The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thumbs up Werewolf CX: Insert Title Here - the game thread

It was the turning of the year, and the leaves grew less and less green. There was more work to do than ever despite the shortening days.

Kath
the farmer's mushroom crops were busy becoming bread baked by Shasta and beer brewed by Eomer. Kath was very excited about her new endeavor and even more elated when the harvest was eleventyfold what she was expecting. The members of the town who were not hobbits were still a little doubtful about how the aforementioned fungusy bread and beer would turn out, but time will tell. Eomer was not a hobbit and secretly sent orders to a nearby town to bring in wheat and other real drink making supplies. Shasta was nearing a perfected mushroom loaf recipe in his labakeratory and had been staying up late of late in his excitement.

A Little Green
's incredibly green garden was fueling the autumn frenzy of hearty soups made by Nerwen, while her goats and cats ceased cavorting and began the serious business of fattening up for winter. Very few people suspected the mad plot Greenie was growing on her plot, but that would soon come to fruition. Nerwen souped on, creating a flurry of diced veggies and slicing through the steam of vats of boiling broths, still driven to try to recreate the ethereal soup in the dream she had in her youth.

Aganzir walked around covered in blood from the slaughter, but that was usual for her. She gave the resulting animal fats to Rikae for candles, despite the fact that Rikae had insisted for years that they only made candlesticks.Nobody ever had to make candles. They appeared where they were needed.It had always been, and would always be. So saith the prophecy.

Thinlomien
was kept very busy keeping the houses of everyone, what with nobody having time to keep their own house. One day, she dreamed, she would have a house of her own to keep, instead of renting a tiny room.

Legate
still didn't do much but drink, or think about drinking. He was surprised to find himself intensely drawn to the thought of a new drink made from....mushrooms. Inziladun was doing much less laying about than he liked, due to the fact that most of his favorite flat surfaces were in use. Mostly he would lie in the middle of the road viciously pretending not to hear people complaining about or at him, and he would dream of silence and surfaces covered in softness.

With all of the hustle and bustle and schmustle, it was no wonder that nobody really noticed the newcomer in town...

----------------------------------

Players:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep
A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Legate of Amon Lanc -
Town Drunk
Inziladun -
Town Layabout
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Shasta -
A Bakerof Bread (and only Bread)
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)
Nerwen -
A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job
aganzir -
The Butcher
Oddwen
- A Visitor

Rules:

Deadlines are at approximately 10pm MT/12 Midnight ET/7am Finntime.

In this village there are:

3 Wolves (wolfs) who will try to outnumber the Villagers
8 Villagers (vlgorzz) who will try to eliminate the Wolves

In the case of a tie in votes, a coin will be flipped or a dice will be roll'd.

Votes must be ++highlighted or they will not count. Use the code (highlight)++YOUR VOTE(/highlight) but use brackets [] instead of those curly things ()

(continued...)
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The stranger took some time to watch the visitors at their busywork, and only tripped on Inziladun four times. After a while she learned to not make eye contact with Greenie or her goats, unless she wanted to be assailed by strange noises and even stranger faces. Finally, on the advice of a friendly housewife she headed for The Warging Warg tavern to see about a room for the night.

"Oh, hello," she said as she nearly bumped into the friendly housewife she had just finished saying farewell to. "Didn't I just see you outside?"

"Oh probably," said Thinlomien. "I go outside sometimes." She waved at the stranger as she continued about her friendly housewivery business.

"Oh aye," replied the Tavern Keep. "That's Lommy. She wives all the houses in these parts. Don't ask me what that means exactly, I've no idea. I've room in the basement, very reasonable. You can't miss it, it's next to the mushrooms."

"Would somebody be able to wake me in the morning? If you cannot reach me by PM, you can send an email to oddwen (at) gmail (dot) com or message me on the Book of Faces."

Eomer nodded at the stranger's probable drunken and/or hallucinigenatory nonsense and showed her into the only mildly creepy basement. Legate stopped him as he was returning to his brewing.

"You keep...mushrooms down there?" Legate slurred.

