The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #481
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Lottie, I haven't formed much of an opinion on, she's skating under my nose.

Nilp seems focused on the Dead activity and not so on suspects, or the task during the day. It would look off for anyone except Nilp, he tends to be focused on his own death.

I'm feeling better about morm today, his post on the Agan voters looks like the down-to-business, no shenanigans, let's lynch someone self that I was so used to back in the days long gone.

I still am getting a lost, don't have many clues feel from Lommy, Firefoot, and Form.

If sally is really a lover, that'll help as long as we don't lynch her (I can't believe that idea was tossed out). Yeah, I like info as much as the next person, but we don't lynch a gifted, we need to be lynching wolves.

Those who stirred the idea, top my suspicious list (Eomer and McCaber). Everyone else, Mith, Lalaith, Shasta, Lottie, Kath (missing anyone), I need to put more thought into.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #482
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thank you. I want to hear from a few more people, though.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:04 AM   #483
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eomer - maybe innocent
Firefoot - ???
Boro - fishy, better toDay than earlier though
Mac - I thought he was innocent but the whole village suspecting him kind of has made me second guess myself

I don't really have any suspicions right now so I shouldn't maybe be asked. My main suspects for two Days have been Agan and Sally and I haven't rethought yet.

Of the living, I think the ones that I feel I should scrutinize next are:

Boro
Firefoot
Lottie
Nilp
Eomer

and Shasta

I'm pretty sure there has to be at least 2 wolves in that list.

edit: xed with everyone again
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #484
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh hello, Nilp.. Look, what do you mean by listing people under "koala"? Do you mean they roar loudly during the Night?
How dare you think of koalas that way.

I stole the list header from Boro, who used it in the old Mandos game. (I kept his original typo, though, hence the [sic].) He seems not to have noticed, tehe.

I've been hit by internet recalcitrance the previous DAY and being-awesome-at-my-place-of-employment issues 'til right now. I'll do a read-through again and gather my thoughts about some of y'all.

(For all the meta-pondering I did before the game started, I missed on the biggest annoyance of them all--how much the lack of concrete information is affecting my analysis. I should have thought more about that, but Your Lie in April was pretty enthralling as well.)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #485
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
In answer to Nerwen's question, I have already said I feel good about Firefoot today, based on her posts. Having said that, I was feeling good about Greenie and my current thesis has her as a wolf so can I trust my feelings?

Speaking of not trusting my feelings - Lottie, I was feeling ok about her yesterday but then I went over Rikae's case against her last night and I thought it was actually pretty convincing. Rikae was as confused as I was by her post (260, sorry not good at links), but unlike me she was smart enough to link it to a bunch of other stuff. Rikae's subsequent killing also makes me even more inclined to trust her reasoning, posthumously.
Mac I thought fairly suspicious. Boro, Eomer, no idea.

I'm going to check now who didn't vote yesterday. Don't know, but such data might be helpful.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:45 AM   #486
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
When I went back I realised a complete vote tally hadn't been done so here it is. (I picked up from Mac's one last night, so I hope Mac was accurate!)

Lottie -> morm
Nerwen -> Mac
Greenie -> Agan
Lalaith -> Agan(2)
Lommy -> Agan(3)
Legate -> Green
Caber -> Agan(4)
morm -> Mac(2)
Agan -> Green(2)
Mac > Agan (5)
Firefoot > Mac (3)
Nilp > Agan (6)
Mith > Rikae
Rikae > Greenie (3)
Eomer > Agan (7)
Boro > Agan (8)
Shasta > Lottie (query – why did he wait this long – why didn’t he vote for her earlier in response to Rikae’s request to start a Lottie bandwagon? RL reasons may of course be the explanation)

Did not vote:
Sally (who apologised for missing deadline on-thread)
Form (who explained on admin thread)
Kath (no-show so no explanation – but to whoever said she was in danger of Mod-death, she did vote yesterday so she’s safe for a couple of days)

So, one thing from this that could support my Agan thinking Legate was Seer thesis – she votes Greenie after Legate does…
Old 06-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #487
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So a lot to process since going to sleep. It seems Sally's reveal is legitimate which candidly is frustrating because she was in the top few of my suspect list.

