The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2002, 08:05 AM   #1
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting When are you planning to see TTT?

Just curious when everyone is planning to see TTT? Are we all racing out on Wednesday so that the Downs will be deserted that day?<P>I am going to try for Wednesday afternoon on my own so I can concentrate on what's going on, and then go back Saturday night with my family and friends.<P>sharon
Old 12-17-2002, 08:47 AM   #2
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In 8 hours & 16 minutes...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:02 AM   #3
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I will be going at 3:45 (EST) tomorrow! I bought my tickets for it back in late Nov. It is my sisters Christmas present. Of course it is mine, too! I have been dying to tell her! And hating the wait. She's still in school, so I made plans to have my mom take her out of school at around 11 am, and I will take her back to my house and we are going to watch the Extended DVD of the FOTR, and by that time, it should almost be time to go!!! <B>I can't wait!</B>
Old 12-17-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I broke down and bought a ticket to the midnight show at a theatre two minutes from where I work. Since I get off work at 11:30pm, I'm going straight to the theatre from there. <P>I couldn't help myself! Most of my friends and relations wanted to wait until after the holidays. (You know how us old folk are about standing in lines). <P>But since most of the line parties are going to be at the "cooler theatres" downtown or on campus, I may have the "boring" suburban multiplex to myself tonight. (The West Side of Columbus is known more for its Buckeye and NASCAR fans, not people who dress up like Elves and hobbits. )
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:20 AM   #5
Calenedheliel
Animated Skeleton

Calenedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going to an 11:59 P.M. show tonight with my best friend and then again tomorrow at a 11:00 a. m. where we will dress up as hobbits.
Calenedheliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:33 AM   #6
Frwek
Pile O'Bones

Frwek has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frwek Send a message via AIM to Frwek
i'm going for the first time slot avalabile...can't wait!..Enjoy yourself!
Frwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:48 PM   #7
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I have a feeling the Downs may be deserted tomorrow!
Old 12-17-2002, 02:01 PM   #8
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well, I will be seeing it -2weeks, and again tonight for a midnight showing. I am leaving for the line party in about 5 hours! Oh JOY!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:59 PM   #9
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Monday, 11 am. <BR>What's a line party? It can't be as simple as it sounds (a party while standing in line).
Old 12-17-2002, 03:08 PM   #10
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't worry, I will be here tommorow, I don't have my full liscence yet, and I am not going to walk what takes 45 min in the car. Oh well, you folks will just have to spoil it for me ASAP!
Old 12-17-2002, 03:18 PM   #11
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Line Party = party while in line.<BR>It is as simple as it sounds.<P>It is something that was started by TheOneRing.net... and now there are tons of them worldwide! I am the administrator for the Chicago Line... which basically means that I had to put together the whole bloody thing (contest, prizes, games... etc.). I hope that it turns out OK, because if people are bored it becomes my fault <BR>It's a little frightening.<BR>It should be fun.<BR>If you want to know more about Line Parties and find out if there is one in your area, go to <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net" TARGET=_blank>www.theonering.net</A> ("movies" -> "Line Party"). We also have events that don't involve just seeing the movie. We find other ways to hang out. It's a lot of fun... I recommend it to everyone! I have met many great people through mine.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:20 PM   #12
Fair Eärendil

Sting

I'm going next thursday at midnight, the time of the premiere here in México. I'm drooling to see it and I just can't wait.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:35 PM   #13
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going to the midnight show here in Asheville, NC tonight and I may go crazy waiting. I hope the excitement carries over through tomarrow at work I will be very tired. But i know it will be worth it.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:41 PM   #14
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