"Aye," said Eomer, his eyes narrowing suspiciously. "So that I can't smell them." When Legate was drunk he could say some weird stuff. And he was always drunk.

Legate swayed contemplatively. "I always liked mushrooms. Really really liked mushrooms."

Eomer would have replied, but a strange squeak at the window made him turn around. satanisaloser2005 was standing outside again, face pressed to the glass and sighing sadly.

"You can come in you know lass," he said.

"I can't," sally replied sadly. "I'm barred from entering."

"No, you're a bard. A BARD," snapped Eomer. "And you increase sales, so get to work! And if anyone tries to pay with mushrooms again, you have my permission to write a really really nasty song about them and play it to their face."

Sally tuned her instrument and began a jaunty tune. Thinlomien tutted and wiped the nosemarks off the glass.........again.

Aganzir, Shasta and Rikae were at a table, listening to Shasta work himself up into a froth about the amazing bread that was nearly perfected. Aganzir was only really interested in the froth, but Rikae was interested in convincing him to keep more reasonable hours, since their houses were very near to each other.

"I don't have a problem with the experimenting," Rikae said. "But I do take issue with the late-night cackling."

"Oh, that's probably me," said Aganzir.

"And the late-night clanking!" continued Rikae.

"That one is me," said Shasta.

"And the infernal late-night howling!" cried Rikae.

"Now that you mention it," mused Shasta. "I have heard some odd noises of late, while late."

Nerwen joined in from a neighboring table, where she was nibbling on some solid food. "I've been hearing them for a while, but I thought it was just Greenie or her goats?"

"Hello!" cried Kath suddenly kicking in the door. She had to, as her arms were full of two giant mushrooms. "Look at these beauties! I bet they will fetch a good price at the market! Maybe as much as nine 'shrooms a pound!"

Suddenly, everyone remembered that they had to go home and get a good night's sleep.

-----------------------

But the visitor didn't know anything of what was happening upstairs. All she knew was that she could rest, and in the morning she could take all of the mushrooms she could carry from the bushels upon bushels of fungus surrounding her. Slowly, she drifted off to sleep...

-------------------------

Night has begun. Wolves may PM. Day begins in 24 hours.

Last edited by Oddwen; 09-18-2015 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I added a jaunty tune. Well, maybe not so jaunty...
Old 09-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

It was a very somber, tightly packed village that wedged itself into the tavern's tiny basement that morning. The pile of mushrooms had shifted in the night. They would have suspected their visitor had left early, skipping out on the bill (and not taking her share of mushrooms) if they hadn't seen the puddle of blood oozing out from beneath the pile.

They would have chalked it up to bad luck, a misplaced unbalancing midnight snack, or a tiny earthquake if they hadn't dug up the body missing its head. Even the people who had to peer over shoulders or around legs from the back of the crowd could see that it had been chewed off at the neck.

They might have thought to go to a nearby constabulary for the authorities if tempers hadn't been so short from the hard work and late nights they had all been putting in of late. As it was, they glared at their nearest neighbors and shifted so that they were elbowing and kneeing as many people as possible.

"Kath, this is because your crop has gotten out of control!" growled Eomer.

"It's your tavern!" retorted Kath.

"Lommy was the last to see her alive!" crowed Shasta.

"Sally! Don't you sleep in the tavern? Did you hear anything?" bellowed Lommy.

"That looks to be about 2000 pounds of mushrooms," said Sally, "And I am ton deaf."

"Sneaky, very strong, murderous, eats heads," Inziladun ticked off the list on his fingers from his position lounging against the wall. "Who or what could have done it?"

"Poor gal," hiccuped Legate. "She didn't have mushroom in the end."

"Somebody or something was howling again last night!" shouted Rikae.

"I heard it too," cried Aganzir.

"Come to think of it, I was woken up a few times by howling," mused Nerwen.

"MUHHHH," said Greenie.

"No, it didn't sound anything like that," replied Rikae.

"Then it can only be...."

"WEREWOLVES!" they chorused.

"My cousin lived in a village that suffered from three or four of those I think," said Nerwen.

