User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2003, 07:55 AM   #481
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If no one objects... then I'll be the Game-master/owner of sorts. I hope Gilthalion will understand.

I am presently experiencing some difficulties with my browser... I can't post at the Mirkwood RPG, I can't locate some things in the forums!!! It may be my browser...I'll have to check.

Please give me at least 5 days... I plan to format my PC. My apologies for this delay [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 02:06 PM   #482
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I will await the success of your reformat!

Once done, we do need to discuss this item from the previous page of the discussion:

Quote:
2.) The players and the Game owner need to discuss both an end date for the game, and a reachable end goal which will signal the game's end. This is a requirement for all games in the Shire.
You should also be receiving a PM or comments on this thread from Belin, who will be doing much of the overseeing of the finish to this fine story. Until then, you can, of course, contact me.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-17-2003, 07:39 PM   #483
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

I'm still here, just waiting for somebody to post. I'll be fine with nearly any end date if I have a happy ending on my part anyways...
Old 02-19-2003, 03:47 AM   #484
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Im with Amaryllis. As long as my character is reasonably resolved. That probably means that Rud and co will have to get going to Dol Goldur. Cant wait!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 02-23-2003, 07:22 AM   #485
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Piosenniel,
Sorry for the delay. I couldn’t reformat my harddisk because a lot of things don’t have back-up… and I’m too lazy to back-up every single data. So wish me luck with my seemingly forever battle with the internet and my PC.

Quote:
Regarding the second requirement of the Shire:
2.) The players and the Game owner need to discuss both an end date for the game, and a reachable end goal which will signal the game's end. This is a requirement for all games in the Shire.
When the mystery of Dol Guldor has been revealed and Thranduil has been told of the real danger to his kingdom shall the story end. I’ve mentioned before that the setting of this story was before the War of the Ring… when Sauron was thought to have dwelt in the Hill of Sorcery. It turned out of course that it was one of the Nazguls who was doing his Master’s bidding. This is vital! The Elvenking needs to be aware of the true dangers!

Hmmmm… I seem to recall a dwarf was tortured before being killed there. I have to get back on that… I can’t recall which dwarf. I know it had something to do with one of the dwarven rings, or such. Who knows? Eh? Even Gandalf was curious enough to have come to Dol Goldur secretly to find out the truth… so who knows? Also, the knowledge the Elvenking finds here will trigger his alliance with Celeborn after the War of the Ring.

This was one reason why it was with some regret that the two players (one dwarf and hobbit) never really got into the game. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

TO THE FOLKS OF MIRKWOOD

with this rough outline… let the journey continue then![/b]

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 02-23-2003, 12:16 PM   #486
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Quote:
When the mystery of Dol Guldor has been revealed and Thranduil has been told of the real danger to his kingdom shall the story end.
Pursuing this end goal:

How close is the story to reaching it?
Are you half way there? More or less?

Also, now that the end goal is known, I need to get some realistic consensus from the players on how long it will take to complete this Game.

Is 3 months a realistic goal? Or can it be done sooner?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #487
Dark-Caranthir
Haunting Spirit

Dark-Caranthir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm back!

I'm perfectly happy with, Thalionyulma as the "GAME MASTER", that has a nice ring to it.

The Dwarf that was tortured was Thorin's father, wasn't it. Gandalf got the key to the Lonely Mountain, and a map from him.

I'm happy with a 3 month end-date, so long as Morno gets the chance to wake up, go out and kill some orcs.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #488
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Taralphiel, Fair Amaryllis, Dark-Caranthir

Can one of you please kick-start the story back to life?

I'll put down May 31st (of this year [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) as the end date.

Please keep the story moving forward. I will be chiecking in with you all. ~~~ Pio
Old 02-24-2003, 03:57 PM   #489
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I am fine with the end date and I tried to add a bit to make the action continue. Now all we need is for everybody else to start posting again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST!!
Old 02-26-2003, 04:28 AM   #490
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

woo woo!
Im ready!
WB D_C, Amyrallis, Thali. Cant wait for your posts.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #491
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Can you two carry the story for a while?

