Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #481
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
thakns!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-26-2004, 01:08 AM   #482
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal!" Maén's only been strangled, which woiuld mean she's still hurt but the blood is Arriten's from where she killed him to stop him killing her.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-26-2004, 05:36 AM   #483
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I'll fix my post. I allowed a friend of mine to post for me. He just got confused. I allowed him to post for me because I had an accident and couldn't get over to the computer. I apologize.

-Crystal-
Old 05-26-2004, 06:07 AM   #484
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Heart
Sorry I'll fix my post. I allowed a friend of mine to post for me. He just got confused. I allowed him to post for me because I had an accident and couldn't get over to the computer. I apologize.

-Crystal-
I hope youre ok!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-26-2004, 06:15 AM   #485
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anyone know where Eorl of Rohan is? The game is nearing the end and Eorl is nowhere to be seen! We need to guards to reveal themselves now

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-27-2004, 05:20 AM   #486
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

-Everdawn-

I'm alright now. I was in a car accident. I have stitches in my leg and my best friend didn't want me to walk over to the computer or any place for that matter! He's quite protective of me. I'm perfectly fine. The stitches will be taken out in a couple of weeks or so.

What a fine two weeks I've had! First food poisoning and now stitches. I'm sure lucky huh? Lol. I'm just kidding.

As a matter of fact I haven't even heard from Eorl of Rohan for quite a while. And while we are on the subject, Everdawn is my post correct now? Do you need me to change anything?

Frankly, as I sit here typing I'm beginning to wonder where anyone else is. I was only gone a couple of days and the plot had taken drastic steps forward, but now it seems to have stop once more. Are we going to be able to make the dead line?? I hope so.

Until next time!

-Crystal Heart-
Old 05-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #487
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know, im worried that its stopped and we have only a few days left! Ill have another post up tomorrow morning because ill I wont be home tonight, anyway, that will move us along near the end, looks like im going to have to take care of Aelimur and Ferethor and Carathir myself. I just wish people would give notice if they were going to drop out of the game!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-27-2004, 07:20 PM   #488
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I shall try to move the plot on as quickly as I possibly can without hurting the ending that you hoped to achieve.

-Crystal-
Old 05-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #489
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
=sighs= Mother has banned me from the internet and I've jsut been released. I'm really, really sorry. Am I out of the roleplay now?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:40 AM   #490
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I had no idea I was going to be banned, I came home one day and mother's taken away the net thingy box and stuff. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to inconvienience you, really, =bows head and looks really ashamed=
Old 05-28-2004, 04:41 AM   #491
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
I don't know if I'm really a person of 'authority,' but I think I can safely say you're still in the RPG, Eorl. I'm not quite sure how you wouldn't be. Is there even a way to 'kick people out of RPGs' unless they've done something horribly, horribly wrong? Well, nevermind my drabble.

Eorl, You can redeem yourself by posting...soon. Catch up on what you missed and get those guards a-traitorizin' (forgive me, I do not think that is actually a word).

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 05-28-2004, 05:20 AM   #492
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No Eorl, youre not banned, its just when people dissapear from the game for a while without notice they tend never to come back... ie- Melisil, and its very annoying for not only the game owner but the players they they dont give notice. Thats three so far in this game who have left, Melisil, Thengel, and Eladain Moruviel. Its just not fair of the other players. In future though, try and let us know if you are going to be away.

But thank goodness you came back!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-28-2004, 05:25 AM   #493
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

-Eorl of Rohan-

It is very good to see that you are back with the company. I have to agree with Everdawn in the annoyance that occurs when people leave and never return, but you have return so thus I shan't be annoyed with you. I hope that you are well.

-Crystal Heart-
Old 05-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #494
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
As a point of information: In the Shire and in Rohan, those who absent themselves from a game for 2 weeks, and without notice on the Discussion Thread may have their characters taken over by others in the game (or the game moderator) and characters killed off as needed. (See the Red Book of Westmarch)

Eorl, you have been accepted back into the game owner.

