The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
lothiriel
Haunting Spirit

lothiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring have u met any lotr cast or crew

hey im lothiriel from nz(aka middle earth)<BR>we've all seen them on the big screen but have u met any of the stars?
lothiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dūm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

no but I have a huuge mastermind plan called Operation OB which plans how I'm gonna stalk and then meet Orlando Bloom. My friends think it is impossible, however they also say it would make a great story line.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm planning to stalk John Noble.<P>I haven't met anyone, but I could have sworn I stood right behind David Wenham in a shopping queue once. I was so close to talking to him. Perhaps I should have yelled "Faramir!!!" very loudly and see what reaction he made.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #4
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a plan for kidnapping the entire cast! (And that's just to get to Orlando...oh well, it needs a little refinement, I think!)<BR>But nope, never managed it. Morgul Queen has, lucky thing!
Old 12-03-2003, 05:49 PM   #5
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A few people I know are quite close with Sean Bean (close enough to be sick in his toilet anyway). He is from Sheffield and hasn't forgot his roots, returning back home many times. Go Boromir!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #6
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I met David Salo. You probably haven't heard of him, but he translated all the stuff into Quenya, Sindarin, Adunaic, Old English, etc. for the movies. He's really a very nice and interesting person. There's some more info about him <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001760" TARGET=_blank>here</A>.<p>[ 8:34 PM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 12-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #7
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Meela, you ALREADY stalk John Noble!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:41 AM   #8
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I think there are other threads on topics similar to this. But anyway...<BR>I have been very fortunate to meet the very lovely Sir Ian McKellan, Brad Dourif, Richard Taylor (head of Weta, special effects), Sean Astin, Andy Serkis, and Craig Parker (Haldir). I have also been lucky enough to have been in the same room as Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan (20 feet away in the autograph line when they cut it off! so close yet so far away). I have not been to a premiere, but it is just that there happens to be a large group of very active LOTR fans up here in Washington State, who happen to have a lot of cons, that attract the actors. And additionally I also traveled down to San Diego for the very large and popular Comic-Con.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:04 AM   #9
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I havn't met any of them yet but in a couple of weeks I'll be going to a convention where I'll see Crag Parker!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:12 AM   #10
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I met Billy Boyd last year, we chated for about 15 minutes. I even complained about the "butchering of Faramir" to him and he told me that I MUST watch the EE of TTT. You know what...he was right!
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:48 AM   #11
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Sting

Well . . . I met Elijah Wood yesterday . . . oh no . . . that was just a dream <P>Nah . . . I haven't met anybody. I don't usually like waiting in autograph lines because it makes me feel foolish and I don't have the patience. But my philosophy is that they're people that enjoy what little personal time they have, and therefore, I'd be helping them more by not making the autograph line longer. Of course, I'm sure there are those who absolutely love to talk with fans and sign autographs, and in my opinion, there wouldn't be anything wrong with kidnapping Orlando Bloom, though personally, I'd rather hijack the Rivendell set and live there
Old 12-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #12
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I met Billy Boyd too, at collectormania. He signed my book! It was a short meeting (v long queue) but very groovy to see him. Andy Serkis was on the table next to him, but I didn't get to meet him. Billy is just as cute in real life, if you're interested
Old 12-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #13
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Over this past year I have been lucky enough to meet Sean Astin (such a delite!), Bruce Hopkins (he had a great shirt on that read "Isengard swim club), Brad Dourif (he was tired on the day we met, didn't talk much at GenCon), and John Rhyes-Davies (I love this man, he is so pleasant and fun to talk to!). In two weeks I'll be adding Craig Parker and Mark Ferguson to that list.<BR>Oh yeah... I also got to meet Daniel Falconer from Weta and I went to a presentation he did at GenCon.<BR>Sean Astin and JRD also did Q&A's at Gencon... such a great time!<P>I have some friends, though, who have met almost everyone! If I had had the money I would've joined them. One friend has been following around Craig Parker and Sala Baker from convention to convention... and she's also rather fond of Mark Ferguson and Jorn (who was an elf extra in Lothlorien).<BR>Another friend has personally met (and sort of hung out with a few of them) Billy Boyd, Dom Monaghan, Elijah Wood (she got me an autograph from him! Yay!), Andy Serkis, Sean Astin, Brad Dourif, John Rhyes-Davies, Craig Parker, Jorn, Sala Baker, Lawrence M(can't remember his full last name at the moment)... and I think a few more. Perhaps you've seen the pictures online of many of these actors posting with the Frodo and Sam or Merry and Pippin action figures? Well, those were all taken by her!<BR>Lucky girl!<BR>She'll also be going with me to the Gathering, so she'll have a few more to add to her list as well.<p>[ 11:51 AM December 05, 2003: Message edited by: Tigerlily Gamgee ]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #14
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Lawrence M <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is that the Lawrence (can't remember his last name) who played Lurtz?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #15
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Just a quick note on Lawrence(who played lurtz) he comes back as another Uruk-Hai in ROTK. He's the big pink one(yes there is a big pink one) with boiles and stuff all over his skin.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:03 PM   #16
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Hehe... yes, that's who I meant. And I love the fact that everyone is referring to him with partenthesis now!<BR>Let's see, after some searching, I have found his name to be:<BR>*trumpets sound*<BR>Lawrence Makoare
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #17
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Just a quick note on Lawrence(who played lurtz) he comes back as another Uruk-Hai in ROTK. He's the big pink one(yes there is a big pink one) with boiles and stuff all over his skin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, yes, I saw that last night on ABC .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #18
Lindir
Haunting Spirit

Lindir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

me too,but I haven't seen anyone from LOTR yet..but I'm planning to stalk OB..with the other hundreds of fangirls...and Billy too. He's so cute
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!Or he will not slay thee in thy turn.He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.
Lindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #19
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I was thinking that since I'm going to be an actress, maybe I'll be in a movie with one of the guys! (complete with a kiss scene)