The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
The point is sweetie, that we aren't going to survive. At least not all of us. We know the score - these so called heroes are playing us at our own game and we must win if we are not to be the laughing stock of the Lycanthrope world.
Well, if we are all dead why does it matter if we are the laughing stock?
Quote:
And why are you editing your posts?
If you must know, I changed "lynch" to "kill." Because, I'm not used to having things suddenly switched around and found out we're eating here, not lynching. Though I could perform an expulsion of the spirit, though as I said this would result in the death of the wolf as I have yet to find a way to save the mate after the spirits been expelled.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #42
Nonnacedak
Animated Skeleton

Nonnacedak has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nonnacedak
Im sorry to say that I must cast my vote now since I shall be away for the rest of the night. And the random vote goes to!

++Meneltarmacil

I didn't want to jump on any kind of bandwagon the first night so there is my vote.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #43
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Let me explain my reasoning for jumping down Farael throat. I did not notice what he was at first. Now that I know what he is, I see that he's probably just acting in character. However, that still doesn't ease my mind. As previously said, what if he's a Hero in Wolves clothing who really isn't in denial about being a Wolf? That's all very confusing and all, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

This is adressed to Mith (if you get back tonight) where is morm's vote? I do not see it anywhere. By the looks of things, Formendacil was the first to vote (for me I might add). Unless I'm just blind and can't see it when it's right in front of my face. So, would someone mind clearing things up?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Hmm, Meneltarmacil says we should look at Nonnacedak, Nonnacedak makes it a point to us that his vote is random (as is everyone's so what's the need in saying it's random)? What to make of this developement. It seems like Nonna's vote has more of a purpose than just being random...trying to strike back against the brother who says we should suspect you?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Cross-posting with Glirdan...we might as well just kill Farael. Wolf in denial hey? Well if 'e don't wanna be a wolf, I say we eat him.

Edit: Still having difficulties adjusting from the terminology of "lynching" and "devouring." I will get it down in good time.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #46
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Glirdan

A bit too eager to jump on any bandwagon available. Plus I like to chew my own meat and not have it butchered.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #47
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Glirdan's a bit too eager to jump on bandwagons, eh Morm? But, at the same time, you know that a vote for Glirdan at the moment is pretty safe because of the substantial murmurs against him. Slight hypocrisy there, methinks. Why don't I take your advice and start up a Morm bandwagon?

We'll see.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #48
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I don't believe there's any reason to be suspicious of Farael at the moment. He's just playing his role here. Boromir88 seems to think otherwise though. Perhaps you could offer more of a reason why?

Anyway, at this point, my vote, for reasons I've mentioned before, will go to Glirdan unless further events change my mind.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #49
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
My dear oversized Hyena, if you will note I was the first to bring up suspicion against that Elf, therefore I do not see how sticking to my own thoughts and suspicions can be viewed as bandwagoning, though I was waiting to see who would play that angle!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #50
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
White-Hand

My fellow wolves I hate every one of you with every fiber of my harry body, rivals! That is all you are to me! None the less I am sorry that I have been absent, what can I say? There was some sheep that needed my atention. . .

A lot have been said and votes have already been castet for wom people think should be our next meal! (May there meat be jucy sweet) I my self has not made up my mind, but one thing I will comment on is Glirdan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I think there is also someone else we should look at. A certain Rune perhaps? A Wolf in Shepards clothing? Or is he a Hero disguised as a Wolf in Shepards clothing?
What would that make me? A Hero clothed in a Wolf in a Shepards clothing or A Hero in a Wolf in a Shepards cothing clothing ?

I don't see anything suspisios about Glirdan's behavior, infact it seems very wolfish to me. It seems he is very eager to find these Heroes and therefor makes some small mistakes.

and if I may say so Bandwagoning wont do us any good after my opinion.

I will return later with more comments and maybe a vote

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 12-17-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I forgot this part: That is all you are to me
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #51
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Boromir88 seems to think otherwise though. Perhaps you could offer more of a reason why?~Meneltarmacil
Simply suggesting if Farael doesn't want to be a wolf, refuses she's a wolf, we should be nice little wolves and make it so she aint a wolf anymore, if you get what I mean.

I'll probably vote for Nonnacedak unless someone is a good little hero to come out and admit it. I mean if you are one of these Elven beasts you could save your troop a lot of trouble and needless deaths by admitting it. Might as well get it over with, because you will fail in the end, the sooner your death the easier it will be for everyone.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #52
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Morm, glirden,mith have posted 7 times each. I dont post that much on day 1 and glirden allways anows me with his I want to post more then evryone so.
++GLIRDEN
Old 12-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #53
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, it's getting late where I am. I'm going to vote now.

++Glirdan

If anyone needs me, I'll be off howling at the moon before it sets. Owwwooooooooooooo!

Edit: cross posted with Wayne
Old 12-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #54
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
Morm, glirden,mith have posted 7 times each. I dont post that much on day 1 and glirden allways anows me with his I want to post more then evryone so.
++GLIRDEN

Well you fairy loving ninnyheimer if you want to post more than everyone I suggest more than 2 per day, however if they are not of some substance I will suspect you are trying to be too loud and go after you with my sharp fangs...they may be old but they have a lot of bite left in them. And young fresh meat would be nice indeed. I hope you take my advice.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #55
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Venting time!!

*commence venting (take nothing seriously)*

Well Wayne, I must say that you are rather annoying yourself. Always talking about those stupid, disgusting fairies you eat. What kind of Wolf does that? It's disgusting!!

Morm defending me also strange (somewhat) when he already voted for me, the hypocrite! And saying I'm bandwaggoning with people on suspicions when you and go do pretty much the same thing with your vote for me. Once again, hypocrite! (this is all for fun morm, don't take ANY of it seriously).

Rune, what in Melkor's name are you talking about? You confused me soooo much!!! GRRR!! I don't like being confused.

*end venting*

Well now that I've had a little fun, time to get more serious, not that some of that wasn't serious.

My vote, unless something else changes will be for Farael. I still can't shake the feeling that he is infact one of those delicious tasting Elf Heroes. Mmmmm, Elf flesh!! I'll be back later. I have to go get that meat for Farael, if he gets back on time.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #56
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Cobbler: Rune or Glirdan

73% sure
Old 12-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #57
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Cobbler: Rune or Glirdan

73% sure
*ahem* (This is rather embarassing )
That should be:

Huan: Rune or Glirdan

73% sure
Old 12-17-2005, 11:17 PM   #58
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Morm defending me also strange (somewhat) when he already voted for me, the hypocrite! And saying I'm bandwaggoning with people on suspicions when you and go do pretty much the same thing with your vote for me. Once again, hypocrite! (this is all for fun morm, don't take ANY of it seriously).
Oddly I don't think I defended you, rather I went after Wayne and his ridiculous statement and odd vote. Nay I am no hypocrite. As I stated before to Eomer I started the day suspicious of you and have continued on it, so how does that make me a bandwagoner?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:43 PM   #59
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
However at the eleventh hour my hackles have been raised by a little thing I noticed on my final read through. The Big Bad SaucepanMan asked Eomer how he knew Anguirel's assailants were Elves. He did not ask Mormegil who was the first to say they were. This seems uncharacteristically careless as does the little slip about the villagers fearing for him. He has also been quiet. I know it is early days for his habitual screeds of analysis but he does seem to have had a personality change.
Actually, I don't think that points to him being a hero. Think about it, we all know Saucepan to be rather intelligent, sometimes irritatingly so ( ), and it would be rather foolish of him to suddenly change his style of play if he became a part of the minority for once. I really don't think he would play like that, he's too smart.

I rather like the Glirdan bandwagon, although I don't think I'll join it. Everyone always complains about bandwagoning, but I really don't see what's so wrong with it. It let's one prepare properly for a meal instead of making a last second decision. I like to know what I'm having ahead of time, and a cut of butcher doesn't sound bad at all.

Voting:

Glirdan: 4
Menel: 1
Saucepan: 1

At one time, I had my eye on Farael, until I saw his occupation. That doesn't entirely clear him though, since he could just be using that as a lucky cover.

Well, it's about time I got to sleep. Wouldn't want to eat on no rest after all.

