The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Favourite Scene

What was your #1 favorite scene out of all three movies?
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pretty sure that there is a thread about that aroudn here already, but I'll go ahead and answer yours.

Personally I always liked the beacons scene most, the music and the pictures go together great and the whole symblism of hope being rekindled is great. I actually think that by replacing the beacon hills with beacon mountains makes it even better, although I must admit that it makes little sense to make beacons on those high mountains instead of the hills.

Anyway, closely behind this would be the charge of the Rohirrim in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and their charge at Helm's Deep.

Number three probably is the scene of Sam carrying Frodo up on Mount Doom with the flute music from "The Black Gate" (starts there at 1:00) in the background.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
How would you define what a scene is? Can I take the concluding five minutes from Helms Deep - say the section with the massive Rohirrim charge down the hill combined with the Ents destroying Isengard and Theoden and Aragorn charging down the causeway? Is that one scene? Or is it three?

My answer would depend on how you define what a scene is.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
The very intro of Fellowship--Kate Blanchett did a good job in relating the history of the Ring, and I fancy that the sadness and beauty of the Elves is perceived by a true Tolkien fan there.

And then there's the deleted scene in Two Towers, the one in Faramir's recollection after the capture of Frodo and Sam and just before Gollum's, where Denethor first appears. The acting was superb! Boromir exactly as the warrior-leader who relies on Faramir, the lore-man, for his speech, and keeping the speech short so they can drink more, ah hell perfect, just as I imagined in the Tolkien-dedicated corner of my brain. And then Denethor comes around, and the boys say something like "why's he here?" in the classic boy talk about their dad. Denethor makes no secret of his dislike for Faramir, like the Denethor in the book. Perfect Denethor portrayal if you ask me!

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Where to begin?

Ah yes, Concerning Hobbits! (it's in the EE of FotR) and I love the 111 birthday party scene! I love the scene in TTT where Sam first says "By Rights We Shouldn't even be here" (when Frodo and Samwise are in Osgiliath... always makes me laugh!) But then Sam said the beautiful chunk of line that Sean Astin says most wonderfully! Then there is the Charge of the Rohirrim and the Battle of the Pellenor fields, also the struggle up Mt. Doom and the Gray Havens. To make me laugh there is Merry and Pippin's crazy songs (one in the EE of FotR and the other in the beginning of RotK)....
There is so many!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

My favorite scene is when Boromir attempts to take the Ring. Boromir's Last Stand is also my favorite.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Charge of the Rohirrim at the Battle of the Pelennor!

OR

The lighting of the Beacons! (though there were too many)

OR

The part where Frodo and Sam are lying on the side of Mount Doom (before they have destroyed the Ring) and the flaming rocks are falling through the sky and James Galway is doing his flute thing. I like that part.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Pretty sure that there is a thread about that aroudn here already, but I'll go ahead and answer yours.

Personally I always liked the beacons scene most, the music and the pictures go together great and the whole symblism of hope being rekindled is great. I actually think that by replacing the beacon hills with beacon mountains makes it even better, although I must admit that it makes little sense to make beacons on those high mountains instead of the hills.

Anyway, closely behind this would be the charge of the Rohirrim in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and their charge at Helm's Deep.

Number three probably is the scene of Sam carrying Frodo up on Mount Doom with the flute music from "The Black Gate" (starts there at 1:00) in the background.
HA! Same exact three scenes, and I posted without reading yours. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #9
zxcvbn
Wight

zxcvbn has just left Hobbiton.
Theoden's battle speech and the charge of the Rohirrim on the Pelennor Fields. That scene almost had me moved to tears.
zxcvbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Yeah, the Charge of the Pelennor is also my favorite scene. I teared up a few times.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #11
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

I might as well have an answer for my own thread....

I love (even though it never happened in the books) the scene of the elves marching into Helm's Deep. I love that, its so powerful and makes you feel like saying "Yeah, Uruk-Hai! What now? Byaaah!"

The charge of the Rohirrim is a given. That is probably the defining scene of ROTK. And I love it when the last army stands before the Black Gate, which opens and out pours the army of Mordor with Barad-Dur watching in the distance. That scene is so well done.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You know...I can't really say which is my favorite scene. There are so many...and I never thought about having a favorite scene. But...the Mount Doom scene where Frodo claims the Ring for himself is pretty stirring and I think very well done. I don't like Frodo falling off over the edge, but eh well.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
In all the ovies, all the scenes are good (but I would have liked to see some TOm Bombbadil). THey are great movies, but I think the scene where gandalf comes with Eomer is quite nice (though not described like that in the book. I like all the extra Gandalf bits for some reason). THe Pellenor fields are good, annd I like the part where Sam carries Frodo up the mountain.