"How do you get rid of it?" demanded Lommy.

"By narrowing down people's innocence, of course!"

"And how is that done?" queried Kath.

"MUUHHRRRRRrder!" said Greenie.

"WAIT!" said Aganzir waving her arms for attention above the crescendoing hubbub, nearly clawing off somebody's face. "How do we know when we have gotten rid of them all?"

"Let's pick a number...like three. After we kill three of them we'll consider it done," said Sally decisively.

And with that being the only possible way the problem could be explained or solved, they began the task of arguing a lot.

---------------------------------

Dead:

Oddwen - A Visitor, beheaded and hidden under mushrooms.

Living:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep
A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Legate of Amon Lanc -
Town Drunk
Inziladun -
Town Layabout
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Shasta -
A Baker of Bread (and only Bread)
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)
Nerwen -
A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job
aganzir -
The Butcher

-------------------------

Day 1 has dawned. Wolves stop PMing.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:43 AM   #4
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh dear, nasty business this. Bad for trade, I say, having tourists beheaded. Who is behind this? You know, I've always been wary of that Legate, and Inzil; do we really need a layabout and a drunk in this town? They've probably been biding their time, planning this day for years! The rest of us have no time for that murder stuff, with our busy mediaeval lives.

Speaking of which, do I still get paid for the room?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #5
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In any case, she got a tasty ending. Although - poor Oddwen - her head is missing, so... Maybe she didn't taste it after all.

So anyway, would anybody like a fresh pork dinner while we solve this crime? Entrecôte with Bearnaise sauce? Enchiladas? Ribs and mushrooms?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 AM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Weirdly quiet. Yeah I know we're just 11 but still, the day is half gone.

Speaking of numbers...

3 wolves and 8 villagers. If we lynch two ordos, we're basically toast (would you like a slice of ham to go with that?) - 3-4 at the beginning of day 3. Looks rather bleak to me.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #7
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

...Unless there's a secret role to help us. But that's not very likely is it?

Anyway I think sally, Inzil and Rikae are the wolves because they are the only ones whose occupation isn't even remotely related to food. And if it keeps being this quiet I will vote accordingly. (Heck, I might anyway. It's not exactly as if we have anything to go on.)
Old 09-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, it seems like that loudmouth Aganzir is trying to boss the village around as usual! Wolvish behaviour if you ask me!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

You know I kind of want to joke about being a wolf, or being wolves with you, but considering how important lynching a wolf is, and that there's no way (beside death) to confirm anybody's role... It just doesn't feel worth it!

So I'll be serious. Dead serious.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I have some thoughts about how wolves might present themselves in a game like this, but I'm not gonna get into that before we can at least get a couple of jokey first posts! In any case, we have almost no tools to work with. Well, other than double-lynches or sacrifical lambs. You're the butcher though, Agan. What do you make of our situation?
Old 09-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
You're the butcher though, Agan. What do you make of our situation?
Food.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #12
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay I do have some more thoughts, but they can be summed up with "the odds are against us and we're all gonna die." Anyway I'm off to a party, will be back later to vote.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
So anyway, would anybody like a fresh pork dinner while we solve this crime? Entrecôte with Bearnaise sauce? Enchiladas? Ribs and mushrooms?
Since you asked, an enchilada would be good. Hold the guacamole, and add black beans and Mexican rice.

Quote:
Okay I do have some more thoughts, but they can be summed up with "the odds are against us and we're all gonna die."
Well, the ratio right now is 7-3, obviously. A couple of bad lynches does make it a pretty doomed affair. No Gifteds is a serious handicap. So it's important that everyone show up and vote toDay. This is certainly a case where "I won't vote cos I don't see anyone as suspicious" will play to the baddies.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #14
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
3 wolves and 8 villagers. If we lynch two ordos, we're basically toast (would you like a slice of ham to go with that?) - 3-4 at the beginning of day 3. Looks rather bleak to me.
That's true, but at least our odds of hitting a wolf by pure luck are decent, and after getting one, we'll have something to go on.