++Rune

Because Glirdan doesn't need my help to die, he looks to be on his way, and Rune made me confused when he talked about clothing a sheep in a wolf or wolfing a sheep in a cloth, or whatever it was.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:48 PM   #60
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf of Nine Tails
Ooh, prey tell, when do you have had a chance to plunge your teeth into a hero?
There was that one time, remember...some elves and a man came over for some reason, we ate the elves but the man got away...

And to the Wolf with the Mannish name - yes, perhaps I am stupid. But I know a Mannish name when I see one.

All this talk about 'bandwagoning' gets to me...it needs to be done, ya gets it done. If ya gots ta be a copycat, so be's it. There has to be bandwagoning else no-one gets eaten!

My defence of the common excuse being over, I must place my vote for

++GLIRDAN

Ha ha! I'm baaa-a-aandwagoning!

No, really. He's jumping on the slightest mention of his name like a fish. I like fish. They taste great.

Though...who decided we're a democracy, one wolf one vote?

Still awaiting the Wolf who cried Girl.

CP'd with Gurth

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #61
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have a lot of time here so I'll try to make this as quick as possible. I've read through everything and a few things struck me as odd.
1) At the beginning there was a lot of jumping on Eomer (first morm, then Glirdan, and then a quick mention by Oddwen). For the most part I'm just going to push that to the back of my mind.
2) There have been a few slips in speech. Often times pertaining to us being wolves instead of regular old villagers. Since it is day one I'd like to let it go. If those before me hadn't slipped up and been called on I'd probably be making the same mistake.
3) This Glirdan bandwagon, I'm not sure what to think. I honestly haven't found anything to really peg him as a hero yet, but maybe I'm not reading carefully enough. I'll reread all his posts.
4) Nonnacedak's vote for Menel. Random he says, but wasn't Menel calling for us to take a harder look at Nonnacedak? Maybe Nonnacedak is trying to cover his hairless behind from further questioning by Menel. Maybe he's really an upset wolf who wants to get even with Menel. Or maybe he picked a name out of a hat.

Well I think I most vote now because I'll probably sleep right through the end of day one.

++NONNACEDAK

My suspicions aren't very strong, but his vote for Menel seems slightly less random then he makes it out to be.

Last edited by Kitanna; 12-18-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #62
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Wolf! Wolf!

*yawn* *growl*

Well, well, sorry to be awake so late, fellow lycans, but a beautiful girl-wolf like me needs her sleep. Sometimes I just feel like I'm living in a different time zone.

So I see poor big Ang's dead! Well, it's a bad sign for our village but I think it serves him right for being such a bully.

And what's this? Heroes? This should be fun...I heard they taste oh-so-good! I hope we catch these awful creatures and have a feast on their tender yummy flesh!

Quote:
And Lhuna. A Girl-Who-Cried Wolf? What's the deal with that? Is she insane!? Or is it a cover for a hairy little secret she has.
Now, now. Is this an innocent slip-up or a revelation of something...interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
But Wayne is Wayne and unpredictable.
In a crisis such as this unpredictable is always bad. I say we devour him and spare ourselves the trouble of trying to understand what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
As I stated before to Eomer I started the day...
Started the WHAT??? My, my, Crabby Wolf.

That's all I see for now. You see, I'm too drowsy to make anything analytical out of your ramblings. Besides, analysis? Isn't that a very mannish thing to do?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #63
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
We might as well just kill Farael. Wolf in denial hey? Well if 'e don't wanna be a wolf, I say we eat him
By all means!! And while you are at it, all hail Huan the wolf. Yes, I'm saying it to you, boromir but I shall not waste any more energy on you, for now I know not to listen to your empty words.

And who was it that said that I'm a wolf in denial? I scoff at that, SCOFF I say! For as far as I know, you are all men who believe to be wolves. The only difference is that I see the truth. I even brushed my teeth before coming here and you know how many times I cut myself since I grew this silly fangs? but no, you don't appreciate civilized company, I hate you!!! almost as much as I hate those heroes.

Alas, I am not a hero myself. Sure, some of you may think that I am a hero in a convenient desguise but let me tell you one thing. I might be something I do not admit I am but one thing is for sure. I am no hero myself.

