The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #81
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I just noticed this only when somebody quoted it: Eomer, could you actually clarify what you meant by this? Like by "somewhat risky stuff for a wolf"? How was it risky? (Just crossed my mind that this sounds a bit like a Wolf-slip. "It would be a risky stuff for a Wolf to do, because Inzil is a Wolf." Without realizing that you are not supposed to know that he is one...) So how did you mean this?
I'm not quite sure I follow you here.

Risky stuff as in: it would be a risky thing for a packmate of Zil to do? Well, yeah, I suppose a Legate-wolf vote for Zil-wolf would be pretty risky for the wolves - high chance of lynching a wolf.

No, I meant it so far as Zil turned out to be innocent, or if neither of you had gotten lynched at all. In either of these outcomes, your vote becomes extremely interesting and certain to be pored over by the village the next day. That's what I was saying. There were other things Legate-wolf could have done on Day One to not attract so much attention.

Of course, we ended up getting lucky with the lynch; and you're under far less scutiny today than you could have been.

I hope I explain my meaning a bit clearer?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #82
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I don't normally put much stock in alleged wolf-slips, but that does look odd.
Call me paranoid but you appear to be rather subtly/not-so-subtly going after me today, Rikae. Easy target?
Old 09-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #83
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
No, I meant it so far as Zil turned out to be innocent, or if neither of you had gotten lynched at all. In either of these outcomes, your vote becomes extremely interesting and certain to be pored over by the village the next day. That's what I was saying. There were other things Legate-wolf could have done on Day One to not attract so much attention.
Fair enough, thanks for the reply.

A mandatory list following, since I should vote soon and go to sleep.

Eomer of the Rohirrim - still not very certain about him (of course the response he provided makes sense, but a Wolf would say the same; it's more his reaction as it is that I hoped to get something out of, sadly it's hard to judge)
A Little Green - leaning innocent, even though she might be playing it awfully (complete with the nice appearance of la-di-da "we bagged a Wolf" happy beginning of the Day and so on), but I wouldn't say suspicious meriting a vote yet
Thinlómien- a bit worried still. I hope she is going to post something still toDay in order for me to be able to judge her better
satanisaloser2005 - okay, that behavior is really weird, if you ask me; though skipping a vote while being around and not explaining it at the same time isn't really a sign of Wolvery, it's really just weird. What could amount to Wolvery would be the tone of some of the stuff in her previous post, and thus the no-vote would be just a direct outcome of a Wolf not wishing to meddle into Zil-lynch (waiting until last possible moment if she can swing vote, which then didn't happen? Or somesuch?). But I can also imagine her as a basic innocent.
Kath - I wonder where she disappeared to
Shasta - so far his contributions are not very contributive and not very telling either, would much prefer to see more, sadly I am afraid that might happen only in late American time
Rikae - looks fairly sensible and all; might be plotting something of course, but like Greenie, not really much of a reason for me to give her a vote now
Nerwen - nothing suspicious there, looks like her fairly normal self. There were moments in her analysis where I thought she might be a bit suggestive, but that was still fairly general. Probably also no reason to give her a vote.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #84
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Not going to vote for:

Shasta - I want to see more of him first.
Kath - Same thing.
Rikae & Nerwen - Both of these ladies creep me out, but I have practically no read on either and won't waste my vote on a shot in the dark. Would like to look at both more closely if/when I have time.

Which leaves:

Eomer - Also creeps me out. Half the time, he acts like a textbook example of a werewolf (like the nice and clean vote for Kath yesterDay), the other half like a level-headed, poking-at-everyone innocent Eomer.
Lommy - Her vote placement yesterDay could be read as a Lommywolf trying to direct the lynch away from Inzil (knowing that Legate is a very easy Day 1 lynch). Also her repeated emphasis on how she doesn't really suspect Legate seems overdone. Otherwise, hard to say.
Sally - I'm wavering between uninterested ordo and deliberately unhelpful wolf.
Legate - I seem to have spent most of the Day talking about him. I still think his and Inzil's mutual "suspicion" and voting for each other looks like possible wolf-on-wolf, probably not one they had planned but more likely something that they considered the best option under the circumstances. Not sure about it though.

