The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Bain The Brave

Sting Who would win?

Who would win beetween Gollum and Doby(in Harry Potter)? Gollum can't use the ring and Doby can't use magic. So its good Ol hand-to-hand-combat. Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
Bain The Brave

Tolkien

I personally think gollum would win with his sharp teeth and how he can sort of bound/run. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2003, 11:10 PM   #3
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

Oh yeah, Gollum would kick Dobby's butt!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:36 PM   #4
Vladivos the Rider
Animated Skeleton

Vladivos the Rider has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm, it'd be my first instinct to say Gollum, but then again that could be because he is generally portrayed as much more sinister than Dobby. Then again, if Dobby were to actually be really angry....
I'd say Gollum still, but it would be closer than my initial reaction to the question implies [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #5
Bain The Brave

Sting

Now. Who do you think would win if They could each use their powers(the ring for Gollum and magic for Doby)? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #6
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Doby can use magic can't he? He can make himself disappear and he did that weird thing to Lucius Malfoy at the end of the second book...

Oh nevermind, I see what you mean know. They're not allowed to use their powers. Okay.

Well...as long as Doby doesn't have the ring I think they probably wouldn't have any reason to fight. If Doby did have the ring, he'd loose.

But Gollum is evil so he has to loose! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

In conclusion, I cast mine vote for Doby! And he's just so cute! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen, a very rare Harry Potter fan and Lord of the Rings fan (Don't shoot me!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 10-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #7
Maethorien
Animated Skeleton

Maethorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I vote for Gollum. Even if he didn't strangle or bite Dobby, he'd probably scare him to death.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
Vladivos the Rider
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hmm, depends whether Gollum has any great defenses against magic. He stood up to torture without going insane...
Still, I think maybe Dobby this time. Presumably he could use his magic to block whatever Gollum was doing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #9
Darth Mithrandir
Pile O'Bones

Darth Mithrandir has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dobby is unique in several ways, however he's still just a 'servant' and an elf. His magic is also limited because of the abilities inferred. But alas, I haven't read the Rowling sagas yet.

Smeagol however has withstood the test of time. He also had to rely on trickery, maliciousness, and cunning to dwell some 500 years in the bowels of the Misty mountains. In addition to this, had Gollum actually studied the rings capabilities, he would have found himself to be nigh on indestructable, and to have had the powers to control Dobby at will. This means that Dobby would have ended up kicking his own arse if you grasp the concepts.

Gollum hands down.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:33 PM   #10
TealDude4
Animated Skeleton

TealDude4 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think Gollum whould win.

Hey, remember the MTV Movie Awards. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Smeagol: "Dobby likes me."
Gollum: "Dobby! Dobby's a %#$@#$% #$!@."
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That was so off topic, but so funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fail. And we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day, we fight!"
TealDude4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:07 PM   #11
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

id DEFINATELY DEFINATELY DEFINATELY DEFFFFIIINNNAAATTTEELLLYYYY say gollum...i mean, after being in the cave for so long, he HAS to let all that anger and rage out on SOMEONE...why not doby? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 06:13 PM   #12
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gollum would I think... Yes Definitely Gollum!

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Jack ]
Old 10-28-2003, 02:04 PM   #13
Vladivos the Rider
Animated Skeleton

Sting

In a hands on fight gollum no doubt, but from the way he reacts against people he's trying to hurt, he doesn't seem to have any magic of his own, or ways to block it. If he managed to get close enough to Dobby to touch him, though.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #14
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I would say Gollum. But it would also depend if Smeagol got involved. After all, Smeagol and Dobby are acquainted, aren't they?

Quote:
Smeagol: "Dobby likes me."
Smeagol and Gollum would start arguing at that point, so Dobby could escape, and Gollum would win by forfeit. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-08-2003, 05:16 AM   #15
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
JUst let it be known... I agree with what Gollum said at the MTV Movie Awards...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #16
Moritari

Sting

Yes, i too agree with Gollum there. Well i would if knew what he said! i can't believe i missed the MTV awards! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Anyway, i think Dobby would probably win, if he didn't bang his head against a wall and knock himself out!
So gollum, being a devious, gangrel creature, would pretend he knocked out Dobby, and be declared the winner! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Go gollum!!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #17
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is implied in the books that Gollum eats small goblins. He's friends with Shelob, and I think we can assume he could get some Orcish help if needed. He bit off Frodo's freakin' finger, people!
What did Dobby do? Floated a cake around the kitchen. Knocked some unexpecting guy over. Yeah, that's really going win him a victory against the creature who followed Frodo all the way across Middle Earth, escaped from a whole search party of armed Elves, and survived torture and interrogation by Sauron's forces.

Dobby better stick to washing his stupid sock.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:30 PM   #18
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I also think definitely Gollum because Dobby would just like start banging his head against a wall or something...

And can I start a new one? If Arwen and Eowyn had to fight (like over Aragorn or something) which one would win?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #19
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

Gollum.
Why are you asking such a question?
We know who would win.
Besides that, Harry Potty, i mean Potter suks.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:59 AM   #20
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen vs. Eowyn. Well, let's think. (I'm approaching this like a Grudge Match.
Okay, so we can't count on the Babe Factor, because they're both hot. (I'm not gay, I just think that if I want to look like someone, they're hot, and I'd like to look like either.)
On top of this, they're both got the Rage (TM). Eowyn has it aplenty, being a lonely girl. Arwen will soon have it, as soon as she learns there's any competition for Aragorn. 0 points awarded.
Let's talk about skill now. We can see that Arwen can clearly ride a horse well. I'll assume any horse, since she stole the one we saw her on. (This also speaks for the possibility of her fighting dirty, although that might not matter if this is a catfight.) Eowyn can of course ride well, being the most noble lady (and therefore the most priviledged, of the land of the horses. She's also Kick-A**, which I think should count as a category. If she can kill the King of the Nazgul, she can take on a sissy Elf. She's got the sword skills.
However, Arwen might too. We see her with that sword at the Ford. But we never see her use it.
On top of this, we have the Book vs. Movie factor. Eowyn does all this great stuff in the book. Arwen doesn't. Their characters were designed by Tolkien to do certain things. Eowyn was designed to go work off her righteous Rage by killing people. Arwen spends her time sewing and singing.
I vote that Arwen gets a good beating, at least until Aragorn is torn apart in their tug-of-war. They'll soon be calling each other "sister", and proceed to start a feminist revolution. Aragorn is left in the mud, although he can't really get much dirtier anyhow.
Tie.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #21
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOL I like your thinking Lindril Arvilya!!!
I thought about it again and using inspiration from you, I have come up with the following-
Ending 1.) Eowyn would win. But then Arwen would say, "But there is still hope" and tackle Eowyn all over again. And Aragorn gives up and hits on Galadriel instead.

Ending 2.) After fighting until a standstill, they decide to compromise- each to their own, but literally. Eowyn gets the man, Aragorn, and Arwen gets the elf, Legolas. Oh, but then she'd have to deal with me...

Ending 3.) From the above, I definately whip Arwen's silk clad butt (i "have some skill with a blade") and get Legolas. YAY!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Okay, maybe i should add a happy (but not exactly original) ending.
4.) They follow what the book says and Arwen gets Aragorn, and Eowyn gets Faramir. Happily ever after. D'ya think that maybe there was a secret catfight bewteen Arwen and Eowyn just like this except for that Tolkien accidentally left it out?
Old 11-16-2003, 05:20 PM   #22
Eowyn_Wildfire
Animated Skeleton

Eowyn_Wildfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eowyn_Wildfire
Sting

If this was going to be from the book Eowyn would win hands down! she killed the whichking. and whats Arwen gonna do? stab her with her sewing neddle? I can see it now! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Eowyn_Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #23
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
How about something new: the two fiery guys.

Fëanor against Denethor

I'm supposed to comment on them, but Comm 3 class is starting...gotta go!

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->Elenrod
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:43 AM   #24
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Are Silmarilli flammable? If yes, the uppish Noldo doesn't stand a chance.

Fëanor: Takes this, old man! *throws Silmaril*
Denethor: *burns Silmaril with flamethrower* Is that all you can conjure, pretty-boy? *burns Fëanor*
(The Seven Orphans are stunned)
Denethor: *did the look Neo did after killing the first Agent Smith*
Maglor: Fight with him. *pushes Maedhros*
Maedhros: Not me; I've got only one hand!
Amrod: We can't fight with him...
Amras: We're almost irrelevant in the Silm!

->Elenrod
Old 11-27-2003, 12:29 AM   #25
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Oh, come on, Feanor would win, no question. He was prepared to take on Morgoth! You think a little human would be any match for him? One look from him, and Denethor would melt.
How about Wormtonge vs. Wormtail? (Back to Potter vs. LOTR.)Both are tratiors. Both are geeks gone bad. Both tried, and failed to be sneaky and sucessful. Both are the right hand men of thier Dark Lords(in Wormtail's case, literally). I think in a fist fight, Wormtail would definitely win, he may be a sneak, but he's ripped! (For an old guy.) Wormtail just sort of snivels about. But everybody knew Wormtonge was evil, except the king, Wormtail was un-expectedly bad. Which is worse?
Old 11-27-2003, 12:59 AM   #26
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gotta put my money on Fëanor for this one, too! After all, think what would have happened had Fëanor looked into the palantir and encountered Sauron...he made the blinkin' palantiri, and he has the deepest knowledge of them out of anyone in Arda, save Eru Himself! And Denethor couldn't even keep his own sanity!

Denethor decides to lay down and take his son with him into death after succumbing to the despair instilled by Sauron; Fëanor rallied a WHOLE lot of Elves and made a looong journey to confront Morgoth after he killed his father and stole the Silmarils. I think Fëanor has much more initiative; he'd probably just have to use the palantir on old Denny and he'd have him lighting up real nice! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta

P.S. I'd have to put my money on Wormtail over Wormtongue as well. Wormtail managed to facilitate the Dark Lord's return AFTER he had been found out, while Wormtongue simply ran to his master and became a pitiful grovelling ineffectual specimen, doomed to die a pitiful death.
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 02:22 AM   #27
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Hey, what's pretty boy going to do against a pyromaniac. He can call all the Elves he wants: The more the fuel, the bigger the flame. You keep nasty Palantir.

Anyway, I don't know who Wormtail is. Is he related in any form to Novosibiirsk Komsomolets?

->Elenrod
Old 11-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #28
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Hey, what's pretty boy going to do against a pyromaniac. He can call all the Elves he wants: The more the fuel, the bigger the flame. You keep nasty Palantir.
Ooh! Denethor keeps nasty palantir, actually! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh, and Fëanor wouldn't have to call any other Elves; he's got the art within him. He has the fire within him; Denethor has to strike a match! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Anyway, I don't know who Wormtail is. Is he related in any form to Novosibiirsk Komsomolets?
Got me there! He's Peter Pettigrew, one of the companions and the betrayer of James and Lily Potter (Harry's dead parents) in the Harry Potter series (introduced in Prisoner of Azkaban explicitly, but present throughout the series (won't spoil it for those who haven't read the books). He was the sidekick of the Dark Lord Voldemort, thus the automatic analogy with Wormtongue. I thought it an apt analogy myself!

