The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mr Underhill - no not that one....

I don't suppose the Downs ever had a huge number of Rugby Union fans, those I knew of are sadly treeish, but as a good school boy player, I suspect Tolkien would have been at least amused that a young player with a quintessential Tolkienesque name made his senior International debut on Saturday evening. Sam Underhill got his first cap in England's game against the Pumas (Argentina). While England has been depleted by the concurrent Lions' tour to NZ a great future is predicted for him and it is unlikely to be a one off.
b
At over six foot and sixteen stone he is no Halfling - one of the Big folk of Bree perhaps

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sam Underhill, on top of everything? I bet the whole thing is a cover name!

Also, hopefully, his coach didn't forget to pass him any important correspondence...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote