The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 AM   #481
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Why not? Or, to put it another way, why draw attention to it if you're a gifted?
Good question. I was kind of torn, because I did not want to go out and say "look at me, I am the Ranger", but catching wraiths was still top priority and I thought that I had found a way to do it. (and it was not all wrong, I guessed Sally on that basis)

Also there was a vauge hope that Nogrod would think "maybe he has a special role as well" and not vaste time on dreaming about me

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 AM   #482
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
No I don't understand. . . Just because you make your claim first it does not mean that you are right.
Hence my original comment about "currently believing her... we'll see..." I was waiting to see if there'd be a counter-reveal.

But Rune, this is what you said after Lhuna's reveal (and before your internet connection went down– at least it was a long time before you showed up again):

Quote:
So Lhuna is our Ranger. . .it is a shame that she has revealed her self, a ranger is very nice to have arround in the closing stages.
Now, you say you were afraid to counter-claim later... well, yes, quite rightly. Not because no-one ever believes a counter-claim, but because you had already accepted her claim, and in a completely unambiguous way.

Yes, of course we're going to lynch you now.

If you turn out to be telling the truth, we'll know to lynch Lhuna tomorrow. Simple.

EDIT: punctuation and emphasis

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-13-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #483
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Good question. I was kind of torn, because I did not want to go out and say "look at me, I am the Ranger", but catching wraiths was still top priority and I thought that I had found a way to do it. (and it was not all wrong, I guessed Sally on that basis)
You did? When was that?

Quote:
there was a vauge hope that Nogrod would think "maybe he has a special role as well" and not vaste time on dreaming about me
Errr... weren't you afraid the wraiths might think that too?
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #484
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
indeed I accepted her claim at first, I was not sure if I was going to counter it yet.

it must have been on day 3 that I said that Sally and Brinn could be special roles.

And of course I was afraid of that, but that is always a problem with leaving hints, there is no way of telling who will pick up on it. I did however consider it most likely that Nogrod and Legate would think those thoughts and Legate's faith was sealed.

I know that it is simple and that no matter who is lynched the outcome will be the same, but I am sure that Lhuna will come out still claiming to be the ranger even though she is bound to loose. It is always more fun to stay alive to the end or go out in a magnificent way.

I cannot remember the last time I was survived a game with village victory, also it would hurt to see Lhuna's fraud getting me lynched.
--------------------------

OK, lets say I had counter claimed at once, what would the village have done?
My guess is that you would have used the whole day focusing on me and Lhuna, in the end you would lynch me and then Lhuna the next day.

By playing like I did, I have enabled my self to hand you the last wraith on a silver plate, now you have the chance to end this game without further loss of innocent lives.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #485
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Rune

Going to collapse now. G'night. (at 7:36 AM)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #486
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
indeed I accepted her claim at first, I was not sure if I was going to counter it yet.
Well, didn't it occur to you that the way you were accepting it would make it well-nigh impossible to counter later?

Quote:
must have been on day 3 that I said that Sally and Brinn could be special roles.
Rune, suggesting Sally might have an unspecified role is not equivalent to picking her as a wraith! (Other people already suspected her true role for in-game reasons, so, quite frankly, I don't see why you think your approach was so useful.)

Quote:
, lets say I had counter claimed at once, what would the village have done?
My guess is that you would have used the whole day focusing on me and Lhuna, in the end you would lynch me and then Lhuna the next day.
Maybe, maybe not. Lhuna had been under heavy suspicion... why did you assume even a reasonable claim from you would be rejected in favour of hers?

EDIT: X'd with Shasta.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #487
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Well....I don't really have anything more to say, so I'll just vote now:

++Rune aka Tivo
Old 05-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #488
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Well, didn't it occur to you that the way you were accepting it would make it well-nigh impossible to counter later?
I don't see why it would. . .I thought it was the best thing to do until I decided on what exactly to do.
Quote:
Rune, suggesting Sally might have an unspecified role is not equivalent to picking her as a wraith! (Other people already suspected her true role for in-game reasons, so, quite frankly, I don't see why you think your approach was so useful.)
I did not say it was extremely useful, but that is not the point anyway. . .you are twisting the debate in another direction now. The point was that I would not have drawn atention to this had I been a wraith.
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Lhuna had been under heavy suspicion... why did you assume even a reasonable claim from you would be rejected in favour of hers?