Now I shall go and fetch myself some meat... I do not fancy werewolf meat tonight, at least not the same one that has been sitting here for most of the day already. And the butcher of this one-warg town only has orc meat so I say, why do we need him? He is so intent on making controversy I would almost guess he has infiltrated our ranks as it was said that filthy Huan has done.... yet something tells me is that supposed exorcist and so I shall cast my vote for the one whom I believe a Hero

++GLIRDAN

And now I shall leave you... but tell me when it's time to get rid of that Hero among us.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:55 AM   #64
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Alas! I fear I've roused myself from sleep too late!

Frankly I see no reason as yet to strongly suspect Glirdan of heroism. So he's admitted to a few mistakes himself, and my female instinct tells me those are sincerely accidental. By all rights I could be wrong, but I'm telling you what I think (not that it would matter this time, I'm afraid). If ever he IS a hero, please don't suspect me of being one of his associates.

I'm just afraid that we might be indulging in cannibalism toNight, and the abhorred heroes among us will be rubbing their deceptively hairy hands in glee. And if Glirdan IS one of us true-blue lycans, I think one of them heroes will have voted against him, seeing that it's easy to hide themselves amidst the bandwagon. Bandwagonning, after all, is the way of real werewolves.

I still say we rid ourselves of Wayne. How anyone can stomach feeding on those cute fairies is beyond me.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:39 AM   #65
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

*sigh*

Maybe I really DO live in a different time zone. Why else would you all choose to be quiet when I want you to speak up? Or is this some kind of...okay, okay, I refuse to give in to paranoia.

Well the time has come for me to leave and do girly-wolvish stuff you probably know nothing about. And before I go, I shall prove to you all that I am a girl of my word.

++WaynetheGoblin

Is it me, or is there something deja-vu-ish about this?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #66
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Well, well, haven't you been assiduous. 11 votes already. In chronological order...

Formendacil -> Glirdan
Mithalwen -> SpM
Nonnacedac -> Menel
mormegil -> Glirdan
Wayne -> Glirdan
Menel -> Glirdan
Gurthang -> Rune
Oddwen -> Glirdan
Kitanna -> Nonna
Farael -> Glirdan
Lhuna -> Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Glirdan [speaks] against Wayne
Funny, because just in his previous post Glirdan was agreeing with Wayne. It's also true that he's been eager to agree with just about everyone. Somehow I could think that a Hero would be more cautious... unless he's bluffing, but maybe he's our Huan. It looks like we are going to find it out soon anyway.

I'd like to point out a few trios in our village. Gurthang and Menel both mentioned Nonnacedak very early when he hadn't even posted yet. Nonna then "randomly" votes for Menel. Now, dog does not eat dog, but a hero just might do that. Or perhaps Kitanna is somehow involved... she didn't like Nonna voting for Menel. Maybe those two have some common activities during Day.

Another interesting combination would be mormegil, Eomer and Nonnacedak. Mormegil accuses Eomer because he's a Warg. Obligatory suspicion towards a fellow hero without good enough reasons to get them devoured? Also, Morm defends Nonnac before he has even posted, but doesn't mention him by name. Instead, Morm refers to him as a scavenger. Maybe an attempt not to draw too much attention to him?

Then there is this trio: Girl-Who-Cried-Wolf who is the vocalist, Butcher who plays the saw and Huffing and puffing Big Bad Wolf who plays the wind instruments... (sorry, couldn't resist )

I have to reread everything before I vote and I have now other things that I must do. I hope I'll be back in a couple of hours.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:40 AM   #67
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
He has also been quiet. I know it is early days for his habitual screeds of analysis but he does seem to have had a personality change.
Well, m'dear, I have had Wolvish affairs to attend to which are unrelated to our present troubles. I am sure that I do not need to tell you that one cannot always be present at our Wolvish counsels when one would like to be. The fact that you seek to use this against me does raise some concerns in my mind with regard to your own nature. As for the other points on which you base your vote against me, well these great claws are wonderful instruments for killing, but not so great when it comes to typing. And yes, I did notice that Mormegil mentioned Elves before Eomer - after I had posted - but since that was all part of the traditional early mutterings, I am not overly concerned about either because of it.