I'm actually looking forward to a game based on reasoning and analysis instead of gifted strategy. It's going to be a challenge, but I like a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Anyway I think sally, Inzil and Rikae are the wolves because they are the only ones whose occupation isn't even remotely related to food.
Well, of course the one covered in blood couldn't possibly be responsible for gnawing off someone's head. That would just be too obvious, right?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #15
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
a game based on reasoning and analysis
How's that for optimism?

Well, starting from the hypothesis that wolves, more than ordos, would be hyped for the game and unable to refrain from posting ASAP, I guess I've already got my three wolves in the bag.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well seeing as Aganzir has already channeled my inner pessimist, I'm trying to tone it down. But seriously the odds are not in our favour. (Hehehe I just realised that could be considered a pun. )

There may be a secret role or twist to help us but we shouldn't count on that. Rather, we should just keep our wits around and try or best and if we lose, pull the "the odds were against us from the start" card. Or that's at least how I'm trying to do it. But I'm really hoping I don't need to go on my "I hate random votes on Day1" crusade in this game.

Okay... pessimism, pessimism, pessimism... what else is in my brain? Well: practical matters. The DL is 7am Finnish time, so I'll be voting ridiculously early every day, starting toDay.

Speaking of which, the current amount of data doesn't look very encouraging. Where is everyone?

edit: xed with Eomer, yay!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-20-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Can't a fellow drink in peace?

Answer: apparently can't. Aside from agreeing about the very bleak state of this village's chances, there isn't that much to say. I simply hope we are lucky enough to get a Wolf on Day 1... then again, by pure maths, there is statistically also higher chance of hitting a Wolf... but I bet the WWs are going to do their worst to try to prevent it. So for future Days, looking at who voted how is gonna be crucial. Also, I therefore suggest making the votes as "orderly" as possible - meaning try to avoid spreading them out, so the WWs are actually forced to vote to save their lynchmates... that is, if their lynchmates are among the candidates in the first place. But yeah. I mean, gotta start at least from something, right.

Not that I (and I don't expect many of the Europeans, either) am going to be around for the DL (no chance, please). But anyway... that will be the stuff.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 09-20-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #18
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Well, starting from the hypothesis that wolves, more than ordos, would be hyped for the game and unable to refrain from posting ASAP, I guess I've already got my three wolves in the bag.
What, including yourself?

Legate, what are lynchmates?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #19
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Legate, what are lynchmates?
Meaning: their packmates who are about to be lynched. (The second use of that term should probably have been "packmates" by then.) Basically what I meant: WWs will be forced to vote to save their packmates, if those packmates are in the danger of getting lynched, more so than in a bigger village, because they actually are also hard-pressed to win as soon as possible. That.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #20
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd prefer to vote within an hour - ridiculous, I know, but I blame the timezone. I'd be tempted to vote for a no-show, simply because a game like this is especially easy for quiet, non-committal wolves to sail through while loudmouths promptly kill each other. Unfortunately, voting for someone for "not being present" would hardly be fair if you vote seven hours before deadline..

EDIT: x-ed with Legate
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #21
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Meaning: their packmates who are about to be lynched. (The second use of that term should probably have been "packmates" by then.) Basically what I meant: WWs will be forced to vote to save their packmates, if those packmates are in the danger of getting lynched, more so than in a bigger village, because they actually are also hard-pressed to win as soon as possible. That.
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Of course the village is small, but on the other hand - the wolf-villager ratio is fairly good for them, and with no gifteds to mess things up for them, I'd say our wolves are a lot less in a hurry than the average pack.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #22
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Of course the village is small, but on the other hand - the wolf-villager ratio is fairly good for them, and with no gifteds to mess things up for them, I'd say our wolves are a lot less in a hurry than the average pack.
I know that, but I was trying to present the other side of the issue. Of course the easiest for the WWs is if we just keep blindly lynching innocents and they can just lay low. But the thing is, if they get under fire, they are actually in bigger danger than in a normal village, because there is no infinite crowd of random no-posters to hide in.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #23
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well I must say I think it very rude when I arrive with perfectly lovely mushrooms and everyone runs off. Makes a farmer feel very low that does. Of course, not as low as that poor Oddwen feels. Or would feel, if she, well ...

