The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up A Day In The Life of The Barrow Wight Himself

Hit by an inspiration, I recently acquired a Barrow Wight action figure from eBay. It seemed to me that the only logical thing to do next was make a little story for him.

Here goes nothing! A short documentary about the Barrow Wight Himself on a typical day...

Well, I hope you all enjoyed that. Has anyone else got one of these? I would have thought it would be common place around here, of all places!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
1420!

I believe this deserves a review:

Acclaimed journalist and author H.T. Goomba turns his hand to fly-on-the-wall documentary-making with this thought-provoking examination of the daily (un)life of iconic ghoul, the Barrow Wight. With the same unflinching realism seen in his ground-breaking graphic novel series "The Phantom & Alien", Mr Goomba creates a fascinating snapshot of the controversial spectre's personal journey from lonely ghoul lying face-up in a ditch to lonely ghoul lying face-down in another ditch. On the way we glimpse the legendary wight's fiery personality and his fiercely independent attitude to outsiders, as well as his stormy relationship with enigmatic Gallifreyan, "The Doctor".

In this devastatingly bleak yet radiantly uplifting bio-pic, Goomba weaves a multi-layered narrative which is both a tribute to the power of the ghoulish spirit and a dazzling insight into one of Middle-earth's most unfairly neglected action figures.

There.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I believe this deserves a review:

Acclaimed journalist and author H.T. Goomba turns his hand to fly-on-the-wall documentary-making with this thought-provoking examination of the daily (un)life of iconic ghoul, the Barrow Wight. With the same unflinching realism seen in his ground-breaking graphic novel series "The Phantom & Alien", Mr Goomba creates a fascinating snapshot of the controversial spectre's personal journey from lonely ghoul lying face-up in a ditch to lonely ghoul lying face-down in another ditch. On the way we glimpse the legendary wight's fiery personality and his fiercely independent attitude to outsiders, as well as his stormy relationship with enigmatic Gallifreyan, "The Doctor".

In this devastatingly bleak yet radiantly uplifting bio-pic, Goomba weaves a multi-layered narrative which is both a tribute to the power of the ghoulish spirit and a dazzling insight into one of Middle-earth's most unfairly neglected action figures.

There.

I concur!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote