The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2002, 07:56 PM   #1
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting LotR Merchandice you WANT to see...but probably won't...

I was reading the thread about merchandise you wouldn't want. Well how bout the stuff we wish was on the market? For me I would like:

A Bag-end Doll house, complete with Bilbo action figure. It sounds stupid but I think it would be fun.

A book of 101 songs and poems by Bilbo Baggins.

Anyone else?
Old 11-04-2002, 08:17 PM   #2
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

A decent looking chess set would be nice. All the ones I've seen look dumb.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #3
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Resin statues of the Argonauth that would be for your garden. A statue of Gandalf holding a plaque that said "speak friend and enter", also for the garden. These could be about 3 feet tall or so. There could be lots of garden items with a middle earth theme!
Old 11-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

A children's book (but one that grownups could read too) called "My First Book of Elvish." Yes, it's silly, but I like these things - if you don't know a language AT ALL, one of the best things you can do is get a well-illustrated children's book that has simple sentences and labels over all the objects. It won't help your sentence-structure too much, but it will give you a vocabulary, which it's good to have before you start getting into serious syntax. And it's a little easier to browse through relaxedly than a Tolkien-languages website...they're nice, but there's an awful lot of material being pushed at you at once, and it's easy to bog down a bit.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:41 AM   #5
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dūm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Blueprints to build your own real Bag-end.
LotR keychain..... I swear I haven't seen any at all anywhere!
Canoes like the ones Galadriel gave the Fellowship.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:37 PM   #6
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Diamond18, is this set one you've seen?

Just wondering. I will have these sets available soon on the Barrow Treasures store site. (A bit pricey though, $559 each!)
Old 11-05-2002, 01:44 PM   #7
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

That is pretty durn cool! I'd buy it (but I'm broke!)
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:47 PM   #8
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

No, Thenamir, I never saw that one! Very cool: it looks really good. The price though...oh my...maybe someday! And then of course there will be matching sets for TTT and RotK...*falls off chair at thought*.

Thanks for posting that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 05:53 PM   #9
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow that is cool. Ah to be rich, I wish. I would DEFINATLY like to see Bilbo's songs complete with MUSIC!!! Ah. Bliss! And ME elvish instruments! And the music for the song about Tinuviel and Beren! I would do . . . almost anything for that! (I'm a music major, can you tell?)

I would like to see a "bust" collection. Y'know, the statues of heads? One set of the fellowship, and one set of Thorin and co., and one set of the Valar, and one set of the Istari, and . . . you get the idea. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:56 PM   #10
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

$559?! That's more money than I have in total...

Wow...this was surprisingly clean...I was expecting blowup Legolas dolls (like the blowup women...ick...mental image) or something.

Actually, what I want is an entire collection of lifesize Fellowship statues (not cardboard, I want them 3-D). Actually, I think that lifeseze wax figures of all of them would be really cool. I do not know where I would put them, but I just think it would be really great to have them. You know: like Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum? Those are so amazing and lifelike...real clothing and everything. They even put on birthmarks where the people really have them and everything...you have to do double-takes when you are in a room because you do not know whether that's really Al Roker or a wax figure (it turned out to be a wax figure...scared the living daylights out of me, though).

That's what I want for Christmas!

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 11-05-2002, 06:55 PM   #11
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I would like to see LotR pillowcases! lol.. I don't know if they have any but thats ok. Or...hmmm LotR Everything would be nice...
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 07:08 PM   #12
Mintyztwin
Wight

Sting

If I got a Nazgul bedspread, my mom would totally freak! Heh heh heh. I should get one! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] (Just kidding.)

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Old 11-05-2002, 07:11 PM   #13
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

All I want is a lousy coffee cup! Not a figure head cup, just your normal kind with some picture from one of the famous tolkien artists like Eissman or Lee.

