The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2003, 01:19 PM   #41
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I really hope this is not how Grima meets his end<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> As I've said before (& a few others have too), that particular death scene for Grima is in unless PJ decided to cut it (.00001% chance).<p>[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:18 PM   #42
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have just one thing to say. I have no objection whatsoever about Sauron appearing in ROTK. I mean what about those people who haven't read the books, they at least need something to visualize. Plus I think it would an absolutely awesome action sequence.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:53 PM   #43
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I mean what about those people who haven't read the books, they at least need something to visualize. Plus I think it would an absolutely awesome action sequence.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> I realize it would be an 'awesome action scene', but I'm willing to sacrifice my love for action to save a part. There's nothing wrong <B>per se</B> with it, but Saruman did tell Gandalf that Sauron couldn't yet take physical form, & for him to do it might discredit the movie...I have more of a problem of him fighting Aragorn then just appearing in general. <p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 09-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #44
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

There is no way I would accept that sequence with Sauron and Aragorn. Aragorn is strong, but no one would want to see him in weakness before Sauron, and how can any mortal appear before a Maiar otherwise? I really hope that isn't true.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 08:57 PM   #45
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

That was the whole point of putting Sauron in there. It provides a little tension for the audience, because we all know Sauron can wipe Mordor with Aragorn, so it's all up to Frodo to save everyone. Aragorn's butt will get kicked in the fight, but just before Sauron delivers the killing blow, Gollum falls into Mt. Doom, and BAM! Sauron's gone!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:20 AM   #46
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

And it will give us something to discuss and moan about after RotK comes out.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #47
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Here's a few thoughts expressed about the trailer on TheOneRing.net. I haven't seen this trailer yet, but soon!<BR>---------------<P>I watched the trailer and my first impression was that although it was good, the trailer/preview on the Two Towers DVD had much more feeling and just seemed better.(Ofcourse this could simply be my mind that makes me wonder this as I did see the DVD first heh) I dot remember too many things of the trailer, however your mention of Shelob being in it, is true. She does a quick 1 second onscren time. It is right in the same scene as we saw Peter Jackson watch in the preview on the DVD. Quite nice actually. Frodo runs down the hall, looks back and sees Shelob, as do we for the 1 second(probly less). Other things to note. Theres a brief scene where we see Gandalf ride out towards a big army/skirmish, his staff lighting up the area. I am asuming this could be where he rides out to help Faramir in the books. Other than that there is a nice view of Merry in battlegear looking up at Eowyn, also in battlegear. And she says to him: "Stay with me." Or something like that. A scene I would imagine where the are about to go into battle. There is also a few shots of a Legolas that looks not as we have seen him before, as far as I could tell. He looked very scary, and in one of these shots, he says: "He has come." (I think) This COULD possibly be where the army is at the gates to Mordor, and Saurons representative comes out. It sure looks very ominous and my impressions was that Legolas had doom written on his otherwise determined face. heh <BR>The score in the trailer is overall very low key, which might be one of the reasons I dont actually think the trailer leads of to something quite big. I have enjoyed the fan-trailer you posted a little while ago, and the music in that as well as the preview on the DVD seems stronger and more fitting somehow. <BR>Anyways, these were a few of the things I recall mostly from the trailer. Its a feast to be sure. <BR>Feasul <BR>Hi guys, i just wanted to point out that in the shot of frodo climbing up the cliff with Minas Morgul in the back, you can actually see the army of the witch king coming out of it, you see troops moving below, coming out of, i guess, the same gate that we saw in FOTR. <BR>I'm delighted that this scene is actually in the film because I loved it so much in the book and I think it is a very iconic scene from the trilogy. Not to mention that it is also a relief to see that Minas Morgul IS in the films, when it wasn't even on Faramir's map! <BR>MovieImp <BR>I Work at a theatre and we loaded up the trailer really quick for a once thru last night. This is what I remember: <BR>Legolas and Aragorn open the trailer. Legolas says something about the Eye of Mordor is looking at them or something like that and he has the hood of his cape up and he is looking toward Aragorn. There is a later shot in the trailer that is similar to this one. <BR>Aragorn and Gandalf talking about Frodo's chances. <BR>There is a shot of Legolas that is very familiar shooting his bow. I've seen it somewhere. . <BR>A great shot of Legolas climbing the trunk or leg of the Oliphant. You are looking down at him while he is climbing up toward you. <BR>It's very powerful when they are reforging the sword and Elrond brings it to Aragorn and tells him to basically buck up and be the king. That part was in the E clip. You can't really tell who is reforging the sword it went by very fast. <BR>A couple more shots of Legolas. A big close up as he turns and looks at something and the one where he is fighting in the midst of all the orcs shouting. <BR>There is a major stunning shot of the ringwraiths flying down to the war fields and just wrecking havoc. Your level on the field looking at the ringwraiths flying down toward the galloping horsemen and they just drop toward them and wham into them and they go flying. It's hard to describe. <BR>The shots from the E clip of Frodo and Sam climbing up and Gollum looking at the ring with major lust going on. Also of Sam yelling at Gollum that he is leading them into a trap and Frodo says no we are taking him with us. Gollum looks back and just gives this evil smile to Sam. <BR>A great shot of Dernhelm with Merry saying whatever happens stay close to me. <BR>The music is different but the same feeling and it was stunning. It was very familiar yet different just like what they did with TTT. It has some same basic themes but seemed more on the dramatic rather than urgent side. <BR>There is a great shot of Shelob and she is freakin scary as all get out chasing them thru the tunnels. <BR>There is also a really quick shot of Sam and Frodo and it just makes you hurt for the pain in their faces and I'm pretty sure the ring is doing something to Frodo's neck it looked raw, burned. <BR>There is not much of Pippin just the one shot with Merry telling him they will see the Shire again. <BR>Lots of Elrond telling Arwyn that he can do no more for her as she gave up her grace to another. Arwyn also states it is time for the sword to be returned to the king. <BR>A quick shot of Eomer sobbing on the battlefield holding someone. <BR>it goes by really really fast but it is simply wonderful. <BR>Betababs writes: <BR>I work at the theaters, in modesto california, i was lucky last night and got to see it early, heres what was in it <BR>is saw the trailer last night, and it was phenomenol. I really cant put it into words, but it's fanatastic. Heres what I remember <BR>Starts of with a shot of minus morgul and mt doom in the background, and there is a huge light shooting up from the tower <BR>Then it goes to legolas with neat hood on, standing with aragorn, saying something about the ememy <BR>Aragorn and Gandalf talking about Frodo, and if he is still alive, Aragorn ask Gandalf "what does your heart tell you" <BR>Some other things that stuck out <BR>Elrond saying the enemy will never let aragorn take the throne of Gondor <BR>Arwen saying it is time....(for aragorn to be king) <BR>Arwen saying give him the sword of the king, and shots of them forging it <BR>Shot of elrond giving Aragorn the sword, aragon takes anduril out of its sheath like lighting and looks at it <BR>Elrond says "BECOME WHAT YOU WERE MEANT TO BE" I almost cried <BR>Then an awesome airial shot of 3 nazgul swooping down like lighting above minas tirith <BR>Shots of the battle of pelenor fields, a nazgul swooping down on a couple horses <BR>Eomer crying, holding theoden <BR>Frodo being chased by shelob <BR>Dernhelm talking to merry, saying to stick with her no matter what <BR>Cool shot of Gandalf and pippin looking at the brewing storm <BR>Shots of Gollum, Frodo, and Sam <BR>Sam hears what gollum says about killing them, but frodo says he will not abandon him <BR>Eomer saying we cant defeat sauron by force, aragorn says we can buy frodo some time <BR>Aragorn gives a speech, possible to the rohirrim? or the army of the west in mordor. <BR>Some shots of the paths of the dead <BR>Legolas on a mumakil <BR>Some battle shots <BR>Thats all I remember but im so stoked to see this movie, i hope this helps
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #48
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Updated my crazy webpage of spoilers.<P><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/hcisland/tolkien.htm" TARGET=_blank>Book Adaptations</A><P>H.C.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #49
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here's a little rumor I picked up from the Billy Boyd website forum - OK, I was looking for M&C pics and I couldn't resist peeking. Geez, those girls need to take some cold showers - Anywhoooo...the rumor is: PIPPIN SINGS!<P>Yes, a poster quoted an interview with John Noble;, he mentions a scene where Denethor asks the halfling to sing him a song and, (this being the movie) Pippin obliges. John Noble commented on what a beautiful tenor voice Billy Boyd had.<P>Sounds like it will be a nice little moment. Hope it makes it through the cutting room.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:27 AM   #50
kboleen
Animated Skeleton

kboleen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bruce Spence, Mouth of Sauron, played the Gryo pilot in The Road Warrior
kboleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:53 AM   #51
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For some reason I have this strange desire to hear Billy Boyd sing...inexplicable really...
Old 10-02-2003, 12:50 PM   #52
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn's butt will get kicked in the fight, but just before Sauron delivers the killing blow, Gollum falls into Mt. Doom, and BAM! Sauron's gone! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah yes, a perfect example of the type of scenes that every movie-goer hates. Aragorn shouldn't last half a second, much less a couple hits...
Old 10-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #53
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes, a poster quoted an interview with John Noble;, he mentions a scene where Denethor asks the halfling to sing him a song and, (this being the movie) Pippin obliges. John Noble commented on what a beautiful tenor voice Billy Boyd had. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I like this. Hope it makes the cut.<P>H.C.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:51 PM   #54
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Pippin singing sounds like an EE scene, sadly. Maybe it would be the Bottle Song?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #55
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I think we can scrap Aragorn fighting Sauron.<P>From <A HREF="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16241" TARGET=_blank>Ain't It Cool News</A>.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I mention, because Mr Fusion sent in some more info about a sequence that wound up the end of the film (sort-of spoilers coming)............ It seems that Aragorn is to fight Sauron, all dressed up in the armour that we saw Sauron in during the FOTR prologue. Sauron comes out of the Blake Gates, whips the bejesus out of Aragorn, and is about to do him in when Frodo does what he does and saves the day. Now, PJ took some liberties with TWO TOWERS, so I was willing to believe this to be the truth. But just to be on the safe side, I checked with others in the know. <P>According to regular scooper Johnny Bartlett, that was the case about three years ago (When principle photography ended, by the way!). Johnny mentioned that battle did indeed feature in earlier draft of ROTK, and he assumed that’s the info Mr Fusion is working off of. <P>Then, information came through from super-spy Dr Lynskey. He tells us that, “Sauron DOES NOT APPEAR IN PHYSICAL FORM at the end of the film”, and goes on to hint that there’s a good chance Aragorn will fight something big at the end... Unfortunately, due to the hippopotamus oath Dr L took when he signed up for fake medical school, he decided not to say what it was that Aragorn fights (considering that piece of information would spoil something that actually *is* in the final film, he opted for “classy”). <P>So, there you go: a taste of what could have been, and a murky promise of the potential for a fight scene! Who says we don’t deliver? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>H.C.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:01 PM   #56
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think we can scrap Aragorn fighting Sauron.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Alright. Taking your advice though, (finally gotten around to it ) I'm waiting until it's released...
Old 10-06-2003, 06:06 PM   #57
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Billy Singing? Wow, once again I say "I can't wait!!!"<BR>Everyone here has sure heard alot more than I have, I don't have as much time on the net to browse around so much, I glad theres this thread, were all the wonderful spoilers are gathered by hundreds of people all collected into one place! Is that efficient or what.<BR>Anywho, I'm anxious to hear more, and I'll keep my eyes open.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:46 PM   #58
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

Sting

I think that would awesome if Billy were to sing, I was reading a little bit about him before he did LOTR it says that he can sing tenor and baritone, so I think that would be pretty cool.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:48 PM   #59
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

Sting

I have also heard a rumor about Saruman falling off Orthanc and being impaled on a spiked wheel. What do you all think of that?<p>[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: ArathorofBarahir ]
Old 10-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #60
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

There is little doubt that something to that effect has been filmed but so, apparently, have a few other Saruman deaths. It remains to be seen what will appear in the final film.<P>One thing seems almost certain though, Saruman will die early in the film when our heros travel to Isengard.<P>H.C.<p>[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 10-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #61
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have also heard a rumor about Saruman falling off Orthanc and being impaled on a spiked wheel. What do you all think of that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I suppose there's not a possible way to get <I>everyone</I> informed to this & a few other incidents that keep popping up again & again. Oh well...
Old 10-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #62
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

To make it suitably dramatic: When Saruman starts insulting the Rohirrim, in a moment of righteous rage and in defense of the country (and the woman) that he subconsciously loves, Grima whips out a dagger and stabs Saruman, then pushes him off the balcony, onto the spiked wheel. Grima (who grabbed the palantir) is staring, stunned, at what he did, and then a random arrow (from either Legolas or that random one-eyed old Rider, take your pick) shoots him, and he slowly lets go of the palantir and dies. <P><BR>(How's that? Movie Plot 101)
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:19 AM   #63
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

On a different theme, I’ve been reading some info I’d downloaded a few months back on ROTK from Big Picture News Inc<BR>A quote from Elijah Woods: <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The third movie has always been my favorite. I've seen moments from it and they just break my heart. You've grown to care about these characters and they lose quite a lot in the process of the third movie. Frodo, Sam, Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn will never be the same.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I understand the losses of Frodo and Sam, (and maybe Gimli once Galadriel leaves Middle Earth). But I’m struggling to work out what Legolas and Aragorn lose, or why they would never be the same again?<BR>Any ideas what Elijah could mean?
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:00 AM   #64
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Legolas would never be the same because of the Sea-longing that had risen in his heart. Galadriel's warning was that if he ever heard the gulls crying, then his heart would never lie among the trees of Mirkwood, it would seek to sail West. That restlessness could have changed him forever.<P>Aragorn definitely wouldn't be the same because he would have accepted his identity as King, and taken on those burdens. Being a King or a Queen is a very heavy burden, and it really would change someone for life.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:13 AM   #65
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

fair answer, but I meant in context to his second sentence.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You've grown to care about these characters and they lose quite a lot in the process of the third movie. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-09-2003, 11:29 AM   #66
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think it would be cool if Saruman does to Grima, what he does in the Scouring of the Shire. It has been rumoured that it will be revealed in the extended version of TTT that Wormtongue had killed Theodred with some kind of poison spike thing. What if Theoden says to Wormtongue at the Orthanc, "you were not responsible for what you did, I forgive you, etc. You do not have to stay with Saruman, etc." And then Saruman's eyes light up and he reveals that Grima killed Theodred. Grima flies into a rage and does the deed, whether it be by pushing or stabbing Saruman.<P>I would love this because although we aren't getting a Scouring of the Shire, Saruman's end would be strangly familiar to book readers...
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #67
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

On another note, did y'all see the brief shot of the seat of Denethor? It appeared to be next to a set of stairs which looked like they ascended to perhaps the lawful throne of Gondor? Take a look at the preview again, you'll notice a large set of white stairs next to the seat.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:48 AM   #68
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

yeah; Knight of Gondor, and if you look at the special edition lord of the rings book with Alan Lee pictures, you will see where jackson got it from. I was looking at the book the other night; I didn't realise how much jackson has used alan's pictures. the shot of frodo going towards cirith ungol has been copied (ie the steps and the walls either side) the picture of helm's deep is exactly the same as the film, isengard looks the same. the shot of the dead marshes over dagorlad towards the mountains of mordor looks exactly like the film as well.<P>apologies if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs...........
Old 10-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #69
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Oh my God!!!<P>I knew PJ was going to play with the story a bit, but ...<P>Sam obviously comes up with a new way of dealing with Gollum.<P> <P>H.C.<P>PS: I'm only kidding. This is Sean Astin in a guest appearance on the Showtime program Jeremaih which is premiering tonight.<P>H.C.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:20 AM   #70
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

For a second I thought poor Sam had gone postal!!!! Whew!!<P>And the lesson we learn from that kids, is never mess with a Hobbit, for they are "not subtle and quick to anger."
Old 10-11-2003, 10:14 AM   #71
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes, a poster quoted an interview with John Noble;, he mentions a scene where Denethor asks the halfling to sing him a song and, (this being the movie) Pippin obliges. John Noble commented on what a beautiful tenor voice Billy Boyd had. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Where is this interview???<P>Please please please please PM me with the link or whatever if you ever come across a John Noble/Denethor related thing. I have to have everything on him.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:29 PM   #72
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I hope Billy sings the Bath Song. <P>AICN has a great new rumor up: more shooting in NZ next year for the RoTK Extended Edition. That would make me *very* happy. <P>-Lily
Old 10-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #73
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Meela, it's at the Billy Boyd website's forum. Apparently John Noble gave a chat at another website, where he referred to the scene where Pippin sings for Denethor. I didn't recognize the name of the website, and there was no link.<P>The moderator at B.B. forum apparently confirmed that he had seen this scene, but didn't say if it would be in the December release, or the extended edition.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:24 PM   #74
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I like that picture of Sam!<P>Since we've already heard Billy sing, we needn't again, if you ask me...
Old 10-16-2003, 08:31 PM   #75
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As my duty, I just found a few potential new spoilers for RotK, as it relates to the corresponding game to be released.<P>----I work for *snip* and yesterday I got the opportunity to watch a friend playing The Paths of the Dead-level of the upcoming EA ROTK game. It looked great, and the king of the Dead was quite scary indeed, as Aragorn battled him in a giant cave inside the mountain, a cave "where the dead gather", according to one of Legolas' lines.<P>However, the main reason I'm writing you is that I got a sneak peek at some press information that said that the magazine was not allowed to publish screenshots of these bosses: The King of the dead, Shelob, The Witchking and Sauron's Lieutenant. I guess this means that a beefed up Mouth of Sauron will be the end of game boss, as well as "the big thing" Aragorn is rumoured to be fighting outside the black gates.<P>I have visited your great site every day for more than three years, and I do hope that this information is valuable to you. <BR>---------<P>This sounds like Aragorn will have to subdue the King of the Dead? Is THIS who Legolas was referring to when he said "He is coming"? And it sounds like Aragorn will be fighting the Mouth of Sauron in the end. But I'd think Aragorn could whip that dude's scaley hide! He was only a rebel Numenorian, right?
Old 10-16-2003, 09:18 PM   #76
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Subdue the king of the dead... jeez i hope its only to hype up the action in the game, not the movie. And knight of gondor how many Numenoreans do you know that have lived thousands of years He's probably had a lot of time to practice hehe jk.<P>Hopefully the statements in that article are just going to be for the game although I can imagine the Mouth of Sauron going Hulk and thumping Aragorn
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:46 PM   #77
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And knight of gondor how many Numenoreans do you know that have lived thousands of years He's probably had a lot of time to practice hehe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Seems like there was a discussion hanging around here about whether he really was Numenorian, and if he was, how could he have been alive so long? I thought the book said it was pretty sure that's who he was.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:41 PM   #78
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Old Knight has done it again! All he had to do was slide his mouse across his Gondorian mousepad to TheOneRing.net to find a few more spoilers...INCLUDING how Grima dies!!!!!!!!!!!<P>---<BR>Trivial Pursuit Questions:<BR>Q; Whose fortress is surrounded by a moat of lava?<BR>A: Sauron's<P>Q; What kind of creature is Theoden trapped beneath in his final moments of life?<BR>A: His horse<P>Q; What do Orcs cast over the walls during the seige of Minas Tirith to horrify the enemy?<BR>A: Heads of dead Gondorian Men<P>Q: Who kills Grima Wormtongue?<BR>A: Legolas<P>And remember folks, this Trivial Pursuit is based on the films, NOT the book.<BR>--------<P>So it IS Legolas! The rest we know. Though I hope those dead heads aren't going to be too bad...that just might garner the R rating PJ doesn't want.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:58 AM   #79
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The heads are in it??? Yessssssssss!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:45 AM   #80
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Q: Who kills Grima Wormtongue?<BR>A: Legolas<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Nooooooooooo! All the other things sound great but why, WHY this? Aren't hobbits allowed to do anything?