The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2007, 05:25 AM   #1001
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I had a dream in which Fea shot Legate
An no one shed a tear. Typical.

It's unfair. Everyone is lucky in the dream: Lhuna gets married, the prince gets married, Fea shoots, and only I am the one who ends up being shot.

Lommy, your subconscious is unfair.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #1002
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I was in a kitchen that looked suspiciously like Agan's kitchen. There was an identical kitchen next to it. I was in the first kitchen, Legate was in the second one. I did not have a cheese slicer but I needed one, so I went to Legate's kitchen to ask if he could borrow me one. I came back to my kitchen with the cheese slicer Legate had borrowed me and realised I didn't have cheese either, so I had to go back to Legate's kitchen and ask if he could borrow me some cheese as well.

*does not want to hear a freudian interpretation of this*
Hmm...
well, how about this for interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, in May
Well then, I guess I'll have to add...
I had a dream that Macalaure and I were going to cook something, but when we opened the oven, we found The Guy who be Short hiding inside. Then TGWBS turned into Rune...

That's actually the second dream I had involving Macalaure and cooking, oddly. The other was that we were in the kitchen of the house where I lived at 13, with my mother, cooking breakfast. I thought the eggs had gone bad, but Mac thought they weren't and wanted to cook them.

*REALLY does not want to hear an interpretation of this, Freudian or otherwise!*
Kitchen dreams now, what next?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #1003
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
It's unfair. Everyone is lucky in the dream: Lhuna gets married, the prince gets married, Fea shoots, and only I am the one who ends up being shot.

Lommy, your subconscious is unfair.
Are you SURE the prince is lucky?

I'm not sure I feel lucky with that arrangement, anyhow.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #1004
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

Lhuna and Legate, you're practically begging me to elaborate on that dream. Well, Lhuna, your prince was a 30-40 year old man who looked like some far eastern politician (whose name I can't recall) and Legate, when Fea shot you, she just observed to me in a cool voice: "He was surprised to die."

Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #1005
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
and Legate, when Fea shot you, she just observed to me in a cool voice: "He was surprised to die."
Well, you didn't make it much better Anyway, the conclusion is: I should stay away from Fea whatever the case. *worried*
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #1006
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Lhuna and Legate, you're practically begging me to elaborate on that dream. Well, Lhuna, your prince was a 30-40 year old man who looked like some far eastern politician (whose name I can't recall) and Legate, when Fea shot you, she just observed to me in a cool voice: "He was surprised to die."

Okay, now I'm certain I'm not lucky in that dream. Can't Fea just have shot the prince and...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #1007
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Tonight I had a very vivid dream, it was very consistent (surprisingly) and I remember almost all of it (that's why it is so long. Sorry for that). It had in fact three parts; the first one did not have anything to do with the rest nor with the Downs, but the two other parts were connected and happened at the same place.

I was in Finland visiting in Lommy's family's house. But it was rather a cottage in the countryside, I could even draw you (more or less) the map of the village (as I said the dream was very vivid and I remember lot of it). The house was wooden and with wood everywhere, and it was very... cramped space inside The first part was only about realising that I am there. Also, from time to time, it seemed that my brother is there as well (and at that times neither Lommy nor anyone from the other people was around). Then someone, who I think was Lommy (not sure, that would be very interesting because it would be contradicting what I said above) showed us (i.e. me and by brother) that they have a workshop there and they have a quite big spider in there whom they know and cultivate and so on (only a simple spider who lived in a corner, but they "knew him" personally, you know what I mean).

Then there was a rather dirty sink with rusted pipe heading out of it. Now the other part of the dream comes. The spider was endangered by something all the time, like bigger animals, and we wanted to help him. So we found out that the water from the rusty pipe makes one grow if he drinks it. So we told the spider to drink, he did and grew in size a little. Then again something bigger endangered him, so he drinks once more and grows up to a size of a small bird. And so on, this repeated several times and the spider ultimately grew to be larger than me. Then he started to behave a little bit crazy and I was afraid he's going to eat us. Well it ended up with me running around the village with the spider on my back (literally) and I was afraid that by biting me, he's getting me poisoned and then I'm done (poisoning from a horse-sized spider, you know...).