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 04:27 PM   #29
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

Wormtongue would win, definately. Wormtail's just a fat, balding little rat. If anything, He'd do his little turn into a rat thing, and Wormtongue would set a mousetrap. Try this one: A cross-continuum Elrond vs. Agent Smith. We know Agent Smith has those spiffy tricks where he can dodge speeding bullets, but then again, Elrond fought in the Last Alliance and lived. Or would reality be completely messed up because actor wise, they're one and the same?
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #30
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's an interesting concept. Though I personally think that reality would be screwed up (or is our reality false such as in "The Matrix?"); if I had to choose I'd say Agent Smith would win. He's got lightning fast reflexes and is quite a bit stronger than Elrond. Let's face it, Elrond would be toast within 30 seconds.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:19 AM   #31
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Quote:
Oh, sorry. That sub has been decommissioned at the fall of the Soviet Union. And sorry for quoting myself.

Anywhen...

Quote:
Elrond would be toast within 30 seconds.
Yeah...if they were 3 million leagues apart. At normal distance...3 milliseconds would do. Just a jab, then break his filthy little neck. But then again, Elrond could heal himself. Could a dead guy heal himself, or would that raise ethical questions?

->Elenrod(no, not Elrond!)
Old 12-01-2003, 03:44 PM   #32
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elrond vs. Agent Smith

The two stand in a face off. Agent Smith lunges forward, sticks his hand into Elrond's body, and morphes himself into the form of Elrond! Now that Agent Smith is Elrond, the stage is set for Agent Elrond to take over Middle Earth! Just think, once Agent Elrond has The Ring (which isn't hard to swipe from some measly little hobbit), the question becomes:

Who Will Win, Agent Elrond, Or Sauron?
~Orks, are a disease...~
Old 12-02-2003, 02:16 AM   #33
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

I dunno...given Sauron's propensity to bash people into pulp...maybe he has a chance. Whoever wins, it still would be a good fight.

->Elenrod aka Agent Sméag
Old 04-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #34
samwise8504
Animated Skeleton

samwise8504 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

how about gollum vs mini-me
samwise8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #35
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I know this thread is old, but I just read this thing and a horrid thought came to mind!

Quote:
gollum vs. mini-me
Do you know how awful that would be?!?! Mini-me would give gollum "the finger," which gollum would promptly bite off!! The press and sensors would have a field day!!

okay, yes. I have a sick and strange mind. But I'm proud of that.
MAEG
Old 05-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #36
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Denethor vs. Fëanor

Denethor *with a flamethrower*: Do you have any idea how many people I have flamed to death over the years?
Fëanor: *confused stare*
Denethor: I mean, look at you! You don't even have a name tag. You don't stand a chance. Why don't you just fall down?
*Fëanor lies down*

Think Austin Powers... Or rather Nigel Powers...
Old 05-13-2004, 07:11 AM   #37
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
And nobody'd be able to write about Feanor's psirit leaving his body in fire...they'd think it was just the flamethrower.

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #38
samwise8504
Animated Skeleton

Sting

what about

Boromir vs Imrahil
eru vs everyone
huan vs beorn
Old 05-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #39
High King Fingolfin
Shade of Carn Dûm

High King Fingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Eru could easily kick everyone's collective butts. He made everything, and he can unmake everything.
Huan could beat Beorn. Even though Beorn could call other bears for help, Huan beat Draugluin and Carcharoth, not to mention Sauron in wolf form. He was the Wolfhound of the Valar for Eru's sake! He could so kill a bunch of bears.
For Boromir against Imrahil I'd have to call it a tie.

Here's an interesting one: Gandalf vs. Gothmog (and I mean the Balrog, not the weak little tumorous Orc general. )
Old 05-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #40
samwise8504
Animated Skeleton

Here's an interesting one: Gandalf vs. Gothmog (and I mean the Balrog, not the weak little tumorous Orc general. )[/QUOTE]

depends if gandalf use's his true power if he doesn't gothmog will probably win and i agree with huan and beorn but i imagine it will be an extremely brutal battle.

heres some more

the ents vs the mumakil
celegorm and curufin vs elladan and elrohir
ungoliant vs orome