Sadly, us farmers have to get up at the crack of dawn, and can't be fiddle faddling about with thinking and voting at that time, so mine will have to come right now.

I'd vote any of you lot right now for your 'shroom-ism. But in the interests of trying to make this as fair as a useless vote can be, I'm picking the first person who posted.

++EOMER

EDIT: Didn't refresh since I loaded this at 7pm my time so have x-posted with everyone since then! Whoops.

Last edited by Kath; 09-20-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Didn't refresh since I loaded this at 7pm my time so have x-posted with everyone since then! Whoops.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #24
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I know that, but I was trying to present the other side of the issue. Of course the easiest for the WWs is if we just keep blindly lynching innocents and they can just lay low. But the thing is, if they get under fire, they are actually in bigger danger than in a normal village, because there is no infinite crowd of random no-posters to hide in.
Fair enough. Unless the wolves are the infinite crowd of no-posters

EDIT: x-ed with Kath
Old 09-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #25
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'd vote any of you lot right now for your 'shroom-ism. But in the interests of trying to make this as fair as a useless vote can be, I'm picking the first person who posted.

++EOMER
I know at this point we can't really expect stronger reasoning than this, but this still strikes me as the easiest vote you can possibly cast.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #26
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Also, I therefore suggest making the votes as "orderly" as possible - meaning try to avoid spreading them out, so the WWs are actually forced to vote to save their lynchmates... that is, if their lynchmates are among the candidates in the first place.
In a village this small, trying not to spread out the votes very nearly translates to "lynch the first person who gets a vote", and of course, wolves can vote early with confidence that it isn't someone on their own side, and we can't.

All we have is talk, so we need to maximize the talk. The more debate, the better the trail.

EDIT: Whoa, X'd with Kath's vote onward.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #27
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So, what have we got so far -

Eomer being chatty and pointing fingers in the usual manner.

Aganzir trying to steal my occupation as the village pessimist. Having a bit of a devil-may-care attitude too, which might point at her innocence. I don't know.

Inziladun got on my bad side by making me hungry. Mmm enchiladas with guacamole... Other than that, hard to say. Literally basic Inzil, which statistically probably equals wolf.

Rikae enjoys the challenge? Good - we should keep her around as a wünderbaum... erm I mean, to keep the air fresh and optimistic.

Legate sounds like a parody of himself, only with shorter posts. I wonder if he's doing it intentionally or not.

Greenie is basically just trying to have a chat with someone and questioning their wording. Also absolutely typical.

...yeah, surprising conclusion, nobody seems super suspicious so far!

I would like to see more posts before I vote, but I really have to go to sleep within an hour, preferably sooner than later. Seeing as nothing really stands out, I don't feel very good about just randomly voting someone basically just because they posted, but voting someone just because they didn't post yet seems like an equally stupid move. Argh. Like literally my best lead at the moment is to vote Inzil because he is always a wolf... *scratches head*

edit: xed with Kath and everyone after her
Old 09-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #28
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Bedtime, I'm afraid.

++Inzil

Because this is the closest to a suspicious thing I've seen this far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Well, the ratio right now is 7-3, obviously. A couple of bad lynches does make it a pretty doomed affair. No Gifteds is a serious handicap. So it's important that everyone show up and vote toDay. This is certainly a case where "I won't vote cos I don't see anyone as suspicious" will play to the baddies.
It almost looks as if he took a moment to reflect on how an innocent would feel in this situation, then listed all the points he came up with. It does seem pretty doomed, oh dear there are no gifteds that's such bad news for us, and let's all be nice good innocent villagers ok? It's not much, but it's the best I've got.

Good night.

