The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #121
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Dark-Eye stop!

~~~~~TIME!!!!! ~~~~~

Expect Rune's death shortly.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #122
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye Good night, and thank you

The villagers gathered in the square yet again, hoping tonight that they would kill a wolf and not lose one of their own. After some discussion, they settled on Rune Son of Bjarne. His traveling ways made them suspicious.

“But how to kill a traveling cheese juggler?” they all wondered. They sat for a long time, pondering their dilemma—not whom to kill, but how. Until finally…

“Well, bombs are fairly accurate,” ventured Wilwarin. “We could build a bomb and then drop it on him. So he’d die.” The rest of the village agreed and turned to look at Wayne, who stared back at them, wondering about his task.

Wayne, you must bring us…a Tactical Nuke!” they told him, in unison.

“But that’ll kill us all!” he protested.

“Well, then, Mr Scientist, you’ll have to find a way to keep us alive.”

“We could…ummmm…lie on the floor. With paper bags over our heads. If we do that, then a bomb won’t kill us.” The villagers agreed and Wayne set off to complete his mission. Just then, Sotty stepped forward.

“Well, excuse me, villagers, but it seems that we’d like to have him in the right place. We’ll need some kind of an attraction for him. I was just thinking, well, I could have my students hold a cheese-juggling contest. It would be sure to draw him,” she said. After they consented, she added another part to her plan. “I just realized, wouldn’t it make sense for the bomb to be made of cheese? It could at least look like it is. My younger students could make a giant cheese to go around it,” she volunteered. The villagers applauded the ideas and the children set to work immediately on the cheese contest and costume.

Meanwhile, Wayne was finishing up with the bomb. When the students came with the cheese costume for it, they applied it and prepared for the death.

Rune was winning the cheese-juggling contest by far, as none of the students had any experience in juggling cheese. When he was announced the winner, the Tactical Cheese Nuke was rolled down the hill to him under the guise of a trophy. The rest of the villagers ran away and put paper bags on their heads, but they heard the explosion.

They stood up one by one and went to look for remains of Rune’s body. Nobody found anything, until finally…

“A tail,” said Tar-ancalime. “People don’t have tails.”

The villagers, at this point, knew that they had indeed killed a wolf. They all went home and lived happily ever after…until TOMORROW.

ALIVE:
Bergil, m. A 'Superstitious Guy.'
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Eonwe. Friendly undertaker.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
Hiriel. Connoisseur of pointy objects.
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.
Kitanna. Historian.

DEAD:
Malkatoj (mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
Glirdan (ordinary) Shot with a 24-carat gold bullet on DAY one.
Márcolië Lamen (Shelob/Mytho) Vanished from ever having existed in Lower Tadfield on DAY one.
Gurthang (ordinary) Mauled by werewolves on NIGHT two.
Rune Son of Bjarne (wolf) Blasted to shreds by a Tactical Cheese Nuke, DAY two.

**please note that names mentioned in the deaths have nothing to do with anything unless they're the names of the people who died**

IT IS NOW NIGHT. I need a name from the wolves, seer, hunter and ranger by 9:00 GMT-5 tomorrow (That's 1 AM GMT).
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #123
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye deathishness

Once upon a time, in a far away land called Lower Tadfield, there were three wolves. But one of them died so there were only two. And it wasn't far away, either. It was right here. Actually, this is a true story.

So one night, these wolves decided to kill someone. More specifically, they decided to kill Kitanna. Kitanna was the ranger. The villagers were very sad. The end.

Moral of the story: don't have wolves in your town.

More important Moral of the Story: Don't let both your mod and backup mod get sick at the same time so they're both too tired to write up an actual death.

ALIVE:
Bergil, m. A 'Superstitious Guy.'
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.

DEAD:
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
Márcolië Lamen (Shelob/Mytho) Vanished from ever having existed in Lower Tadfield on DAY one.
Kitanna (ranger) Killed...eaten? by wolves, NIGHT three.

IT IS NOW DAY. Wolves, stop PMing. I'll expect your votes in 24 hours' time.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:09 PM   #124
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Well this sucks. Now we lost are only chanch of protection. Kittana tried her best to protect us but she didnt protect her self.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #125
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