EDIT: x-ed with Leggie's list!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #85
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
the no-vote would be just a direct outcome of a Wolf not wishing to meddle into Zil-lynch (waiting until last possible moment if she can swing vote, which then didn't happen? Or somesuch?)
Hm. Hadn't thought of that, but it's a possibility.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #86
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Wavering between Sally and Legate at the moment. Probably leaving Lommy and Eomer alone for toDay since I haven't read them as carefully as the other two.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #87
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Nah. Not switching at the last minute.

++Legate

It all seems a bit too convenient - the vote placement yesterDay (as well as Inzil's retaliation vote), followed by toDay's "those who voted for Zil are less likely to be his packmates" wink wink nudge nudge. I'm aware this might be a throwaway, I'm not convinced myself, but it's the strongest hunch I have of anyone at the moment.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #88
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I didn't feel comfy voting for either candidate yesterDay - or rather, I didn't feel comfy choosing between them, finding both of them to be acting rather unusual but not suspecting either enough at the time to vote for one over the other. At least I didn't stick my nose in and muck up Dun's induction into the noble order of the Fenris, so I feel no shame about not voting yesterDay.
Well, that was also a nice way to wash your hands of the mess. I wonder if a wolf would still have cast a throwaway vote though. Depends on the wolf, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Legate sounds like a parody of himself, only with shorter posts. I wonder if he's doing it intentionally or not.
What did you mean by that, Lommy?
Let this service as an answer to Nerwen too who thought my suspicion of Legate came out of the blue. It didn't, even though it was very vague. I meant by this quote that I thought that (early Day1) Legate sounded like a parody of himself which made me think if he's intentionally trying to maintain his innocent playing style (while being a wolf obviously) and overdoing it. Well, still I thought is just as viable that he just happens to sound like himself a lot. And as there hadn't been much, that was the best lead I had (also given his later slightly weird argumentation about not spreading the vote).

If you want to know, my next best ideas were seriously to vote Inzil because he's always a wolf for some reason or to vote Nerwen because she never votes on Day1 (and as much as I adore her it irks me) and that might tell you how much I was shooting in the dark. Then again, I would've been right about both...

~*~

A list:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - I keep flip-flopping on him. On the other hand he seems a tad too confident and gives a shady vibe with his oddly phrased comments, and is a little defensive of late. Then again, he is not really that different from how he tends to play as an innocent. Undecided.

A Little Green - also undecided. Seems like her sharp self, but when doesn't she? Also, I don't really hold the Inzil vote too much in her favour - I think it would have been fairly likely for a wolf to cast an early wolf-on-wolf vote and hope no one jumps on the bandwagon, and to think that if there's a bandwagon, at least she's going to look fairly innocent herself. Especially if she's suspected the packmate aloud before and others not so much. That's exactly how I got one of my packmates lynched in a game with a similar un-European friendly deadline a couple of years ago and consequently I got a free pass for Days. (Yes this translates to "I did it once so it would be a smart move". But yeah, obviously this is not an argument for Greenie's guilt either.)

satanisaloser2005 - not so impressed. I agree her actions late yesterDay are noncommittal, and toDay she's very apologetic, while at the same time laying low. That's pretty fishy in my book.

Legate of Amon Lanc - I still think his arguments make 5-10% sense on average but I'm starting to think he's innocent. I mean, usually wolf-Legate is more cool and calculating than ordo-Legate, and that's about the only difference there is if there is any. The village focus on him has a little misguided if not fabricated vibe. Also I think his nailing Inzil's coffin speaks in his favour, even though it's not impossible he'd have done it as a wolf.

Kath - casting a random vote (okay, I know none of us early voters had very sensible arguments so maybe I'm a little hypocritical) and not being around otherwise makes me definitely want to see more of her. I'm afraid if she's a wolf she'll just sail past us.

Shasta - possibly the weirdest after Sally, wouldn't have probably caught my attention if not the totally touchy last post. Having a bad day or a bad Day? Overreacting in any case.

Rikae - I don't know. I think she muddled up my ability to read her pretty bad in the previous game where she made a huge fuss about how her not being defensive is not a mark of her innocence - while being non-defensive and innocent. She seems helpful, but I kind of agree with Eomer that she was a bit too happy to jump on his supposed "slip".

