The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #81
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
hmmm I'm not sure I like the idea of voting a quiet person for NG, that would be giving them a free ride for the night. They could just choose to stay quiet for the day after seeing that.
Well, "they" can be a very wide range of people not quite discerned, so it won't give them (or should not give them) the reason to stay quiet in forwards. Also, if they have free ride for the Night, maybe, but then on Day 2 and Night 2, respectively, they won't have it anymore. Also they should be PMing at Night, right, so maybe it will bring them to at least some activity. (Well, they don't have to, but every normal person would exchange at least few lines.) And people will then very likely be bothering them with asking "so what were you two discussing at night, could you tell us something?"

Anyway, the point of the idea of voting for NGs among the quiet is simply the fact that the Wolves often kill quiet people on Day 1 in order not to leave any tracks.

Though of course, I don't mind if somebody votes me for the Night Guard...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #82
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
hmmm I'm not sure I like the idea of voting a quiet person for NG, that would be giving them a free ride for the night. They could just choose to stay quiet for the day after seeing that.
True, but they're also obvious kill choices. And if they stay too quiet they will eventually be mod-fired or lynched or killed, since they cana't be NG or BG twice in a row, and towards the end the village tends to kill off the quiet people.

EDIT: Crossed with legate and poor grammer

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Clarification from Master Nogrod. Do we get 2 retractions to use for the entire game (whether Captain, lynch, or NG)? Or do we get 2 lynch-vote retractions for the entire game?
I must admit I was thinking mainly about the lynch-votes, but let's say it is what it says eg. two votes whatever they are? That's the simplest way to solve the issue.

The whole point of giving people two retractions was that if someone someday was unsure whether s/he could come back before the DL there would be a chance to change one's vote if one eventually had a chance to come back and saw that important information had turned out while s/he had been away.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #84
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Fea can be quite random. But what could possibly have come of her post? Unless she's some dashedly complicated scheme, I can't see what could possibly come of it.
I spend a fair portion of my time amused that people give me so much undeserved credit for brilliance or scheming.

More often I merely take credit for coincidences, or find ways to phrase things that leave no way for me to appear wrong.

It's exceptionally easy to say, after the fact, that I meant to do something all along.

And while I'll say proudly that I intended to stir up some discussion by tossing my retractions, it's something I'd have done with or without an ulterior motive.

Day Ones are boring without something to discuss.

I for one believe that anybody with the village's best interest at heart will toss their retractions, thereby cornering the wolves into getting rid of theirs as well.

But since people will selfishly and fearfully hold on to the promise that they might make a difference for the better, they will never take away the opportunity for bad guys to make a difference for the worse.

Life is sacrifice, my lambs.

But are any others brave enough to take initiative?

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 09-22-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: x'd with Mac onward
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #85
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

FEA! You're alive! I was afraid you drowned in the shower!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #86
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Both Roa and Legate your reasoning behind voting for quiets as NG makes sense to me now, I never even thought of that (early for me like I said)

and Fea....so we are YOUR lambs are we?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #87
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, 5 hours before deadline, and all I have is a Boromir who's either of wolf whose plan didn't work, or paranoid villager, and that only because of one post.

You all asked for it. I'm going to start analysis (something I wanted to save for Day 2).

Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #88
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I find the lack of helpful posts frustrating, yes. Surprisingly, this makes not want to vote you, since you are the second loudest person in the village, and I may lynch myself if it continues on this way.
Legate is correct in his cautioning about bandwagon voting for someone on a minor thing.

However, if you find me suspicious, than vote for me, because I would not be the worst loss. Also, randomly deciding to bandwagon against someone else, because you are not confident in the suspicion of your top suspect, and then the rest of the people who decide to follow you for the same reasons can turn out just as awful (possibly more) than not going with a top suspect even if your reasons are minor against your top.

So, pretty much it would be a lot easier if we vote for our top suspects. I can't tell you what they will decide to do with you when my role turns up, but I wouldn't be the most terrible loss and therefor, going with someone who is not your top suspect might wind up more terrible.

Quote:
I have nothing else to go on, and I refuse to not say anything.
I'm not suspecting you for it, I'm aggravated because you keep telling me I'm not answering your questions, when I have been. I have a bigger ego of myself than you do of yourself and do not think I am ever the choice for someone at random. You may not like my reasons, but separate that from the fact that I have been answering you.

Quote:
Fea can be quite random. But what could possibly have come of her post? Unless she's some dashedly complicated scheme, I can't see what could possibly come of it.
When it comes from Fea, who I grant can do random things, but there is a history of her openly wanting me dead early...and I was trying to find out in this situation, why?

