Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #1561
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Still hanging around...

I'll be very busy for the next week still but then it should settle down a bit. It's good Lommy is working with Cnebba. I'll be posting for Stigend soonish...

Nice to see that people are coming together again - even if slowly.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #1562
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hmph, I don't understand how, but I FORGOT I was supposed to post. Expect a post in the following few days (and don't experct anything brilliant ).
Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #1563
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Who wants to catch Saeryn and wrest her from Eodwine's jealous grasp - and face his wrath?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #1564
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Who wants to catch Saeryn and wrest her from Eodwine's jealous grasp - and face his wrath?
Let's lay the blame on the newcomer - Nerindel, is your new character ready for a hardcore entrance?

Folwren - is Javan riding to catch the couple? I could see him competing with Cnebba and Garmund. He would have to start the race later, though, because the horse the younger boys are riding is already oldish and not any posh breed horse and carrying two riders...

PS. Nogrod, I hope that what I wrote about Stigend is ok. If not, I can easily make it just Garstan and Léothern.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #1565
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Folwren - is Javan riding to catch the couple? I could see him competing with Cnebba and Garmund. He would have to start the race later, though, because the horse the younger boys are riding is already oldish and not any posh breed horse and carrying two riders...
I guess he might be riding...I hadn't thought about it.

Quote:
I think so far, Thornden is in the lead, and next comes Erbrand. Can we have them both over take the bride and groom and while Thornden keeps Eodwine back, Erbrand snatches Saeryn?

I didn't realize it was so literally a chase. Do they have to get the bride all the way back to the encampment? This is more fun than I thought!

-- Folwren
Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #1566
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Note that snatching Saeryn is complicated by the fact that Saeryn is sitting in front of Eodwine; they'll have to get the horse to stop and pull Eodwine away in order to get at Saeryn. Lucky for all involved, Eodwine doesn't have his sword with him .... yet.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #1567
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, so you may think that leaping from one horse's back to another is a bit far fetched, and I might think so, too, except for two facts - I've done it (clumsily, true, but still) AND we are in Rohan and Thornden has grown up there and is a trained man-at-arms.

Enjoy! Looking forward to next posts, by either Groin or Elempi.

-- Foley

Edit: By the bye, I think it would be seriously funny if Eodwine threw the first person (or two) to touch Saeryn or aid in her kidnapping in the dungeon.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #1568
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I was considering writing a post today, but my time has fled me. I am leaving for the weekend. I'll be back Monday. Maybe something will have happened by then. Sunday is Groin's day off. Maybe he'll post for Erbrand.

-- Foley
Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #1569
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've set the scene for the next round of posts for anyone who wants to write before Eodwine comes to the area of the baker and claims his bride back. Have fun.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #1570
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

An entire two weeks has gone by since my last post, and nothing at all has happened here. I have therefore concluded that interest has wained enough such that it is no loss to bring this Day to an end. So I have done that.

I bid you all farewell. Happy writing (if there is any)!

Good Bye and God bless.

- littlemanpoet aka elempi aka LMP aka Paul Meeter
Old 09-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #1571
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Good bye, LMP! Thanks for everything. We'll miss you, and please come back when and if the time is right.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #1572
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
May you have a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you. Farewell LMP!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #1573
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's kind of an anti-climax it should happen this way... and I feel guilty on my part for not been too enthusiastic to write of late. Yeah, the normal story: so much RL stuff, no grand role to work the story forwards etc.

You should have had a grand exit anyway.

Now it was more like how T.S. Eliot says in the Hollow Men that the world ends "not with a bang, but with a whimper".

We should have had the Bang we were kind of building up already!

But we who are left should also consider what to do next? As a co-mod for this I feel I should take some initiative here. So let's discuss also that. lmp's ending is kind of wrapping it up -stuff so we could start from anywhere if we want to do it.

So what say you?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #1574
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So it appears that the great littlemanpoet has finally taken his leave. Good luck with whatever you do, and I know I speak for all of us when I say that we'll miss you!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #1575
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

But we who are left should also consider what to do next? As a co-mod for this I feel I should take some initiative here. So let's discuss also that. lmp's ending is kind of wrapping it up -stuff so we could start from anywhere if we want to do it.

So what say you?
I want intrigue! And battles! And dark secrets!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #1576
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Fare well, LMP! Hope to see you back some day, and thanks for everything. And I mean that.

It's sad to see him go, and to go this way... but like Nogrod, I'm afraid to have the typical excuses. *sigh*

So, this Mead Hall is now going to be owned by Nogrod, and I'm going to be the co-owner. We have some plans as for how to continue, but we have to negotiate about stuff. It is likely there will be all kinds of nasty stuff... probably all of what Gwath wants.

I hope we can introduce something rather mind-blowing to the scene within a few weeks (RL time). Meanwhile, feel free to post about the feast night, or the following day. There may be or may not be a time jump after that, but something's going to happen for sure.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #1577
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

So, this Mead Hall is now going to be owned by Nogrod, and I'm going to be the co-owner. We have some plans as for how to continue, but we have to negotiate about stuff. It is likely there will be all kinds of nasty stuff... probably all of what Gwath wants.

Goood, goood. I myself plan to explore Crabannan's questionable past some more.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 AM   #1578
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Goood, goood. I myself plan to explore Crabannan's questionable past some more.
Sounds interesting.

We are (or were, ages ago ) planning to recruit some new blood to join our ranks. I hope that's going to work.

-------------------

Any writers not in The Scarburg Meadhall who happen to see this, feel free to PM me or Nogrod, because we can offer you an intriguing role here. I think the only prerequirement is that you have posted on the Golden Perch Inn.

-------------------

Of course, if some old writer wants a new character and thinks s/he can handle both or wants to get rid of the old one (which could be a pity), just tell us and we can tell you what kind of new characters we'd like to have.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #1579
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm going to miss Elempi cruelly. I guess it couldn't be avoided forever....

-------

I don't want to get rid of Thornden, but I'd like to bring him back to the foreground in my writing. I'm certainly not going to take on yet another character, though I'd love to be part of some trouble or intrigue. See if you can figure me and any of my characters in somehow or other.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #1580
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

Of course, if some old writer wants a new character and thinks s/he can handle both or wants to get rid of the old one (which could be a pity), just tell us and we can tell you what kind of new characters we'd like to have.
I'd be at least interested in hearing what you have in mind, as my other character over in Tears of Mirrormere will be dying soon, maybe I need another character.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #1581
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I'm going to miss Elempi cruelly. I guess it couldn't be avoided forever....
Sad but true. But then again he had made up his mind and we managed to make him stay much longer I thought we would...

Quote:
I don't want to get rid of Thornden, but I'd like to bring him back to the foreground in my writing. I'm certainly not going to take on yet another character, though I'd love to be part of some trouble or intrigue. See if you can figure me and any of my characters in somehow or other.
Well, I think there is at least one major decision we should make here and that is the fate of lord Eodwine. I remember we discussed whether I should start writing him after elempi leaves and I had doubts already then. And now as the moment draws closer I'm having even more of them. He's just so much lmp's character.

Now we could write him off quite nicely. Like that he moves with his newly-wed wife into somewhere else to grow apples or anything suitable for an old man who wants to enjoy easy family-life after doing a long service to the King. Or something. And if some writers would like to get rid of any characters we could write them going with him.

The plus side would be that if lmp would like to come back one day for a visit or something, he could do it then easily.

But how does this concern Thornden you Foley might ask. Well I think it concerns him a lot. Now if we were to write lord Eodwine off, the Mead Hall needs a new eorl or at least a caretaker. That could be a place where Thornden could fit in. Eodwine sure would have recommended Thornded for the post to the King.

If you Foley would like that, of course.

On the other hand, we could decide that the King will send a new eorl. Then Thornden would have a major role in helping that person out and would probably have to answer for a lot that goes on anyway. And maybe the possible new eorl isn't the best of men at all? Then Thornden would have to stand straight and who knows what would follow?

But what do you think Foley?

And others?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #1582
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I say we should keep Eodwine as eorl, but simply keep in the background of the story and focus on the other characters. Make him part of the set, part of the scenery. Just as Eodwine is too much lmp's character, Scarburg is too much Eodwine's endeavor. He needs to stay for the time being.