The most amusing scenes are in EE, especially the drinking game and the Aragorn/Eowyn thing with the stew

Last edited by Eönwë; 01-10-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #14
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Ah yes, Concerning Hobbits! (it's in the EE of FotR) and I love the 111 birthday party scene!
Right on TGEW! I love that scene with Bilbo writing his story, and when Gandalf makes his entrance.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #15
Nazgûl-king
Wight

Nazgûl-king has just left Hobbiton.
My favorite scenes from the movies (if I had to pick one from each) are as follows:

From The Fellowship of the Ring:
The whole discussion between Frodo and Gandalf while in Moria

From The Two Towers:
Sam's speech about The Tales that really mattered,

From The Return of the King:
The coronation scene, where Aragorn is crowned king
Nazgûl-king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #16
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
And then there's the deleted scene in Two Towers, the one in Faramir's recollection after the capture of Frodo and Sam and just before Gollum's, where Denethor first appears. The acting was superb! Boromir exactly as the warrior-leader who relies on Faramir, the lore-man, for his speech, and keeping the speech short so they can drink more, ah hell perfect, just as I imagined in the Tolkien-dedicated corner of my brain.
Ahhh, you stole mine! That was absolutely my favorite scene in any of the films, since I'm a Gondor junkie. The irony! The passion! The Bor-Far love!

In with a close second is the scene where Denethor orders Faramir off to retake Osgiliath: "You wish now that our places had been exchanged. That I had died, and Boromir had lived." "Yes... yes, I do wish that." It's terribly, horribly skewed from the original scene in the book... but all the same I cried.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #17
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Hmmmm, preciouses, wethinks maybe...

1) Boromir's ultimately rocking speech in EE TTT
-well, no, Middle Earth doesn't rock, it simply isn't on that scale.

2) something like a tie among Boromir's last stand and his speech at the Council of Elrond and collectively the Isengard scenes (the hammers and fires and armies! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)

3) (What an excuse to watch the films again!) the exchange of catapult and trebuchet missiles in the ROTK

4) The battle at Mt. Doom (I know he was hardly there, but Gil-Galad ruled!)

5) a tie between the Ride of the Rohirrim at Pelenor Fields (shivers down the spine when they all roared "Death"!) and Theoden's realizing that it might be cool if he rode out with about 5 other guys when the gate broke in. Then he charged forth, horn blowing, Howard Shore's awesome music playing, and finally wearing that sweet horse helm.

P. S.

Some one above mentioned the Elves marching into Helm's Deep.
One time I saw it, it was great. Wonderful music.
Another time I watched it, I thought of nuns processing into a Chapel (excuse the bows), I mean, many of the elves in the movies resembled women, and those particular elves wore the cloaks and was kind of dark (understand?).
Old 05-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #18
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

From Fellowship, my favorite is probably "Concerning Hobbits". The Shire looks exactly the way I'd imagined it would, and that whole section perfectly captures the spirit of the Hobbits.

My favorite in TTT is from the extended edition, and a scene that I think really belonged in the theatrical release. I'm referring, of course, to the backstory bit with Faramir, Boromir, and Denethor. It explained Faramir's motivation to the audience, and made him much more sympathetic.

My ROTK favorites are tied.

I love the beacons. The pairing of the music with the images is just extraordinarily beautiful. I just can't think too hard about it, since around the 5th time I went to see the movie, I started wondering about how, exactly, all those people got up there in the first place. But seriously, it's a very moving sequence, and visually stunning.

My other favorite is Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom, and the scene leading up to that. Seriously, that music starts, and I start crying. Such a powerful sequence.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #19
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
How can so many of you guys like "Sam carrying Frodo up the Mtn." scene?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #20
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Surprisingly, I like the ending credits of RotK, with Alan Lee's drawings of each main cast member and the haunting Into the West by Annie Lennox as aural accompaniment.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 AM   #21
tfjmdb19152
Newly Deceased

tfjmdb19152 has just left Hobbiton.
Hi I just joined. I'v read The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and The Silmarillion and seen all the movies. These are my favorite scenes:

When Arwen and the ringwraiths crossing the ford at Rivendell.

The wood elves traveling to the Greyhavens.

When Haldir and the elves arrive at Helms Deep.

