The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #1
Farrehn
Pile O'Bones

Farrehn has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye What would be you perfect weapon(s)?

Try to keep it under ten weapons per post please. But what I want is a description of your charactor's perfect weapon(s) and you can inclue if you're Elvish or Dwarvish or even Enttish! Here's an example.

My perfect weapon, being a half-elf, would be my faithful black blade Cin. the bringer of death. His is my eyes in the dark and my ears when I am sencesless. His bloodchannel runs deep through his long black form. His cold black silversteel glistening against the night sky. It is my tool of death, the Darkness is his home and when I draw him from his half scabbard, his sing the song of death in the ears of my enemies, just as I will sing my children to sleep every night. He is the Darkness consuming my soul. No longer does he drink the blood of Men and Elf and Dwarf. But his lust is after the blood of Orcs and Trolls and Wargs. He will drink with full cup, but never be filled. He will never be satisfyed until his singing eldges have spilt the blood of the Darkn Lord, his master of long ago. Before the fall of Men. He is the master of blades, the thorn among lilies.
That was kind of long, but hey, Cin is my blade!

[ January 11, 2003: Message edited by: Farrehn ]
Old 01-11-2003, 02:49 AM   #2
Deathwail
Haunting Spirit

Deathwail has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Seeing as i would be a Olog Hai uber Troll i would think about any large mace or club would do.I dont know about you guys but i see a twelve hundred pound Troll coming at me swinging a tree trunk size club i would not be thinking of standing my ground. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #3
Corvwyn

Sting

Beeing a man of Gondor I would prefer a sturdy longsword perfectly balanced for quick strikes.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #4
Olaf Von Lichenstein

Sting

Being a faithful Elven warrior (Damn, theres no gnomes in Middle Earth) I would prefer the sturdy lonbow above all else. Nothing shall stand in my way!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

im one of those people who are never satisfied until their entire body is covered in weapons. i have about 8 daggers about my person, and usually two longswords, and also a crossbow, a longbow sometimes, and occasionally a small axe. and usually some kind of magic spell/potion thing. and spurs on my boots- great for jabbing someone in the leg.
that qualifies as a light load, btw [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] but if i ever come to an unfriendly town/village, its best to carry one or two concealed daggers only, unless you're a registered ranger or soldier. otherwise just avoid the places entirely [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 05:49 PM   #6
Malamute
Pile O'Bones

Malamute has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm.....

A Quarterstaff made from the tree of life....... thats would be sweet.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

All I would need would be a sword, crafted by the Elves. I am not much of an archer, so I would want to keep things as simple as possible. It would need to be a long sword, lightweight, and you would beable to use it with two hands (sorry to all those people who are into weapons, I do not know much of the vocabulary of them or anything)
Old 01-12-2003, 06:32 PM   #8
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I would love a bastard sword. Not crafted by elves. I don't like their weopons that much. I'd like a longsword too and a short sword or a long dagger. Those both would have to be light and relatively thin. And then I'd have a giant sword. That would be kind of heavy so I could deal massive blows. And I'd like an axe. It wouldn't be huge. It would be one I could weild with one hand. I'd have a sheild of course, but that really doesn't count as a weapon. I might have a good flail or a good mace. I'd have at least one hidden dagger or dirk for emergencies only. And I might have some throwing knives. And probably some throwing axes. If a huge troll with a giant maul came after me, I'd just launch some axes at it's face.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
Deathwail
Haunting Spirit

Deathwail has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Olog Hai = Armored like a Tiger Tank [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #10
Isilmëiel
Animated Skeleton

Isilmëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A bow probably...perhaps some knives or a sword for when I run out of arrows. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 05:19 PM   #11
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

I'd definately have a longbow, I wouldnt be able to use it cos there bloody hard to use (tried last summer, it was fun) but it'd look good! lol
I'd have a large dagger thing and some concealed knives. I think having some really sharp darts would be good cos if sdomeones is running at you and you throw a dart they will find it hard to stop. PLus I like playing darts.