EDIT: X'd with Shasta.
Because that is how it normally goes. . . I did not want to do anything rash.

Anyways my only chance of survival is if Lhuna decides she does not want to play an extra day.

(I will be arround for another hour, then I have to leave my fathers office that he is currently letting me use. My internet might be up and running when I get home, but I cannot promise anything)

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #489
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Fair play. . . I am a dead Ranger

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #490
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay... then you did your bit by saving Shasta, and we'll lynch Lhuna toMorrow, like I said.

Happy?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #491
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am not happy. . . I wanted to live!

I am content because we win, but the ending still sucks. (From my view)

Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #492
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Anyways my only chance of survival is if Lhuna decides she does not want to play an extra day.
I love you, Rune.

++RUNE SON OF BJARNE
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #493
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

++Lhuna

Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #494
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
++ Rune

If you are in fact the Ranger you will have died knowing that you have sealed the victory for the village. Someone has to die today and your death will definitely tell us enough information to win the game.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #495
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Nerwen doesn't really love me.

*grumblegrumbleLadyMacbethgrumble*
My darling, in the interests of research, I did this quiz
and despite answering "no" to all the questions intended to elicit a preference for haggis, bagpipes and highland scenery... guess what result I got?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #496
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
++ Rune

If you are in fact the Ranger you will have died knowing that you have sealed the victory for the village. Someone has to die today and your death will definitely tell us enough information to win the game.
Of course I am the Ranger, it would make no sense for me to keep claiming it now that I have no chance of survival.

This is turning out to be a great day, I was just informed that we will not have internet for another 2 weeks.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #497
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow...there isn't really much else to say is there....

Except that the suspense is killing me.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #498
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Just to clear something up–

Quote:
I did not say it was extremely useful, but that is not the point anyway. . .you are twisting the debate in another direction now.
No, I was questioning you for a purpose– i.e. finding whether or not you were trying to mislead us– with the idea that the people yet to vote could read it and make up their own minds.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #499
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wow...there isn't really much else to say is there....

Except that the suspense is killing me.
Well, there's no reason now for Rune to maintain he's the Ranger if he's not... (except to screw with our heads, of course).
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #500
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya

Deadline stop posting.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #501
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm sorry darlings, I just really really can't write the narration now, not the old one or the new one, because I feel so dreadful. (Don't worry, it's nothing serious, I just have a worse sort of headache and I quarreled with my mum about useless stuff...) You'll get the narrations tomorrow.

You lynched Rune, your ranger.

Night7 (if my maths is working) has now begun. Wraith, I want a pick. Hunter, you may change your pick if you want to.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #502
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Night7 falls

They were having breakfast and starting their daily conversations when Rune, also known as Tivo the Sorceror, suddenly stood up. "One wraith left, right? It should be fairly easy... Just lynch Lhuna. I am the Ranger!"

There was a silence. Finally, Wilwarin finished eating her pancake and said: "Uhm....yeah, I still believe Lhuna." Then she took a sip from her glass of blackberry juice and took another pancake. The other did not react, just kept eating breakfast.

"I am the ranger!" Rune shouted. Had the others not heard what he had just told them?

"There's not a lot to say, is there?" King Shasta asked his wife, Nerwen. Then he glanced at the sorceror. "Good try, Rune. Now, Lady Brinniel, please pass me the fruit tray."

"Didn't you hear me?" Rune asked, suddenly drawing a huge sword he had hid in his cloak. "I am the ranger! I protect you at night! That Lhuna is a fraud!"

Brinniel put down her teacup and raised an eyebrow. "Well I suppose you might as well go down fighting; it's more fun that way, but I had figured the last baddie was probably you Rune." She took another sip from her cup. "Of course, I meant fighting metaphorically, please don't mess around with that sword." She offered an apologetic smile and the others laughed.

