The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Ardamir the Blessed
Animated Skeleton

Ardamir the Blessed has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ardamir the Blessed Send a message via Yahoo to Ardamir the Blessed
Contents of Mallorn, Mythlore and Beyond Bree journals

Can anyone provide a complete (or at least partial) listing of the contents of all issues of the Mallorn, Mythlore and Beyond Bree journals?

The contents are not listed at www.tolkiensociety.org, www.mythsoc.org and www.cep.unt.edu/bree.html respectively, and I have contacted each organisation, but they told me that they do not have such a list at present.
Ardamir the Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:05 AM   #2
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Did you ask for the back copy list of Mallorn, which are available for purchase?. I am sure there are spare copies.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:10 AM   #3
Ardamir the Blessed
Animated Skeleton

Send a message via AIM to Ardamir the Blessed Send a message via Yahoo to Ardamir the Blessed
The Tolkien Society told me that the Mallorn Index has been out of print for some time.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #4
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmmm, could be a tall order. Though some Googling might turn something up...

You could try Marquette University for further info; their Tolkien collection includes journals and is online here.

Found this online access to Tolkien Studies, which, if it will let you on, may also be of interest.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
There are several databases of scholarly journals and the articles therein. If you have access to a university library, they will be able to help you get in to a database.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
Ardamir the Blessed
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
Though some Googling might turn something up...
Yes, I have managed to find the titles of some articles and in which issue they are through Google.

Quote:
You could try Marquette University for further info; their Tolkien collection includes journals and is online here.
Thank you for the advice, there are indeed some articles listed on their pages.

Quote:
Found this online access to Tolkien Studies, which, if it will let you on, may also be of interest.
I have downloaded Tolkien Studies Volume 1, and might order Volume 2 unless I get access to it through my university library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
If you have access to a university library, they will be able to help you get in to a database.
Good idea, I will ask my university library about getting access to Project MUSE.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Janet Brennan Croft
Newly Deceased

Janet Brennan Croft has just left Hobbiton.
Mythlore Archives

A little bit later in the Summer of 2012 -- possibly to coincide with Mythcon -- we will be releasing an electronic version of our Mythlore Plus Index, which includes Mythlore, Tolkien Journal, Mythcon conference paper collections, and essay collections from the Mythopoeic Press. If you go to the Store section of www.mythsoc.org, each issue you click on will show you the table of contents.
Janet Brennan Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
Ardamir the Blessed
Animated Skeleton

The contents of some early issues of Amon Hen can be found here. I can't find publications such as Mallorn, Mythlore or Beyond Bree though.