Glirdan seems to have been chosen as the main subject of scrutiny this night. Which troubles me, as I would have preferred the votes to have been more evenly spread. Had they been so, they would be more useful in nights to come (unless Glirdan does prove to be a Hero). Were it not for the concentration of votes against Glirdan, I may have been tempted to vote for him myself. He has, after all, seemed eager to agree with most theories that have been proposed (save for those against him, of course). And he is guilty of a number of slip-ups, the aggregation of which may speak against him. Yet I tend to think that he is a Wolfhound come among us to aid the Heroes. No matter, we will most likely know one way or the other soon enough.

So, rather than joining a bandwagon which seems likely at this stage to overrun its victim, I prefer to place my vote elsewhere this night. And, rather than bring forward a new candidate, it would seem sensible to place a vote for one who has garnered a vote already. Of these, the likely suspects, to my mind, would appear to be Nonnacedak and Wayne. I agree with others who have noted that Nonnacedak's early reaction vote against Meneltarmacil makes him look suspicious. Perhaps it is too early in the hunt to be drawing conclusions from such matters, but we have little to go on on this, the first night. And as for Wayne, well he is saying more than I would normally expect from him (although he could hardly say less), which marks a change in behaviour. He was also one of the earliest to jump on the Glirdan bandwaggon, having not voiced suspicions of him before. And, if we do not kill and devour him now, we will no doubt be debating whether to do so in nights to come.

I will be back later to cast my vote, but it will most likely be for one of those two.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #68
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
White-Hand

I dont have much to say, It is simply too early to say base suspesions on anything of substanse. There is however some people who has actet kind of odd.

Wayne
Noona
and
Farael

I will let Noona and farael get another chance. Wayne however is as some has statet unpredictable, even with his longer post's.

++Wayne

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 12-18-2005 at 06:03 AM. Reason: I forgot the white hand
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #69
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Well, not much to go on since I was last here. With the votes yet to come, any of Glirdan, Meneltarmacil, Nonnacedak, Rune, Wayne or myself may yet succumb to this night's devouring, although Glirdan seems to be the most likely candidate.

I am wary of reading too much into Wayne's behaviour, and Nonnacedak's quick vote against Meneltarmacil in retaliation does seem suspicious to me. Moreover, by keeping the field as open as possible there is yet a possibility of catching a late voting Hero trying to save a comrade. I shall therefore cast my vote for ...

++NONNACEDAK

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 12-18-2005 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Sp
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:52 AM   #70
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Well, much hasn't been said while I was away. I agree with SpM that it would be better if there were at least a couple possible candidates for devouring. If Glirdan get's killed and everyone has voted for him, we can't look very much into the voting patterns wether he's a hero or not. Therefore I'm going to vote for

++NONNACEDAK

because both of my theories involved him and I don't want to climb the Glirdan bandwagon.

edit: Cross-posted with Saucy.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #71
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

What say ye wolves to me giving my vote to Nonnacedak? I don't particularly suspect him but maybe it could tell us more about the few remaining votes? What do you think (if anyone can make it back here to discuss it).

The one who I suspect has not garnered a single vote and it could be a waste for me to vote that way on this night.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #72
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
By all means!! And while you are at it, all hail Huan the wolf. Yes, I'm saying it to you, boromir but I shall not waste any more energy on you, for now I know not to listen to your empty words.
You don't have to listen to me, and I am no Huan. Listen to yourself, but I'm merely suggesting if you don't want to be a wolf we can easily make it so that you aren't.

Is there anyone else left to vote besides me? If so I dearly wish to get Nonnacedak as I find this bandwagon against Glirdan troubling. I do agree with our Big Bad Wolf in one thing that we want our votes spread out, and this stream of people against Glirdan is rather troubling. If I am the only one left to vote then this vote will be pointless. But, I'm going to vote for the way that I said for most of this day as I find no reason to suspect Glirdan and I think our heros have sneakily piled up this bandwagon. Tomorrow If I'm dead I would take a look at these people:
Quote:
mormegil -> Glirdan
Wayne -> Glirdan
Menel -> Glirdan
and...
Quote:
Oddwen -> Glirdan
Who put it out of reach.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #73
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Knuckle-head me forgot to tag on my vote:

++Nonnacedak
Old 12-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #74
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Three votes left, I think. One of them mine.

If I vote for Nonna then he will have 5 and Glirdan will have 6 (I hope I've counted right!) and then there will be two votes left, which could make things very interesting. Of course, it could simply look as though I am trying to save Glirdan, a task which looks very possible at the moment. And it's also likely that all the Elves have voted already, which would make heavy-analysis of the final votes all the more pointless.

*sigh*

I don't know what to do.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #75
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
If I vote for Nonna then he will have 5 and Glirdan will have 6 (I hope I've counted right!)
You have, and that reminds me to add Farael to the list, as before I didn't see she voted for Glirdan, and she's the one that got it up to 6 votes.

Quote:
Of course, it could simply look as though I am trying to save Glirdan, a task which looks very possible at the moment.
You and me in the same boat. This is the problem with voting when 1 or 2 people have the concentration of votes. If you're wrong it looks like you tried to save a fellow hero, if you're right...well it still looks like you betrayed your fellow hero. Which is why I think atleast one hero is in the group I mentioned above that really started to spread things between Glirdan and the rest.

Quote:
And it's also likely that all the Elves have voted already, which would make heavy-analysis of the final votes all the more pointless.
It's likely, and in fact logically and mathematically likely that neither Glirdan nor Nonna our heros. Despite all this, I would still encourage you to vote, even if it's just looks like a throw-away vote at someone who has no chance of being devoured today.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #76
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Well, I wanted to vote for Oddwen but I've read her last post more carefully and I'm happier with her for the moment; so now I'm even more bamboozled.

I've decided not to vote for Nonna or Glirdan, because I don't find either to be particularly Elvish. This could look either noble or manipulative but that's what I get for leaving my vote so late. So be it.

I'm going to vote for one of the quiet ones, someone who is hiding in the middle-ground; because that's probably where 1 or 2 Elves are lurking and ready to pounce. I'll be back in 5 minutes.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #77
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Actually, forget the quiet ones! I'm voting for

++MORMEGIL

because he seems sneaky. The quiet ones all seem so genuine.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #78
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Even as the Black Warg finished his speech, the sky darkened, in the blackest watch of the night, before dawn's outbreak, and a bellowing, atavistic, spine-curdling voice of command called out:

Sorry I'm late, minions. Now, let the...devouring...commence...

Voting closed. Night 1 finishing soon.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #79
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

The First Devouring

In fine wolvish tradition, the Hounds of Sauron had squabbled long and hard as the blood in the dead Anguirel's veins cooled. Though some spoke for applying animal cunning and fiendish logic to the problem, few dared run against the prevailing, and bloody, emotions, lest they be accused of Elvish intellect, Human rationality or even Dwarven common sense.

Thus the deciding factor, as ever, proved to be hunger. Hunger for vengeance at the blow to the Isle's pride; (for few save the maternal alpha female Mithalwen genuinely showed any grief over their slain comrade); hunger for praise and promotion should they catch a Hero; but most of all, hunger for meat, dark, rich, juicy, saucy, satisfying, overwhelmingly filling meat, to finally slake the screaming of their fell stomachs.

So naturally the two leading candidates to be ripped to pieces were those who were known to be hoarding food; Glirdan, the butcher, who actually had the temerity to sell meat to his fellow-wolves, in exchange for bone-marrow (such was commerce in Tol-in-Gaurhoth); and Nonnacedak, a notoriously sly carcass muncher, a scavenger who avoided raids on villages, but turned up when the struggle was over to feed on cadavers. It was thought that it might be hiding some such catch in its filthy lair.

However, the prospect of the butcher's store was the more tempting to the lupine rabble. As one, they encircled the corpulent meat-seller.

Eager to keep up appearances-though most of the crowd was certain that here was no hero-the very idea was risible-the self-styled Exorcist, Boromir88, advanced to "cleanse the goody-goody spirit."

"In Nomine Melkoris, et Sauronis, et Thuringwethilus Sancti..." he intoned.

"That's enough. Let's eat," interrupted the Big Bad Wolf himself, the Saucepan Man. And in a flurry of fur and vast, razor-sharp claws, the Wolf Pack pounced on its chosen victim.

A sudden, unusually vehement roar beneath them made them momentarily pause.

