The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Anyone Spot PJ in TTT?

During the battle at Helm's Deep, I thought I spotted a furry faced chubby man who looked awfuly familliar. I was wondering if anyone else saw PJ among the Rohirrim. <p>[ January 11, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]
Old 12-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #2
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I heard someone on the Downs say that he was one of the Dunlendings, but I did not see him myself.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:01 AM   #3
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

its possible he made an appearance in TTT because he also made an appearance as an inhabitant of bree in FOTR.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:13 AM   #4
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Shield

I just saw this on imdb.com in the trivia section:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Director Cameo: [Peter Jackson] In the tower at Helm's Deep throwing a spear.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-22-2002, 12:15 AM   #5
Iarwain

Boots

I knew it!<P>Thanks, Diamond!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:27 AM   #6
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dűm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Knew it! He throws that spear when the orcs are rushing the gate. Didn't recognize him until now.<p>[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: -Imrahil- ]
Old 12-22-2002, 01:44 PM   #7
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

Uh huh, I'll have to look for it...Someone was complaining because they thought it was so obvious, I don't know what they were looking at
Old 12-22-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I also saw him at Helm's Deep!!! I leaned over and told my friend, "Look that was Peter Jackson!!" He was so easy to spot.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:32 PM   #9
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wehey! It's time for some Peter-searching... In a tower at Helm's deep, you say? Could someone plese help stupid ol' me, and tell me when exactly he can be seen...? After/before what?
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:19 PM   #10
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I didn't notice him and I was looking for him too! I noticed his kids in the caves at Helm's Deep though. (with their hair dyed blonde! Aren't they just gorgeous??) I heard a rumor that PJ's wife makes a cameo in most of his movies, does anyone know if she was in FOTR or TTT?<P>(BTW, I saw TTT again today and enjoyed it even more... There is so much to it... Amazing effort by PJ!)
Old 12-22-2002, 11:39 PM   #11
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

Was PJ in FOTR too? If he was can any of you tell me where he was spotted please
Old 12-23-2002, 01:44 AM   #12
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OneRing.net said this:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>PJ Cameos<BR>Look out for two quick appearances by Peter Jackson in TTT. One is amongst<BR>the crowd of wild men, as they run towards the camera after Saruman's pep<BR>talk; the other is on the wall of Helm's Deep. Nikolaj writes: "As the<BR>Uruk-Hais are trying to batter down the gate to the castle, the defenders<BR>open some sort of shutters and hurl rocks at the attackers.PJ is one of the<BR>rock-hurlers. You see him briefly. He is carrying a piece chain armor not<BR>only covering the body but also with a kind of hood." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Did anyone see those?<P>sharon
Old 12-23-2002, 11:01 AM   #13
Pukel-Man
Haunting Spirit

Pukel-Man has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I was too annoyed to notice the first time arround. I'll have to look next time I see TTT.
This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock!-Mayor Vaughn
Pukel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:52 AM   #14
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Was PJ in FOTR too? If he was can any of you tell me where he was spotted please<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I can tell you. <P>When the hobbits are scuttling down the dark, rainy street towards the Prancing Pony, Peter Jackson can be seen. He is one of the men. The camera shows him as the hobbits are passing by. He is eating a carrot, and he burps.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:20 PM   #15
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

Really? Thank you very much I'am going to go watch it now!
Old 12-23-2002, 02:56 PM   #16
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

I finally saw him after the third time of searching. Kind of hard to spot him without bare feet and glasses, huh? I don't know what his kids look like, but I want to see them too. Anyone have a description for me? If he has a daughter and she's the little one with big brown eyes they keep doing close ups of, he's the luckiest guy in the world! She's adorable!
Old 12-28-2002, 05:45 AM   #17
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gee, ma! Say it isn't so! I'm sure you guys are right about PJ being in TTT, but I wish that he wasn't. A cameo as one character is okay, but when he starts popping up everywhere, it's obvious he doesn't care as much as he says he does about the integrity of the story. I was infuriated to see those lovable hobbit-children recast as kids in the Caves of Aglarond. They stand out so much, I think it's insulting for the moviemakers to think noone would notice. I'm pretty sure there's a Maori guy with long black hair who is in both Rohan and Ithilien, too.<P>Continuity errors like Aragorn's sword in FOTR are one thing, purposely casting people in two different roles that close to the camera is just ridiculous. Errors of judgment like that fly in the face of all the other hard work that was put into the movies.
Old 12-28-2002, 06:36 AM   #18
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

But PJ has always showed up in evry movie he has made! He got that from Hitchkock who did the same thing in his movies.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:09 AM   #19
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I spotted his children more easily than him. That little girl has eyes so big I'm surprised she's not related to Gollum. I would presume they're wearing wigs though, it would take a particularly disturbed parent to bleach their own child's hair!<BR>Anyway trying to find PJ is just an excellent excuse to go and watch it again. I see the mistakes, in fact they made me a tad on the cross side then I thought **** it, it's got to be better than anything else I've seen in years, and it is. Heigho.<BR>Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-28-2002, 05:05 PM   #20
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Here is a page with pictures of the various <A HREF="http://www.herr-der-ringe-movie.de/news-details172.htm" TARGET=_blank>TTT cameos</A>, including the children of Peter Jackson, of Philippa Boyens and of Viggo Mortensen.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 06:45 PM   #21
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thanks for the link, Estelyn! I didn't know those were Peter Jackson's kids! They're <I>so</I> cute! My friend and I went to see the movie together, and whenever the kids showed up on screen we'd go "Awwww!" <BR>All those kids are so lucky to be in that movie.... *Just a <I>tad</I> jealous.*
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 08:56 PM   #22
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heh, I too was offended by the cute big-eyed hobbits also starring as the cute big-eyed children. Makes more sense now that you lovely people have enlightened me, but when you don't know they're his kids you assume they were just too lazy to get different kids.
Alex Chamois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:04 PM   #23
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I only spotted him once<P>I do not think that it is bad that he had his kids, because do you think that maybe they were a little older when they filmed this part, than when they first filmed the Hobbiton scenes
Old 12-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #24
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Sting

I also saw his two youngins, in the caves of helms deep, the look a bit different becouse they have blonde hair but i could sware its them, you cant miss those big ole cute eyes

Glen Sight
Guildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #25
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i knew that random carrot guy was a bit too randow (i mean there's a random guy doing his favorite passtime- eating carrots in the pouring rain in a muddy street just a tad out of place ) that is so funny though my face hurts now. heehee <P>diamond could you post a link, i can't seem to find my way around that site <p>[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]
Old 12-30-2002, 06:52 PM   #26
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

<A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0167261" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is the TTT trivia page on <A HREF="http://imdb.com" TARGET=_blank>IMDb.com</A>.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:11 AM   #27
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I do not think that it is bad that he had his kids, because do you think that maybe they were a little older when they filmed this part, than when they first filmed the Hobbiton scenes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'd have to say you have a good point here... <B>IF</B> in Middle-Earth Hobbit children in The Shire somehow grow up to be Men-children in Rohan. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that just because something is in the book doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed - but let's try to be realistic!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But PJ has always showed up in evry movie he has made! He got that from Hitchkock who did the same thing in his movies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah, and Quentin Tarantino did that a lot too, despite being a terrible actor! However, I don't think either of these two would have appeared in the same story as two different characters (although maybe someone out there knows of such a case?). I have never talked to PJ, but I've formed an impression of him being a really friendly, nice and down-to-earth person. I think, however, he has let his ego get away from him this time, and should've been content as a Dunlending.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:33 PM   #28
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

I like the fact that he always plays an insignificant character in in the movies, someone that doesnt realy matter, it shows he cares more about the movie than his own fame, yet still giving them his custom signiture. <P>If any one has ever seen Heavenly Creatures he has a little 2 second shot where he is a bum, i thought that was a cool fact to add.

Glen Sight
Guildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #29
pherostien
Animated Skeleton

pherostien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought I saw him. I thought that he threw a rock not a spear. my friends didn't see him.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:25 PM   #30
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Thumbs up

I didn't see him at Helm's Deep, but here he is with the wild men: (the one on the immediate left of Saruman I believe)<P>
Old 01-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #31
Ringfenwen
Pile O'Bones

Ringfenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Can i just ask, i can't read german, and can't work out who's son the kid who plays Haleth is, any1 know?<P>Viggo's son looks so different here, I've seen pics of him on the fotr extended edition, but he's always looked older and chubbier, it was quite a surprise to find out who he was!
Old 01-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #32
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

COOL! I'll have to go and see TTT again now! I'll watch FotR tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #33
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

The young actor who plays Haleth is the son of Philippa Boyens, who wrote the script with Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #34
PeregrinTook
Animated Skeleton

PeregrinTook has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw PJ and his kids the second time I saw the movie! I wasn't paying attention the first time: I just wanted to enjoy it.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #35
thunder_goddess
Pile O'Bones

thunder_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to thunder_goddess Send a message via AIM to thunder_goddess
Sting

I heard that Peter Jackson had his kids chase Gandalf for fireworks in FoTr, but i've also heard that that's not true. Can somebody clear this up for me?????<P>------------------------------<P>"Help me master, I'm drownded." ~ Samwise
thunder_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #36
thunder_goddess
Pile O'Bones

thunder_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to thunder_goddess Send a message via AIM to thunder_goddess
Sting

woops, never mind i got it
thunder_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:35 PM   #37
Annúntindomeiel
Pile O'Bones

Annúntindomeiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Where is PJ in the FotR?
Old 02-01-2003, 01:09 PM   #38
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

In TTT during the Helm's deep battle, there's a close-up of PJ lifting a hatched door, then throwing a spear. It's towards the latter half of the battle. I finally saw it while watching the film for the third time.<P>In FOTR, he's in Bree eating a carrot - then he burps. It's right after they walk in through the gate.<p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Pookabunny ]
Old 02-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #39
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Where is PJ in the FotR? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>As the hobbits walk through Bree, he's disheveled man with the carrot.<P>"What's up doc?"<P>I believe a number of the hobbit kids were kids of production people.<P>H.C.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:33 PM   #40
Iarwain

Boots

Next time I see TTT I'll have to look for Alan Lee in the Armory room. I never noticed him!