Those are my thoughts.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #1583
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I say we should keep Eodwine as eorl, but simply keep in the background of the story and focus on the other characters. Make him part of the set, part of the scenery. Just as Eodwine is too much lmp's character, Scarburg is too much Eodwine's endeavor. He needs to stay for the time being.
Those are my thoughts.
That is true - but it will be difficult for me and Nogrod to direct the storyline if our characters are mere a carpenter and an all-around household woman plus one kid. Thus it would be easier to write if there was a new Eorl or some other important new character story. Or then Foley'll have to be the one to take over after all as she writes the Lady and the almbudsman (or whatever the word was). But I got the picture that won't work for her.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #1584
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

What if one of you was playing Eodwine's right hand man? He could receive his orders from Eodwine and you'd still be able to direct affairs around the Burg. Just an idea, but I'd love to see Eodwine stay if possible.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #1585
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
What if one of you was playing Eodwine's right hand man? He could receive his orders from Eodwine and you'd still be able to direct affairs around the Burg.
That would be Thornden aka Foley's character... We should have to wait first what she thinks of the idea of Thornden taking the reins.

I would be happy with it.

Myself and Lommy could take some other characters then to be more involved with the running of the Mead Hall - like if the King would send there some aids to take care of organizing the things or whatever.

Anyway a carpenter, a half-dunleding wife of his and their child surely are in no position to kind of roll the plot forwards anyway...

But we have to think about this...

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #1586
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Of course. I'm just brainstorming, don't feel like you have to listen to me. You two are in charge here.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #1587
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
What if one of you was playing Eodwine's right hand man? He could receive his orders from Eodwine and you'd still be able to direct affairs around the Burg. Just an idea, but I'd love to see Eodwine stay if possible.
Thornden is Eodwine's right hand man. I'll tell you all now that if this story gets interesting again, as it has in the past several times, I will find time to write. It'll be like a good book that I can't put down and I'll keep having to come back to it.

I liked the idea of a less-than-good Eorl coming to take Eodwine's place, but I didn't like the idea of sending Eodwine off. That didn't seem like a characteristic thing for him to do. He's not an 'old man' by any long shot. He still has many years of ruling ability left in him. Now, Elempi was considering talking about killing him off, but I shied away from that idea at the time - probably because I was hoping Elempi would change his mind and stay - but now he's gone, I understand the hesitance to take his character. Elempi IS Eodwine...or Eodwine is Elempi, hard to say which.

So, what I'm driving at...what if we go ahead and have Eodwine ... well ... killed. It'll be sad as all gets out, but Elempi's gone, and because of that, I almost think it's fitting if his character leaves, too, seeing as they're so close together in our minds.

If that happens, I also like the idea of Saeryn being pregnant with their first child. That'll add some interest to me and probably others around here.

Then we can bring in a new Eorl and someone else can actually play the man. I want someone to play the main role of the Eorl and I'd prefer it not to be me...I'm afraid of messing up. But, if I can create a BAD Eorl that we can expect to mess up, then I woudln't mind as much. I just can't fill Elempi's/Eodwine's shoes.

K, I've got to run to class. I'll talk later. You all discuss this.

-- Folwren
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #1588
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ooooh.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #1589
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If we are going to kill of Eodwine, how is it going to be done? Shall it be an accident? Say if Eodwine is putting on the roof and he "accidently" steps on a loose beam and whoops! bye bye Eodwine. It could also be a hunting accident, or something similar to that.

Also, in the beginning of the thread Elempi mentioned that there might be tensions between the local farmers/peasants and Scarburg. Is it time for a little death and destruction? I'm just throwing out ideas, I am satisfied if Nogrod, Lommy, and even if Folwren or Gwathagor takes up Eodwine as a character.

I don't have a lot of time in the near future and I have a semi-light load of work this weak. Is the situation stable enough for posts to be made?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #1590
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Also, in the beginning of the thread Elempi mentioned that there might be tensions between the local farmers/peasants and Scarburg. Is it time for a little death and destruction?
Yup... That is what we I had thought with Lommy and discussed it with elempi. YOu shall see it quite soon...

And if we are really going to kill lord Eodwine we might make it tragic as well (notes to what I said earlier). That could raise emotions with the residents of the Mead Hall to be sure...

Quote:
Is the situation stable enough for posts to be made?
Sure! And I think Lommy already mentioned you should feel free to write something that fits the "now" in the story (or the next morning if you wish).

It will take a few RL days from Lommy and me to work out some outlines of the plot (and we'll be hanging together a few days today onwards).

Then we will probably make a jump in time to some near future (a week or two I suppose, depending on the general outlook of things).
Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #1591
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:

Then we will probably make a jump in time to some near future (a week or two I suppose, depending on the general outlook of things).
If we're really actually planning to take Eodwine out of the story in the next time jump, let's please make it more than a week or two. Give Saeryn a little bit more time than that.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #1592
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

We had a long discussion (Lommy and me) and came to the following conclusions...

The autumn is knocking at the door and everything should be ready for the winter. So there will be a period of hard-work after the wedding which we will not write. Also the major supplies the people of the MH had gotten with them from Edoras are dwindling - as foreseen of course. But it has been lord Eodwine's idea that they would call the neighbouring landlords to visit them only as soon as the Mead Hall itself is ready enough to host guests. That day is now coming...

The agenda for that meeting is not only to say hello, but also to establish the "vassalship" the landlords will have to the eorl - and via that to the king (including taxes paid by the landlords as supplies and money to the eorl).

But lord Eodwine will take ill just a little before the meeting of the landlords... He is seriously ill... (and will be removed with anyone wishing to accompany him to Edoras where they could try to heal him)

~*~

The people of the Mead Hall after lord Eodwine leaves... (tentative eg. open to changes & waiting for additions)

The "King's men" aka. the officers & the soldiers...

Thornden (Foley) - Caretaker of the Mead Hall as Eodwine leaves.

Lithor (Groin) - Veteran soldier, organiser par excellence.
Wilcred (?) - Veteran soldier, quiet guy.

Raedwald (?) - Thirty-something soldier.

Osmund (?) - Young soldier.
Aethelstan (?) - Young soldier.

*Some things have been written about Wilcred, Osmund and Aethelstan but their characters are quite open as for now.

Balvir (Nerindel) - Gondorian Captain, part of Eodwine's guard.
Matrim (Nerindel) - Gondorian soldier, part of Eodwine's guard.

Wanderers living at the MH

Náin (Form) - A dwarven sculptor.
Crabannan (Gwath) - Wandering warrior minstrel.
Daghan-Turi-Dan (Eönwë) - A Druadan.
Iohmair Fearghal (Nerindel) - A scribe from Dale.

The household staff...

Harreld (?) - Smith, Ginna's husband.
Garstan (NPC Nog./Lom.) - Stoneshaper.
Stigend (Nogrod) - Carpenter, Modtryth's husband.
Erbrand (Groin) - Leather-worker.
Léof (Firefoot) - The Stable-master.

Frodides (Kath) - Cook.
Kara (Kath) - Assistant cook.
Ginna (Lhuna) - Maid, Harreld's wife.
Modtryth (Lommy) - All-around household helper, Stigend's wife.
Aedhel (Nerindel) - Healer.

The children...

Javan (Foley) - Thornden's little brother.
Garmund (NPC Nog./Lom.) - Garstan's son.
Leodthern (NPC Nog./Lom.) - Garstan's daughter.
Cnebba (Nog./Lom.) - Son of Stigend & Modtryth.

Those characters with a questionmark after their name are up for grabs. Especially we would love to see someone taking the role of Wilcred or Raedwald as we'd need to have at least one more actively playing "officer" (Osmund or Aethelstan could take that role as well but it would be more natural that the higher ranking one took the initiative when needed).

~*~

As nice as it would have been to keep one more secret, we're quite obliged to let out this one as we're also actively seeking for new writers...

So the Mead Hall will soon have a new eorl and his entourage...