EDIT: x-ed with Lomzy <3
Old 09-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #29
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I know at this point we can't really expect stronger reasoning than this, but this still strikes me as the easiest vote you can possibly cast.
Well, there isn't very much to cast anyway, for that matter. Speaking of that,

Quote:
Fair enough. Unless the wolves are the infinite crowd of no-posters
I would like to vote for a "no-poster" (at least in order to threaten the Wolves to come into the spotlight and exactly not be the crowd of no-posters). Sadly however, given that I expect most of the non-European crowd to start posting only later, can't really do it now. Maybe if I wanted to post for someone out of those who have posted so far, Lommy was possibly the "least poster" (along with Kath, but to be honest I am surprised she voted at all, not usual for her Day 1s... hmm... so in fact... maybe she's a Wolf and therefore knows about the game, since she already has been informed during the Night that it starts?)... not that anyone has posted anything much of substance, but at least people have been engaged in discussion, however pointless that was. Not that it helps anything, because it depends on the nature of every person.

Whatever. I will see after a while what comes out of this, if there are more posts etc.

EDIT: x-ed with Rikae, Lommy (that negates what I just said about her) and Greenie
Old 09-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #30
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Typically outrageous behaviour from Kath. Although, I suspect a wolf-Kath would probably just ignore the Day One vote and come in all late and innocent and apologetic. Whatever else, we should all vote today, however badly reasoned; so I at least approve of that.

The price of her ale just went up, mind.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #31
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
In a village this small, trying not to spread out the votes very nearly translates to "lynch the first person who gets a vote", and of course, wolves can vote early with confidence that it isn't someone on their own side, and we can't.
Yes, what I meant was something like that ideal state is having like two candidates, not more. (Although looking at the votes cast so far, I am not very happy about that. So maybe it will just naturally gravitate towards "let's see what the first Day brings us". But I hope future Days will have some field rather in the sense of having as few major choices as possible; well, they'd better, anyway.)

Quote:
All we have is talk, so we need to maximize the talk. The more debate, the better the trail.
Certainly. That's why I really hope the non-Europeans will do their part. Sadly can't stay around for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
...yeah, surprising conclusion, nobody seems super suspicious so far!
Ok, just a remark - this sounds to me kinda a bit too "nice". Like, obviously, in terms of content, it is true - but we all know that - you can't really judge very much based on the four and half posts we have here so far - but this sounds a bit like unnecessary addendum to say. Which could be in order to clean one's hands from any lynch that shall be made and just keeping out of fire ("but I didn't suspect anyone and my vote was purely random, you know what I said there").

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer
Old 09-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #32
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't know why Legate keeps insisting we should stick to as few voting options as possible. I feel like that's giving the wolves a free pass à la "look puppies, here's the menu toDay, which one would you like?" Especially toDay we should just see where the lynch goes, because us Europeans don't really have much to go on while the later voting Americans hopefully have more reasonable reasons to vote someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Although, I suspect a wolf-Kath would probably just ignore the Day One vote and come in all late and innocent and apologetic. Whatever else, we should all vote today, however badly reasoned; so I at least approve of that.
Now that you said this... Am I a terrible person because I feel like voting Nerwen just because I think she's not going to vote toDay and that's kind of more crucial in this game than normally?
Old 09-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #33
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I always think of Nerwen as being particularly bad for missing Day One votes, but maybe with this deadline she'll be in the best possible position to cast a critical eye over today's shenanigans at the deadline.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #34
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
To Mordor: random power outages and trying to type on a mobile device.

Hopefully I'll have the real computer back soon, because quoting people and stuff is bloody near impossible.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #35
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Back later than anticipated but hey, there were two bearded drag queens and I couldn't possibly miss their shows. Writing this in the bus.

Quote:
I'm actually looking forward to a game based on reasoning and analysis instead of gifted strategy. It's going to be a challenge, but I like a challenge
I modded a no-gifted game with about 5 ordos more than here and the wolves swept a lynchless victory. Granted they were a very good pack, but my faith in reasoning and analysis is somewhat weaker than yours, especially as there's a crucial thing missing - time. So all in all I kind of agree with Legate(?) who said the wolves have more of a reason to be excited.

Feeling okay-ish of Team Finn (Legate, Greenie and Lomster).
Eomer seems outrageously suspicious and is therefore probably innocent.
Knowing the game has started is kind of a point against Kath.
Inzil is a question mark, could be persuaded to suspect him because of what somebody pointed out (effort to go through the rules from an innocent perspective) but won't yet.
Rikae feels a tiny bit iffy but not enough to act on it yet.