Firefoot seems much more innocent today. Her posts are helpful and seem to indicate and ordo trying to make sense.

Eomer is creeping up on my list of those that need some full body waxing.

Boro has been fairly vocal and contrary to the popular idea of the lover martyr. That is an interesting concept to me as it could yield some valuable information but the risk is certainly there. I would assume, since Sally revealed herself that her lover is alive. I too found Nilp's question about the gender odd but more on that in a bit. My thoughts are that we at least know an innocent, I'm believing Sally as I see no reason for a false reveal. End of the day if Sally is lynched she may bring back some useful information but the best we would know is the role or 2 dead people. Potentially she could let us know what the seer dreamed if the seer is dead and it would be safe for him/her to reveal there. I tend to think that a known innocent is a big benefit right now. There will also be an element of doubt that this puts in the wolves mind. There is fear for them to kill Sally knowing she may return but it also could complicate their selection of other kills. I guess that is the long way to say I'm not overly comfortable lynching a known innocent. In an odd way I think Boro's comments make him look a bit more guilty which makes me feel better about him. I think a wolf Boro would be slightly more cautious.

Nilp is an oddity that I can't pinpoint. At times he seems like the silly almost flippant Nilp I know and then other times I feel there is more to him that he is trying to hide. I may consider voting for him today.

Thoughts on Kath? I assume she will be done in by mod-fire at this rate so there is no sense lynching her for lack of communication although perhaps as a desperate last resort if we don't have any clear suspects we could consider it, being that she will die anyway. If my understanding is correct is if she doesn't vote today or tomorrow. Thoughts for tomorrow then.

I generally feel very confident that Nerwen is innocent.

Mith has been giving me mixed vibes today. Up to this point I felt she was fairly innocent, but some of the posts today are raising my eyebrow.

These are those that are standing out most to me.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #488
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
kath never posts much but she is keeping such a low profile that I wonder if it is deliberate,

Morm what exactly has made you suspicious the querying of a broken link or finding unneccesarily oblique posts tedious. Were you planning to postulate a theory through the medium of interpretative dance and fear the opprobrium? Anyway I should be glad ot be notice I suppose, for the first couple of days I though I was on everyone's ignore list... not that I could blame anyone for that. anyway satisfy my curiosity or not....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #489
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Just a couple of points:

After Kuru's rule clarification I am not for lynching a Lover; the risk outweighs the benefit. Not sure what to make of Boro's adamant refusal to even consider a move which could give the village secure information; we all know we have to lynch wolves, but there are different means to these ends.

I dislike Form's post from today: he parrots Nerwen, calling me 'cryptic,' (not really sure why this idea is gaining traction) and the rest of his post is also re-hashing of an idea from yesterday. You're moving up the suspicion list, esteemed Warg scholar though you may be.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #490
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lommy's comment project

I'm really tempted to think Legate was the seer. Not because the prospect of a dead seer makes me happy, but because it would make a lot of sense. Also with his dreams being innocent me and Mith and Nerwen (who seem very innocent to me, especially the latter), and guilty Greenie (which wouldn't surprise me either).

Firefoot's apology for her wishy-washiness actually makes her look better to me.

Really flip-flopping on Deadalaure. Cobbler shouldn't be an option. Still thinking he'd be more careful as a wolf. But he's weird.

The narration names Mac, Rikae and Legate in this order. I wonder if it means anything at all. My idea would be to have the non-wolfkill last, but what do I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The other thing, I hope the Dead knows someone's role from the Nog, phantom, Rune and Greenie group. Any ideas on which of the four they would have voted to find out?
My money is on Nog or Greenie. If we're trying to set up some communication system, I'd strongly suggest having these as options. (And I won't have time toDay to be a part of talking/suggesting specifics, or figuring out why didn't we know anything about yesterDay's extra vote - my guess is the dead didn't vote because they want to be as clear as possible.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Agan voters were:
Greenie (dead—possible wolf)
Lalaith
Lommy
McCaber
Mac (dead)
Nilp
Eomer
Boromir

Indeed there likely was at least one or two wolves in the voting mix.
Knowing she was innocent, I'm pretty sure there are lots of wolves in this list. She was an easy lynch (follow-up from the Day before) and she did look bad so it wouldn't have been an irrational choice. I'm basically wary of everybody except myself and Lalaith (who just seems very very innocent to me).

I agree Rikae and Legate are likelier wolf-kills than Mac. Somebody should look at Rikae's posts for things the wolves might have considered seerish. As for the special role, I think we shouldn't waste too much time speculating. We can't really know anything.

McCaber and Eomer and Firefoot's discussion about gifted reveals feels a little odd to me. Hard to pin point it though.

Lottie's "if I were a wolf" post #445 is a little fishy to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the first time she's helpfully explaining wolf logic, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Ooo...another thought. Maybe the special role is a wandering one, going from person to person each day or night. Remember, everyone has to have their wits about them, say the rules.
That's not unlikely I suppose. I guess we'll see?

I feel uncomfortable about Boro keeping all his options open. I feel like he's doing it the "let's see who we can lynch who's not in my pack" way. Also I feel like usually when he's innocent he's more offended if I suspect him? But seriously though, at this point I can't really blame anyone for not having strong suspects...

Hey, this was a lot shorter than I thought! Will be back a lot later.

edit: xed with Eomer
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #491
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I stole the list header from Boro, who used it in the old Mandos game. (I kept his original typo, though, hence the [sic].) He seems not to have noticed, tehe.~Nilp
I've been in a deep slumber from any WW games until recently. So, I probably forgot all about that

I'll be gone until about an hour or so before the DL. Cheers.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #492
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

The Legate-as-Seer theory, based on his Day 2 list, needs to be checked against his Day 1 list.

Green was the sole serious suspect both days.

Nerwen, Lommy and Mith were alone as innocents on Day 2, but were all in the innocent pile on Day 1 as well - along with a bunch of other people. So if Legate is the Seer, did he dream Green on the first night? Why then would he spend both his dreams on people he found innocent? Very unlikely. On the other hand, he might have just got very lucky (or is very good at hunting!) in focusing on Green on Day 1 and confirming his correct suspicion the next night. This is more likely but still a bit of a long shot.

Rikae's focus on Loslote on Day 2 seems more Seerish. She puts great effort into making a case against her (#338) while couching in the post prior that she wanted to take a closer look at Loslote and Firefoot. Interestingly, in that post (#325) she mentions exactly three names as innocents: Agan, Mac and Morm.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #493
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
A proposal to guide the Dead vote:

Since there are fifteen of us, there are almost enough of us to give each option (Nog good/bad, phantom good/bad, etc) two living people that the Dead could vote for. We can try to split it up so that each option has a more suspicious and a less suspicious player (though I doubt everyone will exactly agree on the categorization). The odd one out with only one choice can be Sally (I agree this would be a really strange wolf false-reveal). That way the Dead will have a little more room to send us an additional message if they want, or won't be forced to give the extra vote to someone they know is furry in order to send us the information we are asking for (at least, it will be less likely).

For example:

If Nog is a wolf, give your extra vote to Form or McCaber
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Lottie or Nerwen
If phantom is a wolf, give your extra vote to Boro or Firefoot
If phantom is innocent, give your extra vote to Lommy or Lal
If Greenie is a wolf, give your extra vote to Eomer or morm
If Greenie is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp or shasta
If Rune is a wolf, give your extra vote to Mith or Kath
If Rune is innocent, give your extra vote to Sally

I (almost) went straight down the list of Living, so I wasn't putting too much thought into the pairings, or who they're paired with. Wanted to put the idea out and see if people like it before putting too much effort in. Plus I'm sure others will have opinions.

For the record, I'm starting to feel like morm is probably innocent. I'm agreeing with a lot of what he says.

Boro is rising in my suspicions though. Something about his tone rubs me the wrong way (see posts 360 and 431). Don't know that it merits a lynching at this point; honestly it might just be that he's reminding me of a coworker who is irritating me right now, but I wanted to throw it out there.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #494
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
On the Legate as Seer theory I googled the quotation he gave at the beginning of his first post( as I finally systematically trawl through and take notes aiee) "I sense evil within this place ... I hear foul creatures about" - it is from a computer game called Den of Evil (apologies if those who belong to a more likely demographic than me to know about such things are as familiar with this quote as "to be or not to be". It might just have been an opening day gimmick or it could have been a seer hint framed as such.

And by the same token does anyone think Rune's opening strap line of Yankee Doodle Dandy has any relevance.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #495
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In response to those asking about my intentions....

I'm certainly prepared to be lynched if such a thing is necessary, but I feel it might be better to give the dead one more Day to scry another person. At this point, I really just feel more information is necessary in general, and so I shall provide it.

What I would suggest is perhaps tying the vote between myself and whomever is the village's consensus for top suspect, and then doing that thing where we ask the dead to give their extra vote to X if A is innocent or Y if A is guilty. More thoughts on the execution (har har) of that plan later if people are interested in such an idea.

I'm off to do some reading.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #496
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
The Legate-as-Seer theory, based on his Day 2 list, needs to be checked against his Day 1 list.

Nerwen, Lommy and Mith were alone as innocents on Day 2, but were all in the innocent pile on Day 1 as well - along with a bunch of other people. So if Legate is the Seer, did he dream Green on the first night? Why then would he spend both his dreams on people he found innocent? Very unlikely. On the other hand, he might have just got very lucky (or is very good at hunting!) in focusing on Green on Day 1 and confirming his correct suspicion the next night. This is more likely but still a bit of a long shot.

Rikae's focus on Loslote on Day 2 seems more Seerish. She puts great effort into making a case against her (#338) while couching in the post prior that she wanted to take a closer look at Loslote and Firefoot. Interestingly, in that post (#325) she mentions exactly three names as innocents: Agan, Mac and Morm.
These are good points, Eomer - I forgot to check over Legate's list from day 1. That first list of his was a bit odd actually in that his comments didn't always match the categories he put people into. Although your 'lucky suspicion' scenario could also be correct. But I agree, it is also quite plausible that Rikae could either be the seer or have been suspected as one by wolves.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #497
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
An addendum to my previous post:

Given that the ranger seems to still be in play (let's hope!), rest assured that my precious and I have a whole new plan (rather, an additional plan) in the works to protect xem should they need to reveal at any point. It doesn't make my beloved immune, but it does make my return a little more plausible.

Anyway. Off to reading now, sorry. *poofs*
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #498
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

This is the post in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Just popping in to say I'm not particularly happy with the options at the moment. I don't have much time but how do others feel about Firefoot, and about Lottie? These loud, controversial people - Agan, Mac - seem less and less wolfish to me, and I don't see much of a case against Morm.
The comment about Morm does sound rather like classic seer-phrasing, but I'm not so sure about the rest. Though, Rikae was very strongly against lynching Agan on Day One, to the extent of voting Lommy for "fabricating" a case against her- that could mean something.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #499
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just a note - my play is going to be very light today, and I apologize in advance. This should be the only day this is an issue, though.

That said, I've a lot to catch up on and little time to do it in, so I'll be brief - I think it's fairly clear Agan was the Hunter, for what that's worth, and it's also fairly clear that the hidden role has killing powers at least some of the time (three deaths, what.)

I notice Lottie has responded to what I asked her, so I'll try and make time to give that a going over, and I'd like to finish my go-over of Lommt should time permit me.

I also notice that Sally has revealed as a Lover and has volunteered to be lynched (I think?) Normally I'd be 100% against that, but we aren't appearing to be getting any information at all from the dead thread thus far (at least I haven't been able to tell who's been getting boosted by the dead vote) and with the possibility of wolves killing each other the situation isn't [i]quite[/] as dire as it would be if there was no chance of a wolf dying if we waste a lynch. With no real hard information at all on who was what, I really think we need some solid knowledge.

I'll check back in as I can.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #500
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, I have to go and it's possible I won't be able to get back online later, so I guess I can't sit on this any longer. I said I had a particular reason for wanting to hear everyone's opinion's of everyone else, and here it is:

I received a pm telling me that the Seer had dreamed two wolves, Macalaure and Lottie.

It was *not* explained to me why I was being sent this interesting communication, nor can I find anything about it in the rules. Maybe this is a once-off thing (on the Seer's death?), or maybe a different person has been sent dreams each Night. Maybe the Dead are involved, or the mystery role. I honestly have no idea.

I realise I have no way of backing any of this up, and am asking you all to take my word for it, but I do think there's decent circumstantial evidence against both Lottie and Mac.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #501
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
An addendum to my previous post:

Given that the ranger seems to still be in play (let's hope!), rest assured that my precious and I have a whole new plan (rather, an additional plan) in the works to protect xem should they need to reveal at any point. It doesn't make my beloved immune, but it does make my return a little more plausible.

Anyway. Off to reading now, sorry. *poofs*
What is xem? Between last night's events and Sally's reveal today I'm a bit perplexed and I get the sense that most of us are feeling the same. I want to make my list of all to help clarify my thoughts and not overlook somebody.

Innocent
Sally--Obvious
Nerwen--Seems sensible and overall trying to help the village
Firefoot--Same
Lal--Same

Unsure
Formendacil--He's gone up and down in my mind which is a bit eyebrow raising and something that needs to be watched.
McCaber--Not sure we've ever played together so he's hard to read. He seems a bit gruff but not alarming.
Boromir--Overall I clump him closer to innocent than guilty as he has spoken some sense today but I've also learned to never trust him and he was somewhat suspicious the first day or two.
Lommy--I am also close to putting her on the innocent list but can't quite bring myself to it. While this hasn't bothered me overly I think we shouldn't let go too quickly of how much she jumped on Agan after my joke. That incident alone began to cast a lot of suspicion on Agan and can be traced directly as a cause to her lynching
Shasta--I get a funky vibe from him that doesn't sit right with me. I believe he's been more reserved today.
Mith--Doesn't like suspicion cast her way but I think is deserving of some. I'd like to continue to watch her.
Kath--What can you say? If she doesn't come tomorrow do we lynch her or let Modfire take its course? I think the lynching would make sense only if we don't have a reasonable suspicion.

Suspicious
Loslote--Has risen in my ranking but the bottom of the 3.
Eomer --Seemed insistent that we auto-lynch the lover and may have forced Sally's hand a bit.
Nilp --As stated earlier something is off and I don't trust him. With Nilp, the first day's behavior is so prescribed that he can follow a script and nobody suspects him. After that we are busy looking elsewhere. His interactions and comments have caused me concern and right now is my top suspect.

x'ed with Shasta and Nerwen
Old 06-06-2015, 10:52 AM   #502
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Okay, I have to go and it's possible I won't be able to get back online later, so I guess I can't sit on this any longer. I said I had a particular reason for wanting to hear everyone's opinion's of everyone else, and here it is:

I received a pm telling me that the Seer had dreamed two wolves, Macalaure and Lottie.

It was *not* explained to me why I was being sent this interesting communication, nor can I find anything about it in the rules. Maybe this is a once-off thing (on the Seer's death?), or maybe a different person has been sent dreams each Night. Maybe the Dead are involved, or the mystery role. I honestly have no idea.

I realise I have no way of backing any of this up, and am asking you all to take my word for it, but I do think there's decent circumstantial evidence against both Lottie and Mac.
I'm taken a back a bit by this. May we know who sent this message and what the context was?

Why also would you think Lottie and Mac couldn't be wolves? I suspected Mac and have begun to suspect Lottie. Please share anything that will help us know of the validity of this.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #503
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post

Why also would you think Lottie and Mac couldn't be wolves? I suspected Mac and have begun to suspect Lottie. Please share anything that will help us know of the validity of this.
My mistake Nerwen. I misread what you said. I thought you were indicating both couldn't be together not both being wolves. I would agree that Lottie could be a wolf.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #504
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:

Well that changes some things. I think at this stage a wolf Nerwen would have no reason to throw that much of a twist, which leads me to think she's being legit.

In which case, I would much rather have sally alive as a confirmed innocent and insurance that her partner has some way to come back.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #505
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh morm, "xem" is a newfangled gender-neutral way of saying him or her.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #506
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I'm taken a back a bit by this. May we know who sent this message and what the context was?
It came via our mod, of course, but he wouldn't tell me anything more than I've told you already. I really have no idea what it's all about- some secret rule at work, evidently.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #507
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Nerwen's revelation: goodness. This IS a turn up for the books. I can't find anything in the rules to explain it either except the 'particular power' of the secret role. Why the third death last night though?
The actual fact of Lottie and Mac being wolves does not seem at all far-fetched, mind you, so I would be willing to trust this revelation for now. Unless of course someone else has something else startling to say before deadline. Bear in mind though, that my RL bedtime is way before deadline so my vote will be early.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #508
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
It came via our mod, of course, but he wouldn't tell me anything more than I've told you already. I really have no idea what it's all about- some secret rule at work, evidently.
It makes me wonder if the secret role is a travelling role as has been discussed. Somehow it may have helped kill Mac last night and gave you this info today. It's good to know it came from mod.

x'ed with Lal
Old 06-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #509
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

A few scattered Day 1 thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I swear, every time I refresh the Mirth forum I think, "Ooo, haven't read that thread!" and nearly click on the Dead Thread.
You (and the others) are making it worse, darling. Shut up already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
On the whole, I agree with Mac; while the wolf packs will undoubtedly attempt to eliminate each other, we can't really afford to leave all wolf hunting to the Night kills and not use our vote.
Noted for a bit later, and also because the way she words this seems too careful to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
My own opinion is that every day without a lynch is a day the wolves can build up an uncontested lead and a day that gives us no real information to build off of in the future. Early lynches, arguments, and voting patterns are how you build solid cases and catch inconsistencies. Delaying for three days just leaves us that far behind when it comes to detective work.
Of course a wolf looking to seem reasonable would say the same thing, but this strikes me as a genuine statement from McCaber and makes me think him rather innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Also I enjoy plans I haven't thought up my self (especially if I can take some credit for them), long walks at the beach, and killing Europeans.
So perhaps this was just a silly comment, but between Greenie’s comment above, Rune’s comment here (with a minor emphasis on the fact that he said “kill” rather than “lynch”), and the events of the first Night and second Day, I’m wondering if Greenie suspected Rune of being a rival wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Now I'm itching to turn these into confidence intervals.
....Is that the hint I think it is? It caught my eye, and with last Night’s events, I’m tempted to assume Mac is (rather, was) the special role, whatever that may be. I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Lal (was it her?) mentioned the possibility of the special role shifting. It’s possible that if one uses the role’s power, they die the following cycle or something. I’m leaving this alone for the moment and will return to it sometime later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
[*]We're not the only people trying to take out wolves. Other wolves will do it too, purposefully or by accident, by night kills.
This is noted purely because, given my above, it’s possible the subsequent Night’s events made Agan think as I did and therefore shift her pick to Greenie. (It could also just be a coincidence.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
But I also hadn't realised what aganzir said about Dead Thread voting not starting til Night 3 anyway, which means the fewer people sent there the better really, excepting wolves.
Kath, precious, would you mind explaining this comment? How is it good to have fewer people in the dead thread other than wolves? Wouldn’t that give the wolves an advantage in controlling the dead thread?

Also, not a fan of Kath’s vote for Form Day 1, as it seemed too convenient and an easy way for a wolf to hide, but I’m more confused by the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
It seems the village tends away from a tied vote, so while I prefer that as a plan, I should probably come up with a Plan B.
The thing I can’t figure out is why Form would support the non-lynch yet vote himself to be lynched the same Day (rather than vote for someone to tie himself with). It doesn’t necessarily seem like an evil thing to do, but it’s....weird.

Not as much as I’d have liked to glean from Day 1, but these are also just the highlights I felt necessary to point out/question.

I’m beginning to envision some possible wolf pack combinations. More on that in a bit. When last I read the thread, it sounded like Nerwen had something important to share, so I’ll check in on that and then sink my lack of teeth into Day 2 after I grab some lunch.

x'd a way bunch
Old 06-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #510
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
It makes me wonder if the secret role is a travelling role as has been discussed. Somehow it may have helped kill Mac last night and gave you this info today. It's good to know it came from mod.

x'ed with Lal
Maybe instead of travelling, the role has something to do with communicating across the threads? It still doesn't explain Mac's death, but if the PM came in the Night rather than the Day it would have had more of an effect on the game because Mac would still have been alive and getting two wolves flushed out would go a long way towards equalizing.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #511
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Wow. Ok, that is quite something.

There had been a fair bit of suspicion against Loslote and it was certainly building after Rikae's death. Given that, we might well be tempted to just lynch her now as it would seem as if we have little to lose thereby.

But if Nerwen is up to some scheme then we need to think about how such a tactic could benefit her and her pack.

*ponders*
Old 06-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #512
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

While you're all chewing over this...

If we all (or most of us) vote for Lottie it might actually be possible to follow
Nilp's suggestion for how to arrange the bonus votes. I'llhave to leave organising this to the rest of you, as I'm running out of time and it's very late, or rather early, here.

++Loslote

Edit:x'd with Eomer.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #513
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

If what Nerwen says is true. then looking at Legate's lists it rather suggests he wasn't the seer. They don't figure prominently even enough to make them seem like likely dream choices for last night,,,

Morm I don't mind suspicion but was curious why .. you know feelings are all very well but ...

Old 06-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #514
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
If what Nerwen says is true. then looking at Legate's lists it rather suggests he wasn't the seer. They don't figure prominently even enough to make them seem like likely dream choices for last night,,,

Morm I don't mind suspicion but was curious why .. you know feelings are all very well but ...
I don't know if they *were* dreamed last Night. As I said, I don't know what is going on or how it works.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #515
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Wow. Ok, that is quite something.

There had been a fair bit of suspicion against Loslote and it was certainly building after Rikae's death. Given that, we might well be tempted to just lynch her now as it would seem as if we have little to lose thereby.

But if Nerwen is up to some scheme then we need to think about how such a tactic could benefit her and her pack.

*ponders*
Loslote her self said that false reveals were unlikely but would buy the wolves time. Would it buy enough already?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #516
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, the dead wouldn't have had time to scry Mac yet. ToMorrow I think would be better to work a tie and let the dead choose, but toDay I can't see doing anything other than

++ Lottie
Old 06-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #517
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nerwen I don't disbelieve you it was just that I had begun to assume. Maybe the mystery role is a variant on the medium thing Kuru postulated and then didn't formally do... that it isn't a wandering role but the person has a choice of options from a skill set each cycle, to kill, to pass on information...

Old 06-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #518
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So....that happened.

I'm certainly inclined to trust the word of Mod (and Nerwen) on this.

++Lottie

Off to obtain food. Back a while later with some thoughts on Day 2.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #519
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Nerwen voted Mac yesterday. Related?

Maybe Nerwen has the special role, and it involves receiving some sort of message from the other side as well as her vote acting as a sort of curse.

Why now, though? Something to do with the Seer recently joining the Dead?
Old 06-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #520
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Hmmm....again with the good points Eomer.
In fact Nerwen didn't vote at all on Day 1. I did wonder why....