The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting Let's blow off some steam here....

Okay, I was in the theatre watching lotr ttt, when this girl gets there about 10 minutes into the movie. She sits down next to some buddies apparently, also teenagers, and starts talking loudly. Then, as soon as Legsie gets on the screen, she shouts "OMIGOD! IS THAT HIM? GOD HE IS SOOO HOT! YOU GUYS WERE SOOO RIGHT!" Then, the other girls beagn to talk as well, "I KNOW! I TOLD YOU! ISN'T HE HOT? JUST SCREAMING HOTNESS! OMIGOD! LOOK AT THOSE LEGS!" They just went on screaming, until it cuts to the Merry and Pippin scene. They begin to throw popcorn and cuss. I turn around and stare for a few minutes, you know, the evil eye? They stop, but by then we're about halfway through the movie. We get out and the usher thanks me and gives me free tickets to the next showing of lotr, but I just can'y get over those girls! Have you guys ever had an experience like that, I mean, maybe Pete should tone it down a little with Legolas, geez!
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
<I>Amateurs.</I><P><I>Real</I> Legsie fans would have been licking the screen. <P> <p>[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 03-06-2003, 06:38 PM   #3
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Welcome to my world.<BR>I am traped in a black hole of friends who do nothing, absolutly nothing, but agure over Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood all...day...long <BR>Oh, and not to mention "Gobby" the cross between Gollem and Dobby the house-elf from Harry Potter. Why can't they get them strait! GAAH! Thank the heavens for the few friends I have that bothered to read the books. GAAH.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

Don't feel bad... last time I went with my friends one of them sqealed every time gollum came on, and tried intimidating him. I mean, cheering when your favorite actor comes on is cool, but there is a such thing as taking it too far. <P>Peri knows about this!
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:31 PM   #5
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Hahaha, it was worse for me. When I saw it, they first had previews for some other movies with cast members from TTT in them. Everyone but myself and my friend were standing and cheering (there might have been a few more sitting, but with the enourmus crowd standing I couldn't see them). Anyways, they showed the Pirates of the Carribean Preview with Orlando Bloom in it. After that they wouldn't shut up. And then all these girls sitting together were screaming right behind me and I thought my ears would burst. It was that high pitched annoying scream. If it had been a little higher, only dogs would have heard it. I thought the theater staff was going to break out the movie-size kit kat bars and settle things down, but they didn't. It kept going and then people started telling other people to shut up. People started to give others the finger and in return those people told them to stick it somewhere unpleasent. Anyways, there was a big brawl and these two guys started to get into a fight. Popcorn and coke were being spilled everywhere and some kids decided to 'accidently' spill their sodas on the two guys fighting. Then security came in and took the two guys away. One guy started complaining and yelling that someone spilled mustard on his $150 pants and another person told him to stfu, if you know what that means. I thought another fight would break out, but security took both of them out because by that time the movie had already started. Everybody kept quiet after that and tried to enjoy themsleves. But after, when the lights came back on, we could see what a mess was made and we were all glad that we weren't janitors.<P>You're lucky, you got free tickets. All I got was a speech from the manager about how sorry he was about the incident. Although, some people did get new snacks (they got it after it was spilt or dropped, not after the movie). I'm not sure if those people were fined or not, probably not, and I'm not sure if that guy got reembersed for his $150 pants, but then again, I'm not even sure if they really were $150 pants.<p>[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #6
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I've had nothing THAT bad.<P>When I saw FOTR, I sat right behind a bunch of annoying college kids who made comments throughout the whole movie including a long "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" when Gandalf fell in Moria.<P>When I saw TTT opening night, we sat through about, oh, 3 1/2 hours of previews and then when it finally started, the screen clicked off after the first 20 seconds. You can imagine some of the thoughtful, intelligent, and mature comments that were made after that.
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #7
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

People will be people, you know.<P>Besides, why complain? You got free tickets.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
Erunno of Mirkwood