Oh, a gun would be quite hand y to o. Perhaps one of those automatic machine guns that just keeps firing for ages (dont get techincal with me). Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go back to ME with a gun, you could win Helm's Deep quite convicingly if you had a machine gun and several hundred rounds of ammo, cool!
Old 01-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #12
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

My weapons. Not too many. I would love a longbow with quite a few arrows, of course, to go along with it. A beautiful elvish longbow it would be, with elegant elvish designs running up and down the wood of the bow and arrows.
I'd also want a sword for when my arrow supply would run out. It would also be elvish, and it would have designs on the handle and blade. It would be a very strong sword, one that would never break.
Also a dagger or two for those necessary moments...of course elvish also. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #13
Aragost
Wight

Aragost has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragost
Sting

I would prefer an elven sword made of mithril. It would also have a few emeralds in the hilt.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:57 PM   #14
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My weopons are a elven long bow and a whip laced with pieces of metal and bone. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #15
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

generally, a dagger. long, keen blade, leather covered handle,nothing fancy. It'd be easy to hide and easy to get to. Bows have their uses, too, and I'm currently trying to get my uncle to make me a staff like Gandalf's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Maylin ]
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:38 PM   #16
Abigail the Just

Sting

A sword, a shield, and (most importantly) a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #17
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

elven bow like legolas
and a silver sword with elven script saying day shall come again(in elvish) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:42 PM   #18
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

a nice staff(been in fights with them before,it doesn't take much for practice and playfights to get rough,and they friggin' hurt!thier fun though)and a dagger

I don't like the idea of carrying too many weapons,the dagger can be used for almost anything(cooking,hacking brush,defense)and the staff can be good for*ahem* a limping girl's walking stick
excheeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #19
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

maybe two long knive and a elvish dagger
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:25 AM   #20
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

(Pondering) My favorite weapons are a rapier/dagger set, but if we are sticking to Middle Earth weaponry, perhaps it could be adjusted to a good Elvish dagger and short sword (about Sting's size).
Old 01-14-2003, 04:57 AM   #21
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Being a Noldor, my favourite weapon would be Gurthang, Turin's sword, simply because it kills anything it touches.

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:06 AM   #22
Mazin

The Eye

I uruk am so i use blade with pioson that kill u instantly, or i hope so...............
Old 01-14-2003, 06:22 AM   #23
Jurion
Haunting Spirit

Jurion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Being an Elf I'd choose a longsword crafted by the smiths of Gondolin, very similiar to Glamdring and Orcrist. And probably an Elvish dagger as well. And maybe a shield.

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Jurion ]
Jurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #24
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As an elf, my weapon of choice would definitely be a longbow. With my good eye, my enemies would not be standing for long!

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #25
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Being a Maia, Would I really want to fight or need a weapon? But if I did it would be a pair of Kuni, Ruby encrusted and wrought of Mithril. And a long bow, of Lorien with a set of Mithril arrows...
Old 01-15-2003, 01:55 AM   #26
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

This is a hard question for me to answer, because a big chunk of what I know about weapons comes from games. I used to think I'd like a halberd, they're good defense and offense, or it seems, but a friend tells me they're pretty heavy. That being said, I'd like a crossbow and maybe a spear, or perhaps an axe, being a Halfling warrior. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:00 AM   #27
Tenduriel
Animated Skeleton

Tenduriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

according to my origin, slender bows and green feathered arrows should be my favorite weapons, silent in use and more efficient than the bloody slashing blades of mortal men, for I am raised in the far forrests of Lothlórien in the days when the world was young. long I have thought I was Elven, but when the days of our departure came, I found out that I was lied to. because my father was a mortal man, a warrior of the ancient people of Arnor named Faruom; so I was told by Celebrían. I left my mother and went to the north, roaming in the cold lands of the fallen kingdom of Arnor. in Fornost it was that I found his grave, a simple tombstone on a low hill, but the inscriptions told me about his part in longforgotten battles, and it appeared to me he was a hero, a concept alien to the mind of the Elves. that night I stayed there, keeping vigil over this little spot of earth that suddenly had become sacred to me. and in the night a voice came to me, and following its instructions I arrived in a depression not far from the grave, and there I started digging. long I digged, and when I finally looked up I saw the midday sun sparkle above the hazes. but no weariness came over me, for I had found a treasure! when the sun appeared over the broken edge of the pit I saw a flash of silver, and when I layed my hands on the metal grip I lifted up a mighty sword, silver-blue, unaffected by the years it had been burried! ancient runes ran over the blade and they appeared to move, like the waves of the Western Sea. "I am Ingawen, forged by dwarves hands in the dungeons of Fornost, blade-of-water, servant of Faruom, descendant of Elendil," it read, and I knew I had found my legacy.

long ages have passed since that day, and even though I am half Man I have not died. so perhaps the elven blood in me is stronger. still, I do not long for distant coasts: my home is here, in Middle-Earth where the shadows grow longer every year, and the winter of times has begun. just a few elven relatives live in these modern times, forgotten by Men, and all the evil creatures have hidden in deep caves, growing stronger with darkness. soon, I can feel it in the vibrations of earth, they will come to the surface again, when Men do not expect them. Orcs and Balrogs, and Trolls.

and the time of mighty swords, if ever ended, will return.

O mór henion i dhû - Ely siriar, êl síla - Ai! Aniron Undómiel - Tiro! Êl eria e môr. - I 'lîr en êl luitha 'uren. - Ai! Aniron
Tenduriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:10 PM   #28
Jian

Sting

i'd like a one handed short sword. i would be royalty if i could regardless. the sword would be made of unbreakable steel and i would also be a magic-user so it would be enchanted. it would be sharp and light, able to go against a katana any day. i love swords and have one like the one i'm describing, mostly. the sword would be my only weapon but i'd be sure to have an archer around! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 02:58 PM   #29
Bill Ferny
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bill Ferny has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

You know those pitch-n-catch nets? Perfect weapon for Bill Ferny... just lift it up real quick, and IN YOUR FACE SAMWISE GAMGEE!
Old 01-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #30
lore_master
Wight

lore_master has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(olog hia's are sun-resistant trolls)

but i would have a black rune blade, elven long bow (with runes),2 daggers, short sword, and maybe an axe. by the way i am a quarter elf quarter man, and quarter miar [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ranger hehe
Old 01-15-2003, 11:48 PM   #31
Farrehn
Pile O'Bones

Farrehn has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I liked all the descriptions of bows and daggars and swords and so on.
Keep 'em comming guys, I like to read them!
If I had another choice on weaponry, I would take Legolas's bow he got from Galadriel, but he would probably kill me before I laid hands on it, and Gimli with him, saying I would insult the Lady. So I guess I'll have to tell her I want one . . so yeh.! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:38 AM   #32
YesIndeed

Thumbs up

Being an elf, I would carry a light double edged longsword as my weapon of preference. I'd have a hidden dagger in each sleeve & boot. I'd also have a dagger at my waist & a longbow on my back. Perfect.
Old 01-16-2003, 03:15 PM   #33
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Well, first I'd have to say that I am no ordinary creature on Middle Earth (Yes, I am going to have fun with this). I am half-man and half-maia. So, I would be immortal and powerful; but because of the Edain blood in me, I would not be equal to an Istari in power. OK, onto weapons. The man in me would, of course, value a sword above all. Because of my "impressive" ancestry, I forged my own sword and gave it magical powers similar to say Gluthrang. I would not have a shield because although my sword is light enough to be wielded by one hand, there are occasions when a little extra "chopping power" is helpful. Like Aragorn, I would also carry a bow with me for those sniping jobs and other non-close combat. I'd have a few throwing knives as well as a dagger. But most importantly, I would have
Quote:
a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
. Or more than one. The more the merrier. Well, in moderation. Stealth is best kept in small number. And, of course, they would be similarly armed and skilled.

Boy that was fun. Too bad it isn't true. Bummer. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: aragornreborn ]
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 06:37 PM   #34
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Ai!Ai! i would love a bow and arrow, as i already have one (though kinda crappy. i made it...) and im amazing with it! LoL!