Well this sucks. Now we lost are only chanch of protection. Kittana tried her best to protect us but she didnt protect her self.

Oh dear...

Well, before I knew that she was our ranger I could see why the wolves voted for her specifically...

Which gives me some good advice as to how I should conduct my arguments next time...

It's a great loss... As I can imagine it was for the wolves as well...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #126
sotty
Pile O'Bones

sotty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to sotty
Shield

I was pretty convinced that Kitanna was our seer after she was so right about Rune but loosing our Ranger is still a very sad loss. There is no one but the Hunter left to protect out poor village now.

I think Kitanna might have pegged more than one wolf in this list of hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Kitanna”
In order I suspect these people:
1)Rune
2)Sleepy Ranger and Sotty
3)And a distant third of Bergil

Tar-ancalime is far down on that list…at least for now. I also think there is a good chance our third wolf did not vote yesterday.
That could be the reason why she was selected for the kill, that or they thought like me that she was the seer. I understand that I am also on this list and I'm sure after my post pointing out the flaws in Kitanna's, Rune theory many people will be looking my way today. At the time I made that post I wasn't solely convinced (doh!) of Rune's guilt and I wanted to try and protect the village from the loss of another innocent. Turns out I was completely wrong and now my good intentions might just land me in hot water.
sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #127
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
yesterDAY's votes

YesterDAY's voting, in order:

tar-ancalime: THE Ka (THE Ka, 1)
Kitanna: Rune (THE Ka, 1; Rune, 1)
THE Ka: Rune (Rune, 2; THE Ka, 1)
Sleepy Ranger: Rune (Rune, 3; THE Ka, 1)
Wilwarin: Rune (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1)
Bergil: Wayne (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1)
Hiriel: tar-ancalime (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1)
sotty: Hiriel (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1)
Holbytlass: Sleepy Ranger (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1; Sleepy Ranger, 1)
Eonwe: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 1; five others, 1 each)
Rune: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 2; five others, 1 each)

(I didn't find a "vote" post from WaynetheGoblin--did I miss it? If so I apologize.)

Some thoughts, based solely on the voting:

An easy conclusion to jump to is that Eonwe is also a wolf; however, voting late for Kitanna, only to maul her that NIGHT, seems awfully bold to me. Eonwe is either an uncommonly bold wolf, or a convenient patsy.

Perhaps unfortunately for us innocents, Rune's fate was sealed (or nearly so) relatively early in the DAY. That gave the other two wolves plenty of time and opportunity to vote for others without establishing a particular pattern.

Let's look at the votes of the post-Rune voting crowd:

Bergil votes for Wayne, citing suspicions of Wayne's non-vote on DAY 1. (Posts 109 and 112)

Hiriel votes for tar-ancalime, citing suspicions of tar-ancalime's vote for THE Ka, as well as lingering doubts from DAY 1 (Post 114)

sotty votes for Hiriel, citing a gut feeling, as well as doubts based on Hiriel's missing the vote on DAY 1. (post 115) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this brings us to one vote each for those who didn't vote on DAY 1. (My vote, while pre-Rune for scheduling reasons, falls into this category as well. I needed to choose someone who missed the vote on DAY one, based on my theory that one of those was a wolf. I had no real compelling reason to choose THE Ka instead of Hiriel, as I stated in my post.)

Holbytlass votes for Sleepy Ranger, without giving a reason (Post 117)

Eonwe votes for Kitanna, because of Kitanna's suspicion of Rune (Post 118)

Rune votes for Kitanna for obvious reasons.

What does this tell us? Again, that Eonwe is either a bold wolf or an unfortunate innocent. That other than Rune, we as a village had no strong inclinations yesterDAY. That Wayne (again, correct me if I'm wrong) is the only villager to have no votes count at all for DAYS 1 and 2.

I'm at a loss.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #128
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
What does this tell us? Again, that Eonwe is either a bold wolf or an unfortunate innocent. That other than Rune, we as a village had no strong inclinations yesterDAY. That Wayne (again, correct me if I'm wrong) is the only villager to have no votes count at all for DAYS 1 and 2.
... And yet they are capable of posting right after the second night.

Hmm... Maybe Wayne's votes are just rather elusive and no one's counting them right, or suspisions are abound. Though, maybe it is just forgetting to put 'Vote' in the title, which some of us newcomers to the game did yesterday at first. If so, then remember to put 'Vote' in this time. If this wasn't the reason I have no choice, but to hold some suspision.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 10-21-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:17 PM   #129