Since we couldn't shrink him back, I was even starting to think of killing him (though I didn't feel quite well when thinking about it). [WARNING: The following content is quite brutal.] One of the possibilities was, when I saw some neighbour pulling out circular saw out of his garage and sawing wood, that I could throw the spider on the saw and... well yes, I felt quite sick when thinking about it, but I was desperate what to do with the spider, you could not talk to him or tame him (when he was this size already) or anything. Yet I chose that I cannot kill him this way and was still thinking how to get rid of him while not killing him. Then I got an idea at last: let him drink from that water once more and let him grow so big that the planets themselves are only tiny pebbles for him, thus, he won't harm anything. I was of course afraid if he puts his leg on the Earth, he could flatten us or the forests at least, but then I realised that he would be so big that his presence would not change the shape of the Earth at all (as if we were simply atoms which can be moved, but not changed by the spider. Maybe physically it is nonsense, but it worked like that in the dream). He would at maximum move the solar systems in the galaxy to different places (by stepping on them), but that was not a problem for us. So it was a happy end. Then there was a switch and I only thought: what is he going to eat? And then I remembered Ungoliant and thought: well, if he ends up eating himself, he'd be only happy at the moment. And who knows, that thing about Ungoliant eating herself is only a tale that is not accepted as necessarily true.

Then it was lunchtime and now it came that the part with the spider was obviously only an RPG I was playing with someone, because Lommy was upstairs all the time, studying (I don't know what), and I called to her window from outside the house: "Now was this RPG crazy enough for you, Lommy? Is that what you call getting carried off and letting things become silly in a RPG?" It was a rhetorical question (as you can see, this spider thing was crazy enough). But the lunch was ready and I had to go inside, because as a guest I didn't want to be late for lunch as that would be impolite. We were sitting around a small table in a small room where in one corner there were wooden spiral stairs up (right to my left from where I was sitting), then wooden door with one glass window in them in the left wall (from my POV), heading to the kitchen, and in the right wall there was door to the workshop. Lommy's mother was sitting there, and also Little Green who for some reason had pink stripes on her hair and (LG, I would like to say that the following is NOT originally my idea and I'd say I know whence it appeared in my dream) she was almost round in shape. Then Lommy's mum said: "Lommy just finished her exams. She did well in all of them!" And then Lommy entered and we were having the lunch which consisted of one potato with some sauce. ( ) I thought: "Is that supposed to be a celebration lunch of Lommy finishing her exams? Maybe this is just the beginning." But then, out of nowhere, my uncle appeared there and I realised he was in fact living in Finland for about a year, because he married a woman from Finland. All were talking in Finnish for a moment, and I didn't understand a word, and then we were all talking in English. Then I thought: "Well, if my uncle was able to learn to speak Finnish well enough to communicate with others after living here for only a year, then I should be able learn that as well." And then I woke up.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #1008
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well that was surely a weird dream, Legate. Even though as I have had dreams of eight-legged tortoises lately, I can't help wondering if the spider was meant to represent my tortoise... But the part with Greenie having pink stripes in her hair was quite interesting...
Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #1009
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Even though as I have had dreams of eight-legged tortoises lately, I can't help wondering if the spider was meant to represent my tortoise...
Maybe, given that there was water involved, it may be so. But then also your tortoise would have to have tendency to eat people.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #1010
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Maybe, given that there was water involved, it may be so.
No - as he'a a tortoise, of a species that lives on land (in fact in very dry areas) and can't swim and hates going to bath, it definitely is no hint...

Whereas this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
But then also your tortoise would have to have tendency to eat people
looks quite sinister. For he does eat people. That is, if continuosly snapping/biting people's toes counts as trying to eat them.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-01-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #1011
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Whereas this: looks quite sinister. For he does eat people. That is, if continuosly snapping/biting people's toes counts as trying to eat them.
Well now he eats peoples' toes, but imagine if he grew to the size of a horse... Just don't give him anything strange to drink. (And I should enlarge the list of things I should avoid from now: last time it was Fea, now your tortoise.)
Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 AM   #1012
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I had a merry BD-dream. Several downers were going through Helsinki. I can't remember who all were around because for the duration of the whole dream I was late for school and couldn't really meet any of the downers. Although I do remember travelling a few metro stops with Brinniel and later sitting in a bus with Oddwen. The high point was when I invited Hookbill to stay for the night, it was 11PM, everybody else was sleeping and I was afraid that Hookbill would do some crazy thing to wake everybody up. However I was wrong, as soon as Hookbill found a table and a place to sit, he took out his giant folder from his bag and started writing
Old 12-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #1013
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
The high point was when I invited Hookbill to stay for the night, it was 11PM, everybody else was sleeping and I was afraid that Hookbill would do some crazy thing to wake everybody up.
I'd probably left my trumpet at home.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #1014
Volo

Oh, but there wasn't a shortage of instruments in the room. Luckily you had not the slightest intention of playing the piano or the saxophone.
I noticed that you dislike being showed where everything is. You usually took a direction and I had to turn you some other way.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #1015
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wait. Hookbill plays the trumpet?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #1016
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Some time ago I had a dream in which I was sending PMs with Hookbill and we wished each other a merry Christmas and argued about turkey and ham...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #1017
Volo

I had a dream in which Aganzir and Brinniel told me that it's taking me too long to get WW42 running and signed out of it.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #1018
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Quote:
Some time ago I had a dream in which I was sending PMs with Hookbill and we wished each other a merry Christmas and argued about turkey and ham...
Because turkey is far superior to ham.

I recently had an unnerving dream...
Some news bulletin came up on the television saying that The Might was coming to visit England and it was some big event, as if he was some foreign official. I suspect this has something to do with his recent appearance in the Newspaper. I decided I had better go and say hello to him but then found that MI-5 thought I was going to assassinate him so I was arrested. Lalwende turned out to be working for 5 and helped me escape. Once out I went to The Might's hotel room and demanded to know what the hell was going on. He laughed and said it was a joke.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #1019
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Some news bulletin came up on the television saying that The Might was coming to visit England and it was some big event, as if he was some foreign official. I suspect this has something to do with his recent appearance in the Newspaper. I decided I had better go and say hello to him but then found that MI-5 thought I was going to assassinate him so I was arrested. Lalwende turned out to be working for 5 and helped me escape. Once out I went to The Might's hotel room and demanded to know what the hell was going on. He laughed and said it was a joke.
What conclusion is to be made of that dream? Advice of a psychologist: You should stop writing the Downer.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #1020
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Do I smell another news article in the Downer.

By the way I agree with you on the Turkey being superior to ham.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 01-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #1021
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Well first of all, turkey is far superior to ham!

And I had a dream last night about Christmas...

Every year we go to my grandma's house on Christmas evening, and well we always get presents for everybody else. So my gramma had given me a bottle of bubbles (don't ask me why) and she said "This ones for you and this one is for Mithadan" and then I started wondering why I didn't get presents for Mithalwen or Folwren, and I was really confused. Then I needed to know their addresses and my mom started yelling at me because these people are online and you might get killed or something, I was really upset and then I went off and pouted...
Then my dream turned into some hospital dream with crazy guys and a guy who would not under any circumstances get off his horse...... but I need not tell about that dream!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes I did get one downer a Christmas present, but she also happens to be my friend from school (which wouldn't be on here unless I told her to check it out, in fact she probably would not have even finished LotR) I got her a boxed set of Lord of the Rings! Because previously she had borrowed them from our library.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #1022
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
And I had a dream last night about Christmas...