Edit: crossed with I have no idea how many.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #89
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Here Roa this might help. It's every post up until you asked me what I think of people. I'll be gone for 2 hours and then I'll be back to catch up and vote before my class.

Roa: being very serious, questioning
Boro: being silly
Zil: no problem being captain
Roa: is going to hold her NG vote until later, questions Zil
Valier: doesn’t have problems with being NG or Captain, will hold her captain vote for a while (like Roa she says though Roa is holding her NG not necessarily her captain)
Zil: could be Captain today (but not really tomorrow) “Whatever you all think best”… that is a bit weird…
Legate: likes that Roa was straight to the point, could be either NG or Captain. Thinks we should choose all 3 people very carefully
Boro: being silly
Roa: wondering where the village is
Sally: doesn’t want to be captain
Boro:… being… silly
Fea: tells people they can make her anything that they want but she can’t promise she’ll be good at said job
Rune: thinks Valier and himself are the most obvious choices for captain (jokingly or not... don’t know)… “but do we want the responsibility? We might never know…” … this was weird.
Zil: wonders why Rune and Valier are the most obvious choices
Rune: “because we are fantastic” because they play the game well? *tries to not be offended*
Fea: uses her retractions so they won’t be around
Sally: “erm… okay?” at Rune about the Rune/Valier captain choices
Rune: apparently posting while tipsy, dislikes retractable votes as well
Roa: asks Rune why he wants to be captain, she had no logistical problems with being captain but makes no promises on being adept at it
Roa: finds Rune suspicious for being too eager for the captaincy.
Boro: explains that Rune likes having power and importance so this makes him a top candidate for captain, finds the Fea remark defending her use of Boro for retractions: “hardly convincing”, plans to vote people into various positions based on their ability to identify some quotes
Sally: responds to Boro’s quotes
Rune: wants to be Captain because he has the most faith in himself though he says a FeaCaptain might be interesting too
Fea: defends her retraction-defense
Roa: questions Boro about his quotes
Leslote: pops in to say that she probably wouldn’t be a good captain as it is her first time playing
Roa: helps Leslote becoming invisible
Roa: will be back
Leslote: apologizes for being visible
Hakon: has leadership qualities so wouldn’t mind being captain, thinks we should be careful to not vote a gifted into captaincy, proclaims his innocence… as a non-gifted.
Zil: finds Hakon’s innocence proclamation weird and asks if he is sure he is innocent
Sally: thinks Hakon’s innocence thing awkward, won’t make Rune, Lottie (the new nickname), Hakon, or Fea captain
Hakon: felt the need to state that he was innocent
Sally: won’t be around much
Sally: thinks people leaving clues just because they can is weird
Nienna: asked some fabulous questions that no one answered… its cool.
Boro: defends his quote and leaves it open to other takers
Roa: wonders what other motive Fea could have had for defending her retraction post within the post
Nerwen: identifies Boro’s quote, thinks we should take the captain stuff more seriously as we really don’t want to vote in a wolf
Nerwen: wonders what Boro and Fea are up to
Gwath: reminds Nerwen that only a few people have actually said they want to be captain the rest say they wouldn’t object to holding the position
Gwath: will be busy
Brinn: won’t be around a lot, needs to vote soon, is a bit confused about the rules, doesn’t want to random vote as she wouldn’t want to be responsible for putting a wolf in for captain
Legate: wolf as captain would be tragic, doesn’t understand Fea/Boro, doesn’t have much time
Newren: asks Legate for clarification
Legate: clarifies that the Fea/Boro thing should be dropped
Rune: can relate to Fea dropping her retractable votes
Fea: defends her retracts
Boro: defends himself some more
Zil: answers another part of the quote, doesn’t understand the Fea Controversy
Nienna: vouches for Fea, doesn’t find the Boro thing weird
Roa: a wolf could try bluffing into captaincy, wonders why Legate finds her questioning Boro odd, prompts Boro to actually answer her question
Roa: wonders some more where people are
Fea: needs shower and food
Nienna: reminds Roa that people mentioned lots of RL reasons for being away
Boro: says why he’s not going to be around much
Roa: prompts me to make this post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #90
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna, I love you.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #91
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Gah, I dislike Day 1's.
Even with many people talking, there never seems to be much of substance to work with. I may be leaning toward Boro as one NG, however. While I don't think him worthy of serious doubt just yet, he's sending an odd vibe or two.
The Captain is, at the moment, nearly as pressing a concern for me as the lynch candidate for toDay. That's a lot of power, and certainly dangerous for a wolf to have.
Roa (who I have absolutely no previous knowledge of) has been the most vocal and has said nothing to draw my suspicion yet. I'm considering her for Captain.
Really, the most doubtful thing I've seen thus far is Hakon's remark about why he'd make a good Captain candidate.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #92
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
FEA! You're alive! I was afraid you drowned in the shower!
Actually, I got massively distracted by the movie 'The Prince & Me: A Royal Honeymoon' which was exactly as terribly as it sounds. I haven't even made it to the shower yet. Naughty me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
and Fea....so we are YOUR lambs are we?
Well, dear, in a game such as this, you're either a lamb or a wolf in sheep's clothing. Do you deny that you're a lamb?

Nienna- didn't anybody with a background in writing ever teach you that you can read things more quickly when they're spaced instead of compacted, and when they're formatted into columns instead of long lines? There's a reason it's easier to skim a newspaper article than it is to skim a Russian novel.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #93
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I’m going to ignore the people with two posts or less, because there isn’t anything to say about them.
Starting at the bottom and working my way up:
Nerwen
Post 1 – Answers Boromir’s quote contest. Points out that the one reason to not vote for someone for NG would that gifted cannot act if voted into this role, is unsure whether this is true or not, Thinks people aren’t being serious about the captain
(She makes a good point and something I hadn’t yet thought of. Of course, the gifted can’t come out and say that they don’t want the job, so it makes little difference)
Post 2- Is curious about Boro and Fea, doesn’t understand why Fea got rid of her retractables, thinks Boromir should have picked a more obscure quote
(I hate retractables myself, but I don’t mind them when they’re limited in such a way. Not everyone feels that way, and a lot of people like them.)
Post 3- concedes to gwath that people are taking the captain role seriously, is confused by legate’s statement
(Aaaaaaand…. No, I got nothing.)
Also, Nienna, while your summary was astounding, I’m curious as to what conclusions you have drawn from it?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #94
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

wow it's been so long I can't remember how to quote poeple.....
No fea I don't deny being a lamb, only that I am not your lamb.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Let's get the ball started...

++Captain Rune

Nice campaign speech, he wants it, take it.

++NG Inzil

This merely wasn't for jumping through a hoop for me in answering a question. I've had a very nice read on Inzil's past behavior as a wolf and he's not triggering any wolvish feeling. He's skilled enough to adapt, but I would like him protected.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #96
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Basically, I never find what Fea does is random, whether she says it or not, or if it really is random or not. She chooses and uses people who will be an advantage to her, and sorry for prodding around a bit to figure out "why me?"

Were you the one who was supposedly at random voted for? No. So, you are not looking at it from my perspective. I already have an inflated ego of myself, most of the time I just scroll through the thread and see who has mentioned my name, so to you, but would you deny it?
The reason, if there is one, could only be that she wants to see how you reacted. Why you? Well, your inflated ego should tell you the answer, shouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, of course not. But I was just trying it for the sake of seeing how she replies. There may be people who reply in exactly that way and make it a joke, or something... the point is that if you are a Wolf and somebody asks you that, you have to lie, and well, sometimes it can cause some change in behavior or different way of posting or thinking. Some would try not to reply at all. The point is not the answer, but the form. It was just worth a try.
Two questions here: why Nienna? And what did you think of her reply, then?

EDIT:X'd since Nienna.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #97
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Nienna, I love you.
Seconded. I heart Nienna's SparkNotes.

Roa, Kath's rather quiet too sometimes (although here now) so just keep that in mind. Also, good to see you, Miss Kath!

Okay, so to clarify, I (we) need to vote for:
Lynch (two plusses and bolded)
Captain (two plusses and highlighted, possibly add 'for captain' to the end)
Night Guard (two plusses, highlighted, and add 'Guard')

Right? I just want to make sure I get it right, see.

Going to lunch, but it'll be a slow day at the office I think so I should be around a bit this afternoon.

EDIT: x'd with Val, Legate, and Nerwen
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #98
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Answers Boromir’s quote contest. Points out that the one reason to not vote for someone for NG would that gifted cannot act if voted into this role, is unsure whether this is true or not
And I still don't. Anyone have any clues on this?

EDIT:X'd with Sally.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #99
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
wow it's been so long I can't remember how to quote poeple.....
Hit the "quote" button on the bottom right-hand corner of their posts.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #100
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

EDIT:X'd with Sally.
I don't think it matters. If a gifted is night guarded even if the gifted can't act, the gifted can't be killed. With the gifteds being hunters and rangers, it may be to their advantage to be guarded early and survive later on when they have better chance at using their gifts successfully. That's just my opinion though.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #101
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Okay, so to clarify, I (we) need to vote for:
Lynch (two plusses and bolded)
Captain (two plusses and highlighted, possibly add 'for captain' to the end)
Night Guard (two plusses, highlighted, and add 'Guard')

Right? I just want to make sure I get it right, see.
Boro made the "election votes" quite nicely in #95. The main thing is that I can see who are you voting and into what position - and to not mess them up with your lynch-votes (thus elections highlighted and lynches bolded).