But it was only the butcher's last, vain defiance. In a second Rune had torn open his gorget and mormegil had sunk his fangs into a hindquarter. The wolves feasted for three hours, till only thin scraps of stringy flesh were left. These Nonnacedak took; thankful that the same fate had not befallen him.

And though the Heroes remained hidden, the plundering of the Tower's butchery proved some compensation. As the sun rose, they repaired to their lairs contented, wiping the gore from their whiskers.

Dead

Anguirel (Werewolf)-throat cut as he slept on Day 1
Glirdan (Werewolf)-devoured on Night 1

Living

Saucepan Man-Big Bad Wolf
Mormegil-Crabby Old Wolf
Gurthang-Gil-Gurth
Rune-Wolf-in-Shepherd's-Clothing
Formendacil-Lobo
Farael-Werewolf In Denial
Lhuna-Girl-Who-Cried-Wolf
Eomer-Black Warg of Rhun
Boromir-Exorcist Specialising in Heroes
Spawn-Wolf O' Nine Tails
Kitanna-Beta Wolf
Oddwen-Bloodthirsty Whelp
Kath-Runt of the Litter
Mithalwen-Alpha Female
Meneltarmacil-Lone Wolf
Wayne-Fairy Hunter
Nonnacedak-Scavenger

It is now Day 2. Night will recommence at 2:00 pm GMT tomorrow. I need names from Sauron, Draugluin, Carcharoth, and of course the Heroes. Please also send your choices to Cailin for her information. She has a rather esoteric accent on her name so you may be better off clicking than typing it. Sweet dreams filled with Elven corpses to you all...
Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #80
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Night 2 falls

The moon that greeted the wolves of Tol-in-Gaurhoth as they loped from their squalid quarters and started to howl was larger and brighter than ever.

"A good omen," Boromir88 pronounced, his yellow lupine eyes reflecting the pale, sickly light of Tilion.

"Perhaps the Lord Sauron has driven the Elf-scum away during the foul hours of accursed sunlight," Lhuna suggested. "Perhaps all of us wolves remain to revenge Anguirel by mercilessly preying on nearby villages."

"Perhaps not," the harsh growl of Gil-Gurth responded. "Look over here."

Another wolvish corpse provoked a fresh bout of howling and moaning. It was lost on none of the werewolves that the Heroes had once again struck at the Isle's largest and strongest hounds; for the Big Bad Wolf, the Saucepan Man, lay in a contorted position on the rocky ground. He had evidently fought hard despite being taken sleeping; this time there was no mere sly dagger slash, but a whole array of deep wounds. Farael, who remembered most of Mannish customs still, identified the strokes.

"They got him with a broadsword here...and this is clearly an axe-stroke...and he's been shot in the eye, though the arrow has been torn out..."

But the wolf-in-denial lurched back as the prone but massive wolf stirred. He was still alive, and he began to emit many strangled gurglings. Cautious of sudden death-throes, the other wolves edged back.

Then the Saucepan Man did something which amazed and disgusted them all. He choked out a phrase...in Elvish!

"Aure entuluva!"

Thus died Huan, faithful hound of Orome and Celegorm, implacable enemy to all wolves, wrongfully slain by his own allies. And, though initially daunted, the wolves soon began to rejoice, in their own despicable fashion, as they maimed their foe's carcass.

Dead

Anguirel (Werewolf)-throat cut as he slept on Day 1
Glirdan (Werewolf)-devoured on Night 1
The Saucepan Man (Huan)-murdered by mischance on Day 2

Living

Mormegil-Crabby Old Wolf
Gurthang-Gil-Gurth
Rune-Wolf-in-Shepherd's-Clothing
Formendacil-Lobo
Farael-Werewolf In Denial
Lhuna-Girl-Who-Cried-Wolf
Eomer-Black Warg of Rhun
Boromir-Exorcist Specialising in Heroes
Spawn-Wolf O' Nine Tails
Kitanna-Beta Wolf
Oddwen-Bloodthirsty Whelp
Kath-Runt of the Litter
Mithalwen-Alpha Female
Meneltarmacil-Lone Wolf
Wayne-Fairy Hunter
Nonnacedak-Scavenger

Night 2 has now begun. Growl your way to a second devouree, wolves.