The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2024, 08:58 PM   #1
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ring Rings of Power season 2 - When will you wear wigs?

Well the first trailer for the second season of the Rings of Power debuted recently -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwmXY_f-e0

It looks............well I can't say it looks like an improvement.

Sauron continues to deceive the same people by...being played by the same actor who has the exact same face, presumably voice, height, demeanor and endgoals! But with different hair you guys!

I for one have some very sane and reasonable predictions for the new season -

Sauronbarad will now be going by Annatar...and you won't believe the gifts he's bringing all our faaaaaavorite characters! He's handing out assassination attempts like they're going out of style (just like his hair!)

We finally get to see Mothrandir's origin story. He was an ordinary elf or man or stoor or dwarf working a double shift at the moth factory when an explosion in the reactor room turned him into the Grey Lepidoptipilgrim we all know and adore and want to buy all the action figures ever of.

Celeborn will make his appearance in the final episode, showing up at his old house with his arms full of groceries and looking around with confusion at the empty place.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM   #2
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Sauron continues to deceive the same people by...being played by the same actor who has the exact same face, presumably voice, height, demeanor and endgoals! But with different hair you guys!
In fairness to them I didn't recognise him. I didn't recognise most of the other people in there either, sooo...

Anyway, plot predictions!

- Since everything in Middle-earth must be explained on-screen, the oceanic kraken seen in the middle of the trailer is the Watcher in the Water. The... underwater girl?... is going to take it to Moria.

- I definitely saw Movie!Kili and Tauriel in there, so I'mma say time travel. Since Mithril is silmarils or whatever that was all about, Bilbo's mithril vest is magically linked to the Second Age and Hobbit movie characters are going to travel back to join the show.

- The entire last episode of Series 1 will be deleted, "which is okay because Tolkien did the same thing with the Riddles scene!". The Three haven't been forged, and Sauron is still undercover. Though the whole "drop a river on a volcano" thing is presumed to have still happened offscreen.

- At least one First Age elf from the opening of Appendix A will appear in person. Probably Feanor; I don't see any mention of him dying in this, the only book that matters.

hS