sotty
Pile O'Bones

Thumbs up

That was something I forgot to ask, Wayne please talk more! We have no idea who you suspect or what you think, all inputs are needed I feel so don't be afraid to chip with more than one or two lines a post.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:52 PM   #130
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Forgot to add in my last post:

THE Ka's relatively early vote for Rune yesterDAY makes me think now that she (he?) is innocent. At the time of the vote, the only other votes were for THE Ka and Rune. If both THE Ka and Rune were wolves, why not try to throw suspicions elsewhere, instead of adding to the troubles of a fellow wolf so early?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:49 AM   #131
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Hmm yea THE Ka's early vote does make her look innocent but she might have thought that its still early so it could still go either way and if it did she could change her vote but after seeing how the situation ended up she decided to stick with her vote. Of course this theory is highly unlikely so I believe that THE Ka is innocent.

At the moment I find Wayne to be highly suspicious and heres something Sotty posted.

Quote:
Wayne voted at 7.46pm
DEATH voted at 7.49pm
Rune voted at 7.49pm
Now it could have been that they all just cross-posted but it could also have been that they were wolves and had decided a common time to vote so it would look like they just cross-posted. Now seeing how Death is dead and innocent and Rune is dead and a wolf. Also both Rune AND Wayne voted for the same person, perhaps Wayne messed up his vote by mistake and they had planned on band-waggoning. Now I know this theory has a lot of holes but it caught my eye and Wayne does seem to be upto something.

Also I request the seer to drop some hints if possible.
And Holbytlass are you still sticking to your band-waggoning theory or did you just vote for no reason?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #132
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well I see someone wants me to post more. My suspcions are on one person bergil. He voted for me when he knew that rune was going to die. I think he tried to protect rune. I didnt vote for rune because when I wanted to the voting was closed. I would have voted for him.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #133
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
White-Hand

Quote:
Well I see someone wants me to post more
Actually we all want you to post more, and not just more posts, but more in your posts. I might vote for you just out of anoyance.

We lost our Ranger, thats not good at all. I think the wolves had no idea that Kit was the Ranger, they probably only chose her because they wanted revenge for the loss of Rune.

So the wolves got lucky. Lets just hope toDay is the villager's turn to get lucky.

My thoughts on everyone left:

Bergil not to sure bout him, will be kepping my eyes on him though
Wilwarin538 innocent
WaynetheGoblin rather annoying, suspicious in my eyes
Sleepy Ranger not sure about him eather, he's gotten suspicion I believe, watching him
Sotty I don't find him to suspicious
Tar-ancalime seems very helpful, I trust her
Eonwe I personally have a bad feeling about him, though he does help, not sure
Holbytlass, f. I'm thinking she is innocent, but again still watching her
Hiriel. not sure at all
THE Ka. also not sure, inclined to think she's innocent

So those are my thoughts. I will be back in about 5 hours.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #134
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
And Holbytlass are you still sticking to your band-waggoning theory or did you just vote for no reason?
When I went to vote there were so many votes already for Rune. I like to see votes spread out some and so I went with Sleepy Ranger since I had some suspicions to begun with. Unfortunately, I didn't check out the rest of the voting and didn't see the votes already spread so much. Had I seen that, I would have re-evaluate the ones already voted for and perhaps placed my vote differently.

The second DAY is not much better than the first, so suspicions (for me) aren't that much more concrete, I'm glad the village got lucky and nailed a wolf, not glad the wolves got lucky and nailed the ranger.

Onto re-evaluating everyone.......
Old 10-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #135
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
THE Ka's early vote does make her look innocent but she might have thought that its still early so it could still go either way

Eh, somewhat. it really was because I was going through paranoia due to the time zone differences... I knew if I continued longer, or decided to change my vote and support my reasoning for changing, that it most likely would not make it in time. So, I started early in a hope that it would at least make the vote in time.

~ Ka
Old 10-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #136
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

My suspicions of Eonwe are growing as I continue to read over the posts from YesterDAY.

Eonwe tries to make it look like Kitanna led a crusade against Rune, when in fact Kitanna made all of her posts early in the DAY. She repeatedly asked for Rune to defend himself. Others who voted for Rune cited Kitanna's posts as influential to them, but I think that Rune's increasingly defensive rebuttals are more telling than Kitanna's original posts. He made all of his comments after Kitanna stopped posting. I don't even think all of Rune's comments were directed at Kitanna--I think he was speaking to the later voters who were still online.

Eonwe wrote:

Quote:
i strongly discourage teh Rune Bandwagon. Kitanna, i don't think you really have much of a case.
and then:
Quote:
my goodness, there just isn't much to go on. I don't have strong feelings on any of our candidates for the noose. Ill go with
++KITANNA
because i don't like the way she is gunning for Rune. Like i said, i don't think there is much of a case left.
I'd hardly call Kitanna's posts "gunning for Rune." Before settling on Rune, she put forth several theories, including some (wholly unfounded, of course!) suspicions of me.

I'm definitely not ready to vote yet, but here are my current feelings:

Eonwe: I'm quite suspicious of yesterDAY's posts
Wayne: a little suspicious, because his posts generally don't tell us much
THE Ka: I'm almost sure she's innocent
Sleepy Ranger: probably innocent (due to vote for Rune)
Wilwarin: probably innocent (due to vote for Rune)
Bergil: probably innocent (gut feeling)
Hiriel: not sure
Holbytlass and sotty: I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other

I look forward to reading some more comments and revising this list.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:54 AM   #137
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Wilwarin: probably innocent (due to vote for Rune)
She did vote at a point where it seemed that Rune would definately be the one getting lynched so I'm not sure about her. She could be innocent but I don't think so, she has been kinda quiet.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #138
Bergil
Wight

Bergil has just left Hobbiton.
I suspect WayneTheGoblin more then ever for 3 reasons. 1, the aforementioned non-vote. 2, I can't think of any sort of connection between him and poor Kiatanna. 3, I don't think anyone before me who really suspected him and he over-reacted to my vote, accusing me. draw your own conclusions, but I've already drawn mine.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #139
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 1
Wilwarin-->Tar-Ancalime (tar-1)
Holby-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-1)
SleepyRanger-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-2)
Sotty-->Tar-ancalime (tar-2, glir-2)
Kittanna-->Sleepy Ranger (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1)
Eonwe-->Wilwarin (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1)
Gurthang-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2 sleep-1, wil-1, marc-1)
Bergil-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Wayne-->Marcolie (doesn't count)
Marcolie-->Glirdan (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Rune-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-3)

no vote: Glirdan, Tar-ancolime, Hiriel, The Ka

Day 2
tar-ancalime: THE Ka (THE Ka, 1)
Kitanna: Rune (THE Ka, 1; Rune, 1)
THE Ka: Rune (Rune,2; THE Ka, 1)
Sleepy Ranger: Rune (Rune, 3; THE Ka, 1)
Wilwarin: Rune (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1)
Bergil: Wayne (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1)
Hiriel: tar-ancalime (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1)
sotty: Hiriel (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1)
Holbytlass: Sleepy Ranger (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1; Sleepy Ranger, 1)
Eonwe: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 1; five others, 1 each)
Rune: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 2; five others, 1 each)

no vote Wayne

VOTED FOR RUNE
The Ka: very interesting this time around, votes third when a vote is already against her. She votes Rune. Most people, wolf or innocent waits to the end to vote in case they have to save themselves. If she is innocent, she wouldn't know if Rune was a wolf or not, so her voting early says to me that if either she or Rune gets it, the other comes off looking innocent. High on suspect list.

Wilwarin:suspicious because of her voting placement, fourth for Rune. Definitely a position to bet on the high likelihood that he'll get it, comes of looking good for voting a wolf, but if someone else gets it, oh well.

Sleepy Ranger:suspicious also for voting placement.

I realize there are only 2 wolves left and I doubt both would vote Rune, out of these I find The Ka to be most suspicious.

OTHER VOTERS
Wayne: looking suspicious because of voting incorrectly, then not voting at all, as if he doesn't want a vote trail.