Oh hell I just missed my bus stop. Brb

Last edited by Aganzir; 09-20-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: fixed quote and bolding
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #36
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I guess I can see Greenie's reasoning, at least for a Day 1. Seems a little dodgy though that she went that way after a comment about Kath making an easy vote.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #37
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

No can do, gotta vote and sleep:

++Legate

He's the only one who's really caught my attention this far (obviously ) in any way, both by sounding like he's a parody of himself - which, granted, could be just him sounding like himself, but could also mean he's trying too hard to sound like his normal self - and by making slightly weird points about focusing the votes.

Now I'm far from convinced he's a wolf but I don't really have any better leads at the moment. Good night and Night! Vote well.

edit: xed with Zil and Agan
Old 09-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #38
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, want to vote soon too, so just very quickly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I always think of Nerwen as being particularly bad for missing Day One votes, but maybe with this deadline she'll be in the best possible position to cast a critical eye over today's shenanigans at the deadline.
Eomer is being so far absolutely awful as far as his posting is concerned, but I think that's maybe rather a sign of a classic Eomer and not Wolfishness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I guess I can see Greenie's reasoning, at least for a Day 1. Seems a little dodgy though that she went that way after a comment about Kath making an easy vote.
This is dodgy by itself; as in, would be easy way to cast a suspicion (a bit in self-defense, too), then again, it is really an observation of how Greenie voted. Personally though I don't have anything against Greenie's vote as it is: it is really just fairly random, because at that point there wasn't really much to base it on.

As for general overview...

Lommy: now if she is evil, her vote against me is obviously retaliation. If she isn't, then, well she isn't (ok, need to go to sleep soon). I mentioned that some of the stuff looked fishy, but again, we are on Day 1 and there really isn't much to operate with.
Agan: looks more like being innocent than not. Like one of the few I would totally give a pass for toDay based on how they posted.
Greenie: Bah. At least she's been actively posting; so that's one reason why not to cast a vote for her; the posting hasn't been in any way suspicious and did seem in fact maybe even a bit more like innocent Greenie than not.
Rikae: Very little to go on. Reasonable, but one post, so come on. Can't really say much from that.
Eomer: what I just said. Probably won't vote him as that would be completely random (hmm, but if he remained being just random, he'd deserve that though...)
Inzil: what I also just said. There is maybe a bit of weird vibe, but again, what can one do with two and half posts.
Kath: Honestly, that's effectively just a vote. What I said (and Agan mentioned too) stands, however: I think she'd be more likely to show around if she happens to be a Wolf and thus some packmates alerted her about the game. But that's a) metareasoning and I don't trust that by default, b) Kath would probably anyway behave independantly of whether somebody told her or not and however things were. So it's a bit similar case to Greenie; just too random. Probably not my vote.
sally: expect her to appear later, leaving her out of my calculations for now
Shasta: ditto
Nerwen: well, what Lommy said... but I think I am just leaving her out of this for now.

That's it, I guess... will think for a bit and then vote.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #39
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay home and I really need to sleep.

I kind of want to vote for sally for old times' sake (and when is she ever innocent anyway? ) but will refrain because a quarter of the votes have been cast on different people already.

++Inzil

Because I don't want to spread it too much, Legate is food-looking (that's a legit typo but I AM LEAVING IT THERE) and there's zero reason to vote for Eomer. Sorry Zil but at least you're not a gifted.

Exit Aganzir, pursued by a bear in a dress (I wish).
Old 09-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #40
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok, voting and going too.

Looking at Zil's post as a sum, and given that he already has two votes, I don't actually have anything against trying to vote him. There is not much better reasoning against anybody else anyway. (What I just said in my previous post.)

++Inzil

Hmm. So good Night, villagers... or: good rest of the Day for you; I hope there will be everyone showing up and lot of posting and some enlightening discussion, too, and all.

Hope to see you toMorrow.

Tags
werewolf, werewolf game