"But I am the ranger!" Rune shouted, swinging the sword in a demonstrative arch.

Nerwen eyed his sword. "I was actually thinking of a coin toss between you and Shasta but now... Hmm didn't those murderes have swords...? Well, that makes it simpler, doesn't it?" She smiled.

Shasta did not smile. "Nerwen doesn't really love me," he sighed.
"Aww... there, there. I was just trying to teach you a lesson, my dearest," Nerwen told him and gave him a hug.

"Hey! I AM THE RANGER!" Rune shouted, now jumping onto the table. "I AM THE RANGER!"

"Oh now he dropped the fruit tray!" Nerwen observed. "I never did trust that landlubber of a wizard!"

"I AM THE RANGER I AM THE RANGER I AM THE RANGER!" Rune shouted, but no one seemed impressed.

"I think we want to kill you anyway," Nienna said. The others nodded.

"But I am the ranger!" Rune cried. They were all looking relentless. He sighed. "Why do I bother... I am dead anyway."

"Yes, you are," Lhuna confrimed. "I think we may as well get done with it." She drew a finely crafted dagger from her belt and others started looking for their weapons too.
Nerwen shrugged. "Well, sorry, Rune, if you really are the Ranger..."

"ENOUGH!" he shouted and everybody stopped. "I will take my own life with my ranger's sword rather than be stabbed by those pitiful daggers and knives! I will only say this: by playing like I did, I have enabled my self to hand you the last wraith on a silver plate."

The others watched as he took the sword and put it against his stomach. "Fair play... I am a dead Ranger," he said, and casted himself upon the point of his blade. For a moment, he lay on their breakfast table, punctured by his own sword, cackling blood. "I am not happy... I wanted to live!" And with those words, his eyes turned around and his spirit left Middle-Earth.

"I love you, Rune," Lhuna whispered and closed his eyes.

Nienna cleared her throat and said gravely: "If you were in fact the Ranger you have died knowing that you have sealed the victory for the us. Someone had to die today and your death will definitely tell us enough information to beat the enemy."

"I don't think there's much to conclude here, except that his body did not vanish like the others," Shasta said.
"Yes, but we'd still better to check his room to find out who he really was," Brinniel agreed.

"Wow...there isn't really much else to say is there..." Wilwarin said. "Except that the suspense is killing me."

~*~

From Rune's room, they found many archaic scrolls about protection from the dark and an ancient book about sword-fighting. And then they found his diary, telling about his exchange with the two cloaked figures at Captain Nogrod's door just a few nights ago. They resolved to go to their rooms for the rest of the day and ponder what this all meant for them.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4
Eönwë (ringwraith) – lynched on Day5
Nogrod (seer) - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin" - killed on Night6
Rune Son of Bjarne (ranger) - Tivo the Sorceror - lynched on Day6

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Brinniel
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #503
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Day7 dawns

Nienna had been waiting for this since Lady Lómiel's death, and now it was there: a soft sound of footsteps approaching her door, a surprisingly silent crashing noise when her lock was broken and a cloaked figure entering. Still laying on her bed, Nienna opened and eyed the person who had entered the room.

I knew it was her... she thought, tightening her grip on the dagger. The cloaked figure stopped and drew her sword.
"You can stop pretending being asleep now," she said. "And I know you're hiding a dagger under your blanket."

Nienna sighed, and stood up. "So, you've come to kill me even though you know I'm well prepared for it?"
The cloaked figure nodded. "Nienna, I'm dead. I've lost everything. I've lost my secrecy, I've lost my reputation, I've lost my husband. What is there for me anymore? Kill me, and I don't have to face the others tomorrow."
Nienna weighed her dagger in her hand. "And why should I take pity on you and kill you?"
"Take pity on me?" she laughed. "I will kill you in any case. It is just a question whether you want to die alone or die as a hero."

Nienna nodded again. "Alright... let's get done it with then. But show me your face first. I want to see what you've become."
The cloaked figure hesitated, then threw back her hood. Nienna examined the features in moonlight, blocking all terror from her face.
"Disgusting," she said coldly. "Lhunardawen, you've sold your soul to the dark."

