The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
kharank
Animated Skeleton

kharank has just left Hobbiton.
Sting ROTK Trailer Opinions!!!

Well well well!! We finally have a Return Of the King trailer. What do people think?<P>My favourite part by far was the little smile on Gollums face when he looked back at Sam. That was pure genius!!<P>I also liked the shot of Gandalf riding over the (Pelennor?) with his staff alight - pure fantasy cinema!! And the Fell Beasts attacking the cavalry!! <P>Shelob looked good to me, although i'm sure lots of people will say she's too small. That may be, especially as we see her in relation to a halfling. Then again, i think i'll wait for the film!!<P>Did anybody see Gimli sat in Denethors chair, smoking a pipe? That shot killed me!! It when Eomer says 'victory cannot be achieved by strength of arms', or some such!<P>Other peoples opinions are more than welcome. We have the trailer!!
Old 09-29-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I liked Aragorn's speech and the roar that was the reply...I almost cried...<P>I also liked the bit with Gandalf walking on the battlefield and Legolas' expression in (I think) the next shot. Breathtaking.<P>EDIT: Yes, it was. I also like that shot near the beginning after the Ring-toss, when Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are standing with their horses, supposedly at the entrance to the Paths of the Dead.<p>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 09-29-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

Ok I have seen this preview on AOL but what movie do I have to see to see it in theaters. If it was Second Hand Lions I have already seen it and the preview was not there but that was the week of the 18th. I liked SHL but I don't want to see it again just to see the ROTK preview. I thought the sadest part of the preview was when Elrond said to Arwen: You gave away your life's grace, I can not protect you anymore. And the coolest part was when Elrond told Aragorn: Be what you were born to be! As he gives him Narsil. I like the Elrond lines so far, he has good stuff to say.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It was totally awesome, they really did a good job with it, the movie looks great! The battles look incredible as well as the stories of the chacters. Now I really can't wait for the movie to come out!!!!!!!!<P>*jumps up and down in excitment*
Old 09-29-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<I>It <B>can't</B> be over yet!</I> *calms down*<P>*long sigh* Wow.

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #6
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The White Tree is in!<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_088.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_088.jpg</A><P>It's not the clearest image in the world, but the dead tree is definately to Gandalf's left.<P>And then there's this.<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_055.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_055.jpg</A><P>Nothing to spoilerific, and again it's not too clear but Sam's reflection in the pool appears beside Gollum. He overhears Gollum's, "The precious will be ours."<P>H.C.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #7
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