And if you would - PM the others and remind them that the Game is on the road again.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:37 AM   #492
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please note: If at any time there are no posts to the Game for a 2 week period, I will take that as disinterest in the Game, and will move the RPG to Elvenhome.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #493
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey!!! I finally got to post!!! BD isn't keeping me out after all... hehehehe! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Now, I have to figure out why... and how the heck to prevent it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Taralphiel,
darn it girl... you really keep me on my toes! *lol*
I wasn't planning on having Muru discover Rudh's group just yet. And besides, I thought Taralphiel was just discovering her talents. Oh well, it makes an interesting twist to the story... shall we move forward now? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

hmmmm... got to work out with that one. Have to let the bad guys look menacing-like now.

I have a couple of questions and need your opinions on them:
1.) Could Muru communicate with the 3 Nazguls in Dol Goldur?
2.) Muru's powers come from within the Hill of Sorcery... ultimately from Sauron. Would this mean that she was a subordinate of the Nazguls or rank almost equal to them?

I don't want these characters/villains to become super strong... just ME realistic like, that's why I need some opinions here people!

I'll be posting again this weekend... hope to see you all awake by then! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 07:37 AM   #494
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Glad to see someones moving *giggles*
Well, I think Muru's evil and ancient enough to be on par with the nazgul
If my memory serves, Gandalf, Galadriel and others storm Dol Goldur right? Do we prequel that, or get caught up in it and watch them? That would be cool! But for now, lets work on Muru, who I think is an awesome character btw [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Anyone else wanna have a try at her? Anarya? Khelek? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 08:42 AM   #495
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hi ya Tara
you got it... this RPG is a prequel. Dol Guldur is beseiged by Celeborn (and Galadriel?) and Thranduil. Mirkwood will be freed from all those nassssty creatures after the Fall of the Lord of the Ring.

But before that Thranduil needs to be told of the danger, right?

Quote:
NOTE: Remember our story begins before Frodo's quest, but after Bilbo gains the Ring.
BTW, where'd everybody else go?
Old 03-15-2003, 09:30 PM   #496
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

i'm still here just waiting around for some action
Old 03-16-2003, 05:22 AM   #497
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Amaryllis,
I'm waiting for input from Daegon or Sauche too. But why not jump in and post any time? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 09:36 PM   #498
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

i don't really have anything to post until everyone else decides what exactly we are doing
Old 03-17-2003, 04:05 AM   #499
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thats a bummer! I thik Thali and I have a similar problem with most of out company not posting (or maybe in GW's case not coming back, possibly [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) So what do we do?

Thali cannot possibly play all these characters. Ive PM'ed most of them and they are unresposive. Do you think putting words in their mouths, if you follow me, would work?
Old 03-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #500
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I think maybe if they don't come back, we should play them. There's not much else we can do. When we didn't have a deadline this would have been fine to just wait for. Now we actually have to move things along. Maybe we should give them a time limit to respond about their intentions.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #501
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Give me the names of those you wish contacted and I will PM them.

If they haven't responded to me in a week, then I would suggest you either carry their characters or eliminate them in some manner of your choosing.