BTW, why is everyone talking of changing votes? They're NON-retractable, or does one mean changing the mind BEFORE voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar
Which is maybe why Eonwe thought that Kittanna was gunning for Rune so strongly. We all hail Kittanna for nabbing a wolf especially since she wasn't the seer but it was still guesswork. I myself was suspicious of Rune then changed my mind, how wrong was I! Anyway, my point is that I think Eonwe is just getting set-up.

My brain is fried....got to check back later for a fresh look, to surmise:

SUSPICIOUS LIST
The Ka
Wane
Wilwarin
Sleepy Ranger

NOT SUSPICIOUS
Tar-Ancolime
Eonwe

The others will have to wait
Old 10-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #140
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Vote

Quote:
Wilwarin:suspicious because of her voting placement, fourth for Rune. Definitely a position to bet on the high likelihood that he'll get it, comes of looking good for voting a wolf, but if someone else gets it, oh well.
Actually there was 11 possible votes yesterday. I voted for Rune when there was 3-Rune 1-Ka. The votes could have easily gone another way.

Plus I did admited that I was bandwagoning.

I think I'm gong to stick with being the first to vote, I seem to be safer that way.

++WaynetheGoblin
Old 10-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #141
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

well, i just got back from work...it was awesome, let me tell you.

right, as for my unfortunate insedent last Evening, it was just that. I totally didn't think rune was a wolf. so i defended him. that's it. but try to put yourself in a wolve's position: by the time i got on, rune had four votes. there was some chance of someone else getting five votes, but not much. so if i was a wolf, i would have killed him. plain as that.

speaking of wolves voteing, im pretty darn sure (ok im possitive) that there is a wolf in the voting for rune. im thinking 3rd or 4th, because you wouldn't vote second for a wolf, there would be too much chance that it would kill him. you would only want to vote for a fellow wolf when it is pretty plain that he is already dead. but i don't think it would be the last, taht would be too obvious. so im thinking third. whick happens to be sr, i believe.

ok not much else, im at a slight loss. im gonna have to vote before six, my time (EST) so be forewarned. that's all for now.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #142
sotty
Pile O'Bones

Sting

The people that are left and the level of my suspicions on them

HirielHigh

As I said yesterday, Hiriel waiting until the last moment to vote is very suspicious to me. I made the point that it leaves her with a lot of options as to where her vote should go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Hiriel”
Eek. Couldn't get as much time as I thought. Hopefully, I'll get more time to disect the rest of what's gone on, but I might just have to post a quick vote in the nick of time.
In the nick of time? Hoping to save Rune perhaps? In this post (105) she also throws more suspicions onto Tar who I believe at the moment anyway, is innocent. She also examines Rune but he already had 3 votes on him and his fate was pretty much sealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Hiriel”
I'll be very interested to see what happens tonight and who Rune turns out to be, and by then I should have some good theories about who has a hairy complex
I'd love to hear them Hiriel because right now you are still high on my list.

BergilHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Bergil”
Ghurthang, Sleepy Ranger, and Rune have travelled more and may have been lost in the forest, but this proves nothing. also, I've had strange feelings ever since I've came here, but I'd always put it down to flows of chii, or having met some of the people here in a previous life.
This is his first post it was of very little substance and he throws suspicious towards three villagers, we know Ghurthang was an innocent but Rune was indeed a wolf. My opinion on Sleepy so far is a likely innocent so was Bergil trying to throws us of sent by saying he in fact pointed at a wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Bergil”
++Marcolie "DEATH" Laman

I don't suspect her in the least' but I must vote for someone.
Now he “randomly” votes an innocent in his next post. Both myself and Holbytlass have talked in thread about this and how it could be seen as a not so random and even wolfish. Bergil then claims he cross posted and decides to throw suspicions onto Wayne. Shifting our focus perhaps? He is making me nervous to say the least.

EonweMedium to High

The points being made about Eonwe are quite interesting and he has moved up in my suspicions today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Eonwe”
um i happen to agree with sr. what good is stabbing in the dark the whole game through. logic. tell me why. what is behind it all? that is what we need to see, cold hard logic. we won't get anywere without it. but there is a great derth of that Day one. so........

++willwa there is no logic and this is a completly random vote. i didn't even do the names in a hat trick...