Her eyes narrowed. "Maybe, but don't think I haven't got anything in return." She lifted her sword to Nienna's throat and the pirate replied by putting the point of her dagger to Lhuna's chest.

"One," said Lhuna.
"Two," said Nienna.
"Three," whispered Lhuna.
"Go!" yelled Nienna and pushed her dagger to the ringwraith's heart the same time she felt a horrible pain and warm blood flowing down her neck.

"You failed," she said. There was no sound, she could only move her lips, and blood gushed from her mouth.
"Yes... but I... I will go to my master now," Lhuna managed to reply before her words turned into a piercing cry and there was nothing else left of her than a pile of clothes and a sword on the floor and a cold wind that blowed through Nienna's room.

...to be continued...

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4
Eönwë (ringwraith) – lynched on Day5
Nogrod (seer) - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin" - killed on Night6
Rune Son of Bjarne (ranger) - Tivo the Sorceror - lynched on Day6
Nienna (hunter) - pirate - killed on Night7
Lhunardawen (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian Queen - killed by the hunter on Night7

Alive
Shastanis Althreduin (ordo) - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 (ordo) - sorceress
Nerwen (ordo) - Queen of the Sea
Brinniel (ordo)

~*~

VILLAGE WINS!

Congratulations to all ordos and gifteds!

Well done, ringwraiths, you put up a good fight.

Thank you everybody, it was a pleasure to have you playing in my game!

~*~

Everybody, dead and alive and even those who did not play, feel free to post now!

I will post a final narration as soon as I get it done.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #504
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Wow.....yay!!!!!!

Rune....soooo sorry! Should have believed you.

And, Eomer too! Sorry I was so persistent.

Great job everyone!!!! Wonderful job Lommy! This was quite fun.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 05-14-2009 at 02:10 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #505
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Haha. Good job everyone!

Thanks for hosting Lommy!.

Such a fun game to watch. Like some others, I thought Rune was a Wraith and Lhuna the Ranger.

Why oh why did you Wraiths keep Nog alive?

I thought it amazingly funny that First Day it was a tie between a Wraith, a Seer, and an Ordo. xD
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #506
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sorry Rune!!!

Good job everyone else. It was wonderful playing until the end.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #507
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well done village! You all put those nasty wraiths in a tough spot they weren't going to wriggle out of.

And cheers to our mod! Exciting game Lommy.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #508
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ooooooh yes, really a fantastic game And after quite a while - a lovely, neat game, the only pity I could not remain alive for longer. But well, the Seer was just too bad. (Some would say: too good. I won't.)

I guess as for the Wraith's planning, and especially all that followed after my death, Sally would tell you more. As from my part, I just apologise to those whom we (I) killed - especially to Kent, whom I would not have wished to kill that much, if I was not also considering the option that he is a Gifted.

I must say I really enjoyed playing with all you people, especially those I haven't played with yet. I am quite looking forward to play again with every single one of you. (And I won't even mind if it was on the same side, for once )

The narrations were just really really good in this game - absolutely brilliant, very funny, but sometimes also brilliant when being serious and it kept the feeling - like the last one, which really made it feel serious and I AM actually awaiting a "to be continued..." part.

Anyway, a really good and memorable game Thanks to everybody who played, and also to the Moddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I thought it amazingly funny that First Day it was a tie between a Wraith, a Seer, and an Ordo. xD
Oh my, I realised that only now. Horrible - we should have let Nogrod lynched back then. Ai, ai...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #509
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A graceful way to end it indeed! *Bows to Lhuna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Why oh why did you Wraiths keep Nog alive?
I asked myself that very same question like hundred times during this game... But maybe it was just that, an attempt to create confusion.

What I'm afraid of is that the following generations of werewolves will take this lesson to the heart and will have no mercy regarding the seer (not that they have done it earlier either ).

But it was great fun! And for a long time I managed to squeeze time to actually do some "detective-work" and think about possible strategies (which is becoming possible only on Day3 or something like that) and was alive to actually do something.