Sting

Ah you guys have it far worse than I do. Well anyway, my experience was on the second time I saw TTT in theatres. I think it's a wonderful movie, but a Asian couple brought their 3, maybe 4 year old daughter to watch it. <P>I don't want to be rude, but when she started crying because of Gollum I was slightly annoyed, trying to absorb the film ya know? <P>Still I feel bad for the little girl and hope her parents learn something from the experience.<P>Maer Tinnu
Old 03-07-2003, 03:33 AM   #9
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Erunno i know exactly what you mean. You don't take little kiddies to a ttt preview.<P>my experience was quite different, there was a huge line (and the people in this country don't know line courtesy rules!!!) me and a group of friends were there secound behind another group of people. Then the smart guineus-like movie theatre people let the line build up into this 200+ mass of man flesh. My friends and i were nearly crushed it was a real stampead, i was really cocerned for my safety. But things didn't improve once we were actually in the theatre, there were actual <I>families</I> with kids that had 5 kids all under 10 ( You do <B>NOT</B> take kids to a 3hr plus movie, that's just common sense) and they were all kinds of kicking my chair with allternating comments of "I'm hungry" "who's that" "I have to go to the bathroom" and my fav. "why is it sooooo loooooong!?". No offence to the families but it was the <B>premiere</B> for goodness sake!!<P>ahhhhhhh, that's better, okay done.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:26 AM   #10
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Clearly some of you have made the rather elementary mistake of going to premieres. I went to a screening in the small Devonshire town of Exmouth about three weeks after the initial UK release. The childishly disproportionate wave of hysteria was over by then, and it was past bed-time for the more rabid Orlando Bloom afficionados, so everyone just sat down and watched the film quietly like civilised people. Mind you, they're a relaxed lot down in Devon anyway.<P>Some of the events described above beggar belief: I behave better than that in an advanced state of drunkenness. Sheer adolescent inanity, from the sound of it coming from those old enough to know better.<P>As for bringing children, I've a feeling that baby-sitters may have been something of a rare commodity on the night of the premiere. I expect that taking the children was a necessary evil, as would be leaving if they were being disruptive.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:07 AM   #11
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ive never had a bad experience. I feel left out! the most thats happened is that some brat has spoken during one of Grima's lines or something, when im really trying to concentrate on watching
Old 03-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #12
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I went after most of the deadly hype wound down as well, so I didn't have too bad an experience. At first, I thought someone's baby would be crying throughout the movie, but they stopped during the advertisements. I'm afraid I was the worst one there, especially when the <A HREF="http://www.x2-movie.com" TARGET=_blank>X2</A> teaser came on. *looks sheepish* But I wasn't half as bad as what you guys went through. I merely bounced in my seat a little and giggled happily to myself.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #13
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow you would think that the human race could not get so low to do that during the all time greatest movies. My worst was just a guy behind me and my cousin who made comments how cool things were throughout the movie. It was like my 5th time seeing so it didn't bother me I thought it was kinda cool actually that the LOTR added an oviously follower to it's ranks . <P>(a little of subject) On that same trip to the theater when Theoden says, "is that it? Is this all you can conjure up Saruman?" me and my cousin totally unpredicted and syncranized (however you spell it) turned to each other and nocked on the arm rest at the exact same time. In case you wonder what that means, nocking on wood is a way to say you jinxed yourself.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:06 PM   #14
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Clearly some of you have made the rather elementary mistake of going to premieres <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Uh uh, no premieres. This weas like, the beginning of March. Obviously we all have the misfortune of going with some complete dipwads.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well I haven't had anything THAT bad happen but some kind of annoying stuff. During FOTR there was this guy behind who kept making all these comments!! Concerning the Ringwraiths "There's eight of them!" and lot's of other stuff like that. He kept getting up and walking out (he kept bumping my seat in the process). At then end of the movie he asked his companions if that was it and they told him that there were two more movies and he said "Well this is just a bunch of bull." and left. You can imagine how I felt.<p>[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #16
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<I>Na in Valar!!</I> People can be so annoying! I've had a fair share of philisteinic audience experiences, mostly involving Leggie-boppers, and I honestly think that people that immature should be locked away somewhere for safe-keeping (preferably somewhere uninhabited...). I went just a week or two ago and there were all these L-B's shrieking everytime the said elf came on screen. Honestly. And a bunch of people brought little kids (three-year-olds! who would bring three-year-olds to LotR?!)<P>My friend's friend has a interesting solution though (only to be used in extreme cases): this kid can scream exactly like a Nazgul. He went to the midnight show opening day, and everytime someone got up and walked in front of him (this was frequent, sadly), he would scream at them. Same with L-B's. My friend and I generally just kick the back of their chairs....Ah, well, to each his own...
Old 03-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #17
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

People with cell phones - 'nuff said.<P>The WORST experience I had while seeing a movie was someone got shot. Some clown got drunk and there was this gang there. Well, he started with one of their guys, and got shot. NOT FUN!<P>Another time, we went to see "The Mummy" - well, I know, that should be the end of my comment, right? It gets better. We're watching the movie and my friend stands up and yells, "DUDE! Use the Matrix!" and a guy in front of us TURNS AROUND and picks my friend up OUT OF HIS SEAT! He put him down after my boyfriend, me and 10 of our friends stood up. My BF and I both had our motorcycle helmets in our hands. Note to everyone - don't watch movies when you live in the 'hood. Unless you want to post interesting stories on message boards
Old 03-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #18
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>He kept getting up and walking out (he kept bumping my seat in the process).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Someone kept doing this to me during <I>Daredevil</I> and I wanted to turn around and hit them hard. And there were kids back there (who were obvious fans of the comics) who kept explaining to their companion (I think it was actually their mom) what was going on, when, why and how. Thankfully, the volume was rather high, so I couldn't hear them as much over the music (at the expense of having a very bad headache the next day).
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #19
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aside from the fact that everytime I've gone to see TTT it's been overflowing...I've had no crazy experiences. I must have gone and seen it with the more mature crowd *lol* <P>However, I think everyone is obsessed with Legolas...not Orlando because most times when my friends see him in his everyday look they shrug him off. Me, not so much...<P>I think PJ knew what he was doing when he cast Orli as Legolas...he wanted to draw in the teenage girls...to that I say bravo. He got what he was looking for (if that indeed was the case)!

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #20
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

Sting

When I was seeing fotr there was a riot outside. Some idiot dressed up as a ringwraith was riling up people, telling them to storm the theatre and put Peter Jackson out of business. He hels a copy of lotr with a fencing sword. He and his little band of followers went in and found this other guy dressed like a ringwraith and they obviously knew eachother because they said anyone who didn't leave the theatre was a moron. Some guy said "Sure Moron" which wasn't rreally a very good comeback anyway. There was a huge fight, but thankfully they took it to the other theatre where some more of their ringwraith buddies were. Ther the cops came, and they had to evacuate the place cuz some guy got a gun. The funniest thing was, it was a month after the movie premiered, I guess thaty teaches me to nevr go to the thetre in Barnesville.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #21
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When people are talking, screaming obnoxiously over how beautiful someone is, or have left their cellphones on and actually answer them in the theatre, I always express how I feel aloud and blatantly. I mean, these people need to know that they are being rude so that hopefully they won't continue this pattern of disrupting other people.<P>I leave in a pretty docile neighbourhood, so I'm not really afraid to do this, but by what some of you guys have posted, I guess I wouldn't really recommend this approach! I wouldn't want to be responsible for having someone get shot!! <P>So use common sense when deciding whether to tell someone to shut up or not lol.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:14 PM   #22
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

i have this problem where i burst out laughing durring quite parts in the movie so ever so often i would burst out laughing. I m pretty sure i bugger a lot of people so instead of beinging bugged i was the one bugging everyone.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 09:15 AM   #23
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Nope, I don't recall anything like that happening. Any Lego-lovers I know can keep it down to a slight gasp and then they grip their fists really hard until their knuckes turn white! But, they never scream or swoon outloud.<BR>If anyone did that they would have to look out for me, because I would fly over those seats so fast....!<P>I've had incidences with other movies, but it's usually a group of teen guys who just came to the movie to see Halle Berry's... well, you get the idea. Yeah, actually, I've had more guys squeeing for girls than girls squeeing for guys incidences... huh.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:59 AM   #24
Earendil evening star
Animated Skeleton

Earendil evening star has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yeah it is bloody annoying<BR>like, when i went 2 c TTT 3 days after the first time i saw it...this woman is standing there in front of the screen with like this ten year old boy,just at the bit with the incredible scenery saying in a really loud voice "Which row is which? will we just sit here?" 5mins later "No this isn't our row...lets move back a few" it ****es me off.<BR>Also, the Orli fans...i mean yeah he is extrememly hot and u do wanna drool everytime he comes on the screen butfor godsake they could just keep it to themselves, i mean its not all about the hot actors is it. I swear i found the scenenry and battle scenes way more breathtaking.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:02 AM   #25
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My most recent visit to theater wasn't that bad. It was TTT, I was probably the only person there. Then, a family of 5(husband, wife, 3 boys all under the age of ten) sat right next to me!!! Come on, I was the only person in ther theater and they had to sit next to ME!! Oh well, that can be ixecused. Then, when the movie was playing, all of the boys had something to say about everything, only instead of pointless talk, it was intelligent coments(sp?), obviosly from somebody who had read the book.<P>After the movie, all of the kids loved it and asks, no, begged to see it again. Well, at least there are some parents who know how to raise there kids.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:53 PM   #26
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, yes, Cibbwin. But I remember the last time we saw the movie. These people (about 3) came into the theatre about half-way into the movie, then they left something like half an hour later. Didn't bother me so much though. they were probably just theatre hopping. That's terrible about that girl screaming during the movie though. People like that should be kicked out.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #27
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, someguy got shot, Im sure glad guns are illegal to own on this side of the pond. Hmmm, when I went to the opening screening of FotR we had great seats and it just at that bit with Gandlaf talking to Frodo on his horse and cart and three guys walk in looking for their seats. I was so annoyed, I had been waiting for almost a decade to see the film and they spoilt it a lot.<P>I now believe that there should have/be seperate cinema showings for those who have read the books and those who have not.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #28
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I have not had anything happen that was that bad. Just once when I went and saw FOTR and there was about only 7 people in the theater, and there was these two people who talked about the movie the entire time. Oh and about every time I have seen the film there has been a tall person in front of me, whose head took up a measureable amount of the screen. And once when my sister (who is a serious Orlando Bloom fan) during the shield surfing scene, said "DUDE" when it happened and about everyone in the theater looked at her. <BR>Oh and in TTT when the sun rises on the 5th day at the end of the battle of Helm's Deep, there was this one man who said "Oh, it is the 5th day, ummmmm".<BR>Nothing too terrible though<P>Note: <B>Mattius</B> where did you get your nickname? because I think it is a very intersting choice, and it seems familliar.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:51 PM   #29
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I stole it from my friend's faceparty site I don't know where he got it from though, I just think that like me, he is scared of clowns and old people. If you want to read his version click <A HREF="http://www.faceparty.com/newfoundincubus" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><p>[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 03-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #30
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Thankfully, I didn't have any huge problems like that. There was a wee girl next to me who kept squealing when orcs appeared, but it was more cute than anything else.<P>I did find it rather sad when leaving the cinema, and two girls behind me were drooling over Elijah.<P>"Oh, Elijah's EYES! Didn't they just make your heart MELT?!"
Old 03-09-2003, 05:38 PM   #31
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh my gosh! On friday it was the worst i have ever been in.<P>My friend and I went to see TT and there were about 4 kids behind us. They WOULDN'T SHUT UP!! In the beginning, you know when Frodo says "Just a dream..." A kid behind us said "No it's noooot!" And then, when Arwen/Spirit of Arwen was kissing Aragorn, they kept saying, "Ewwwww!!" and "Ew, stop already!" So at the part when Brego is chewing on Aragorn's nose, I yelled (REALLY loud) "AAWWWW!!!" And the theatre was silent too!! It shut them up though. And then one of them threw a piece of popcorn and it hit me in the back of the head! I turned around, giving them the Evil Eye, and I swear I was breathing the Black Breath. <P>Okay, got it off my chest. I HATE people like that!<P>And don't worry, I burst out laughing in parts in TT when it was sad, eg. the uruk head on a stick, Gandalf's face when he comes back, Faramir's "NAZGUL!" (go to ninecompanions.net humor section and look at the top of the page. you'll see why.), and Frodo's many humourous faces. Like when Gollum was pulling him out of the water he looked like a freakin fish! I started laughing my head off and my friend was just like "Becka...shh!!!!"
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:44 PM   #32
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I took my 5 year old to see TTT, but it was a day time show and not too many there, and he never once got up to go to the bathroom, he spent the whole show on my knee totally absorbed by the film. There was no hassle, the teenagers were perhaps still in bed and it was an enjoyable and uneventful show, apart from the on screen antics. Taking kids can be a risk, but not if they are complete LOTR fans like my son.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #33
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cell Phones. They say to turn them off. And yet the person beside me told the whole movie to someone else over the phone. Three hours of FotR with someone telling the whole thing.<P>Later, it gets better. Someone up front came up to his seat and....well beat the pulp out of him. During the movie! After the guy left, the cell-phone-person started again.<P>Luckly I got free tickets from the ushers for putting up with that! <P>~Burzdol~
Old 03-10-2003, 09:26 AM   #34
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aaaaaaarg i hate the (non-existent) movie theatre courtesy here!! It suucks !!!!! but yeah people don't get too exited over stuff here. I mean they will get all hyped up and all but <I>they</I> don't even know why!!! they just get reallllllly bothersome. arg
Old 03-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #35
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

lucky! you got free movie tickests!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 10:29 AM   #36
killer hamster

Sting

i know! i hate it when girls do that! i'm a girl myself, but i hate all that make-up and stuff. <BR>sure, i go a little wild when i see lotr, or even just the trailors, but it's only 'cause i'm MAD about the films and books, not 'cause of the people in it!
Old 03-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #37
Adastrea
Animated Skeleton

Adastrea has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just had to post my friends experience...she was sat watching the film with her mum and there was a mother and her two children sat in front. Now when merry and pip get put down by treebeard infront of a white figure she say to her mum "Thats Gandalf" (Her mum hasn't read the books) So the lady infront turns to her kids and goes "Actually its Sauruman!" Boy did she get a suprise!<BR>Luckily no screaming fan girls have interupted us, though when we go to watch it together we are concious of trying to make sure we put a gap between ourselves and the main cinema goers(so they can't hear us!) cause we tend to take the micky the whole way through! Don't get me wrong we love the whole of LOTR but we do sit there making pantene jokes at legolas(her), tell Aragorn he needs a bath(Me)Ponder why gimli has no fangirls(John Reece Davies must float someones boat right????) and get annoyed that they killed Haldir(and missed of Glorfindel!) Don't get us wrong we love them really!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:57 PM   #38
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Man, some of you had it real bad! The third time I saw TTT, they were at the beginning part with Gandalf and the Balrog, but they lights weren't turned off. So all these guys were getting up and yelling "LIGHTS!" I was about to yell shut up, but they turned out the lights. Then this kid who was like 15, he was obviously a Gimli fan, because at Helm's Deep he was like, "GO GIMLI!" Thatw as pretty cool, as Gimli doesn't seem to have many fans.<BR>Probably the most annoying thing is at the end of both movies, my mom kept saying, "That's it? It was so long, and they didn't even get to where they're going?" Then of course the next day, she says, "I would like to see Gods and Generals sometime." So I look it up, and it's 4 HOURS LONG!!!!!!! Evil hypocrite....
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #39
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

True, many people aren't good, true fans of Gimli.(As some of us are) And people who don't know the characters are super annoying! Especially moms who pick at each other about everyone. <P>~Burzdol~
Old 03-11-2003, 08:32 PM   #40
Hobbit_feet59

Tolkien

Oh gosh... where shall I begin? I know. About a year ago I was seeing FotR for the billionth time when all of a sudden this like, thirty year old lady walks in halfway throught the movie. She's sorta sit's there for a minute, then she prods me on the back. "Who's that?" she asks ignorantly, to my reply of, "Frodo." Then again. "Who's that?" "Pippin" "Who's that?" "Aragorn" "Who's that?" "Arwen." <P>And, well, you get the point. And yes, she did scream when Lego came on screen.