This Eonwe first day vote in which he in fact contradicts himself in. One breath he's saying lets use cold hard logic and in the next he goes for a complete random vote. This is strange to me as even on the first day people managed to find some logic in voting (all be it the wrong kind). Then yesterday he stands up for Rune more aggressively than myself, so this is bound to draw peoples suspicions. I cannot jump on him for this though, because I did have similar doubts

WaynetheGoblinMedium

I'm not sure about Wayne. His posts have started to annoy me slightly too but is that enough to assume he is a wolf? Not sure. I really did think he thought his vote counted on the first day, no real master plan behind that. So he could be like Rune hiding his vote in a “safe” place. The main reason I don't suspect him is because the people I do suspect (Bergil) are trying to gets us to look that way

Sleepy Ranger- low to medium

The only thing that bothered me about Sleepy was his lack of reasons when voting Glirdan on the first day. He has since cleared that up and is also another person on the Rune wagon and so in my eyes he is less suspicious right now.

Wilwarin538Low

For now I am willing to believe that she is a likely innocent. The only real suspicions people have of her is the band wagoning of Rune. She is low on my list because the only person to have voted for her is someone I suspect of being a wolf (Eonwe) and because she did in fact vote for Rune. There are arguments that she was the last vote on and could see no way to save Rune but I find this highly unlikely, for now.

Tar-ancalime, Holbytlass and THE Ka are all low on my list right now due to their posts being filled of helpful information and varying theories, but I could be completely wrong.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #143
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Vote

Since I am not feeling well and doubt I will be on later I will vote now.

++Bergil
This is going by Sotty's reasoning. My original plan was to vote for Wayne but Sotty's post has made me re-consider. If I am on later and any development has taken place in this matter I will retrace my vote but I don't think I'll be able to come on.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #144
Bergil
Wight

Sotty

I will not dignify your accusations with a rebuttal pointing out the obvous flaw. If you hadn't ruined your credibility, I could be brought to see Hiriel as a wolf.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:37 PM   #145
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

vote

Well it seems that I have a vote. I am still suspicious of bergil.

++bergil

I will be gone for a littel. I think I voted right if not please tell me.

Last edited by WaynetheGoblin; 10-22-2005 at 02:54 PM.
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #146
sotty
Pile O'Bones

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergil
I will not dignify your accusations with a rebuttal pointing out the obvous flaw. If you hadn't ruined your credibility, I could be brought to see Hiriel as a wolf.

Please, please PLEASE point out this flaw. If I am wrong than I am wrong, I will have no problem admitting that. If you don't, this statement makes you MORE guilty in my eyes....
Old 10-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #147
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, i'm pretty sure taht i will be able to get back on in the next hour. (after that, i wouldn't be on though ). however, if anything should come up, i would most likely have voted bergil, because he is on my List. (although he is not the highest, i want my vote to go somewhere this time).

sotty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotty
This Eonwe first day vote in which he in fact contradicts himself in. One breath he's saying lets use cold hard logic and in the next he goes for a complete random vote. This is strange to me as even on the first day people managed to find some logic in voting (all be it the wrong kind). Then yesterday he stands up for Rune more aggressively than myself, so this is bound to draw peoples suspicions. I cannot jump on him for this though, because I did have similar doubts
no, this is not a contradiction. the wrong kind of logic is not logic. sorry im being short, but im pressed for time right now. YOU DON"T KNOW anything on day one. ever. so ALL YOU HANVE TO GO ON IS RANDOM VOTES. but as time goes on that is when the cold hard logic comes in. ok thats all i got to run.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #148
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril Vote

++Bergil

may you me a wolf...

im off for tonight...fare thee well...
Old 10-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #149
Bergil
Wight

the flaws in Sotty's reasoning, on request

