The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #561
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
What information?
The names the cobbler had sent to the wolves.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-10-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: xed with Greenie and Legate
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #562
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
And with that, I'm completely caught up. Nice to see I've been stamped, labeled, and filed away. This is for posterity, so be honest, is anyone going to listen to me at this point or should I just slide on into the background and make a vote?
If you're innocent, speak. I won't vote you toDay without having heard you (and I may very well not after that); promise.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #563
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
wilwa - ed
Nessa - Legate

Left: ed, Mac, Shasta, Pitch, Rikae, Boro, Green, skip, Mänwe, Legate, Agan, Cailín?

Okay I'm not voting for Cailín today. I have nothing against her other than a feeling. So for me it's probably either skip or Pitch, or Shasta (depending on how my analysis turns out... I might just not finish it today though.)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #564
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A random observation: Mac hasn't been talked about a whole lot during the game, yet now he suddenly is, and in two (or three) separate camps. Pitch and Shasta complain that if you're suspected by Mac, you can't do anything without looking suspicious, and Skip calls Mac a wolf. At the same time, Agan and Boro pretty much say he's the most innocent-looking person around.

EDIT: x-ed with a host
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #565
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Pitch how about we didn't vote for Boro today even if he doesn't speak? We need to get a wolf and it's improbable he's one.

edit: xed with Greenie. I've actually said so pretty much since day 2.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #566
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
The names the cobbler had sent to the wolves.
Ah. True.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #567
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
To be fair I think we all know that already, but now it's a too late to lynch the quiet just to be on the safe side. It would be very convenient for a wolf to try to make us do exactly that, though.
Yes, but no seemed to pay much attention to them vote wise on the first day when I made that post (my first post).

Quote:
And have things changed?
No

Quote:
How did you know that? It was pretty even between Nessa and him till the end.
It was 5 votes to 2 against Inzil when I voted, prior comments led me to believe people were on the Inzilwagon.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #568
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, right this moment I'd consider voting:

Nessa (who I still think might be a wolf)
Mac (though I'm afraid I've taken his attack on me personally and that this clouds my judgement)
elrond's_daughter or Mänwe (I'd hate to lose to a submarine and I think at least one of them is a wolf)
Possibly:
Shasta (very smooth customer though I've not had enough of a look at him to feel remotely confident)
Cailin (too bad she isn't here though)
Legate (though I'd rather not)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #569
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
To be honest, this attitude is starting to irritate me. If you happen to be suspected by Mac, you can't do anything without being suspicious, apparently. And apparently analyzing someone whom no one else has even bothered to consider is suspicious. Shoot me now.
Sometimes, yes, but only once I really made up my mind, which is not wholly the case with you. I mean, I did say that I might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I know exactly what you mean.
Pardon? I mentioned plenty of things that were innocent-looking about you. Being more or less consistent in one's suspicions is suspicious nowadays?

No Cailín, alright. Preference now (in order): Skip, Pitch, Shasta.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #570
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Right. I'm trying to read through everything, but it seems I've missed more toDay than I have other days. Hopefully I'll be able to digest enough in the next half-hour.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #571
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Pitch how about we didn't vote for Boro today even if he doesn't speak?
If he's indeed the cobbler, lynching him toDay is not the best idea anyway, and I just have that gut feeling he's innocent after all.

As for others, I starting to see how Legate could seem shady to some people, I'm flipflopping about skip, and I'm starting to find Shasta more and more creepy.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #572
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Shastanalysis pt 1

DAY 1
Wishy-washy comments on Rikae & Pitch. He thinks Mac, Kit and I look good as we're logical and down to earth, and is bothered about having no read on sally. Later he says he still likes Mac but thinks he makes too big a deal about my cobbler post, saying he might think so because he's wolfed with me and knows how my mind works. He's probably right, but it would also have been in a wolf's interests to keep me alive then. He likes Legate for pointing out that Lottie is being weird (ie. she doesn't have suspicions which is entirely atypical of her). Shasta did it occur to you that Lottie might have been the seer who didn't want to leave any trails towards an innocent? He votes for Lottie, putting her in the lead (however there are still a lot of votes to come).

DAY 2
He starts with saying Legate seems off and he doesn't like his "Inzil is suspicious but I don't really suspect him," and wonders if wilwa is trying to deflect attention from the sallywagon, agreeing with Rikae who wonders about her. He suggests the sallywagon couldn't be purely innocent-driven because it started so late - this is a bad point. He suspects Boro's defense of Pitch is merely damage control. If Boro is the cobbler, would a Shastawolf have said so? Not unless Pitch is innocent, I think.
He quotes Lommy who pointed out Inzil's quickly drawing a connection between the kills and asks if it can be so simple, and questions Cailín of her Nessa suspicion. Doesn't believe skip's hunter claim, says he was just looking for an epic 1000th post. Brings up the possibility of Kitanna's role being redistributed. I don't think a wolf would suggest that even to look better or be sporty.

Okay I'm about midway through day 2 but I'd rather post this now. I'll continue tomorrow if we both are still alive.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-10-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: xed since my last
Old 01-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #573
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I will most probably vote Shasta. At least given how people seem to be inclined to vote. El ron hubbard would be a remote possibility, Mac in some very distant brackets, only if I had to choose. But no, I'd prefer Shasta.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #574
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Now I'm having second thoughts about Legate too. I've kind of forgotten about ed in lack of material (this is why I think submarines should be lynched first) but if she's innocent, she's a very easy lynch.

Hmm.

Argh.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #575
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So Mac, you said you'd spell out why you find me so suspicious.

Why don't you?
(second time I ask now)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #576
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If skip is a wolf, would he push for Nessa's lynch when the consensus seems to be the wolves are just trying to frame her?

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-10-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: xed with skip
Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #577
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I will most probably vote Shasta. At least given how people seem to be inclined to vote. El ron hubbard would be a remote possibility, Mac in some very distant brackets, only if I had to choose. But no, I'd prefer Shasta.
That's a shame. I don't feel like voting you at all.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #578
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Mac is either innocent or seriously creepy. Wait, no news? Ah well.

I'll probably vote for Skip or Pitch toDay. Shasta is a possibility as well but I don't want to vote for him until I've had a closer look - which I don't have time for anymore. Rikae is creepy but I'm leaning innocent on her at the moment anyway.

I definitely don't want to vote for Cailín (though she is a very possible wolf in my opinion), Agan, Boro (hats off if he's a wolf), Nessa (even though I'm kind of suspecting her again) or Legate. I have no idea about Manwe or Elra, might be wolves but I'd prefer something more solid toDay since we really need to get it right this time.

EDIT: x-ed since Elra
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #579
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Legate, you were wondering in such a way that it seemed you wanted me to be suspected.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #580
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Also, Pitch - "more and more creepy"? You need to explain yourself, considering that the last time you mentioned me you were agreeing with me about Mac.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 01-10-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: X'ed with Greenie and Rikae
Old 01-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #581
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
That's a shame. I don't feel like voting you at all.
Well, I know. But I think you are a Wolf. If not, we can talk about it post-game and I can apologise to you, there probably is not much more.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #582
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, I know. But I think you are a Wolf.
Why?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #583
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay we need to get started because there are at least two wolves, probably more, who haven't voted yet.

++Pitchwife

In the end I think skip looks a bit better. Even though he looks wolfy, he seems to be relaxed in an "I don't have to worry about my fellows" sort of way, while Pitch has been more tense.

wilwa - ed
Nessa - Legate
Agan - Pitch

Left: ed, Mac, Shasta, Pitch, Rikae, Boro, Green, skip, Mänwe, Legate, Cailín?

I haven't used my retraction and will do so if things seem to go badly, but I'd rather not because it might be needed more tomorrow.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-10-2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: xed since Greenie
Old 01-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #584
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
If skip is a wolf, would he push for Nessa's lynch when the consensus seems to be the wolves are just trying to frame her?
I can't see why not. Quite a few people seem to have doubts about Nessa - and even if Nessa doesn't actually end up lynched, or even if she does, I can't see any particular harm for a Skipwolf in doing that. As in, you yourself seem to find him more innocent because of that.

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta and Agan. My lions! <3
Old 01-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #585
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I can't see why not. Quite a few people seem to have doubts about Nessa - and even if Nessa doesn't actually end up lynched, or even if she does, I can't see any particular harm for a Skipwolf in doing that. As in, you yourself seem to find him more innocent because of that.
Not exactly, it doesn't really sway me either way. I'm just wondering.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #586
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Legate, you were wondering in such a way that it seemed you wanted me to be suspected.
No, I was asking, but the problem with you is that you never answer. If you said "I am just singing out my frustration", as I have even asked if you do, it would've been okay with me. But if you drop some mysterious sentence or song or something (a song where you put yourself as the singer into the perspective of a Cobbler, obviously) and then just leave it be, it just makes me wonder if there is not something going on which I have not noticed.

EDIT: I keep x-ing since my last all the time now.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #587
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quick summary of feelings:

My opinion on Pitch has not changed, and I may vote him today.

Opinion on Mac hasn't changed either.

I think Shasta's okay, despite all the suspicion.

Nessa is worrisome.

So is skip. I think if I don't vote Pitch, I'll vote skip.

Not sure about pretty much everyone else. Including Boro. Though I can see where everyone's coming from with finding him a bit off.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #588
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

LRon Hubbard? No, I don't think so (although I suspected her early), she sounds genuine to me. Of course, if she's a wolf she doesn't really deserve to win and all that, but let's worry about that toMorrow or after that.

Shasta, if you've read the second part of that post, I don't think I need to explain myself toDay. But if it's any consolation, the sudden unisono against you is no less creepy.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #589
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Legate: lobster.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #590
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Pitch? I began having second thoughts the moment I saw Agan's vote - but if she had voted Skip I would probably have felt the same. This is proving fatal to my nerves.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #591
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I have a feeling this is going to end badly regardless of how we vote...

edit: xed with Greenie. Oh really? I think I know what you mean.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #592
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I have a feeling this is going to end badly regardless of how we vote...
Me too.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #593
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Lobster? Where?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #594
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
As you wish Agan.

Treatise on were-wolvery

This matter has troubled this almighty, powerful, exemplar Council of excellency since the dawn of time. This is truly why I thought I was summoned to this great and wise council, not to go gallobantering around, killing fellow council members but looking for werewolves. We know everything there is to know about Werewolves, yet we can't seem to find and kill them. So, now that we are in a dire situation that is the most dire. Let me begin.

There are two forms of werewolfus lupinius. The traditional werewolves of legend. These are humans for approximately 27 days of the month. But the day of the full moon, and the day before, and the day after, these humans transform into hairy, fanged, clawed, and beastly monstrosities called, werewolves. There is also the werewolves of Melkor's creation. Melkor sends evil spirits to inhabit the body of wolves, making them almost like superduper wolves, and really really powerful. The werewolves haunting this council seem to be even more deadly, since they are some strange hybrid of the legendary werewolves and evil spirits in bodies of wolves. Since, these werewolves do not need the full moon to transform, they appear to be able to mutate during the night.

And during the night, their animalistic instincts are incontrollable. They must feed. They must eat and only the blood of humans will satisfy their curse. If you can really say they are truly ever "satisfied." For each night they must always eat, it is never enough. Once they are through with one group of people, they will move on. They always move on, unless we can stop them. So, how do you stop them?

1. Pure Silver. This supposedly works the best, although I've never tried it and I have yet to encounter a werewolf. I have no idea how effective pure silver would work.

2. A vampire bodyguard. Werewolves hate vampires and vice versa. If you have vampire bodyguards the werewolves will most likely leave you alone. Werewolves desire those they call the "hot ones," vampires are "cold ones."

Preferably, 1 + 2 work the best. That is if you have a vampire body guard, who then is equipped with pure silver weapons. This way if the werewolves do dare attack you, your vampire body guards could kill them.

3. Killing the host body.

This option is the most difficult to perform, because it's almost like a blind witch hunt. Those fo us who are not werewolves, do not transform at night, we go to sleep. So, the only way we can kill them (if 1 and 2 are not viable options) is during the Day, when these werewolves are actually back in their human form. It's the most difficult because they leave no trace to their night transformations. It just happens spontaneously each and every night. It's not like we can go into Nessa's room and find wolf hairs all over the bed (although I bet you would). And you can't demand Agan open her mouth to check the size of her fangs. Everyone knows she has large, pointy fangs (and long long claws), anyway.

In fact. Did I ever tell you the time Agan scratched me with her claws? Granted I actually asked her to because I wondered what was a better at scratching, bear claws or Agan's. I think Agan's probably worked out the best, judging solely from memory and how well they scratched the itch on my arm.

Thus this is the conundrum we are in. 4 wolves remaining, 1 person on their side, and I don't know who ever else is left trying to lynch them. Decisions decisions.

I hope this has been a most helpful and beneficial post of my usual standards. I would hate to be a complete obstructionist for this whole council, but we all have a part to play, eh?

Now we get to the topic of Balrog's wings. Since we all know that Balrogs DO have wings. Sir JRR Tolkien tells us this, the question is are they literal or figuritive wings? If literal, are they functional in flight or serve another purpose? The only reason to have wings is for flight. Seriously, penguins and emus should all just not exist because they defy the my laws saying wings are only useful in flight. Sorry, Lommy, but it's true. So, if the Balrog had literal wings he'd have them for flight. However, all Balrogs who have died have fallen from great heights, and been killed by falling from tall places. This means Balrogs obviously can't fly, or they wouldn't just keep falling and killing themselves. In conclusion, Balrogs must have metaphorical wings. Yes? No. No. They have metaphorical wings of shadow. Shadow being the key word. Shadows have no physical presense, they have no aerodynamic ability. Thus wings of shadow are not very useful for flying, but if they were not wings of shadow then the Balrog would be able to fly. And there it is, Balrogs have literal wings of shadow.

++Nessa
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #595
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Legate: lobster.
What?

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 01-10-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: X'ed with Greenie and Boro
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #596
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Lobster? Where?
Here.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #597
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Thanks, Boro. Very helpful.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #598
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Why?
I have said it several times thoughout toDay scattered throughout different posts, there is not time to write on lengths now, but among what I said, some ways you said some things look fishy, the Mänwelysis and so on might be just looking for a good victim, some votes from you, etc...

Now I am really wondering. It is funny that I am now feeling really the best (read as: the most sure, the most suspecting) about Cailín, but she is not around... I am not really very much sure about those who now seem to be favoured, Pitch has said something recently which made me raise my eyebrows again, but before that when he came here he seemed being fine...

EDIT: xed again since my last
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #599
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aww sorry everybody, this probably wasn't the best time to poke fun at Legate's frustration!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #600
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I think I cross-posted.