Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
Eye Kidnapped! Discussion

Amanduial the Archer invites you to play in Kidnapped!

Basic Storyline: A female elf from Lorien wanders from her home and is kidnapped
by a band of cruel wandering men. Our job will be to get her back.

Starting Location: Lothlorien

Likely destination: Probably back at the golden wood.

Timeframes:
This game falls within an early period in the third Age. The story itself or plot covers say a month at most methinks. It will
probably be more up to a couple of months, no longer.

Characters:
Main character types are ... elves I’m afraid.
Secondary character types likely are ... wild men
Character types which would not belong ... dwarves, hobbits, random people who
have no purpose except to flirt and be cute.

My Character:
Name: Nuhrive Fleetheart (said Nu- rie- vay)
Age: about teen years for an elf. Im not sure- whats 15 for elves?
Personality: Nuhrive is quite wild and stubborn. She dreams of adventure,
believing her home in the Golden Wood to be too sedate and wishes for more. Her
temper often gets the better of her, as she is quite defensive and willing to
hold her own; her parents are very rarely around as they are scouts for
Galadriel. She has her own secret world of wishes and dreams, making her quite
secretive, isolating her. Few are allowed into this world, but if you can enter,
she will stick by you no matter what. The only problem comes when she wishes to
carry out these dreams of adventure…
Appearance: Nuhrive is about 5”7 and quite slim. She has short blonde hair which
stops just above her chin, a small rebellion against the traditional long hair
of the elves. She wears the elegant silvery changing robes of Lothlorien,
although these are often dirtied from her escapades. She is not a child, yet she
isn’t grown yet, but she carries a long, elegantly carved dagger, a perfect,
beautiful green stone, the colour of her eyes, set in it. She isn’t technically
allowed to keep this as she is not old enough to carry weapons, so she tends to
keep it hidden although it is her greatest treasure. Another of her treasures is
a silver necklace, quite simple, but with a bloodstone hanging at the end. On
this there are moon runes, but she cannot read them.

[ December 28, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-22-2002, 02:12 AM   #2
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Please don't respond on this thread until Amanaduial has posted in it. That said, I am also going to play. Here is my character:

Name: Sultir
Age: About the Elvish equivalent of thirteen or fourteen

Sultir was born to a border guard he sees only a few days a month and a head-of-household in the palace. With such parentage, he's allowed pretty much free rein in Lorien. He's curious about everything and no one is very surprised wherever he shows up. His whims are usually indulged and he's a little spoiled, used to getting his own way.

He and Nuhrive have known each other since they were babies and are best friends. They've never been apart for more than a day and Nuhrive's disappearance has thrown him into a panic. He's forbidden to go on the rescue mission, of course, but don't believe that would daunt him. He can be a very determined boy when it suits him.

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-22-2002, 04:14 PM   #3
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Hi y'all,

Thanks susan. Nice character!

Hi Im Amanaduial, Ill be playing Nuhrive Fleetheart. If you'd like to play at this game I would love to hear from all of you. As it says above, no dwarves or hobbits please; men and elves. If you usually play hobbits and dwarves, be brave!

If you do want to play (please do!), post your character description on this board, but dont post on the game board until Ive responded please (The game wont be starting until boxing day or after I dont think anyway). If you want ideas for characters, PM me; I have a few in mind.

Anyway, that said, I hope to hear from you,
lol
Aman
Old 12-22-2002, 11:12 PM   #4
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Fantastic! I've been waiting to join an RPG for a while now. I'd like to reserve my place in line if that's all right; I'll post my character a little bit later.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:05 PM   #5
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Sure thats fine. Nice to see you Ithaeliel!
Old 12-23-2002, 04:16 PM   #6
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Can I join once I've made up a character?
I must go away and ponder for a bit now.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:56 PM   #7
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Thank you Aman! Here's my character:

Name: Feadhros
Race: Noldorin elf
Appearance: He has a tall, slender build; his hair is brown and has a somewhat auburn tint in the sunlight, and he wears five elflocks in it. His eyes are green and he wears a midnight blue tunic with an elven cloak over it.
Personality: He can sometimes be a bit wily and bend the rules, but he has a good heart. He has a talent for eavesdropping, which makes him very useful to the enemies of the Lady of the Wood, whom he serves and loves.
History: Born and raised in Lothlorien, Feadhros' parents were craftsmen who knew a little about the making of jewels like the Silmarils. However, he was not blessed with this skill, and instead grew into an adventurous soul, sneaking around outside the borders of the woods as a child. Finally, Galadriel's guards, who had only noticed his activities a single time, brought him before her. She asked him if he desired adventure, and when he answered yes, the lady gave him a chance to become one of her scouts. Through his missions he became friends with Nuhrive's parents, and thus knows much about her, though he has only met her a few times. When he heard of her kidnapping he volunteered to help search for her, since he feels the obligation toward both the girl and her parents and hates to see the family suffer.
Weapons/gear: A hundred yards of hithlain rope, a small hooked dagger in a leather sheath, and a longbow & quiver, both made for him by his father.

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 12-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #8
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

b4 I post my profile does our character have to be associatd with the "victim"??
Old 12-23-2002, 09:24 PM   #9
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Aman,

I just saw your request for more gamers on another thread. Why don't you visit The White Horse as Nuhrive (or as Aman) and recruit some gamers there? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 12-24-2002, 12:30 AM   #10
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ithaeliel, I must ask you, how ever do you carry half a league of rope??? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edit: Oh, you changed it...how disappointing.

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-24-2002, 08:15 PM   #11
Namarie
Pile O'Bones

Namarie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Namarie
Sting

May I join?
Old 12-24-2002, 08:21 PM   #12
Namarie
Pile O'Bones

Namarie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Namarie
Sting

Well, taking that as a yes! So

My character.

Saire
She elf
around 15 in human years
Long (obviously) dark brown hair , eyes depending on mood. Dark blue when thinking hard, baby blue regularly, pale almost grey blue when sad, green when having fun, and pale green when sad

: Loves adventure, writing poems and songs and such, loves her horse (namarie a big boned silvery dapple grey with a long flowing mane and tail) speaks her mind. Rebelious.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:19 AM   #13
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

I know that Aman, as the Game Owner, will be contacting the gamers who post here, but a reminder to everyone else who reads this thread is also needed.

The requirements for gaming at Rohan are higher than those of The Shire. Every gamer at Rohan must be familiar with the Golden Rules, which are explained in the thread, The Golden Hall, and demonstrate those qualities of good writing in their posts.

Chat-style writing is not acceptable at Rohan (or, indeed, anywhere on the BarrowDowns discussion forum).

Posting a character description is like an audition; the Game Owner will choose who can play based on the description posted in the discussion thread. Gamers must wait to hear from the Game Owner that they have been accepted.

Character descriptions should not be limited simply to physical characteristics, but offer a psychological or behavioural explanation of the character. Characters must also be related meaningfully to the storyline of the game.

"All the fun's in how we say something." And the goal of that fun at Rohan is credible, decent writing.

Bethberry
Old 12-25-2002, 12:16 PM   #14
Topaz

Silmaril

Name: Lilebrian Longbow

Lilebrian (leel-EB-rian) comes from a long line of archers. My aim is deadly, and I do not waste arrows needlessly. I am a fierce and deadly foe, swift as a wildfire with little like for the men of Dale. My distrust stems from the encroachment of their people into our lands for the pure pleasure of hunting for sport.

I am tall for an Elf, over 6 feet, yet I move like a shadow in the dark. I look like most do in Galadriel's company. Fair, long golden hair, keen eyes, and my one distinguishing feature is the scar across my right cheek. I got it while defending my own sister from the predators outside our boundaries.

My bow is at your service!

Old 12-25-2002, 01:47 PM   #15
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Sting

Sorry about not being on for the past few days, Im quite busy with the church choir Im in near Christmas. (3 and a half hours surrounding midnight mass last night- too much for any sane choirgirl to stand! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Lilebria, I gladly accept you. Your character is well thought out and she fits and to be quite honest, I like her! Welcome.

Bethberry thanks for that. Ill be sure to drop in to the White Horse, with compliments to the delightful Innkeeper of course. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Namarie, Im afraid that description doest really give me enough. Do you have role playing experience? I will PM you.

Aengthrea Greenleaf . Argh! Not chatese please, not chatese, anything but that! *recovers self.* Im sorry hun, but as Bethberry said, you cannot post with chat speak here. Ill PM you as well.

Ithaliel, also accepted. Feadhros works great and Ive seen posts of yours before. Great and well thought. Welcome!

I wonder will Dragoneyes be joining us again...? Never mind, I understand the need to ponder. I ponder therefore I am...

Right, now- to the White Horse!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:39 PM   #16
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At long last, I have decided to 'audition' for this RPG [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That is, if you could use another elf [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Name: Jemel Carenorien
Appearance: Jemel is an average height for an elf, she is slender like most elves. She has curly pale blonde hair to her shoulders and deep ocean-blue eyes. Often wears men's clothes, such as breeches and tunics, due to her 'occupation'.
History: Jemel works for Galadriel as a scribe/reporter type person. She goes to the borders and sometimes travels with the scouts to report back to Galadriel of their findings. Jemel was asked by Galadriel to go on the mission to send tidings and news of the mission by ways of her pet messenger hawk, Aniram. She is also quite a musical elf, writer of songs and music. Her mother
taught her to write and her father taught her to play many instruments. He also taught her how to use the daggers.Her mother was a type of caretaker for children and her father a scout. Jemel also learned from him how to ride a horse.
Personality: Jemel is quite shy to strangers, but to people she knows she is very outgoing. She is not afraid to take charge. Sometimes her temper gets the better of her, but it takes a lot to get her that mad. Jemel sometimes takes the smallest things the be the most important, sometimes her thoughts are of paramount importance to her. She is usually cheerful, and if things
go sour she is quick to try and cheer her companions.
Weapons/gear: Carries with her always a pair of daggers, and never forgets her quill, ink, and parchment. She also brings a small flute to play.
Horse: Ualassae, a midnight-black mare.

My quill is at your service...

Aylwen

Edit: *ahh* Sorry for not thinking...I'll be on vacation from the 27th to the 31st of December. Will I still be able to participate if I get accepted? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 12-25-2002, 08:42 PM   #17
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Hmm...I think I finally got it! It took me a couple of days, but my twisted imagination came up with this:

Name: Harlon Nowane

Race: Elf

Age: Very old in human years, but somewhere in his thirties in elf years.

Appearance: Strawberry Blonde hair, with silver eyes. Average Elvish height.

Personality: Harlon is funny, yet foolish. He loves attention, and will do pretty much anything to get it (as long it's not a bad deed).

Backround: My character was orphaned in the Last Aliance of Elves and Men. Harlon was in need of some form of money, so he started being a stand-up comic. Someone happened to recomend him to Celeborn and Galadriel. So now his proffesion is being The Kings Fool. He makes anyone of the Royal Court laugh, and he gets either a snack or a small meal. Not being to enertain much of anyone, for the sadness upon Lorien, he decided to join the search party

I'm always open to suggestions. If perchance you have a better idea for my character, or if my spelling/grammar isn't accurate, let me know. Only constructive cristicism is permitted. Since I don't think it's proper to post comments to only myself here, send me a PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:53 PM   #18
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Tolkien

What a wonderful idea for a RPG, Aman!! Just wonderful!!

Welll, you know me from the White Horse Inn as Galadel, but I am not sure if oyu wish for the daughter of Galadriel to go on this journey. If oyu wish for me play another character, just P.M. me or tell me so here. I will gladly change to another elf.

Merry Christmas!!

Here is my Profile-

Name- Galadel Vinorel (my name means- "Light of the Stars"- named this because my eyes seem to shine like stars, especially when lights are around me, "Morning Star"- named this because I was born on Midsummer's Day, when the Sun rose over the horizon, and also for other reasons which few know.)

Race- Noldor Elf

Lineage- Second Daughter of Lord Celeborn and Lady Galdriel of the Golden Wood

Hair Color- Golden

Eye Color- Crystal Blue

Height- 6"8

Other Names- Palintirel- "Far-Seeing Star"- named this because I have had visions since I was five years old, Phaore- "Heart of Gold"- named this when I was young because I was considered to be very sweet.

Other Features, Etc.- I am as wise and almost as beautiful and powerful as my mother, and I am as strong as my father. I fight with the sword and the bow, though I prefer the sword. I was born in the First Age, and I was five (by the age of the Elves) when Morgoth fell. I fought in the Battle of the Last Alliance as the Commander of the Lothlorien Army of Elves. I can speak most every language. I am the the sister-in-law of Lord Elrond, and the aunt of his children, who I taught how to use the bow and the sword. I ride very well.

Personality- Very calm with a firery temper. She is very effected by the changes in the world (especially the sad ones), and, so, she is often very sad. She is young at heart, though, and she looks and sometimes acts only to be about the age 22. She has a merry laugh that is often heard ringing throught Lothlorien. Though she does not liked to be served by Maidens and such very often, she is indeed very noble, though she does not usually act that way.

Usual Outfit- White dress with silver, red, and gold acccents, and a silver, white or gold cloak. Her hair is either in braids, or is down. She, if she wears them, wears silver or gold shoes.

Traveling Outfit- Green pants and shirt with silver accents, and a green cloak made by her mother that blends in with most every scenery. Her long hair is either in braids or half of her hair is pulled back, with the rest freely flowing. With this outfit she wears Elvish boots.

Sword Name- Ruinel (name means "Flame of the Stars".) The blade is clear, and it was a thread of red (which some say is lava from the fires of Mount Doom) running through the center of it. THe handle is silver with red and gold accents

Horse's Name- Celelith (name means "Silver Star") She is white, with a black tail and mane. On her forhead is a silver birthmark in the shape of a star. She is a gift from King Theoden to me, for she is the daughter of Shadowfax. She is very fast, and knows all the lands of Rohan and Lothlorien by heart.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 12-26-2002, 08:18 AM   #19
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Shield

I'd love to join, if you will have me. Introducing myself now at the Inn, but here's a profile.

Name; Garen, son of Galthun, Gareth's heir of the house of Lorien, called "Calamorie" (that's "Light in the darkness," I think, though my Elvish is pretty poor)

Race; Man, though descended through long years from Mariel, an Elf of Lorien.

Age; 23.

Phys. Desc.; Fair and young, a scion of a great house of Elf-friends. Grey eyed and fair haired, tall. Dressed in Elf fashion, though not in Elfish clothes (i.e; no camo cloak, etc)

Bio; Descended from Gareth (a Man of "twilight" as they'd say in Gondor) and the Elf maid Mariel, the house of Lorien was established in the dawn of the second age. Garen is the latest scion of this house, whose lands run from below the Dimrill Dale along the banks of Celebrant to Lothlorien. He walks with a slight limp, the reminder of a battle fought against the Wargs of the mountains. He is proud, a prince of Men, though his love has always been with the forests and fields rather than the halls and throne that are his birthright.

Why he's here; The report of a kidnapping in Lorien strikes close to home for Garen. The report that Men perpetrated this crime fills him with anger, for he fears that the wrath of the Elves will fall upon his own house. He hopes to forestall any such action by joining this rescue party, and, if indeed the kidnappers are of his house, he is their prince and would see justice done.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 12-26-2002, 08:34 AM   #20
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have pondered long enough! So here she is:

Name: Thoriel
Personality: Outgoing and friendly, she wants to make the whole world her friend and can't understand why some people just don't get along. She is an only child and both her parents are alive, but busy with other things. She strongly believes in second chances and is very free with whom she trusts, but she isn't naive, so she always has her wits about her and a dagger concealed in her boot.
Appearance: 5"9' with long dark blonde hair and grey eyes. usually wears a very simple dress and riding boots. Apart from the dagger in her boot, the only other weapon she carries is a bow (and arrows of course). She wears a beautifully carved bracelet, to reming her of her home and family, but it's usually covered by her clothing.
Reason she's coming: Her parents were too busy to go themselves, and her being their only child, they sent her.

She's good with both the dagger and bow and would very much like to put her abilities to use.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:33 PM   #21
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Ooh, lovely!

Aylwen Dreamsong, Jemel has good reasons for being here and is nicely fitting. Accepted.
Have a nice vacation. Where are you going? Susan, could you start the game tomorrow please? Or the day after if thats not possible? Aylwen, we can carry her for a while until you get back, if you wanna PM me your first post then Ill post it (We start where everyone, including Nuhrive, is still at Lorien, ok?)

Morai I love the idea of a Fool. Accepted. Will Harlon be joining the search party as a scouter or what? I mean, can he fight?

Galadel Vinorel, oh youre too kind! I know you play well, and in that case you are accepted anyway. I like your character as well, but she is the princess; would her parents really let her go? She may have to go in disguise methinks. Accepted, but needs an excuse.