firstly, there are more innocents then wolves so most random votes will be for an innocent. secondly, if you go back and look at my vote, you'll see that I voted one muinate after Gurthand, less time then it takes to think up how to say it and type it (if, like me, you type slowly, and maybe if you don't) even if I somehow managed to checK the thread at the exact time he voted. and we couldn't have planned it ahead, we'd somehow have to know she'd be believable AND have clocks showing the exact same time to the second. I think, looking back, that you just missed these facts and are likely innocent.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #150
Bergil
Wight

Vote

another one for me? that's it!

++WayneTheGoblin
Old 10-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #151
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
If I am on later and any development has taken place in this matter I will retrace my vote but I don't think I'll be able to come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkatoj
RULES:
Votes will be NON-RETRACTABLE. Once you vote, you cannot change your mind and vote for someone else.
Recap:
Bergil-3
Wayne-2

5 votes to go
3 1/2 hours to go
Old 10-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #152
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote

++SLEEPY RANGER

I'm sticking with him, I can't quite put my finger on it but he's just TOO careful.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #153
sotty
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergil
firstly, there are more innocents then wolves so most random votes will be for an innocent. secondly, if you go back and look at my vote, you'll see that I voted one muinate after Gurthand, less time then it takes to think up how to say it and type it (if, like me, you type slowly, and maybe if you don't) even if I somehow managed to checK the thread at the exact time he voted. and we couldn't have planned it ahead, we'd somehow have to know she'd be believable AND have clocks showing the exact same time to the second. I think, looking back, that you just missed these facts and are likely innocent.
This is true but in my last look though I didn't mention you voting right after Gurthang, I had accepted the cross post possibility. My point was that you had named three people and then voted for a fourth random person who in fact turned out to be innocent. Can you not see how that looks wolfy like? So far you have managed to convince a few villagers of Wayne's guilt and if I didn't suspect you then I would probably be on that wagon myself.

I do believe either you or Hiriel are one of our two remaining wolves, but I'm not convinced you both are. Hiriel in fact is on the top of my list, but your extremely defensive reaction to my observations has made me think that maybe my vote might be better served on you.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #154
sotty
Pile O'Bones

Vote

I have to leave now so I will vote

++Bergil

I changed my mind from Hiriel after your extremely defensive stance to my reasoning sent up a beacon to me. I hope you are indeed a wolf, if not Hiriel I will be looking your way tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #155
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote

Well, this be my vote post.

Quote:
Non-voting the first night as I have been able to guess was due to two reasons:
- New players unsure of voting, time zone miscalculations, first night pressure, ect.

- Early werewolf tactics and voting plans. The most agreed upon theory of finding out possible suspects (ex. 'werewolf in the crowd').

Now ,the second night should be more reasonable and clear away at least the first reason i've put. If it doesn't I would hold suspicions as well.
Not voting two nights in a row is a reason for suspicion, and remaining rather silent is another that could add to this factor. I do not really have any other reasons to vote this way than besides these, but if there are other reasons due to forgetting to put 'vote' in the title of the post and such I can understand that only so far. I do not 'bandwagon' in this intention, I only go with this vote based on reasoning, not what others may have voted before me.

++Wayne

Sincerely,

Ka
Old 10-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #156
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

vote

vote

Well, it looks as though my inclinations are quite the opposite of some others.

I'm not sure about Bergil and Wayne, but now I definitely think that one or the other of them is a wolf. It's true that Bergil was suspiciously defensive, but so was Wayne in response to Bergil's accusations yesterDAY.

I stand by my theory of earlier toDAY, and I hope that I will be proved right as the game progresses:

++Eonwe

(Current votes:
Bergil-4
Wayne-3
Sleepy-1)
Old 10-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #157
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yikes, sorry about that. Obviously that's ONE vote for Eonwe, not three. My server kept telling me it didn't submit those posts. (That's why I kept thinking I had more time for editing.)

I'm leaving them there so no one thinks I'm trying to tamper with the game by deleting them--if Modkatoj wanted to delete two of them, though, that would be peachy.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #158
malkatoj
Wight

Sting