The charge of the rohirim.

When the eagels arrive at Black Gate.

When Gandalf, Gwaihir, Landroval and Meneldor saved Frodo and Sam

Sorry for any spelling errors I'm only 13.
tfjmdb19152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:37 AM   #22
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I never find it easy to say what my favourite anything is, book, film, scene, whatever.

So I'll just mention one which I'm surprised hasn't appeared on this thread yet:

–the Balrog scene in Moria. The creature doesn't look like the one in the book, but it's a great monster, anyway. And I like the lead-up to it– you know, where the Orcs surrounding the Fellowship hear the Balrog coming and suddenly melt away?

(Admittedly, I could have done without the dopey dwarf-tossing joke a bit later.)

Also, I like the battles in general and just about anything featuring those spectacular rapid camera-sweeps.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #23
tfjmdb19152
Newly Deceased

tfjmdb19152 has just left Hobbiton.
Forgot about the balrog scene. I also liked the lead up, battle and escape. I always like it when the camera follows the arrows.
tfjmdb19152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:45 AM   #24
DuncanIdaho
Newly Deceased

DuncanIdaho has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post

This is my answer.
DuncanIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
Peregrin Took
Animated Skeleton

Peregrin Took has just left Hobbiton.
Pippin saying "The Eagles are coming!" in the midst of battle! A great tribute to Pippin's thoughts in the book.
Peregrin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #26
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

I love all of Moria. I love the beacons. I love the flash-forward to a grieving Arwen. I love it when the Uruk-hai attack at Amon Hen, and the remaining Fellowship members go to town on them. I love Eomer & Gandalf arriving at Helm's Deep (OK, so it wasn't like that in the book, but yeah). I love the Elves lamenting Gandalf.

I could list a whole lot more, but if I were to concentrate and genuinely try to tell you what's my number one, it would probably be Moria, all things considered. It's haunting, brutal, and accompanied by an amazing score.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
Peregrin Took
Animated Skeleton

Peregrin Took has just left Hobbiton.
Moria truly is an epic in itself. It's hard to pick just one favorite scene...there are so many...
Peregrin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #28
Shards of Narsil
Animated Skeleton

Shards of Narsil has just left Hobbiton.
There are so many good scenes, which to choose...

Yes, it is difficult to pick since there are so many scenes that evoke so many different reactions. I try an think back to the first time that I saw each movie in the theatre, and I remember one instance where they showed the first scene of the Rivendell valley and I burst out "that's exactly how I imagined it in the books", so that is one of my favorite scenes for scenery (funny!).

The charge of the Rohirrim is definitely pretty good.

I also enjoyed the lighting of the beacons.

One scene that I don't think was previously mentioned was the attack of the Ents. I found it quite moving as Treebeard laments the fact that this would be the last battle of the Ents as they march to their doom.
Shards of Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #29
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards of Narsil View Post
One scene that I don't think was previously mentioned was the attack of the Ents. I found it quite moving as Treebeard laments the fact that this would be the last battle of the Ents as they march to their doom.
I can't read that part of TTT without hearing Treebeard talking and the music in the backround for that scene...
Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #30
Lothriel
Newly Deceased

Lothriel has just left Hobbiton.
I must admit that one of the scenes that stuck most in my mind was from TTT, when Gandalf and the Balrog are fighting and they both plummet into a huge cavern full of stalagmites (sp?) and the camera pulls back so that all you can see is the spiralling ball of smoke and flame of the Balrog, with the gleaming silver of Gandalf attatched, and their falling like a blazing star down into the deeps, illuminating the cavern as they fall and their reflection glimmering on the water below.

It's just such a wonderfully realised scene with some utterly fantastic CG effects.

Same can be said when Gandalf appears over the ridge near Helms Deep as the light of morning appears behind him. And then they all ride down into the black mass of Sarumans army and the dawn blazes behind them and Gandalf on Shadowfax dives into the sea of the enemy like a white spear.
Lothriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #31
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm slightly surprised no-one has yet mentioned my favourite scene. That would be the Hobbits escaping the Black Riders in the Shire. When they escape and reach the barge, and look back at the Rider who was chasing them. Scariest moment, I reckon. At this stage it's not about some evil guy looking to do battle and conquer the world; it's simply mysterious terror.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I'm slightly surprised no-one has yet mentioned my favourite scene. That would be the Hobbits escaping the Black Riders in the Shire. When they escape and reach the barge, and look back at the Rider who was chasing them. Scariest moment, I reckon. At this stage it's not about some evil guy looking to do battle and conquer the world; it's simply mysterious terror.
I agree. I think that this scene really helped scare the viewers, and in a good way. It helped the Ring-wraiths seem so much more real and deadly, and when they reach the barge and look back I'm always just glad that the hobbits are safe... for a short while

An intense scene, one that helps bring what the hobbits were feeling then to the viewers, and does a good job of it.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #33
Babidi Buu
Wight

Babidi Buu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Babidi Buu
there are many scenes i like in the Movies, Favorites are..

1: The dragon Firework!
2: When the ents attack Isengard, like treebeard said: A wizard should know better!
3: When the uruks blow up the wall of helms deep. Theoden spoke to soon "Is this all you can conjure Sauruman?"
4: Gothmog sidesteps that big rock.
5: Witch-kings makes his sword all fiery.

Overall, It's kinda hard to choose. Probably when Gothmog side-steps.
Babidi Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #34
Diane C
Pile O'Bones

Diane C has just left Hobbiton.
As this will be my first post on this wonderful site my favourites would probably be seen as being a bit boring to some of the old pros on here, but here goes anyway.

The Mines Of Moria. Gandalf has just finished talking to Frodo about Gollum, pity and the fate of the Ring. Gandalf then leads the Party into the magnificent realm of the Dwarrowdelf, coupled with that really quite stirring & powerful score by Shore sent shivers down my spine.

I also loved the scene at the Council of Elrond in FOTR, where Legolas makes it known the true lineage of "Strider" as the "Heir of Gondor" and how Frodo is taken totally by surprised that this ranger of the North is the King of Condor in waiting!

Boromir, and his defence of Merry & Pippin at Amon Hen, and his death scene with Aragorn and the seminal "my brother, my captain my king!"

The lighting of the Beacons, of course.

The arrival of Gandalf "from the East on the 5th day at sunrise" at Helm's Deep and the subsequent charge down the hill of the Rohirrim

Gollum arguing with Smeagal

and after being crowned King of Condor Aragorn saying to the Hobbits, "you bow to no one!" (Slushy I know but perfect for me)
Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #35
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My favorite scene was Boromir's magnificent and selfless stand at Amon Hen. As the music rises and he tells the hobbits to "Run! Run!" it almost puts a lump in the throat.

Almost.

Last edited by Andsigil; 09-25-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Andsigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #36
fenris1011
Pile O'Bones

fenris1011 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to fenris1011 Send a message via Yahoo to fenris1011
By far the charge of the Rohirrim in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

I get a chill every time I watch that scene.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #37
thewichtking
Animated Skeleton

thewichtking is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
1420!

i think mine is where the witch king is getting his Armour on while Gandolf is talking
to pipin it is cool how he pulls on his glove man it's awesome
thewichtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #38
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
As its been said many times before: I also like the lighting of the beacons for the same reasons.

As for scenes I like:
Part of me truly wants to like the little Houses of Healing scenes thrown into the EE of Return of the King. Really truly wants to because that chapter and 'The Steward and the King' are my favorite chapters in the books. But in the movie its just so short and kind of, well, yeah. I do like in the commentary when Karl Urban said he needed to be beside Eowyn in the scene where she is healed. At least I think he said it. I should rewatch them.

I do like the charging of Osgiliath though. I like the interplay of the song and how it sounds right and pretty much a lot of things about it. I thought it was well done and very well acted.

Not sure which other scenes I like. I do like the way Moria looks when they are trying to escape and I have a thing for the Rohirrim but not sure if I would call them favorite scenes.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #39
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
As for scenes I like:
Part of me truly wants to like the little Houses of Healing scenes thrown into the EE of Return of the King. Really truly wants to because that chapter and 'The Steward and the King' are my favorite chapters in the books. But in the movie its just so short and kind of, well, yeah. I do like in the commentary when Karl Urban said he needed to be beside Eowyn in the scene where she is healed. At least I think he said it. I should rewatch them.
I remember that the first time I saw that scene I thought, "Where's Merry!"
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #40
BGreg
Pile O'Bones

BGreg has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I also adore the Rohirrim charge scene. There's just something in Théoden's speech that makes you wanna get a horse and follow him to Death and Glory. All the Riders screaming "Death" in unison... Perfect scene.

Than there is one more scene I especially like. It's set in Lothlorien, when Boromir talks to Aragorn about the White City. This scene is absolutely fantastic and I think shows Boromir's true nature and value.
BGreg is offline   Reply With Quote