Do any of you have other writer friends who might want to come onto the game to help you out?

~~~ Pio

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-18-2003, 01:50 AM   #502
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Although I dislike cutting them out of the story, Piosenniel's got a point. We can't wait for them since we now have a deadline.

Anarya's character has become crucial since she represents the Elvenking's realm. She alone in Rudh's company is actually from the northern kingdom. Any hopes of contacting her?

Khelek/Greatwarg's character has been putting a certain spice and flavor to the group. I'd hate to lose him too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

What happened to Sauche/Leighlei's character? She comes in sometimes - but is she interested. This character has alot of potential (and things she can really do!). Now that her group has been captured... what more can happen?

Mornovarion/Dark-Caranthir seems to be waiting for more inputs in his part of the story.... perhaps its due time that some things start to happen in Thranduil's kingdom? (Oh wait... that's my job! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Okay, ,okay, I'm posting! I'm posting!) But perhaps he needs to be PM'ed just as well.
And how about LuthienTinuviel/Tinuiel?

It seems these last two got stuck when Gilthalion had them stay put at the Elvenking's place. Maybe we should have some stuff start happening there.... hmmmm.

Okay, I'll go for whatever the rest of you people vote for. I hope though we can have fill-ins at least for the characters.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:53 AM   #503
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Ok, I posted.. Finally. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Also, this Nessamelda doesn't seem to get much of what's going on.. she has just signed up, and the first she does is writing a one-sentence, chat-style RP line.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, what're we doing next? I suppose the orcs who captured us will try to move back as fast as possible, eh? So we will get to Rudh & Co as soon as possible to get freed.. these orcs are scaring me.. 'specially that big one with the purple nose. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 04:44 AM   #504
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I just removed Nessamelda's post, leaving her instruction to read my PM to her.

Let me know if there are any further problems.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #505
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i am sooooooooooo sorry i haven't written in a while. hoo. its been a crazy year. but i promise i'll try my best to keep up with it better than before, will someone please give me a summary of whats happened since i left? i tried reading through it and got sorta lost
Old 03-26-2003, 02:53 PM   #506
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Woah, this RPG has been going a long time! It's been here since I started posting here. Howl ong is that now? I'm going to read this RPG when it's done, cause it must be good ^_^
Old 03-27-2003, 06:15 AM   #507
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Anarya!!! Welcome Back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Our group is now at the foot of Dol Guldur...unfortunately so is Wargarz's encampment. But we don't know exactly where the orc encampment is, nor does he know our location. Muru the vampire (a protegee of Thuringwethil, er, remember the vampire in Luthien and Beren's time?) knows of our presence through her minions (those doggone bats and other dark creatures of the undead... and Taralphiel has some skills of foresight and what I call "scrying" (sort of like a telepathic talent) which almost gets us in trouble. *catches breath*
Have you heard from the flea-bitten [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] hehehe- er, I mean from GreatWarg?

Gayahithwen!
Glad to know I didn't have to let loose the neon green, amorous orc (with the big purple nose) in Mirkwood! (though he was a bit disappointed his debut appearance was postponed! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 05:02 AM   #508
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Woowoo! *hugs Anarya welcome backness* we missed you!!

As for WB, we hafta keep PM'ing him. He said he wouldnt be on as often, but he didnt say never [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Im lookin forward to Dol Goldur *grins* but what about Gaya's party? Are they nearby now?
Old 04-01-2003, 04:56 AM   #509
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Tara, not yet... and not until I see the other memebers of Gaya's group posting.

Where are Sauche and Amaryllis?

Anarya,
er, you can start posting any time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mornovarion & Tinuiel, where are you???? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 05:57 AM   #510
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well, Ive tried to make things a tad more interesting [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hope it worls okay, if not, let me know.

So, just about the ending, will our charatcers witnes the seige of Dol Goldur, or will we just settle back in Mirkwood (or other place in Taralphiel's case) and wait?
Old 04-07-2003, 10:10 AM   #511
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Iarbarion

This is a well established Game, and it is taking on new players.

If you wish to join it, I would suggest you read the Game up to this point to get an understanding of what is going on. And also please be very familiar with the rules for posting in the Shire that are in The Red Book of West March.

Then you will need to decide on a character that will fit into the game well. Once you've done that, you can use this Shire form to develop your character:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

After that, please post your character description on this Discussion Thread for Thalionyulma, the Game Owner, to take a look at and decide if it is accepted into the game.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 04-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #512
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Iarbarion

If i could make a suggestion, you might be able to join up with the elves currently captured by the orcs. And if you are a male character, (and i know this makes me sound shallow but I am just trying to et some subplots going here) you could become a love interest and cause a love tri-angle, square, whatever and the girls could try to win your affection or whatnot. I am only writing down the first thing that comes to mind here so don't yell at me if it isn't what anybody wants to do....
Old 04-11-2003, 05:18 AM   #513
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

sounds okay to mt Amaryllis. I just want action and movement *goes fidgety* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 11, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 04-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #514
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mirkwood Folks!

Okay, since most of the characters seem to be waiting for each other to post, I’m dividing the group sub-plots and writing the outline…. NOW I HOPE THIS WILL HELP IN GETTING EVERYONE TO POST!!!!

Iarbarion,

you can choose to meet up with Gaya’s group and help in the retrieving of vital information from Dol Guldur….or pop in at Thranduil’s Kingdom where DarkCaranthir/Mornovarion & Tinuiel are. A few Tolkien characters will be there, e.g. Legolas, Thranduil and perhaps Gandalf. But no one is allowed to play those characters… they are “cameo” roles of sorts. I’ll be handling them should they appear (which is but a few times, for the story’s sake).

Gayahithwen & Daegon/Amaryllis/Sauche (hey, you’re still with us right?) & Rin’s, (phew!)

Your group is now on the way southward. Along the way you’ll be meeting several orc patrols that have slipped the Elvenking’s patrtrol. The group that has captured you is bringing you to Muru, as commanded by Warzgarz. They need to “interrogate” (okay that also means using torture!) to find out more of Thranduil’s defenses and army. Rinurion and Amaryllis maybe in great danger here, in that aspect since they are “close” to Thranduil.

Now it’s up to you guys to do some heroics here! If you reach Dol Guldur as captives, you might not get the chance to help save your precious Mirkwood. Find a way to get to Rudh’s group and team up to penetrate Warzgarz’s army, get the information about the upcoming war and bring it to Thranduil.

I’ll try to get a friend of mine to post as the orc characters… if not I got to think up something.
(Darn it how come there are so few who want to be villains?)

Anarya, Taralphiel, Khelek/GW & Rudh,,

WE are now near the foot of Dol Guldur. There will be some troubles coming up to delay a direct course there. It is of utmost importance that this group reach Dol Guldur and solve the mysteries surrounding the events that threaten the Northern realm. A few suprises may come up… perhaps a Tolkien character may appear. (Hmmmm, , a few nasties should be on the way too… spiders anyone? Or more trolls? Warg riders??? Ohhh and BATS! Hehehehe… decisions, decisions…)

I hope we get to team up with Gaya’s group soon enough.

Mornovarion & Tinuiel,

Muru will once again try to get a hold in some inhabitants of Mirkwood. She’ll keep sending her minions… a visitor may be due to come (a prequel to the War of the Rings perhaps?). It will be vital to get Thranduil in realizing this, plus trying to solve how it is being done and what can be a defensive solution (elven magic vs. the dark powers of Dol Guldur?). I really wish Tinuiel would get into the story once more, else Mornovarion is going to have a wild time doing it all in the Elvenking’s realm.

Hmmm… did I leave anything out?

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #515
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Hey hey hey now! Warg-riders? Against poor little me? Uh, Khelek, I mean. Oops, just jumping in, aren't I?

EVERYONE: Alright... first things first. I may pop in occasionaly to check in on the RPG and add a comment or two. If I disappear for long draughts, anyone in the little troupe can feel free to use Khelek.

Just a warning... I may not be back fully until June, when I shall haunt the Barrow-Downs as is my custom to do so during the summer months. So if I suddenly am posting like crazy, then you'll know I'm back.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:03 PM   #516
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Iarbarion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi,
I've had computer problems lately but I'll try to reply soon. I have to get off my computer right now but I will reply later. I would gladly meet up with the elves in Mirkwood but would need to read a tad bit more of the plot.

Iarbarion
"I grudge you nothing that I have. Yet I desire that none shall dwell beyond my walls who know the way hither; and if I trust you, my sister, others I trust less to keep guard on their tongues." -Turgon to Aredhel
Old 04-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #517
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OKay Folks,
My post was a bit short… my apologies. Very busy. An update at the Elvenking’s realm will be posted on my next visit… long overdue, I know. And it seems Mornovarion needs some help in that area too...

Oh… Welcome Back GW! BTW, the story is set to be finished by the end of May… so I hope you and Anarya can drop in from time to time. I’ll keep you both alive in the mean time! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Iarbarion,

No problem... just tell me when and where you plan to pop in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:14 PM   #518
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Thalionyulma: I read the last couple pages of the RPG and I believe that some of the elves are captured. I would like to play an elf. Maybe my character would be able to band together with other elves and help the captives escape? I'm not sure. Let me know and I will post a bio for my character.

Iarbarion
"I grudge you nothing that I have. Yet I desire that none shall dwell beyond my walls who know the way hither; and if I trust you, my sister, others I trust less to keep guard on their tongues." -Turgon to Aredhel
Old 04-21-2003, 09:35 PM   #519
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Ring

I'd also like to add (like Amaryllis said)that I would be happy to play a male character and maybe form some love triangles or whatever. This only comes though if it would be possible (I just thought of this) if my character could somehow help the captives escape and then go on with the company to Dol Guldur. Let me know and I will post a bio, as I've said before. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Iarbarion

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Iarbarion ]
Old 04-22-2003, 12:13 PM   #520
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

And so... another venturer joins the Quest... the Quest, not of the Ring, but the Quest... what was the Quest again?

I am greatly looking forward to your posts Iarbarion! And I anxiously await for the return of Anarya and others.

I can only manage very short posts until more people come in and inspire!