To that we're seeking:
- the wife of the eorl
- a right-hand man of the eorl (in a way "his Thornden")
- a maid
- little children
- craftsmen / soldiers

All in all... the major needs are getting writers to:
- one or two MH officers (Wilcred, Raedwald... or someone yet unnamed)
- the wife of the eorl
- a right-hand man of the eorl

If you know you're not willing to or not able to write for your character mentioned in the list, please contact me or Lommy for it. If you want to grab one of the roles with a questionmark or one from the list of the new characters, please make yourself heard in this thread. We'll try to answer any questions concerning the characters you might wish to take wqe are able to answer - after all they are your characters then.

We'll also post something to the thread soonish to make things move (we'll jump a month or something - but meanwhile feel free to write anything there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
If we're really actually planning to take Eodwine out of the story in the next time jump, let's please make it more than a week or two. Give Saeryn a little bit more time than that.
After we post about Eodwine's illness, you could post something before he goes (if you need someone to build the post with, I could try it as my honours to elempi)? And you should decide whether Saeryn stays or goes with him! We'd love Saeryn to stay... especially as the neighbouring lords are coming to visit and Thornden might wish to have someone by his side to receive them in the sudden situation...
Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #1593
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I'm game for whatever you need me to do. Possibly interested in the eorl's wife, but really I'm quite flexible.

Something else that would be really helpful if you are trying to get new writers into the mix would be a couple of posts that show the nature and atmosphere of the MH, as well as some sample posts of the characters that are currently bequestionmarked.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #1594
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
I'm game for whatever you need me to do. Possibly interested in the eorl's wife
That would be great!

Quote:
Something else that would be really helpful if you are trying to get new writers into the mix would be a couple of posts that show the nature and atmosphere of the MH, as well as some sample posts of the characters that are currently bequestionmarked.
We're actually working on it. There will be more stuff in a day or two... and eyeing through the Scarburg MH fex. from the beginning wouldn't be bad anyway (the Scarburg Mead Hall is a continuation of the Eorling Mead Hall with a host of same characters taking their places in the new location).

But sure one can get into it without knowing the earlier characters if one is taking a new character from the new eorl's entourage. Realistically they wouldn't know who there were and what kind of people they were they would meet in their new location...
Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #1595
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
That would be great!
Whom would I be married to? (That's what's keeping me from just jumping in right now. )

Quote:
But sure one can get into it without knowing the earlier characters if one is taking a new character from the new eorl's entourage. Realistically they wouldn't know who there were and what kind of people they were they would meet in their new location...
Which is why I might be more amenable to taking on a new entourage role. But as I said, whatever I'm needed for.

ETA: I do believe I'm in for the role of the wife now that I've got a marginally better idea of what's going on.

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 10-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #1596
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Whom would I be married to? (That's what's keeping me from just jumping in right now. )
To my new character, actually... (So that explains my enthusiasm... )

But to be serious, I think you'd be a good person for that role. Actually you were the first person Lommy and I came to think when pondering about good candidates for that role among the possible new writers...

Quote:
I do believe I'm in for the role of the wife now that I've got a marginally better idea of what's going on.
That would be delightful, as said above.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #1597
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
To my new character, actually... (So that explains my enthusiasm... )
That's all right... Just wait till sally finds out about the match...
Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #1598
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
That's all right... Just wait till sally finds out about the match...
Sally could play the maid of the lady stepping in at every inconvenient time...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #1599
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If no-one else wants him, I'll take Raedwald (at least until December- after that my life gets crazy until the end of May, and I'm not sure what time I'll have).
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #1600
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
If no-one else wants him, I'll take Raedwald (at least until December).
Great! I just sent a PM to you (and Groin and Gwath) asking just about these roles. You taking Raedwald would be very god indeed!

And as Raedwald has not been written at all you will have free hands to make him whatever you want (well, clearly he isn't the most loud person as he has been not in the forefront until now but maybe his hidden characteristics will emerge when needed? ).

We thought (myself and Lommy) that Raedwald could be somewhere between the veterans (Lithor & Wilcred) and the juniors (Osmund & Aethelstan). But it's your call.
It's 15 years after the War of the Ring so feel free to decide whether he was there or not...