Why does Arwen look like she's dead?! And why do we see Eowyn on the battle-field with Merry? You're not supposed to know that's Eowyn! <BR>Aside from that, it's AWESOME!! It's so sad what Elrond's saying to Arwen about giving up her grace! And the evil grin Gollum gives Sam is just incredible. I saw the trailer in theatres Saturday, and downloaded it a few minutes ago, and watched it twice more. Now that I have it on my computer, I'm sure I'll see it many more times before the movie comes out! Oh, how will I ever wait til December 17?<BR>I also like the part where Aragorn has Anduril. There's been some speculation on who Eomer was holding on the field when he was crying. After pausing the trailer at that point and looking at it closely, I believe it's Eowyn. <BR>Well, there's what I think about it!<BR>Arwen
Old 09-29-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Well, I've already posted my initial thoughts <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002311&p=2" TARGET=_blank>here</A>,<P>But to respond to your points, HC: <P>You are right, that is the dead tree. Well spotted. And yes, it is definately Sam's reflection in the pool. It looks like that leads to Sam's accusation that Gollum means to kill them, since there is then a long shot of the three of them by a pool. Presumably this is in Ithilien, prior to the encounter with Shelob. And, of course, Gollum's evil smile back at Sam is delightful. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And the Fell Beasts attacking the cavalry!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That shot is amazing, isn't it? I assume that these are Faramir's men withdrawing from Osgiliath, and that Gandalf rides out to aid them.<P>One question: Is the voiceover "A day may come ..." said by Theoden? It sounds like him to me, and he talks of not forsaking fellow men and breaking bonds of fellowship, which could refer to the Rohirrim honouring their alliance with Gondor. But then the voiceover finishes "... but it is not this day", which leads into Aragorn crying "This day, we fight", so it could be him. Does anyone have a clearer idea?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:23 PM   #9
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> My favourite part by far was the little smile on Gollums face when he looked back at Sam. That was pure genius!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ooo! I totally agree! It was just so... creepy. I loved it! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And why do we see Eowyn on the battle-field with Merry? You're not supposed to know that's Eowyn! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I already posted my opinion in the <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002354" TARGET=_blank>The ROTK Trailer is ONLINE! </A> thread, but I'll state it again. I agree... I wish they would have kept Dernhelm's identity a secret. I would have liked to hear some nice gasps... But...ah well.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Nothing to spoilerific, and again it's not too clear but Sam's reflection in the pool appears beside Gollum. He overhears Gollum's, "The precious will be ours." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Eeeek! It is! It is! *I am soooo hyper right now...* But yeah! *cries* Oh...those poor little hobbits... *sniffle*<P>Overall, I loved the trailer. Now I really want to see the movie! ...*tears*
Old 09-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #10
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Where' s Denethor? I don't remember seeing him in the trailer... oh well, not a huge loss anway.<BR>I LOVE the trailer! Love it! The music toward to end, I found out, is actually the theme of Gondor (or of Boromir). It was played under Boromir's speech at the Council of Elrond. So, are we getting a taste of what Howard Shore is going to do with the score of this one?<BR>Shelob does look a bit smaller than I though.. but heck ,she's still big enough to scare the bejesus out of me!<BR>I love the part with Dernhelm... yes, it's quite obvois that it's Eowyn, but oh well... we also wanted them to not show Gandalf in the TTT trailer, and that didn't seem to ruin anything for anyone as far as I know.<BR>It's just so emotional... and it's only the trailer... the movie is going to be a constant battle with tears, I can't tell already.<BR>I do love that part with Gandalf running across the field... stunning!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:33 PM   #11
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why does Arwen look like she's dead?! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I assume you mean this <A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movie/preview/images/rotk_trailer01_116.jpg" TARGET=_blank>pic</A>. It's been floating around for a while. I think it was even on one of the original Fellowship trailers. I've heard lots of guesses, but I wonder if it is Arwen laying down her life in Lorien, though somehow it looks like Rivendell. I don't know?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And why do we see Eowyn on the battle-field with Merry? You're not supposed to know that's Eowyn! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't think PJ will be hiding Eowyn from the audience. I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it's next to impossible to hide from the audience that Dernhelm was Eowyn. How would you disguise her voice? You would have to cover her face, but then the audience would be wondering why this one soldier has his face covered and the rest doesn't.<P>I still think Theoden and company will have no idea she's there. What I wonder is, does Merry know who Dernhelm is by the time of the shot we see in the trailer? I'm beginning to suspect he does.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Is the voiceover "A day may come ..." said by Theoden? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm pretty sure that whole speech is Aragorn.<P>I really like it, though.<P>H.C.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:35 PM   #12
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Shelob does look a bit smaller than I though.. but heck ,she's still big enough to scare the bejesus out of me! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I downloaded another copy of the trailer today from OneRing that is of far better quality than my previous one, even when full screen.<P>Watching it it seems pretty obvious to me, what we see in the trailer is only her head!!!<P>H.C.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #13
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Speaking of Shelob... one of my friends who went and saw the trailer with me, immediately after the tralier had finished she said "Big spider, I am not seeing that movie" and I said "Yes you are".<P>I thought the trailer was absolutely amazing. It blew me away. I have already watched it about 12 times and it has not yet gotten old. When I saw it in the theater (which is completely worth it) I almost started crying. One of my absolute favorite scenes is when Gandalf is walking across the empty battlefield (I don't know why, but I like it a lot). And another is of course when Frodo takes the hand of Gollum and says that they are taking him against the wishes of Sam. It almost looked like a kind of "Now he likes me better than you! So there!!!". I also like the scene of Frodo's dream where he is reaching out to Galadriel, very cool, and very bittersweet.<P>Overall it was a wonderful trailer. Now, Do we really have to wait to December to see this movie?<p>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 09-30-2003, 12:01 AM   #14
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Where' s Denethor? I don't remember seeing him in the trailer...oh well, not a huge loss anway.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>shh... don't let Meela hear you say that!! (the part about it not being a huge loss)<BR>I forgot to mention how wonderful the music is in the trailer! It's incredible!!<BR>Ah!!! How will I survive until December 17??!!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:42 AM   #15
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No Denethor?? <P>The trailer doesn't work for me anyway. Obviously I'm not missing much if there's no Denethor <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Did anybody see Gimli sat in Denethors chair, smoking a pipe? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>!!!!! *pushes him out*
Old 09-30-2003, 03:22 AM   #16
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No Denethor!? Well that's stupid and I do not believe I saw Faramir either though that doesn't really matter now. <BR>I loved the music though I thought the TTT trailer music was much better. <BR>I have a real spider phobia... I mean seriously! I closed my eyes all through those scenes in Harry Potter 2. So when I suddenly see that... thing... I nearly fell off my chair! Gosh that was... I'm still shaking.
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:59 AM   #17
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tiger Lily (shout out to T.L.!) and HCIsland: I think the "A time will come..." speech is being made by Denethor. It's a new voice to me. But I can't believe they didn't include him in the trailer at all.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:17 AM   #18
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't despair Meela...<P>I am lamenting the fact that all we see of Faramir is his group getting attacked by the Nazgul and Gandalf riding to their aid and a 1 second clip of him in his helmet and you can't really tell it's him...<P>Sheesh when is PJ gonna get it though his thick skull that this movie is about the return of the king to GONDOR...It's not like the job of running the kingdom in Aragorn's absence happens all by itself!!!
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 10:02 AM   #19
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

I really liked the trailer. I'm convinced that it won't be too bad after all (and that means sth after my opinion after seeing the second movie).<BR>Hehehe that look of Stinker is REALLY great hehehe. That fat hobbit, gollum!<BR>But one thing that really disturbs me is that scene where you see (I think) Legolas with Aragorn they are somewhere where it's rather dark and they both wear hoods. Then suddenly Legolas says "he's there" in a rather panicked way and the next image shows the Eye.<BR>Now please comfort me and tell me it's not a scene where Sauron fights Aragorn.<BR>Or (even worse?) Legolas and Aragorn fight the Witch king.<BR>*shiver*<BR>But I believe that the movie will be awesome anyway.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 02:37 PM   #20
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

Yo! Hello?! I hate to interupt but could someone please answer my question of what movie I have see to see the trailer in theaters because AOl's picture quality sucks.<p>[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Silmiel of Imladris ]

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:02 PM   #21
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think the "A time will come..." speech is being made by Denethor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I just listened to the trailer again, and although there is one voice I'm not too sure on (although part might be Gandalf), I didn't think it was Denethor. But maybe it is.<P>Is Theoden speaking at any point? I'm sure one voice was him.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #22
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

OK. About the "A day will come..." speech. It is Aragorn. when it begins, i believe, you see the two armies on the pelannor. Aragorn is riding in front of the armies and thats why it goes to "today, we fight" he's out there giving a pre battle speech to fire up the troops. the voice sounds funny because hes yelling very loud, but listen closely. its aragorn. <P>Also, about the reflection with Gollum, it is indeed Sam, because it cuts to a shot of sam accusing him and then the evil smile of Gollum is because he knows sam knows and Frodo doesn't.<P>I loved ARAGORNS speech. The music was good there. that shot of Shelob looked creepy enough. size doesn't matter that much. and honestly, some of you pick too much. does it really matter that much that Shelob is small or the balrog was too big? who cares, its there, and it adds effect. but Shelob scared the crap out of me, so i cant wait. but the trailer ended well, with the shot of sam in the crack of doom. "NO!" <P>This will by far be the best one. there, i got my thoughts in. a rebutle? an agreement? Don't worry guys, it'll be great. also, find the trailer here. this is a VERY good site. <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers" TARGET=_blank>www.apple.com/trailers</A>
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:55 PM   #23
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

The trailer is currently playing with <i>Secondhand Lions</i>, but I'm sure it'll be playing with other films rather soon.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:02 PM   #24
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

As per the quote...<BR>LordoftheRings.net now has screencaps of the trailer up and they accompany each frame with the voiceover that runs over top of them. It says on the official site that that quote is indeed being spoken by Aragorn.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:04 PM   #25
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think the "A time will come..." speech is being made by Denethor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, it is definately not Denethor. The gist of the speech is that a day may come when man will forsake his fellow man and break the bonds of fellowship, but that it is not this day. Now, that doesn't sound like Denethor at all. And why would Aragorn be saying such a thing? It makes much more sense to me as Theoden rallying the Riders of Rohan after deciding to ride to Gondor in response to its request for aid. And it still sounds more like Bernard Hill's voice to me than Viggo's.<P>You are right, Maeglanthirion, that we see Aragorn rallying his troops during much of that voiceover and that it leads into Aragorn's rallying cry: "This day, we fight!". But I think that the voiceover has been edited in over these scenes for dramatic effect. For the reasons that I have stated, I believe that the voice is that of Thedoen. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> please answer my question of what movie I have see to see the trailer in theaters because AOl's picture quality sucks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Silmiel, click on the link that Maeglanthirion gave to get a version of the trailer with excellent picture quality. It takes a while to load (it took my poor aged machine 2 hours ), but it's worth it. Unfortunately, you can't download it to memory (or at least I couldn't with my prehistoric knowledge of computers), so I only have the blurry AOL version to look at now. <P>Edited after seeing Tigerlily's post: It still doesn't make sense to me Aragorn making that speech. So, I disagree with the official site. So sue me. <p>[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 09-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #26
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I still think Theoden and company will have no idea she's there. What I wonder is, does Merry know who Dernhelm is by the time of the shot we see in the trailer? I'm beginning to suspect he does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What about Merry? He's not exactly hiding either...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I am lamenting the fact that all we see of Faramir is <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You saw Faramir?!<P>I was surprised about how there was a lot more focus on Frodo and Aragorn in this trailer than in the one on the DVD. It seemed the main focus of that one was Pippin. Hmmm, maybe they'll make a trailer that focuses on every character... *is getting her hopes up waaay too much* I should probably just shut up now before I make myself disappointed.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 08:43 PM   #27
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

I don't mean to be rude but i must insist its Aragorns speech. I don't know why I recognize it as his. He has a strange tinge in his voice when he yells. Go back and watch some of the others when he is yelling something. I think it does make sense that he would say it. He's telling them that maybe someday, me will fail and so on, but he says it is not this day. this day we fight, as in, they will not fail today, they will not run, they will not break, they will not forsake their their brethren (hinting the aid of the Rohirrim to Gondor), they will not break the bonds of fellowship. They will fight today beside their fellow men, like all of man unites to fend off the forces of Mordor. well to me it makes sense. Faramir is hard to catch. At the end, when they flip through shots pretty quick, he's wearing a helmet and pointing his sword forward. i had to slow it down to catch it. It sure looks like him to me.<P> I did not catch the white tree. Any indication where that is.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:46 PM   #28
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the best part, bar none, is sams yell at the end of the trailer.....by far the best yell ever
Old 10-01-2003, 12:22 AM   #29
manaratowen
Pile O'Bones

manaratowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to manaratowen
Sting

i really liked aragorn's speech. it gave me chills.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:33 AM   #30
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Come on, how about the bit where Frodo is (dreaming?) about Galadriel with her hands reaching out for him. That scene was beautiful accompanied by the music. The music is new by Howard Shore right? It just sounds so... right for the movie.
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:54 AM   #31
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Shelob didn't scare me at all. But never mind. Maybe I'll be terrified when I actually watch the film . <P>I too am pretty convinced it is Aragorn's voice.<P>When was Faramir? I didn't see him at all!<P>And where was the white tree????
Old 10-01-2003, 02:14 AM   #32
GrimaWormtounge

Sting

I loved it, but I will have my complaints.<P>The trailer focused too heavily on Aragorn, as did The Two Towers. This is Frodo's story! He should not be a supporting cast member. <P>Actually, that's my only real complaint.<P>Favorite trailer scene: when Pippin looks at Merry with those big teary eyes. God I just want to **** Billy and Dom, especially when they get all emotional in the movies.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:11 AM   #33
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ehh, GrimaWormtounge let's hope the censored word is "kiss" and not any other four letter word we know of <P>Elentari, I think the White Tree is in this frame<BR> <P>It is to the right of Gandalf?? I heard somewhere on this board that it was the left of Gandalf but the only thing that resembles a tree to me is that grey coloured trunk.
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:26 AM   #34
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>they will not forsake their brethren (hinting the aid of the Rohirrim to Gondor) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No. I think it is the other way round. Theoden and the Rohirrim won't forsake THEIR brethren, as they have come to their aid before (with Eol, is that right???).<BR>Anyway, I think it's rather unnecessary to argue about that since we will know soon anyway.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But one thing that really disturbs me is that scene where you see (I think) Legolas with Aragorn they are somewhere where it's rather dark and they both wear hoods. Then suddenly Legolas says "he's there" in a rather panicked way and the next image shows the Eye. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Is anyone going to bother to look at that scene and think about it and then post his/her opinion here?<P><BR>Always being ignored at this forum is starting to annoy me.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 07:54 AM   #35
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