Nerwen - in a typical Nerwen fashion misses Day1 and makes up by providing helpful analyses on Day2. Like seriously what can I say? No read, but definitely not on the top of my suspicion list.

edit: xed with Greenie's spam
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #89
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Though more useful than not voting at all, I dare say.
There's unintentionally useless, and there's intentionally useless. I hope you're not implying I would lie about losing track of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Call me paranoid but you appear to be rather subtly/not-so-subtly going after me today, Rikae. Easy target?
Furry target, especially from this reaction.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #90
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Not implying you're lying, Rikae, but I'm always suspicious of non-voters. I also take some issue with your assessment of my vote as 'intentionally useless.' It was not meant as such. Inzil, on 3 votes, could easily have been caught up with after my vote for Kath - there were 4 people who could still have voted at that stage. It's hardly fair to claim that I was throwing my vote away, because at that stage there were still other options. And I stand by my vote: there's no way Kath gets away with her completely random vote; it was certainly no better than any non-voters and, as I argue, actually worse.

Now you're calling me 'furry' for daring to question you. I don't know what to make of that.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #91
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ok, bedtime approaching, so, to vote. It basically comes down to either Lommy or Eomer for me. Otherwise, even though this is essentially repetition of what I brought up in my list, but this time these are direct appeals -

Kath, Sally, Shasta: If you are innocent, talk to us. (If not, don't and we will simply lynch you. Really, with these numbers...)

Otherwise. Hmm. So Eomer or Lommy. It seems kind of likely that Eomer will get more votes. From that perspective, it might be a more logical "investment" if the choice is practically the same between the two, as far as I am concerned. Then again, he is the one more, hum, rational one of the two. I mean he's certainly been sensible; really sensible I mean - making some observations that I cannot but judge as genuine. Point being: that's exactly what a clever Wolf would do, too - especially as a sort of a show for the inquisitive villagers who would be able to spot it.

Lommy's last post, let's make this clear, does not sound much any better than anything before. Sort of raising suspicion against very many people at the same time. But again that's not to say she doesn't make some sensible and probably objective observations either. Just depends how much. If I were to judge the amount of Lommy-vibe, which maybe is the only indicator it comes down to, on the scale from "wolflommy" to "normallommy", it is still maybe like 2/3 towards Wolflommy. Gah, difficult.

Ok, last minute to think, and then I will cast my vote, honestly have no idea which one at this moment.

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #92
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Not implying you're lying, Rikae, but I'm always suspicious of non-voters. I also take some issue with your assessment of my vote as 'intentionally useless.' It was not meant as such. Inzil, on 3 votes, could easily have been caught up with after my vote for Kath - there were 4 people who could still have voted at that stage. It's hardly fair to claim that I was throwing my vote away, because at that stage there were still other options. And I stand by my vote: there's no way Kath gets away with her completely random vote; it was certainly no better than any non-voters and, as I argue, actually worse.
There were 4 people who could have voted, but it's highly unlikely they'd all have voted for Kath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Now you're calling me 'furry' for daring to question you. I don't know what to make of that.
What? I'm calling you furry for acting jumpy. If I thought you might be a gifted, that reaction might even make me back off, but in this game, it only strengthens my suspicion.

In fact...

++Eomer

EDIT: X'd with Legate
Old 09-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #93
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

That's really suspicious. Jumpy? I'm actively trying to get discussion going! You slyly argue against me, twice, and expect me not to react? In this village where hardly anyone is talking?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #94
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just ????

The Rikae-Eomer spat is definitely interesting, but I don't have enough brain capacity to think about it right now. I will, toMorrow, if I'm around, and likewise by toMorrow I will stop giving quiet people (= Kath and Shasta) a free pass. Sally has said little more than them, but basically all she's said is more or less eyebrow-raising-worthy, so:

++Sally

Need to go to sleep now, sorry for the inactivity toDay, had a busy day in RL, will try to improve in the future!

edit: xed with Eomer
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
White-Hand Honey, I'm home!

Not that I don't understand the suspicion I've garnered for not voting, because it's perfectly sensible to find that odd, but would you all rather I had flipped a coin and decided that way? I didn't feel like I'd make a good decision, so I didn't decide at all. I didn't say anything about it because I'm normally not in favor of abstaining and I fully realized the hypocrisy of deciding not to vote.

"You realize our butcher's been ended, and there's no more fresh meat to enjoy. But if we do not pay attention, the werewolves will fix that- oh boy. The person we lynch toDay matters, and if you decide that it's me, I fear many bad things will happen, including a wolf victory."

So, you know, let's choose wisely.

Reading through again, this time with commentary. Back soon.

x'd since Greenie's vote
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #96
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:

Nice. Okay, attempt at objective observation from the outside, because this just seems to me like a kind of a heated thing which escalated rather quickly. I am not entirely sure if I like this little exchange between Eomer and Rikae now, but as far as this post of Eomer's is concerned: that actually at the same time quells my suspicions and at the same time brings them back - the reaction is nicely calm and collected, which seems like an ordo's reaction to accusation, but then the second voice says: and who is going to be more calm and collected under pressure than a Wolf? Ugh. Okay, one more step back: unless this is something that got very much out of hand, then it would kind of seem like there is at least one Wolf in this exchange, and then I would be inclined to think that it is Eomer.

You know what also, if I could cast two votes toDay, I would cast one for Eomer and one for Lommy. It would be that much easier. Then again, fast forward to toMorrow: if we lynch either of those two, I hope that will prove something.

EDIT: x-ed since my last... gah!!!! Okay, wait a second.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #97
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I find myself amused by the fact that Eomer, so outraged by my random vote, then revenge votes me. Oh I am sure he has a list of reasons really, but that one tickled me. Especially given that thrown in as it was near the end, it was a nice safe way for him to finish the Day. That said, I presume he was expecting three more voted who could potentially have backed him up - I mean, I know I was pretty unhelpful yesterDay but I did at least vote! sally has explained why she didn't vote, but all that explanation said to me was: I wanted to stay out of the firing line. Possibly too cowardly a move for a wolf as it has forced the limelight on to her today though.

As to Inzil, that was an interesting bandwagon. Greenie then Agan then Legate if my reading is right. Now Inzil was bothered by Greenie's vote, saying it felt dodgy. But when push came to shove at the end he switched to saying Legate's vote was worst and attention should be focused that way. Possibly an early wolf on wolf from Greenie to Inzil, and when it took hold Inzil trying to pish suspicion onto Legate to clear Greenie? But really that seems unnecessarily complicated for Day 1!

Agan had a few suspcions yesterDay but really nothing very strong. She voted Inzil and mentioned sally, Rikae and Kath besides but at varying degrees of maybeness and metaness. Killed because there's another wolf in the list? Or because there isn't but the wolves want us to focus on all her stuff when there's nothing more there? I guess we lynch sally, Rikae and me and we have our answer!

Interestingly, Lommy pegged our two revealed roles yesterDay, saying Agan seemed innocent and (based on stats only) Inzil was probably a wolf. Just saying ...

I feel like Legate's vote for Inzil that put him ahead does speak to Legate's innocence. This early in the game throwing a fellow wolf under the bus does seem unnecessary.

I have to vote now (blasted early deadlines and the fact that doing this on a phone takes foreeeever). I am so, SO tempted to vote Eomer again for the entertainment value.

I think to a degree I have argued myself out of voting for Legate and by association Greenie, due to the 'why turn on another wolf so early' quandary. Rikae has been making interesting points toDay as far as I have seen. Shasta was very odd, launching in with a huge attention seeking claim - to avoid us lynching him for lack of play? And then sally with her not voting reasons aka avoiding making a decision that could be later analysed.

Just going to post this, see what I have crossed with, then vote.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #98
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

At the risk of defending my rival for your affections, Legate ( ) why are you thinking about voting Lommy? I don't really get it (and that's coming from someone who is always willing to kill Lommy).

Wouldn't you rather go all Nogrod, and wipe out one of those non-talkers?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #99
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
That's really suspicious. Jumpy? I'm actively trying to get discussion going! You slyly argue against me, twice, and expect me not to react? In this village where hardly anyone is talking?
Brilliant. *exasperation* Meaning, not at Eomer's reaction, but at the fact that this is now happening when I am about to go to sleep. Typical. Also now I totally don't have an idea what to make of this. The reaction is justified, in my opinion, at the same time now it seems like retaliation and at the same time I would like to give both of those the time to cool down and then figure out more about Eomer from behavior in future situations. But, huh. Sleep needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Not that I don't understand the suspicion I've garnered for not voting, because it's perfectly sensible to find that odd, but would you all rather I had flipped a coin and decided that way? I didn't feel like I'd make a good decision, so I didn't decide at all. I didn't say anything about it because I'm normally not in favor of abstaining and I fully realized the hypocrisy of deciding not to vote.
Well, I think it's simply that you were here for like two hours (or probably you weren't sitting here for two hours, but you were around during those two hours, and the only thing you said was, I quote, "crickets", instead of saying for example that you do not want to vote etc what you simply said just now).

