The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #41
aiea
Newly Deceased

aiea has just left Hobbiton.
all and everything

I wish to try to start some investigations starting from some ideas that Tolkien just hint.
That is a little crazy because it is really hard to do it (and not in my first language) So i'll hope in help
1) when Iluvatar created he start a division between him and Ea.
2) Light is code that need void (or no light) to be understand on a dual level
3) Jewels are not trinkets to make one more pretty, but (living) symbols of what Light is.
4) so Barahir ring, silmaril elassar gem, the 3 rings, the 7 palantirs have a lot on common between them
5) power is really a mystery. Knowledge of something also if it is very deep if it is not knowledge of All it is always a lie so one has to be deceived.
To be able to grasp how the 3 rings (that are never be touched from Sauron) are still subject to his power it is one of the biggest mystery.My Hint it is that the good that has not included the evil in its good is a fake good, just a preservation of some fixe idea.
Manve or Ulmo ideas of the song without the understanding of the complexity of Iluvatar are just dead, wrong, evil if you like as Melkor. Just when them understand the Whole acknowledge Rain and Snow: If was allowed to them the realization of an Unmarred Arda as were in their partial understanding this bring immobility that is as Death for Iluvatar aims.
5) Language . To be able to speak the first language (before Babele) bring the understanding of the thing.
High Elfic ( of whom i am full ignorant )or Ent language is very good, very alike to what is Life,but has not a name for the Evil (and it is very interesting the Ent name for Orcs ) .
The black language is at opposite magic. It steal from the thing some meaning and put it under its knowledge of it.
Men that take Melkor for God or Saruman fall in breaking light are not stupid: They know that Black magic, that Evil is more strong , more powerful that good.Andin some way they are able to see what the good one are not able to see a sort of stupidity . Radagast is a stupid also if he is uncorrupted.
6) The one ring is the symbol of one division. To get more power one has to loose some power.First one loose the possibility to change form then reduce his possibilities.
Fear of death is fear of changing. For a man to live in Amman is the most terrible thing that could occur to him.
7) the ringwraith are become the rings (this is my take about the discussion :who hold the ring) They are immortal as a thing could become immortal but that is a dream or a nightmare...

Last edited by aiea; 05-13-2011 at 05:10 AM.
aiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #42
aiea
Newly Deceased

aiea has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiea View Post
To be able to grasp how the 3 rings (that are never be touched from Sauron) are still subject to his power it is one of the biggest mystery.
Vilya ("air"), the Ring of Water, is made of gold with a big sapphire. .
The second Ring, Nenya ("water"), is made of the Dwarf-silver Mithril with a diamond on it.
. Narya ("fire"), the third Ring, is made of unknown metal with a ruby on it. These Rings had the power to preserve and to protect, and they also helped their bearers to endure the weariness of Middle-earth and carry the burden of life

From the point of view of elements the Earth as element (as Tapas the lower form of energy)
rules from below all these 3 elements . You could preserve and protect, but at the end:"From dust you have come. To dust you shall return.
The only way to salvation is in the third property “carry the burden of life”. Fire of spirit that burns more strong than fire of the molten core of earth. The only real preservation and protection is destruction !
So is the image of Frodo at one point in the book...
aiea is offline   Reply With Quote