So thanks baddies. I really appreciated your tactics!

And sorry Legate! I felt really bad revealing you so early but I had to do it because I knew you were a wolf already in the beginning (Night1 dream). But as I chose as my tactics in the beginning not suspecting you on Day1 - so that you (or your mates whoever they were) wouldn't feel any urge to kill me at Night2 - I had kind of cornered myself already in the beginning. For I could not count on your goodwill - not to talk on that of your fellow mates in crime - and dying on Night3 with a known wolf in my bag would be just terrible seering. But making a hint that would be clear enough if I died would surely have raised your attention - but being only a hint would probably not have awakened the ranger. So I just had to go full open with it.

But to make it more interesting I chose to reveal only at the last minute of the Day. It was a fun experiment I must say. And proved good - with the help of the wolves...

Well, Sally! You're just a player extraordinaire, esq.! I didn't quite believe in my eyes when I got there that Day and saw your "revealment"! That sure was fun! And even if everything so consistently pointed towards your guilt, a thought nagged behind my head for most of the Day saying "it can't be this easy, it can't be... there is something hidden here..." But when you finally started re-posting towards the end of the Day it was quite clear as I think you had already accepted your fate.

But did you Sally just think of running amok or were you thinking you could get away with it on that Day?

A real deep bow to the known innocents; Wilwa, Nerwen and Brinn!

You really made the day! I did pick you up on two grounds. Surely because I was not able to read you and one of you being a baddie would have been disasterous for the village - but also because I thougth you could be ones to make a difference if the other innocents could trust you. And oh boy did you answer that call! (Could one say: "Oh girl, you did it"?) You were just superheroes! Like when I got back on the latter part of Day5 you had all but proved Eönwë was a wraith!

And yes, everyone was playing charmingly most of the time - and RL issues are something we can not do anything about.

Thanks for a very good game everyone!

Last but not least: thanks Lommy for a wonderfully entertaining game! And some of the narrations were just downright hilarious (like the one where Rune tries to reveal for no good, or where trying to make Eönwë walk the plank proves a bit more difficult people thought it would be) or touching (like Lhuna's and Nienna's death-scene).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #510
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Good game everyone, and well done fellow villagers!

Och, wilwa, that's what werewolf is all about. Though I honestly thought I was being ridiculously obviously innocent. Surprised I got lynched to be honest.

Nae luck werewolves: the villagers were really on top of the game this time.

Special hails to Nogrod, who was outstanding, and of course Lommy.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #511
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Very elegant finish to the game .... poor Rune..... Lhuna darling - you do lie beautifully..just remember what happened to Matilda!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #512
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Btw. The age-old question concerning the similarity of the manner of being of the wolves and the gifteds raises it's head once more...

When no one counter-revealed the rangership I was almost disappointed as I thought Lhuna was a wolf (I had even taken a little pain to go back and read almost all of the thread just looking at it from the POV that Lhuna is a wolf and had been getting more confident with it) but I just had to take it as there was no counter-claim. And then - on the light of that - Rune felt somehow so foul even if I couldn't put my finger to it in any argumentative manner (whereas arguments could have been raised against Shasta at that point - wrong as they would have been anyway).

When I dreamt of you Rune the Night which was my last it was all clear of course. But you were holding something back and that showed in your posts and in the way you acted.

It's not easy to be an innocent when your guardian angels look so much like the baddies you need to lynch - whoever they are!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #513
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I was just thinking - I've modded three games now (one co-modded with Nogrod) and the village has won every single one of them. So, if you want to win a game for the goodies, you know whose game to play in.