How come you can go into Barnes & Noble and buy Harry Potter coffee cup (like kids drink coffee!) but you can't get a LoTR cup?
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 11-05-2002, 08:46 PM   #14
Mintyztwin
Wight

Sting

Hmm. . . . good question. Especially considering those chintzy Burger King light up mugs. Blarg. I WANT A COFFEE MUG TOO!!! You have disrupted my contentment! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2002, 11:16 PM   #15
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

How about some lembas??
Why not... they sell those Harry Potter candies... the beans are gross!!!!!!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 06:11 AM   #16
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yum! Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans are GOOD! They have tastes like chocolate, popcorn, toast, and lots more.
Uh....back to Lord of the Rings....

Gandalf's Fireworks. I liked those little butterfly ones.

Wallpaper that looks like different places in Middle earth. That way you could put Rivendell wallpaper up and feel like your in Rivendell or Shire walllpaper and feel like your in the Shire.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:36 PM   #17
Mintyztwin
Wight

Sting

That, mi amigo, is una idea excellente!!! (Pardon my double-languages!) What I would like, and is probably out there, is a huge composite map of Middle Earth (third age) One about 40" x 60" (approx). I think that would just be to spiffin' for words!

Old 11-06-2002, 05:54 PM   #18
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Quote:
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans are GOOD! They have tastes like chocolate, popcorn, toast, and lots more
I smell a Jelly Belly rip-off...can't Harry Potter just be original?

I want a course on Elvish (both Quenya and Sindarin) to be published with all they know of the language and for it to be done so much like the textbooks for foreign languages that are actually spoken in the world. You know: with the little cartoons that are labelled and all that...
Old 11-06-2002, 09:47 PM   #19
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Rose, you are just full of incredible ideas!

The Bag End Play set sounds fun and makes me want Rivendel and Lothlorien playsets.

But the Middle Earth Wallpaper was Inspired! Can you imagine how many people would buy "The Doors of Moria" or "Lothlorien"?

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 11-06-2002, 11:31 PM   #20
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Yep! I want that wallpaper! "Golden Leaves of Lorien" in my dining room, The "banquet Hall of Rivendell" for the family room. "Autumn Washday" would be pretty!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:31 PM   #21
Adastrea
Animated Skeleton

Adastrea has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOOO! Wallpaper=yes please! And the bed that Frodo wakes up in in Rivendell, the idea of a statue for a bead head is so different. The film is different to how I imagined things in my own mind, but I'm a big fan of Art nouveau, and the Elven homes and art in the films reminds me of it so much!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:12 AM   #22
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

AARGH!! Can anybody tell me where i can find the One Ring? I've searched everywhere but I cant find it!! It is..my preciousssssssss....LOL just kidding! Wallpaper, yes! Statue bed head, yes! This may sound degrading but its not! I want Galadriel's mirror. It would be a beautiful birdbath, but I would probably jst keep it in my room.
Seriously though, I think that for serious LotR fanatics like us they should start building hobbit-holes and renting or selling them. I think it would be great to live in a hobbit hole! what about you?
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #23
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Now that's not a bad idea...LotR-themed holidays! No, seriously, they could have left some of the stuff up in NZ, or another location (possibly Scotland - as Billy Boyd said of New Zealand, "Maybe it's Scotland as seen by a hobbit!"). How cool would that be?! Two weeks living in a hobbit-hole (only human-sized so you didn't end up with concussion whenever you stood up), with coach trips to places like Rivendell, Lothlórien, Edoras etc.

WICKED!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #24
Nari
Haunting Spirit

Nari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nari
Silmaril

Personally, I would like to see Legolas's hair care. Have you short, dark hair? Get Legolas's Hair Care and be a dazzling blonde! You shan't get one of your perfect hairs out of place, ever! Oh, yeah.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:58 PM   #25
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the doors of moria. that would freak me out if i walked down the road and someone actually had those set in the walls of their house!
Old 01-11-2003, 10:39 PM   #26
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

let's see here...
a reenactment (or even summer camp) where you could actually go on the quest to destroy the ring. Like start in Hobbiton, go to Bree, end @ Mount Doom (or Gondor, depending on which path you choose).
A bow like the one Legolas has in the movies.
Laser eye surgery so good you can see like an Elf.
Shadowfax.
My own treehouse (sorry, talan)like the ones in Lorien, complete with massive mallorn trees and a lifetime supply of lembas.
A One Ring that actually had the inscription that showed up when you pushed a little button (or put it on). Actually, I figured it out--Embed fiber optics or something else that would glow red and bingo! you've got it. Or that mood ring stuff, if you can get it to turn only red.
A university where you could major in Elvish or The History of Middle-earth. Or maybe a trade school where you could learn to forge rings of power or Elvish blades.
To bring Tolkien back (sigh) and make him finish developing Quenya and write a book about the Avarin Elves.
A great big stuffed Oliphaunt.
A real Sting that glows blue when people you don't like are near.
A version of Lord of the Rings completely translated and transcribed in Quenya.
umm...that's all I can think of for now.

[ January 11, 2003: Message edited by: Roccotari Eldandil ]
Old 01-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #27
Farrehn
Pile O'Bones

Farrehn has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Personally I would like King Theodin's sword! That thing is really cool! I was like drooling over it in the theaters! (They might make it though to sell)
I would also Like Galadriel's headpiece, that thing is beautiful!
All the clothes the Elves wear!
Aragorn's daggar/knife thing he got from Galadriel.
Both of Legolas's bows and arrows and quiver and his knife things too.
Gimli's axes, all three or four of them! (I'm into weapons, can ya tell?)
Old 01-12-2003, 01:35 AM   #28
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One thing that I really want them to make is a Legolas cardboard standee, just Legolas.

Note: I am not a rabid Orlando Bloom fan, I am actually far from it, It is for my sister truely. She is the big Orlando Bloom fan in the family

Because the only one that they sell is one of Gimli and Legolas, now I have nothing against Gimli, but I why don't they have a just Legolas one yet.
A lot of those ideas are very cool, would love LOTR stone garden items.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #29
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

hobbitlass-I have 3 lotr keychains! One is Sting-it glows blue when you press a teeny little button that nobody notices; one is the Eye of Sauron (also light-up) and the other is a little model of the front of Bag End. Try looking at Target.

I hope someone on the barrowdowns is itching to start a huge successful company...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:33 PM   #30
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Actually, I was thinking about this for some reason at school the other day. I was thinking of all these cool little toys they could put out on the market. Here are some I thought of:

1. An action figure of Frodo that loses a finger when you press a button.

2. A doll of a Balrog that you can take its wings on and off depending on whether you think they have them or not.

3. A Galadriel doll that if you press a botton or something her eyes bludge out and her hair sticks straight up.

4. A Gandalf and Pippin set. Pippin comes with a skeleton that you can make the head come off of it. Gandalf has a button on it that you push and it says, "Fool of a Took!"

5. An Arwen paper doll set. {How many outfits does that Elf girl own anyway?}

6. A "tickle-me Elmo" type doll that is Gollum. It says many lines like, "My Precious", "We wants it!", "He tricksss us", and "Nice Fishhesss". {Not recommended for younger children due to possible death from fright.}

That is about all for now. I thought of more, but I forgot them. Ya know, I think I should start my own line of LOTR toys and collectables. It would be quite fun. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:37 AM   #31
Dimannūnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannūnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Apparently there is some guy making both decorative and working replicas of the Mirkwood bows (The green ones, like Legolas uses in FOTR and the elves as Helm's Deep use in TTT). Have a look on Ebay. Sadly, they are in the US and I'm in the UK.
Dimannūnien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:38 AM   #32
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Roccotari!!! that is an AWESOME idea!
Quote:
I want a course on Elvish (both Quenya and Sindarin)
Awesome idea....i forget who said it though.
i want one of the Lorien bows.
I think if i ever get really rich im going to build myself a human-sized hobbit hole (much like Bag End) and live in it to the end of my days...hehe. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
AAH POWER RANGERS IS ON THE TV AND I DIDNT NOTICE!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #33
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

An arwen doll that blows up at the push of a button.

Perhaps I have some issues...
Old 01-18-2003, 12:34 PM   #34
engwaalphiel
Haunting Spirit

engwaalphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

you can get (i've seen it on some merchie site) a replica of the ring and get this ! when you throw it into fire the inscription shows up!

um what else .....
The wallpaper thing sounded great....
Hobbit feet slippers! relax around your home hobbit style!

"Utślie'n aurė! Aiya Eldaliė ar Atanatįri, utślie'n aurė!
engwaalphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 02:59 PM   #35
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think they should sell the MASSIVE computer battle program for home use, and of course it would include a pair of virtual reality goggles and a selection of weapons to choose from as you battle the evil hordes... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:34 PM   #36
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok, the arwen blow-up doll thing just inspired me again. I have thought of some more toys!!! {Continuing from those I have mentioned. And again, I may seem a bit strange for thinking of these, and no offense to anyone who loves the characters. This is merely humor to me.}

7. A Sam doll that comes with an attachable Frodo you have to struggle to pull apart. {To symbolize Frodo and Sam's friendship, not...ya know. Cause they're not...ya know.} [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

8. A Frodo doll that whenever you try pulling the ring away from him, his arms stretch out to grab it and his eyes buldge.

9. An Arwen doll that has an attachable head you can chop off. Then, you can put the head back on and do it again! Oh what fun that would be...{I really liked that blow-up Arwen thing, so this kinda comes from that.}

10. A Merry doll that comes with an apple he can eat and eat and eat, but it never runs out of apple to eat. {This was inspired by the numerous times you saw Merry in FOTR eating an apple. It was like...every shot of him.}

Anyway, that's all I can think of. I would really like to make some of these one day. Maybe I can pay some company to make them for me or something. That Arwen thing would be quite fun to play with.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:37 PM   #37
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When I grow up, and after I become an interior designer. I am planning to create a LOTR themed room in my house, To house all my movie and book things. I want to get a mural painter to come in and to paint one wall with the doors of moria, another wall Rivendell themed, one Lorien themed and another with a wall and a window that is round like in Bag End. And then I will have a great place to put all my offical movie posters (and hopefully a lot of other things I hope to get in the next few years [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), and other things to remember it by.
Another thing I want them to make is stone garden statues of those ones in Rivendell of the elves, I also think it would be great to have stone garden statues of Merry and Pippin (small ones) so you can have them running through your garden stealing mushrooms
[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #38
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I would really like to make some of these one day. Maybe I can pay some company to make them for me or something.
I can see the advertising now. Murderous fun at the touch of a button. Cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

How about a little robot Frodo that wanders round the house, saying things like "I will take it" and "Sam!" at regular intervals. You could even follow it up with a robot Sam, or an entire robot fellowship! You could take them shopping with you, all in one long line!

Wellies or boots with hair attatched? How far can you go without becoming worryingly weird?
Old 01-26-2003, 11:10 PM   #39
Lord Tohlos
Pile O'Bones

Lord Tohlos has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I would like a robotic Boromir...that would be cool. That MASSIVE thing is a good idea...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (is imagining how many elves he could kill) A robotic Gimli too! All of Boromirs things, clothes, shield, sword, and Horn. Ummm....Im gonna make an LOTR section of my house when I build it...(rambles on and on)

"Elves? Pah! I would rather fight with an army of Orcs then fight with Elves!"
Lord Tohlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:00 AM   #40
Ardwenna
Pile O'Bones

Ardwenna has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would like the staff that Gandalf has in TTT. I think I'd also like a replica of the ring that Aragorn wears in TTT.

Maybe middle-earth toliet paper? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]