I'm going to see TTT at 3:45, friday afternoon, with a few of my friends, for my BIRTHDAY!! YEAH!! I can't wait!!<P>Everyday a friend of mine, who goes to my school, and I, when we walk past each other in the halls, say to one another, "Only 4 more days till TTT!!", or, like today, " Only THREE MORE DAYS TILL WE SEE TTT!!!!!!!!" <P>I am so excited!! Not only is my birthday on Saturday, but I also get a huge present, to see my favorite movie in the whole wide world the day before my birthday. TTT!! <P>Oh, how I love those three little words.... THE TWO TOWERS!!!!<P>I know that I am getting carried away, but I am REALLY getting excited now!! WE already bought the tickets, and I keep seeing commercials for TTT on the t.v. Those drive me insane!! I love them, but they fuel my impatienceness to see TTT!! The other day on one of those commercials I saw..guess what...a NAZGUL!! I got SO excited. I was nearly bouncing off the walls!!<P>I want to see TTT SO badly!! I just can't wait till I get to see it!! <P>Until then...I will think about TTT every moment of the day...I will daydream about TTT...I will watch t.v. JUST to see previews of TTT....AND I will dream of TTT. <P>Goodbye, my fellow Downers!! I hope that you all are excited about TTT as much as I am!!
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #15
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm going to the first showing at 11:00 am tomorrow when it opens!!! I'm really excited, then I get to go again the next day, then again over the weekend, then again on Mon.!!!!!!! Plus tons more after that if I have anything to do about it!!!! lol
Old 12-17-2002, 04:37 PM   #16
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thursday, eight pm in costume. Need I say more?
Old 12-17-2002, 04:44 PM   #17
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Friday, Saturday, and again on tuesday before I leave for vacation!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:47 PM   #18
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

In fact, Brinniel and I are going to the premiere together in about 28 hours now... I'm very excited! I hope it's as fantastic as the first! I'm also going to see it on Friday with a few other friends.<p>[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #19
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

8 hrs 48 minutes, in a long dark grey-green hooded cloak, and wearing the brooch from Lothlorien . . . sigh . . . & yes, Bird, i promise not to read the gushing emails until I return . . .
Old 12-17-2002, 06:13 PM   #20
Kaze
Haunting Spirit

Kaze has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I guess the Downs will be pretty empty tomorrow...<P>I'm going with some friends to a 4:00 show on Friday.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:25 PM   #21
Nianna Telmnar
Haunting Spirit

Nianna Telmnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nianna Telmnar
Sting

Tomorrow at 3:50 with my friend. Whoo-hoo! My father kepts looking at me like I'm crazy to be so excited over a movie. Oh well, his loss. Have a wonderful time everyone!
Old 12-17-2002, 06:45 PM   #22
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Me and two friends of mine are going to school tomorrow, and then we are getting picked up by my friend's dad to go see the one oclock showing. Which is cool, because to get there early enough, we get out of school at 11:30. So, we will not only miss all the boring classes at school, but we will also not have to eat the trash they give us for school "lunches" (I don't think they can be scientifically proven to be food ). So, It's all good. <P> <P>Aylwen
Old 12-17-2002, 08:41 PM   #23
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I'm going tomorrow (Wed.) at 3pm. I would go to a midnight one but I have semesteer exams. I try not to think about it a lot so its a big excitement when I tear off the farside comic for my off-the-wall calander and see 'TTT' in big black bold letters. But the excitement will build throughout the day when I'm taking my exams. I just hope that I don't start writing about TTT on my english exam. Well, I hope everyone else is holding out as well as me.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:21 PM   #24
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm going on Wednesday of course! At 4:15pm with *pauses for a second* TEN people from my youth group and Two other friends. I'm very happy, see? Let's just hope it's as good as we hope it is.<BR>Have a Gurr-rate time tomorrow, people! <BR>~M
Old 12-17-2002, 10:38 PM   #25
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm thinking about going as Frodo. Just need a good brown cloak with hood, and a ring!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #26
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I am going to see it after the initial rush by fanatics and teenyboppers is done. Matinee. Cheaper. Less crowded.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:57 AM   #27
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

We're going today at the 4:15 matinee.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:13 AM   #28
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Unexpectedly, I was invited by someone I could not refuse to go this evening. I had not planned on watching it, if at all, until it came out on video, but the best laid plans...<P>A stream of invective directed at Hollywood and dislikeable, mindlessly violent blockbusters can be reached at my email later tonight...<P>
Old 12-18-2002, 04:13 PM   #29
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

In in about 6 hours.... (8:00 showing)<BR>Got tickets in advance; also seeing it Saturday. <BR>I'm so excited!

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #30
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Sting

ACTUALLY. *big grin* I SAW THE MOVIE LAST NIGHT (WHICH WAS TUESDAY DECEMBER 17,2002) SO I GOT YOU ALL BEAT! HA!! lol j/k. but I did see it last night... *takes a deep breath* awesome movie... very awesome.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:32 PM   #31
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Silmaril

Originally, I was planning to go on Wednesday, but I was too busy, so I hope to go on Friday. If not, it'll be Sat. It's such a busy time of year.