Also, I would like to say a few words about giving out the roles as the topic was constantly brought up. It was and was not random. Greenie, my Fortuna, helped me to randomise four different wolf teams, from which I chose the one that seemed the fairest to me (for example, there was one all silent team and one all veteran team and neither seemed very balanced to me). Then I also randomised three (or four?) different possibilities for every gifted and picked a team that felt balanced against the wolf team. And I couldn't resist picking Noggie and Nienna for seer and hunter, because I was interested in how he'd do in staying alive and how she'd do in dying because he always dies early and she was lynched early last game so I expected everybody would want to keep her around! But I would like to emphasise that I did not pick the people I know the best to have the special roles, it just happened that so many of them ended up there... and also I did not take any requests for special roles or anything.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #514
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Well, that's a very logical way of doing it. And we ended up with some very good players in those roles. Neat idea!

It was definitely quite a game!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #515
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What I'm afraid of is that the following generations of werewolves will take this lesson to the heart and will have no mercy regarding the seer (not that they have done it earlier either ).
That would really be a pity. This game actually managed to put into use something that was practically never put in use, or not in my memory: the Seer really performing his duty for a while under the supervision of the village, and the known innocents sharing their thoughts - discussing and trying to find the trail based on the mutual knowledge that they can take each other's conclusions and suspicions as genuine.

Quote:
And sorry Legate! I felt really bad revealing you so early but I had to do it because I knew you were a wolf already in the beginning (Night1 dream).
Of course, no harm done (okay, or actually: some harm WAS done, but it's okay ).
Although it occured to me at one point before, during the day, I think, that you might be a Seer - the way you acted towards me, being so unsuspecting of me, it struck me as weird and I actually thought "ha, could it not be that he is being nice to me in order to ensure that I won't kill him?". Well, too bad I didn't continue on the thought. But maybe it would not influence the things very much... I don't remember exactly when it occured to me, but if it was on the same Day, then the revelation would have probably came anyway.

Oh, and I must say - the way in which you chose to reveal was certainly interesting, really. Sort of special - nice indeed, while I did not like the content of it I quite liked the manner.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #516
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And I couldn't resist picking Noggie and Nienna for seer and hunter, because I was interested in how he'd do in staying alive and how she'd do in dying because he always dies early and she was lynched early last game so I expected everybody would want to keep her around!
That was mean! So you have found your inner sadist now?

My first thoughts after hearing I'm the seer were: "No! Not me! Why me of all the people? I always die within the two first days/nights!".

But luckily I was wrong this time as it was a great fun...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #517
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
This game actually managed to put into use something that was practically never put in use, or not in my memory: the Seer really performing his duty for a while under the supervision of the village, and the known innocents sharing their thoughts - discussing and trying to find the trail based on the mutual knowledge that they can take each other's conclusions and suspicions as genuine.
I have a vague idea that has happened a few times between two-three people in a village. But it rarely works this well as it also requires people who would be active and willing to make an effort for it. A combined trust is not enough, but a combined effort is also needed (as we saw with Eönwë - and with Sally as well).

And what success it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
"ha, could it not be that he is being nice to me in order to ensure that I won't kill him?". Well, too bad I didn't continue on the thought.
Bless you for that!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #518
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sweet, sweet oblivion.

Thank you, Nogrod. *curtsies*

In this game, I was a murderer, a horrible liar, and an adulteress (if my only words to Rune before his death could be taken that way). How much worse can I get?

Lommy, I hope you forwarded my hate mail to Greenie.

I'm really sorry, my fellow wraiths. You did know first Night that I wanted to die, didn't you?

More of this after I'm done with my psych testing (i.e. how the med school administrators realise that they made the wrong choice accepting me and should send me to the psych ward instead).
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #519
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
As from my part, I just apologise to those whom we (I) killed - especially to Kent, whom I would not have wished to kill that much, if I was not also considering the option that he is a Gifted.
-Legate
Don't be, I got a real good dose of WW my first game, now it's all fair game.

I am pleased to see my sudden Rune switch worked, or at least it created a little wondering about possibly being a gifted. You played it well, if it wasn't for Nogrod being the seer, I don't know whether I would have ever suspected you. Then it all made sense why Nog jumped on my willingness to make a "deal" on Day 1.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #520
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I really thought that the village would still manage to pull defeat from the jaws of victory, haha.

But the wolfies made a critical mistake first, so tough luck to them.

Kudos to Rune, vzv, for (most probably) winning the game.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote