The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #1
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Who is pulling the reforged Narsil out of the water?

On my 20th or so viewing of the ROTK Trailer, I noticed a 1 or 2 second scene, just before the scene with Aragorn and Legolas in the Paths of the Dead. I had originally thought that it had been Aragorn holding Narsil, but I am fairly sure the location is in Rivendale (note the ornate decoration and a possible mural in the background.) This seems to me to be the scene where Narsil is being reforged, which in itself is pretty cool, but I am going crazy trying to figure out who is holding the sword. Black is not exactly Arwen's colour, unless she was in her abandoned Helm's Deep battle get-up. Also, it just to me looks like a man's profile...so who is it?<P>Is it Elrond and if so why is he dressed like that? <P>I am completely baffled by this one?<P>Anyone else have some guesses?
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #2
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Oh, I don't that that's Rivendell. It looks too..well, rocky (as in the un-polished non-spiffy-elf kind). Aragorn is in the next scene holding the sword, so it's probably him.<P>Edit: And in HC's summary of the trailer, he lists it as "Cut to Aragorn and Legolas in caves."<p>[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #3
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I dunno, compare the scene with the this picture...<P> <P>The markings on the post look the same as the ones on the wall, and the colouring is much different in the scene with Aragorn and Legolas in the POTD in the trailer.<P>I guess we will have to wait until the movie comes out. <P>I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but there is a hobbit seated behind Gandalf when his horse rears up in front of the Nazgul on the walls of Minas Tirith. I guess PJ, felt Pippen needed more of a role than to be just serving Denethor and waiting for Gandalf to return.
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Old 08-06-2003, 12:52 PM   #4
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Pippin was supposed to be there, it says so in the books. <P>Namarie
Old 08-13-2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Just found this on One Ring<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1060738407" TARGET=_blank>Info onr ROTK Trailer</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The Reforging of Narsil into Anduril which PJ once said would open ROTK seems to take place in a cave-like forging room Rivendell as it should <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I guess Rivendale does have caves - LOL