The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Tol-in-Gaurhoth CXIV – The Evil Breath of Morgoth in Dor-lómin, Quarantine Thread

This is the Quarantine Thread aka. QT aka. Cutie

PEOPLE STILL "ALIVE" IN THE "Tol-in-Gaurhoth CXIV – The Evil Breath of Morgoth in Dor-lómin" Game Thread, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING ANY FURTHER!

THIS IS OUT OF BOUNDS FOR YOU.

The Thread will open on the 6th of May at 9PM GMT/UTC - to those lucky persons who are out of the Game Thread of "Tol-in-Gaurhoth CXIV – The Evil Breath of Morgoth in Dor-lómin" on the morning of D2.

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-06-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quarantine Thread, Day2

You are in the Great Hall of Húrin with all the household items and heirlooms; reserves of ale and wine, and a state of the art kitchen; a nice great fireplace and the great banqueting table; hides, furs, carpets, cushions, quilts of all sort... So you should feel yourselves comfortable.

Blind Ragnir has promised to bring you fresh water from the window twice a Day and once for the Night and the nurse will bring you some soothing herbs and clean towels in change for used ones. Húrin himself will come to ask your opinion once a Day, two hours before the sunset.

So feel free to discuss everyDay among yourselves as to whom to give the “infirmary vote”, for Hareth had insisted, that also the sick ones should have voice in these matters. No one knows how happy the brothers were giving a vote to someone like Andróg, but one just didn’t oppose one’s mother is public. And surely that would be wisdom in the long run.

~*~

In case of a tie, the latest person voted for quarantine has the decisive vote (no new votes will be cast in case of a tie). In case of there being none involved in a tie who was voted into quarantine, then the latest (involved) incomer in general will make the call.

Discussion is limited to Daytime only. You also must sleep at Nights. Well, you especially need to sleep, as many of you are actually sick.

~*~

Members of the Quarantine Thread

Galadriel 55, Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae, Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Against all odds the Mod wishes you a good Day.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*rolling in the grave laughing*

Rikae - sorry, but also not sorry. I didn't plan to butt heads with you, but your reaction was the most convenient.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #4
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, this is less fun than it sounded. I get the joy of watching people talk about me and being unable to answer them, when normally I'd just stop following the game at this point.

At least I have the comfort of knowing the person who made me lose my temper when I set out not to do so was actively trying to.

Which means this is just Sally being Sally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
That's what I assumed as well. I saw Rikae as a defensive wolf during the Night, but obviously I was wrong, so I suspect the wolves saw Rikae as a defensive gifted. After all, Rikae's temper tends to be more fiery when given a special role.

Didn't vote yesterDay: Lal. I wonder if she knows the game has started.

Weird votes yesterDay (Gal notwithstanding): Steve. What the frell? Also Green, which was another throwaway and strikes me as odd.
So, her insulting opinion of me (that my temper is worse when I have a special role) led her astray - not for the first time, if I remember correctly - but she still has to air it. Ugh.

Nothing for it, if I have the double vote today, I have to follow this ... ugh ...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Is nausea a symptom? What about wanting to bash one's head into a wall?
Old 05-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #6
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
*rolling in the grave laughing*

Rikae - sorry, but also not sorry. I didn't plan to butt heads with you, but your reaction was the most convenient.
Not going to talk to you in here. No reason to.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #7
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Anything I say is to myself or the future dead.

*grumble*
Old 05-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Is nausea a symptom? What about wanting to bash one's head into a wall?
Clearly viral encephalopathy.

Actually, regardless of content, I wanna reach 2 pages of posts before Half-Day, just to make the GT wonder what the Angband is happening here.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Post. Post post.

Post post post, post post, post post post post.

Post post?
Old 05-06-2020, 04:12 PM   #10
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Clearly viral encephalopathy.

Actually, regardless of content, I wanna reach 2 pages of posts before Half-Day, just to make the GT wonder what the Angband is happening here.

You know, I can get on board with that, even if you are a cobbler.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
You know, I can get on board with that, even if you are a cobbler.
See? We can find common ground.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Oh frell.
I think this was my favourite reaction to read. Also, expanding my vocabulary.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #13
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

They're not going to ask the mod, are they? They're going to argue back and forth with no real info all day and it's never going to occur to anyone to ask Nog.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:20 PM   #14
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
They're not going to ask the mod, are they? They're going to argue back and forth with no real info all day and it's never going to occur to anyone to ask Nog.
They are doing my job without me! Meanwhile, when I asked rule-related questions to the general public, Nog very helpfully answered all but one right away. No fat fish on that rod.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #15
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A post of no consequence, merely to add to the post count.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #16
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Oh I'd so love to be a fly on the wall of the QT now.
So I'm wondering what Pitch is imagining would happen here. Mind, this is before we started posting at all. Is he expecting us to keep squabbling?
Old 05-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #17
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Meanwhile, when I asked rule-related questions to the general public, Nog very helpfully answered all but one right away. No fat fish on that rod.
I did answer them - as soon as I found out there was quandary over the matter.

I mean, let people discuss on the issues rather than the rules. (I can see a Cobbler might disagree. )

I kind of like the idea of you two hyper-posting and making the people in the Game-Thread super-curious. Let's just hope they can then hold on to their horses and resist the temptation to peek in.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:59 PM   #18
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I did answer them - as soon as I found out there was quandary over the matter.

I mean, let people discuss on the issues rather than the rules. (I can see a Cobbler might disagree. )

I kind of like the idea of you two hyper-posting and making the people in the Game-Thread super-curious. Let's just hope they can then hold on to their horses and resist the temptation to peek in.
Hey, I'm not holding that against you, I never meant it that way. I'm just teasing because it was a shot of mine that went wild. It only does you credit as a Mod to answer all of the questions so promptly (for the most part).
Old 05-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

So, I was thinking - Rikae, what do you say about collaborating a vote? I have to say, my main motivation is that people will assume it's my vote, but if I have nothing against your vote I might abstain and then yours will go through. And I would just love people asking why I voted that. If we drastically disagree, I still have the advantage and will use it, but it would be such a nice plot twist for all those who seem to think we're clawing each other eyes out here.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #20
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Legate is correct here on both claims (disclaimer to the second point: unless G55 and Rikae agree on a vote...).
Ah, I see Nog has already thought of that on the game thread. So they have officially had due warning.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
I think I am gonna take a page out of Pervinca's book and 'disappear'.
Should we call Urwen the AntiCobbler?
Old 05-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #22
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

We're more than halfway through spamming Page 1! I had 23 posts on the GT, and that was with actual content (well, mostly). See if I can't beat that before I go to bed.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #23
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Aye aye, Captain.

I've just been attempting to fix my phone, failing miserably, and giving up when I realized I was possibly about to electrocute myself. I'm not dead yet. I don't want to go in the cart! A new phone is now in the mail.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #24
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
So, I was thinking - Rikae, what do you say about collaborating a vote? I have to say, my main motivation is that people will assume it's my vote, but if I have nothing against your vote I might abstain and then yours will go through. And I would just love people asking why I voted that. If we drastically disagree, I still have the advantage and will use it, but it would be such a nice plot twist for all those who seem to think we're clawing each other eyes out here.
Perhaps. After all, you don't know any more than I do.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #25
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Just gonna analyze because there will be meaningful votes down the road in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I don't think Brinn's innocence is proven by any means, but I do think that the vote patterns look (to me at least) very much like wolves choosing between two "innocents". I also think that the wolves would probably have rather lynched Brinn over G55, assuming neither was a packmate.
That makes no sense at all. The wolves would certainly look less suspicious lynching the noisy, controversial one than the quiet one.

Quote:
I don't think they were trying to "orchestrate an innocent lynch" - I think, based on the overall tone of the late voters, that it came down to two options, neither of whom was a wolf. No one felt like a wolf nervously trying to avoid lynching a packmate without overtly defending them, or anything like that.
So, you're saying your own attempts to save Brinn don't look wolfish, Lottie?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:56 PM   #26
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

The Ka is giving me credit for being smarter than I am now ...

I didn't think you were the cobbler specifically, G55, I just thought your behavior looked too risky for a wolf! I was leaning "passionate innocent who thinks they've caught a wolf".
Old 05-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #27
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Perhaps. After all, you don't know any more than I do.
I feel more strongly about some players than others. Once we have a better idea of potential lynchables, we should give this another thought.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:52 PM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
The Ka is giving me credit for being smarter than I am now ...

I didn't think you were the cobbler specifically, G55, I just thought your behavior looked too risky for a wolf! I was leaning "passionate innocent who thinks they've caught a wolf".
They are giving me both more and less credit too. Mac is certainly giving me more, with the "she's spotted a Seer and a Wolf and tried to change the lynch!". However, they would have found some interesting things among my posts had they looked at them closer. Of course, that would come at the cost of more direct wolf-hunting.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 PM   #29
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
[Kath] Points out G55 calling Legate's jumping on the idea "cobbler much," which in hindsight is funny.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #30
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

My true impression of these players:

Brinniel talks like she's on a sedative.
Boro talks like he's on a stimulant.

Not very helpful, is it?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:42 PM   #31
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I wonder whether they'll notice the post count here anytime soon.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #32
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hm, let's get to 10% of what they have.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #33
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Almost there.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #34
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

*crash*

A lamp flies across the room untouched by living hands.

Oh wait, I'm sick, not dead. And you're sick now too, I reckon, with me talking at you and all.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #35
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Old 05-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #36
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I almost feel like they were more interested in us before we started spam-posting.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #37
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Before I go to bed...
Old 05-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #38
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

...a final effort...
Old 05-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #39
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

... to kick us...
Old 05-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #40
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

...onto the second page!