Garen LiLorian . At last, a man! And a male player as well. And I saw your post on the White Horse in response, and it strengthened this. Accepted.

dragoneyes:
Quote:
she wants to make the whole world her friend
. Hmmm, hopefully not the entire world ie. evil men. Ive seen you play before and you have a good style. Accepted.

Lilebria, Thankyou for that post on the Horse, great post. Strengthened and even more accepted. If possible. Ok, that doesnt really make sense, but what the hey.

So, lets see. Players...
Amanaduial the Archer
Search party- Lilebria
Ithaliel
Susan Delgado- although Im not sure- is Sultir directly joining the search party or following or what? (I like following)
Aylwen Dreamsong
Morai
Garen LiLorian
Dragoneyes
Galadel Vinorel- but you need to get the princess on there secretly or something.

Thats it for the search party Im afraid. No more direct good guys in the search. However, although we are one Man up with the elves, there is still rather a lack of men and a complete lack of bad guys.

Please...we need bad guys. And there is a baddie leader still there with no-one to play him... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ...if no one else will, I will play the bad guy leader. If you do want to play him...please PM me first (dont worry, your place will be held, you cant become the top man unless you PM me first ok?) cos I have a few vital things to add. Dont worry, only like two, but mildly important. And I dont want him to be wasted. We also have all the other baddies so come on! Evil men (and women) I know you want to!
Old 12-26-2002, 02:44 PM   #22
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Tomorrow, will do, either in the morning or after I get off work.

Sultir is not allowed on the rescue mission, but his concern for Nuhrive is going to prompt him to sneak after them.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:59 PM   #23
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Thank you, Amanaduial! I'm visiting kin in Michigan, and I can't wait. They flood their huge backyard and let it freeze over to make an ice rink. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I can write a first post for Jemel, and you'll have it either tonight or early tomorrow before I leave!

Thanks again
Aylwen

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 12-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #24
Airerűthiel
Wight

Airerűthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm considering joining this game with my character Maikadurion (for any interested, his story and that of his brother and cousin can be found in a combo of the White Horse, Cirith Ungol RPG and the Green Dragon). Here are his stats:

Name: Maikadurion (My-ka-du-ri-on)
Race: I just call him a Gondorian, but his mother Orowethwen was a Mirkwood Elf and his father Théomer had a mix of Gondorian and Rohirrim blood
Family: Younger identical twin brother Laitalathion and cousin Airerűthiel
Weapon: Longbow and long knife
Appearance: Red-gold hair and deep blue eyes, quite tall
Personality: Proud, loyal, honest, hot-tempered, courageous, impulsive
Backstory: Father killed by wargs when sons two years old; mother died of grief four years later; went to live in the house of their mother's sister (Airerűthiel's mother); ran away before the massacre of the White Horse; went to Mirkwood; came back east; brothers split up and went separate ways; currently working at the White Horse Inn

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Airerűthiel ]
Old 12-26-2002, 05:24 PM   #25
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dűm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

hey ive wanted to try RPG so heres my charactor:

name:herathwen (hair-eth-wen)
Appearance:red wavy hair and hazel eyes
Weapon:skilled with bow but prefers her knifes
Personality:Loves fighting but since she is a girl, noone believes she is strong enough.

She ends up running away from rivendell(her home)
Old 12-26-2002, 05:34 PM   #26
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I'll offer to play dual characters if the need becomes great enough (I have a feeling it already is) for wild Men. Would that be okay?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:48 PM   #27
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

When I get back I wouldn't mind helping out with the Wild Men too if needed. See you all later though, off to pack.

Aylwen
Old 12-27-2002, 01:16 PM   #28
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
They flood their huge backyard and let it freeze over to make an ice rink.
OMG! Why cant I have cool friends in Michigan?! Have a great time, I will post your post when the time is.

Carlas, I like the character but
a) Shes an elf- no more elves
b) If you wanna play and you havent before, the Shire might be a good place to start.
I would acceot but we're overloaded on both elves and good guys.

Airerűthiel, the same for you Im afraid; too many good guys. If you changed the character, you would be able to play one of the bad guys.

Thanks Susan. Good plan for Sultir as well thats fine.

lol
aman
Old 12-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #29
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Well Amanaduial, how about this:

"After much begging and silly antics, they let him join the search party. Harlon volunteered to be "the distraction." If need be, he would enertain the enemy while everyonelse rescued or fought for the lost elf."

The reason it's in quotation marks is it might end up as part of one of my posts.
Old 12-27-2002, 05:56 PM   #30
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I forgot about Thoriel's steed [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img], well he's a black stallion called Brilnon.

Who has an icing rink in their garden? So unfair!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:19 AM   #31
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hmmm...not sure. Ok that might work; go for it.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #32
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Game thread started.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:51 PM   #33
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I have a question to make the beginning a bit easier, as I did have a bit of difficulty in my first post, and I'm sure this will apply in the future: Do Nuhrivë's parents have names?
Old 12-29-2002, 02:49 AM   #34
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Wow! Such an underabundance of bad guys, if only the real world was like this. Everyone wants to rescue the elf-maiden, yet noone wants to kidnap her in the first place! Very well, meet:

Skara the Woodsman
Standing 5 foot 9, bearded (but not heavily), with brown hair and tanned complexion.
Skara is a self-confessed expert with the bow. Aged 29, he is a traveller by nature and a hunter and craftsman by profession, with no wife as of yet. In his home village, his time was mainly taken up by hunting to supplement his people's crude attempts at agriculture, but most enjoyed turning his hand to turning some wood. Fights with the bow or the knife, and usually with animals rather than men, but carries a short sword on this expedition. Very patriotic and loyal to his people and his village - cares little for the Elves or the Elf-friends (at the outset at least!). Adaptable and yes, occasionally ruthless, Skara is not above some foolhardy attempt to get rich quick.

Skara can be altered to suit the requirements of the RPG - I'd love to join in, and would like to know more about the motive for the kidnapping and where the 'bad' guys come from. Do they all come from the same village? Please post or send me a PM, if you still need some bad guys.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:06 AM   #35
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Sting

Something unexpected has come up, and I have to go to Hong Kong for a day or two. I don't know whether I'll have a computer to post on or not while I'm there, but I thought I'd let everyone know.

Any adjustments you need to make are OK by me (short of introducing, then killing my character, obviously [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

If I don't post in the next day or two, I guess you can just count me out of this RPG.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 12-29-2002, 06:50 AM   #36
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

How long are you gonna be away for? If its only a few days, I suppose we can carry you as well as Aylwen (I really dont eant to lose my man!) have a nice time anyway Garen.

Nanes for Nuhrive's parents...hmmm... Isolde (mum) and Milar (dad).

[ December 29, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 12-29-2002, 07:10 AM   #37
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Sting

Shouldn't be more than a day or two. Say 5 days at the very outside, but I don't really see that happening.

Like I said, whatever needs to happen is cool with me.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #38
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Maybe it's to late, but as my father always say's:"You have no, you could get yes.

So may I join. For those who don't know my character here is a description.

Name:Anuion(is it ever something else)
Description:Anuion wear's green clothing and has light brown hair. He is 1.87 meters high(sorry I don't use foot measures and don't know them either) and carries a light elven sword a bow and a long knife. (just think of a crossing between Legolas and Aragorn only not so perfect as both.
Biography:Anuion is a Sindar elf and was a Mirkwood elf. When reaching the age of 500 he had enough of a life of serving and began to master the art's of fighting and weaponry. When he reiched the respectable age of 1000 he went out of Mirkwood and became a ranger. He has seen many places from the shire till ithilien.

I know that you have already started, but since Anuion is a ranger in the wild you can meet him anywhere so that is not going to be a problem.

Greetings,

Anuion

p.s. I don't plan on any great heroic deed's it's just that RPGing rocks. Hope you have a spot for me.
________
Strawberry Cough

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:56 PM   #39
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I have repaired the faulty first post. I tried to do that before I posted it originally, but I guess more showed up after I I posted it. Must be a poltergeist...you know, an independent wight with a mischievous streak. One of those whose posting right have been rescinded. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway...I hadn't realised how much fun it was going to be playing a 13-year-old.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:50 PM   #40
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Lol thanks susan. And what can I say?: being a young teen rocks!

Helka, Im really sorry. Im not accepting any more elves; we're overloaded on that front as it is. Sorry darlin.

I cant believe it. *looks around, peering into corners in case shes missed anything* There really is but one bad guy? Hmmm, BiZaRrE! Well, as soon as I think of a character Ill be joining you then dougie! (and I am still not laughing doug, honest. Think Indiana Jones, think Indiana Jones...*snigger*)