Also, Lommy's vote: I can totally share the sentiment there. Might feel sorta better about her, because Eomer would have been an easier bandwagon-jump? (Then again maybe a WW wants to avoid that?) Life is hard. *procures a bottle*

Really going to vote in the next post.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #100
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I know I was pretty unhelpful yesterDay but I did at least vote!
One of these people who believe that 'democracy' means marking a name on a bit of paper once every 5 years, eh?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eomer and Rikae's spat is fun. I don't know if Eomer is being deliberately ... borderline rude? Reading a couple of his comments on me have felt more like personal attacks rather than werewolf analysis, but perhaps it is the age old issue of text communication.

Anyway, my vote goes to ++sally

Ok, you didn't know how to vote yesterDay, but not voting at all removes you from the discussion. It is too easy an out.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #102
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
One of these people who believe that 'democracy' means marking a name on a bit of paper once every 5 years, eh?

And does it not? After all, if you don't vote at all, what right do you have to be upset by the result? Anyway - let's shelve the RL politics for now.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #103
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok, I just want to make it clear that I am not being rude. I like you guys. Seriously. It's a game.

Now, continue..
Old 09-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #104
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
As to Inzil, that was an interesting bandwagon. Greenie then Agan then Legate if my reading is right. Now Inzil was bothered by Greenie's vote, saying it felt dodgy. But when push came to shove at the end he switched to saying Legate's vote was worst and attention should be focused that way. Possibly an early wolf on wolf from Greenie to Inzil, and when it took hold Inzil trying to pish suspicion onto Legate to clear Greenie? But really that seems unnecessarily complicated for Day 1!
Indeed interesting, and yes, a bit too complicated. But interesting in any case, yes.

Quote:
At the risk of defending my rival for your affections, Legate ( ) why are you thinking about voting Lommy? I don't really get it (and that's coming from someone who is always willing to kill Lommy).

Wouldn't you rather go all Nogrod, and wipe out one of those non-talkers?
I am going to sleep, so not going to reiterate, but you can look it up from already some stuff yesterDay and up to now. Generally somewhat suspicious behavior, if compared to how Lommy generally acts. A bit more pointed at times, also voting maybe timed so that to deviate from Inziladun. ToDay's vote much better tho.

And for that, I like your inquisitiveness and now I pity I haven't been playing with you lately that often, because I bet I could more easily analyse whether you are acting as your normal self with this inquisitiveness or just playing it. Anyway, I have to vote now.

In the end...

++Eomer

I am not sure if I'd have said before he was being on a "defensive mode", but now he is much more. (Though of course who wouldn't be.) But yeah, since my options were him or Lommy, I think I will try to go with this. I would so much like to still be around, provided that now apparently things are happening. But yeah. Going to sleep.

P.S. Kath looks quite okay to me from her last post. Wouldn't lynch.

EDIT: x-ed all after my last.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #105
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Sally looks fairly suspicious, and I should vote for her to save myself, but Rikae has really gone to the top of the list today. I suspect her more than Sally or Kath at this stage.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, so other than some light bickering and suspicion of submarines, nothing sticks out too much so far.

I've got an organized little suspect list
Sharing all my thoughts on all of you
Mad ones, late ones
Some are guilty as sin
A vote maybe two we have yet to choose
Before we're all done in....

To business!

Not voting toDay

Greenie - I'm currently thinking Greenie to be innocent, mostly based on her vote toDay. Were she a wolf, it would probably be easier to start a wagon rolling at me than it would be to aim at Legate.

Legate - He seems off to me, but it's also quite early and he did push Dun into a solid lead (certainly at the time), which makes me feel good about him.

Lommy - Her frustration (as it were) seems genuine, and I don't yet sense any Thinwolfien overtones, so for the moment at least, I'm not keen to lynch her.