~~~~~TIME!!!!!~~~~~

Expect death shortly.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #159
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye A superstitious death for a superstitious man.

All the votes were in and the villagers were to kill Bergil toDAY. The difficult part was gathering necessary equipment. Sleepy Ranger wandered off in search of his pile of mirrors. WaynetheGoblin, on the other hand, gathered all the town's ladders. Eonwe taught 13 black cats to say 'Macbeth' before loading them into Sotty's gun.

The villagers found Bergil and tied him to a pole. Sotty stood a fair distance away, aiming the cat-loaded gun at Bergil. Sleepy Ranger ran in at just the last minute, smashed the mirrors over Bergil's head and loaded them into the gun with the cats. Wayne propped one ladder to the pole and climbed to the top with the rest of them.

Sotty took the first shot--a mirror-shard-coated-cat flew out screaming "MACBETH!" and hit Bergil in the face. Bergil shrieked without even realizing that one of Wayne's ladders was falling on top of him.

As Sotty continued with the next 12 shots, Wayne continued dropping ladders on top of him. Each of the black cats seemed equally coated with mirror shards and the high pitched 'Macbeth' screams probably broke the mirrors even smaller.

As the 13th cat hit Bergil square on the chest, the entire village heard him inhale one last time. The backup silver bullet Sotty had stored in the gun was unnecessary--Bergil was innocent.

ALIVE:
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.

DEAD:
Bergil (ordinary) shot with 13 mirror-shard-coated black cats that screamed MACBETH while having ladders dropped on his head on DAY three.

IT IS NOW NIGHT. I need a name from the Wolves, Seer and Hunter.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #160
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye Deathy McDeathDeath

The moon shone brightly as the wolves searched for their prey, conversing casually as they did so.

"Funny how we've had a full moon every night," said one.

"Oh yes, but how lucky! Otherwise we'd only get to kill someone once a month, and they'd almost surely catch us by then," replied the other as he* noticed Sotty standing outside a house. The wolves looked at each other and nodded; having spotted their pray, then ran toward him,** but Sotty ran away.

The wolves chased Sotty across the village to the pointy object store, in the back of which lived Hiriel. They noticed that Sotty had snuck in the door and they followed. When they found Sotty again, he was standing next to Hiriel's bed, glowering at them.

The first wolf leaped and bit Sotty's leg and the second walked slowly toward him. Sotty, knowing he did not have long to live, quickly unhinged his jaw. Hiriel woke up from the noise at just this point--just in time to see Sotty close his jaws around him and swallow him whole. The wolves quickly finished Sotty off, congratulating themselves on killing the hunter.

ALIVE:
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.

DEAD:
Bergil (ordinary) shot with 13 mirror-shard-coated black cats that screamed MACBETH while having ladders dropped on his head on DAY three.
Sotty (hunter) Eaten by Wolves on NIGHT four.
Hiriel (ordinary) Eaten by Sotty on NIGHT four.

*he is my gender-neutral pronoun and means nothing about who the wolves are, get over it
**If your gender is wrong, correct me and I'll fix it...it's why I ask at the beginning of a game.

IT IS NOW DAY. I shall expect your votes by 9:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.