Every year we go to my grandma's house on Christmas evening, and well we always get presents for everybody else. So my gramma had given me a bottle of bubbles (don't ask me why) and she said "This ones for you and this one is for Mithadan" and then I started wondering why I didn't get presents for Mithalwen or Folwren, and I was really confused. Then I needed to know their addresses and my mom started yelling at me because these people are online and you might get killed or something, I was really upset and then I went off and pouted...
Ah, how sweet of you to think of us.

I had many dreams last night, and I'm almost sure one of them was related to the Barrow Downs, but I can't remember it. So sorry.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #1023
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Ah, how sweet of you to think of us.
Well, I do think that I could have included some more downers into my list of people to get presents for, but of course I've never met you, but you seem to be a pretty nice person, so why not think of you!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #1024
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
"This ones for you and this one is for Mithadan" and then I started wondering why I didn't get presents for Mithalwen or Folwren, and I was really confused. Then I needed to know their addresses and my mom started yelling at me because these people are online and you might get killed or something,

Gosh I am touched ..and I promise I won't kill you...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #1025
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Gosh I am touched ..and I promise I won't kill you...
Well, I'm glad you wont kill me and I hope that no one will try especially not one of the downers that I talk to online. (even though I have not ever met any one of them, except Laurinquë, because she happens to be my friend from school)
Old 01-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #1026
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
No indeed Mith won't kill you, but she will send you lovely postcards and sign them 'Mith' so your parents are incredibly confused when they turn up.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #1027
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
No indeed Mith won't kill you, but she will send you lovely postcards and sign them 'Mith' so your parents are incredibly confused when they turn up.
That's funny, I should send my friend Laurinque a post card signed TheGreatElvenWarrior! But maybe in a couple of years when I get my own house, I can have some Downers that I am fond of send me post cards and I in return!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #1028
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Beware, someone's looking around the corner...

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #1029
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I was in this online class of sorts on the English language (I think it was a creative writing course), and my prof, who looked a lot like my plant taxonomy prof but I have no idea why I know that, said that for our finals we had to chat with him over Yahoo! Messenger in English, and we had to keep up a good conversation or fail the course. When I found out about that, I thought, "Why did I get myself into this? Of course Fea will do very well in the finals - English is her native language!"
Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #1030
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
"Why did I get myself into this? Of course Fea will do very well in the finals - English is her native language!"
I does like mine English...

I dreamt last night, in the wee hours (okay, so it was definitely post-dawn, after my dog woke me up and I dozed back off), that I was part of a game. A game in which Lalwende was playing the role of one of two dragons that was supposed to be exterminating me into a pile o' ash. I don't know who the other dragon was, but he was even bigger than Lal-dragon was. I DO know that davem was supposed to be on my team (we held spray bottles filled with water, the goal being to spray the dragons without getting fried), but the irresponsible fellow was inside warming up a bottle for the lil one. In the end I managed to duck underneath a supernaturally large storage shed and spray Lal-dragon in the face when she ducked her head down to look for me. Ha, I win!

Then Lal transformed back into regular-Lal and we went inside for tea. In case you didn't know, Lal and dave, your house is set up thusly: from the outside, you can look through a big bay window into the kitchen, which has a sink on the far side and a stove on the wall perpendicular and to the right of the window. From the inside, however, that vision is proven to be totally wrong; the kitchen has yellow wall paper and is sunken a few steps into the floor. You enter through the kitchen (which is kind of dark and small), and go up steps into a dining room area. Through which you enter what was either a living room or a hall which does an interesting curving thing toward a bunch of bedrooms. The one on the right at the end of the hall belonged to the baby, who Lal showed me (v. cute), at which time I noticed that she was like five inches shorter than me (making her about 4'11"). I realized around this time that my brothers and grandfather were playing video games in the room at the end of the hall and briefly wondered how they got into Lal and dave's house...
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #1031
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I can't beleive you would want to kill Lal, even if she was a dragon!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #1032
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
I can't beleive you would want to kill Lal, even if she was a dragon!
I didn't want to kill her, I wanted to spray water at her!

To my knowledge, water only melts witches and sugar...
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #1033
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hmm, maybe she's a sugar witch! That explains everything!

Just last night I had a perfectly normal dream about otherwise normal events, but in my room was a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - rewritten by the phantom. I thought it was pretty strange.

Last edited by McCaber; 01-06-2008 at 06:56 PM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #1034
Volo

In my dream TheGreatElvenWarrior negrepped my post with "For breaking my streak". The post was a simple "No." in the "Fortunately/Unfortunately" -thread, which obviously worked a bit differently, since the "No." was otherwise a valid answer.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #1035
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I had this really weird dream a few nights past. In it, Nogrod, Lommy and I had some sudden obsession of inviting Legate to visit us. Noggie then called him and asked whether he wanted to come to Finland. Legate said that he didn't have the money, but when Noggie promised to pay his flight tickets he agreed to come. For some reason the flight from Prague to Helsinki was precisely 75 minutes. So, 75 minutes after Noggie's phone call Legate appeared on our doorstep. (Hmm, do I sense a flaw in the logic?)

Well, the next day we went to church. Legate wore a peculiar wine-red corduroy suit and a big, white, dirty-looking scarf. He didn't know how to sit in church so he kind of dangled between two benches. My choir sang a couple of songs in the church so I couldn't go and tell him how to sit. Lommy and Noggie had mysteriously disappeared.

After the church Lommy, I and Legate were eating something. I sat between Lommy and Legate. Legate tried to discuss with Lommy but he spoke so quietly that she had to lean over me to hear what he was saying.

PS. What on earth are all these "Legate comes to Finland" -dreams? Should I get worried?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #1036
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

What do you mean, worried? I hope I am not to interpretate these words as aversion to my person But anyway, hey, that was a good dream! Only I don't have any corduroy suits. I have one red jacket, but not a corduroy one. And I rarely wear scarfs. Otherwise, the dream was interestingly consistent and the situations that occured I can even imagine as possible when I am around. Well, maybe. But, is there really something like collective visionarism here? In that case... I could, of course, visit Finland, only... Noggins, please?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #1037
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
What do you mean, worried? I hope I am not to interpretate these words as aversion to my person
Not at all Rather, I find it peculiar that in less than a month's time more than one person (that is, two ) should have "Legate comes to Finland" -dreams...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #1038
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
In my dream TheGreatElvenWarrior negrepped my post with "For breaking my streak". The post was a simple "No." in the "Fortunately/Unfortunately" -thread, which obviously worked a bit differently, since the "No." was otherwise a valid answer.
Well that sucks!
But I would not reply with just a simple "No" on the For../Unfor.. thread for that is one of my most favourite threads... Although I did write a response on that thread... Someone called me a guy... and I most certainly am Not a male, but rather a lovely female (who really isn't that pretty... but does maybe think that guy that is year older than her and she likes likes her back maybe just a little bit)... Although I am surprised that someone on the Downs actually had me in their dream... I thought that I wasn't really lets say buddies with anyone... or even recognized very well! Yay for me to be in a Downers dream!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:25 AM   #1039
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The night before last night, I had a dream in which Nogrod complained to me that "cattle-growing is nothing like it used to be: the farmers just follow their cattle by some computer program and go to see them maybe once a year. You know, with all these American BDers who are farmers... Last Christmas, I gave mormegil six camels, and it was just like that." What was even more funny, the camels were showed in the dream and they were pink and hairless like newborn pandas and some other mammals. Nogrod was otherwise, too, very odd in the dream for he complained about how warfare has changed too ("no one has a navy anymore, it's all just nuclear war") and tried to make me offer Gollum ice-cream (either chocolate&strawberry&vanilla ice-cream dipped in red wine or pear ice-cream dipped in liqueur - small wonder he didn't want to eat them).

Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #1040
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, I must say the last night I had a very long dream and it was all about posting on the Downs, I know morm posted there and Aganzir posted there (and others about whom I am not now 100% sure, though I have some vague ideas who could have been that) and I don't remember what actually was all happening in the dream, but I know it was all a long discussion and had not the alarm clock awakened me it would have taken a long time yet.