Please, everyone post to the Game now, and bring it to a successful conclusion.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-28-2004, 04:43 PM   #495
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ok IM going to post now which will bring us to the point where we leave Arriten's place and go to the place on the map where Maén saw Guriel's name. Then its not far to the end ok.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-28-2004, 08:33 PM   #496
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, some reaction on the events from the moving out of Arriten's mansion, to the getting to the shanty is needed before I post again, one of the final posts... then I will write a time-lapse post that will get us to Lysia's, give you your characters money, and conclusions on characters. Maén's will be the end of the game.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #497
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay... =is busy catching up on posts= I'll write as soon as it is possible. Or would someone give me a quick sumary of 1. What to write 2. the way roleplaying is going on 3. The end we're supposed to be creating 4. Fate of Guriel
Old 05-28-2004, 11:02 PM   #498
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

=breathes rapidly, her breath coming in gasps= Done. Read all the posts, typed up a satisfactory post. Again, I apologize. I am ashamed that I came back a day before the end. =sighs= Curse all parental units to the ninth hell of Dante's Inferno.

So, Everdawn, bring Maen to an encounter with Il Galoth, and Ferethor would bar the way just as the fighting's going to start and pull off the 'declaring his identity' magnificently.

I'd like to see Maen's reaction when Ferethor says something akin to, "In the name of High King Elessar and Gondor, I arrest Il Galoth and take him into the custody and protection of myself as the Captain of the Guards of Minas Tirith. Such was the especial order of Lord King, Maen, to arrest this renegade alive and therefore I cannot allow you to slay this traitor however deserving he may be of death. The decision of life and death of a Gondorian lies in the authority of the King Aragorn and his alone.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 05-28-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #499
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All shall be revealed in due time, and it will be something no one planned for but Aunt Lysia.

Edit: There is a moral to all this you know.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #500
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

0____0 If you tell me that this was all a joke planned by Aunt Lysia...
Old 05-28-2004, 11:33 PM   #501
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan
0____0 If you tell me that this was all a joke planned by Aunt Lysia...
Give me more credit than that. Youll just have to be paient and wait until the others have posted before I move on.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-29-2004, 06:06 AM   #502
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Hoom, wrapping up, are we? The action-packed climax draws near (or will it be one of those Twilight Zone endings? Or perhaps a cliffhanger?). Well, in my incredible excitement to actual find out what said ending is, Idruil will find a little extra speed on his mount if he can...

Just as post script, even though the end is still some days away (how many, 2?) it has indeed been enjoyable getting through this RPG with all of you. Plus, we managed to survive through the loss of several people very well. It's been a pleasure (though I think the most pleasant part is yet to come).

Old 05-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #503
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yeah, its been fun. Im going to leave it a few hours before I post again incase anyone wants to get another in.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #504
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank goodness. I'd probably have been quite angry if Aunt Lysia suddenly pops and says "And what moral have you learned from this, darling?" Like Nathaniel Hawthorne plucking a moral symbollic blossom from the rose-bush beside the prison door in The Scarlet Letter... I have quite a lot of faith in your resourcefulness, Maen, and this roleplay was really fun. Such a pity I missed so much of it.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #505
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Thank goodness. I'd probably have been quite angry if Aunt Lysia suddenly pops and says "And what moral have you learned from this, darling?" Like Nathaniel Hawthorne plucking a moral symbollic blossom from the rose-bush beside the prison door in The Scarlet Letter... I have quite a lot of faith in your resourcefulness, Maen, and this roleplay was really fun. Such a pity I missed so much of it.
Maén has nothing to do with it she is only my character in the game

But there, not what you all were expecting I bet.

It was not somehting i did on the spare of the moment, It was planned from the beginning.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-29-2004, 09:15 PM   #506
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Not... Quite... What.... I've... Been... Expecting.

And sorry for addressing you by your character's name, EVERDAWN. I shall remember.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:20 PM   #507
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Not... Quite... What.... I've... Been... Expecting.

And sorry for addressing you by your character's name, EVERDAWN. I shall remember.
I know. Now its right for conclusions.

When I was first thinking of this game I thought of that ending, that after everything shes gone through to try and make things right, nothing would ever change. Meh, Ill have my literary notes up at the end I suppose.

EORL: Now youll have to say somethign along the lines of.. "The king isnt going to be pleased" and reveal yourselves. Which is what I origionally wanted to happen at the manor. WOuld it trouble you much to include Aelimur in your post?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #508
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Quote:
“Guriel? He aint here.” Said the old women in a croaky voice.

“Where is he then?” shouted Maén in frenzy.

“He’s over the hill, has been there for a while.”
Love it! What a picture!

~*~ Pio
Old 05-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #509
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed. I can almost see Maen, half-distraught with the frenzy, clenching her fists convulsively and... yeah. Lovely. Your writing skills never cease to amaze me.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:47 AM   #510
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow! I come back and found that! Wow Maen and to think you had that planned the entire time. I had no idea that would be the conclusion! I have to applaud you.

To everyone in the company:

It has been the best thing that I have ever been in. It's been a pleasure RPing with each and everyone of you. I shall miss you all as a company. This has been the experience of a life time and I am glad that I decided to audition for this RP. Originally I thought that I was too inexperienced to keep up in a real RP. I had even expressed this fear to Pio as well. She had looked over my post and had posted for me in the beginning. She had said that I had talent. I thank you Pio for your confidence in a newer member.

I had only been here a couple of weeks when I had decided to join. I thank you all for looking past the date of my arrival and more at my skills and thinking as Pio did-that I could keep up with you all. You are all great RPers and I have learned much from each and everyone of you. You have taught me great things and in the process I feel as if you are all my friends-a sort of family as it were. Like a cast of members in a play that spend many days and hours together. I thank you all

-Crystal Heart-
Old 05-30-2004, 06:49 AM   #511
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

guys were not done yet.. Ill post a time laspe that will get us to Lysias tomorrow and then you can write your character conclusions.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #512
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Crystal, it has been a pleasure roleplayign with you, too. You are a wonderful roleplayer.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:56 AM   #513
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Appreciation, from Eorl of Rohan

Everyone, this role-play was a great experience for me, the first role-play ever, and I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Everdawn, your writing skill is great and I took much joy in this role-play, the legacy of traitors. I have found the surprise ending a pleasurable twist, and you have been a wonderful game owner who stayed tenaciously through the end and now will bring this role-play into a splendid ending. I thank you for role-playing with me.

Amanaduial the Archer, you write so breathtakingly magnificently that a poor writer like me can hardly look up to you. I have learned much from your role-play post. I especially liked ‘inclination of head’ and ‘falling into step’ and few other phrases that suited my deranged fancy towards English. You have been kind to my ridiculous mistakes, and helped me out quite a lot. I thank you for role-playing with me.

Piosenniel, your constant help and vital hints in this role-play helped Lagacy of Traitors flow smoothly. You lent me a hand with Child of Seventh Age when I struggled over the parts about characters, ignorant as I was than that I should not make use of someone else’s character so openly. I thank you for helping this role-play flow.

Crystal, your dedication toward this role-play amazed me, and your writing skill is inferior to none. In fact, you’re better than me and you should be confident. Your character was delightful and so was the time spent in role-playing with you. In fact, you’ve been a great person throughout this role-play, unlike me who’s like a black sheep of the role-play. Mysterious disappearance, stupid mistakes, etc. I thank you for role-playing with me.

Kransha, although you joined late into the role-play, Idruil fit right into the Legacy of Traitors and your detailed posts of the surroundings and everything was always enjoyable to peruse. I feel sorry because I don’t know you well enough as the others, but still I think you for role-playing with me.

Hama of the Riddermark, I loved the name of your character and it has also been a source of great pleasure to read your frequent and well-written posts. This may sound cliché, but I cannot say how much I thank you and all else who stayed toward the end of this role-play. I thank you for role-playing with me.

There are others who disappeared in the middle of the role-play and did not stay to see it come to a final conclusion. I pity them. I feel almost empty that this role-play is going to be over because I’ve known you all so well and it is such a pity indeed that we must separate like the fellowship dispersed after the One Ring was destroyed. But like Ferethor said, let our memory live in a pleasant remembrance that we can reminiscence with!

I thank you all for putting up with me through this role-play and staying to the end. I respect you all and cannot express enough gratitude for the joy that I took in this Legacy of Traitors, for I feel that I have grown as much as Ferethor did in this role-play. That friendship and honor may exist, that there can be love and camaraderie even amid all the despair and troubles that this expedition went through. If Il Galoth wasn’t dead and Maen killed him at the end of the role-play, I don’t think I will let him kill Maen or even try to. Friendship is over everything.

I thank you, once more, with all my heart.

Eorl of Rohan, writing in South Korea, Seoul in May 31, 2004.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:59 AM   #514
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan- What words! You've brought me to joyful tears. But do not sell yourself short my friend, you have been such an awesome portion of this roleplay. I feel you have a great sense of who your character was and is and you're use of such elements as surprise, suspense, and so many others is truly outstanding. You have, as my best friend calls is "mad skills"- meaning that you are very very talented indeed.

I must agree with Eorl about the feeling of being sad. This has taken up so much of my life, that I will miss you all. I know that I will see you all once again. Maybe not all together in an RP as this has been, but I know I'll see you around.

Once again I invite you all to the RP I am currently working on with Child of the Seventh Age called "Seekers of Truth." If any of you are interested please look into it once I get it going with Child's help.

You all are amazing people with equally amazing skill. The more experienced ones here I must thank you for your kindness to new rpers. I have been on many sites of RPing and I have not found one that treats "newbies" the way that this one does. We were allowed to learn the ropes, learn the rules of a Roleplay by being allowed into one.

I shall miss everyone in this RP as well as the RP its self. It was nicely crafted into a great story that I will miss.

Thank you Everdawn for allowing me to join. This has been the adventure of a life time.

-Crystal Heart: The company's little wildfire-
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 AM   #515
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

While I am thinking about it, Maen is yours the very last post in this RP or are we allow to wrap up ourselves with other characters?

-the one and only Crystal Heart-
Old 05-31-2004, 10:37 AM   #516
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
My post is up at the cemetary...Roryn is understandably angry, and it has a couple of nasty details in it, perhaps appropriate for the sad ending?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:13 PM   #517
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Wow...the Passion of the Roryn

Eorl, you do me a great honour - wow. Thanks. I have learned a few things from playing with you in this game, seriously, so thank you again. I'm glad you felt the same

I can't match Eorl's words, really - I couldn't do justice to my feelings about a whole game of writing amongst you. The way you have interacted and worked your characters, deepening them individually and entwining them with the others in the game was something very special and playing with you all has been marvellous. I quite liked Atharen, but since the beginning he has changed quite alot - my own plans for him were sort of pushed aside. And it's the power of your subplots, writing, and strength of characters that did that. One may create a role play character, but a truly succesful game can be marked when you realise that actually, the other RPGers have made your character as much as you yourself.

Thanks, and I very much hope to play with you in the future.

Oh, and good luck those of you with exams coming up!

- Amanaduial a.k.a Atharen
Old 05-31-2004, 02:30 PM   #518
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Atharen I would like to personally thank you for not shying away at the idea that of this relationship that I PMed you so early on in the game with. Thank you for allowing me to run with the idea and putting up with it even if you did not like it at times or if you were unsure of how it would all work out. Thank you. From the bottom on my heart I thank you for entertaining a young woman's ideas. You are truly kind.

-Crystal Heart-

P.S. To all of you here if you would like to join my game please PM me. I will give you all the lagistics of the game that I am currently working with Child of the 7th Age to create.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:34 PM   #519
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok guys Ill have my ending for Maén and then Ill post a conclusion either here or on the game thread depening on whether it has closed or not.

Can I just say, thankyou for making this game a reality for me. I had a wonderful time. I cant really say more than what has already been said about everyone becuase it pretty much sums it up!

Thankyou once again,

-Everdawn.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-31-2004, 02:37 PM   #520
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Well, I don't know if this will be my last post in the Discussion Thread (I assume it's going to all end tonight or tomorrow, but I won't be here much of tomorrow, so this might be it, either way), but it has been wonderfully fun. I'm proud to say that the first RPG I ever joined is nearing such a well-thought conclusion.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you. Everything from random horseracing at Jacobe's Run, to imperial deception, to Austen-esque deceptive romance, to war, glory, sorrow, adventure, everything a great RPG needs. It was, of course, a pleasure to be here playing alongside you, newcomers and experienced players alike.

I'm afraid, Crystal, that if you're RPG starts sooner than 2 months from now, I can't even consider it. Somehow, I've gotten into 2 other engagements in RPGs. Being in this game opened countless doorways for me (really, countless), and I can thank all of you for that. Either way, this has been most fun, most exhilarating, and most enjoyable. Good luck to all of ye.