They should have managed to fit in a shot of Pippin standing in front of Denethor surely? Why is Pippin even in this trailer? At least you see Merry a couple of times.<P>The trailer was alright. Don't get me wrong, the clips look awesome and I'm sure the film will blow everything else away. I just think the actual trailer was a bit anticlimactic. Not even one shot of Cirith Ungol or Mount Doom. (if there is then I apologise, my picture is really poor quality)<P>I thought Sam's yell at the end was a bit strange. I mean, we barely even see Sam all the way through, yet it ends with a completely inappropriate "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"<P>Strange sequencing methinks.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:17 AM   #36
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When was Faramir? I didn't see him at all!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Neither did I the first 20 times I watched it... but One Ring says this is him.<P><BR>
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:27 AM   #37
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> My favourite part by far was the little smile on Gollums face when he looked back at Sam. That was pure genius!!<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL, I noticed that part! Gollum had this evil smile... <P>Anyway, I thought the trailer looked rather good. The only thing I thought was a bit....well, the small glimpse we got of Shelob, was a bit dissapointing. I thought she looked a bit...um..small. I was hoping she would be larger, if you know what I mean. <P>Perhaps it's just me. Perhaps it's different when you see it on screen, and when you see the 'whole thing'. All I have to do is wait...
Old 10-01-2003, 09:32 AM   #38
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>But one thing that really disturbs me is that scene where you see (I think) Legolas with Aragorn they are somewhere where it's rather dark and they both wear hoods. Then suddenly Legolas says "he's there" in a rather panicked way and the next image shows the Eye. <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P><BR>Is anyone going to bother to look at that scene and think about it and then post his/her opinion here?<P>Always being ignored at this forum is starting to annoy me.<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Aww poor Balin...<BR>I had thought of this, but not having come up with any explanation I didn't comment. But seeing as no one has posted on it (again ), I suppose I can say a few words on it. Basically I have no idea what is going on with that, and I agree, it is quite disturbing. As long as they don't start fighting Sauron or something...or the Witch-king...and also, why are they wearing hoods? I take it they are attached to the cloaks or something. But maybe it's just the way of trailers...putting separated images together to look like they belong together and mislead people . So I think I shall ignore that and hope for the best .<P>EDIT: I forgot to comment on those other things! Oops...<BR>About the tree...well, someone must have very good sight because I cannot see anything in that shot resembling a white tree. I had imagined it too be more willowy. I get the feeling that grey trunk think is probably a guard or something. But it is hard to tell because the image is so blurry.<BR>About Faramir...well, that is an interesting looking helmet for one of the men of Gondor. It looks more like one belonging to the Rohirrim, but I won't argue .<BR>Thanks for responding to my queries guys!<p>[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 10-01-2003, 09:38 AM   #39
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Anyway, I thought the trailer looked rather good. The only thing I thought was a bit....well, the small glimpse we got of Shelob, was a bit dissapointing. I thought she looked a bit...um..small. I was hoping she would be larger, if you know what I mean. <P>Perhaps it's just me. Perhaps it's different when you see it on screen, and when you see the 'whole thing'. All I have to do is wait... <P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I agree. Although as someone else said somewhere that we can only see her head, judging by the size of her head...ok, that might end up rather large. What am I talking about? Why do I always end up contradicting myself? It is so <I>irritating!!!!!</I>
Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #40
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I watched the preview last night online and can safely say it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see Shelob, and the Battle of Pelennor Fields looks as though it will be an epic moment of cinematic history. Elrond had some wicked lines and Gimli sitting in Denethor's chair was sooo funny! Roll on December 17th I say!