Shasta - Sleepy psychic wolf boy likely needs a bit for his gift to warm up, so we'll see shortly if we're dealing with good or evil Shasta, but I think a wolf Shasta would have made it in yesterDay to vote.

Eh, what?

Kath - No particular read, which bothers me, but eh.

Nerwen - Hasn't said enough for my Nerwen radar to ping either way.

Eyebrow-raising

Rikae - Baring teeth, be they human or lupine, and I feel like an innocent Rikae wouldn't get so hot so early in the game. Not that I'm saying she's attacking outright, but she's pressing Eomer harder than is necessary and it feels sinister to me.

Eomer - Likewise, I feel like he's hit the serious level a bit too early. Between him and Rikae, one of them is almost certainly a wolf (both by the way they're acting and by statistics). The special note here is that I'm always awful at reading Eomer, so I could be off base, but if anything, that makes my brain lean toward marking him the lesser of two evils.

x'd since my last
Old 09-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #107
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So Sally, fancy voting Rikae to make a 3-way?
Old 09-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #108
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ah, probably not. You'll want to survive, I guess.

Well, I'm sticking to my conviction.

++RIKAE
Old 09-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #109
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
In regards to Rikae and Eomer, I hesitate to think that one or the other must be a wolf, but I agree that the possibility is there - and for the sake of opinion, I do think Eomer to be more likely. Some of that is that I think Rikae's reaction feels genuine; some is also that I think I'm sensing more alarm from Eomer than is really necessary.

Honestly, though, I feel like I have to mention the innocent v. innocent possibility here, though. That's kind of the vibe I'm feeling currently, and I'd like to go back and read more before I vote either one.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #110
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So Sally, fancy voting Rikae to make a 3-way?
It worked out really poorly for me last time I tried to tie a vote, but....

It seems to me the lynching could end up either way
And though my odds are tiny, I'd still like to play
So now my choice seems simple - I'll vote and hold my breath
I hope this doesn't end in death
(Unless it's yours, I must confess)

In short:
++Rikae
I hope this works!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, Sally, is that vote for daring to question Eomer? Or is it for saying your hanging around and not voting was not cool?
Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #112
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Tally

A Little Green —> Legate
Rikae —> Eomer
Lommy —> Sally
Kath —> Sally (2)
Legate —> Eomer (2)
Eomer —> Rikae
Sally —> Rikae (2)

Interesting.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #113
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So– at the time of posting we have a three-way tie between Eomer, Rikae and Sally, with Legate as a fourth option and only me and my king left to vote.

Hmmn. From the interactions toDay, I think it’s likely there is indeed a wolf or two in that thicket– but which?

Now, in theory, we should be able to infer from the voting pattern that Eomer and Sally are either both innocent or both packmates, since they each voted Rikae in a situation where they “should” have voted each other for self-preservation (note also that they had previously mentioned each other as suspicious, so it’s not as if it wasn’t an easy option). I’m not so sure about that in practice, however– if everyone behaved “logically” the game would be a lot more predictable.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-22-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Mangled sentence.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #114
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That's a good point. I hesitate to ever think I can read Sally, but why didn't Eomer vote for her? Self-preservation would have been a perfectly logical reason for voting, in my opinion. But he voted Rikae instead. Curious.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #115
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
That's a good point. I hesitate to ever think I can read Sally, but why didn't Eomer vote for her? Self-preservation would have been a perfectly logical reason for voting, in my opinion. But he voted Rikae instead. Curious.
Indeed. As I said, though, it may just be that they’re both innocents who found Rikae overwhelmingly suspicious, so that the need to vote her outweighed both personal risk and their suspicion of one another. Which is fair enough. It’s when you add in the timing of their expressed suspicions that it does start to look a bit questionable.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #116
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

What looks odd to me is the fact that Sally's top two suspicions today are the two who've arguably been the most argumentative and loud. But again, especially having Fenrised a wolf already, I'm hesitant to vote either one. I just feel like a wolf in this situation would have been more cautious.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #117
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Time has run out, so-

++Eomer
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #118
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++Legate
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #119
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I ended up not being confident in either one, so I voted my original pick. Doesn't look like it made a difference, though.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #120
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Voting is closed. A dice will be rolled due to the tie.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
werewolf, werewolf game