The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Favorite Little Things about the Trilogy

I searched for something like this but didn't find anything. This is different from the "most powerful moments" thread; instead just tell which little things about the movies you liked best.

One of my favorites is how Treebeard addresses everyone's favorite sparkly-white wizard as "Young Master Gandalf." I just thought that was very cool because clearly Gandalf isn't young, but it just shows how ancient Treebeard is. I don't know if he does this in the book, but I do recall him referring to Saruman as young as well.

Take it away!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! Gimli's lines

Gimli's comical lines make up for the, ughhh moments of Legolas, I don't care to see. When Legolas does that "I tied, he's still twitching" bull crap in TTT EE, how can you not like Gimli's line...

"He's twitching because he's got my AXE imbedded into his NERVOUS SYSTEM!"

Or..
When Legolas goes for a Mumakil ride and slays it...

"That still only counts as one."

Some of Gimli's comical stunts disturbed me, but most of them brought a laugh to me.

Also, some of Theoden's lines caught my eye, he sounded like a guy who basically "beats around the bush." For example...

Theoden: (to Eowyn) I left you in charge, the people shall follow your rule in my stead, take up the seat in the Golden Hall, long may you defend Edoras if the battle goes ill.
-It's Theoden, basically, saying that lovely, well known phrase of "stay here and watch the fort" or "guard" the house. Lol.

And also Theoden: (to Merry) It's a 3 day ride to Minas Tirith and none of my riders can carry you as a burden.
-Ouch! Now that was indeed a slap in the face, to Merry.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Sam smacking orcs with his frying pan...

Merry and Pippin teaming up on Boroomir and aragorn during training yes gimli's lines....

Treebeard talking about squirrels

"what do they eat when they cant get hobbit" what a coincidence that just happened in my nook on tape! like right now

(this one is a mistake but funny)
the wargs charging legalas as he looks they run down the slope it switches to legalos and back and they run down the same slope again

Bilbo falling asleep in the carriage going to the grey havens

"what avout their legs they dont need those!"
Old 08-09-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I love Gandalf's face when Pippin says "You people of intelligence on this sort of mission....quest....thing!" Gandalf looks over to Elrond "Uhhhhh, wellll. Yeah."

The Frodo Dance!

When Sméagol is saying "He does not care if we be hungry. He does not care if we should die!" to Sam, Sam taunts him by throwing a piece of lembas in his mouth "haha, I can eat, but you can't! nahnahnahnahnah."
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #5
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sandro has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Denethor falling off the spire as the camera pans on the battle.

Two short shots of Gil-Galad and one short shot of Cirdan in FOTR.

Peter Jackson throwing a spear in Helm's Deep.

Everything any Orc or Uruk says.

Boromir's horn being split during the Amon Hen sequence.

The tapestries in Meduseld detailing Rohirrim past.

Aiglos being displayed near the Shards of Narsil.

And my personal favorite: Aragorn putting on Boromir's vambraces after his death and keeping them for the rest of the trilogy.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:28 PM   #6
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
PJ's carrot-chomping cameo in FOTR

When one of the Ents was set on fire in TTT and put itself out when they flooded Isengard

How they all fell down the hill when they were chased by farmer Maggot and Merry said "I think I've broken something." and pulls out a broken carrot

Aside from the movies I loved how Legolas always said Yrch! when he sensed the orcs

I loved Ian's performance as Bilbo. Especially when he was arguing with Gandalf about the ring in FOTR and he put up his dukes a little just like in the book

How Legolas walked on top of the snow in FOTR

How much Viggo loved his sword. In one of the extra scenes Aragorn was sharpening his sword, which Viggo had asked for himself to do in the film. He also had a little knife crafted onto the sword for eating with.