Also to anyone thinking about this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
If a gifted is night guarded even if the gifted can't act, the gifted can't be killed.
Right. A gifted as a Captain, BG or NG can't perform his duties during the Night but can not be killed either (even a Hunter can't touch them). Later in the game the number of them will decrease and in the end there will be none. (consult the rules for details)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #102
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rune

Post 1- Thinks he and Valier would make the best captains, but may not want to be, thinks this Day will be more random and confusing than usual, says he’ll be around a bit

(Well, that certainly takes some guts to say, but it’s a really obvious “I could be captain, but maybe I don’t want it…” ploy.)

Post 2- Says he and Valier are good captain candidates because they has good people skill and people can trust them.

(That is terrible reasoning: “You can trust me because you can trust me.”)

Post 3- Says he’s actually quite tipsy, and doesn’t like retractable votes

(Never post on werewolf while drunk.)

Post 4- changes to invisible, says he wants to be captain because he trusts himself, though he thinks Captain Fea would be interesting, goes to bed

(That at least makes more sense than his previous argument. Of course you’d want somebody you can trust in the captain position, and we can only trust ourselves for now)

Post 5- says Kath tends to forget Day 1, says he understands and agrees with Fea on retractable votes

(Overall, the most suspicious thing about him is his bid for captain. It seems really obvious, almost too obvious for a wolf ploy, but then, I’ve pulled obvious stunts as a wolf before and gotten away with it…)

Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #103
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Iniz

Post 1- Says he won’t be around late in Day 2, so it would be difficult for him to be captain then

(Ok, just answering a question)

Post 2- Clarifies that Day 1 is not a problem for him, but we should do what we think is best

(shrug)

Post 3- Questions Rune about his bid for captain

(It’s a fair question)

Post 4- Finds Hakon’s bid for captain suspicious, especially with end statement of “I’m innocent”

(A good point and one that I’d missed)

Post 5- Answers Rune’s question, doesn’t get the controversy around Boro and Fea

(The only thing that bothers me is that he isn’t around.)

Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #104
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So we must vote for a captain and 2 NG? then someone to lynch? wow that's alot of decisions.
I think my Captain vote for the day will be someone I'm interested in seeing what they do with the role, my choices atm are Roa, Legate, Boro or Rune, since all are fairly talkative and it would be interesting to see how they handle it. The NG's on the other hand are just people we think should be protected...hmmmm
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #105
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rune is one of the least talkative people here.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #106
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I may be leaning toward Boro as one NG, however. While I don't think him worthy of serious doubt just yet, he's sending an odd vibe or two.
May I ask how it is related? I.e. why would you want to vote Boro as NG, if he seems weird to you?

Quote:
Two questions here: why Nienna? And what did you think of her reply, then?
Nienna, because she was the one who posted meanwhile between my two posts before (i.e. I x-ed with her, then I was reading what I x-ed with, and then I was thinking about her, which is described in the post I made), and it just occured to me to ask her there. That's it. As for what did I think of her reply, nothing very special. I may judge it also later depending on her behavior otherwise in the game.

Quote:
I thought, since the rules explicitely state that Captain can't do anything else at Night and BGs can't do anything else at Night but with NGs there is no such statement, that it means that NGs can do whatever they are. But maybe Mr. Nogmod could clarify if he's around?

EDIT: x-ed with His Truly and onwards. Okay, so actually even the NGs cannot do anything, okay? Maybe you should write it to the rules then.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #107
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Rune is one of the least talkative people here
true, but I know Rune and would be curious as to how he handles the Captain role. It may tell me if he is Innocent by the way he reacts.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #108
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
So we must vote for a captain and 2 NG? then someone to lynch? wow that's alot of decisions.
Hey, okay, one more question then. Are we supposed to cast one vote for NG or two votes for NG? I.e. everybody votes for two people? I originally thought that we are supposed to vote just for one person, and simply the two who got the most will become NGs. Or how is it? Nogger?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #109
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Val, everyone votes for one person to night guard, the top 2 vote getters will then be guarded.

Edit: Legate, I'm sure it was in the Rules somewhere, but I ask everyon to look at post #5 (in this thread, some reason it's not linking for me).
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #110
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Hello, I'm finally here. Sorry it took me so long, Tuesdays are just very bad WW days for me. I'll be able to post more on the later Days, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I will probably vote someone who isn't here yet for captain. That way, if they are evil, at least they won't have a chance to do serious damage.
I'm not sure if I understand this point right. Do you mean that a quiet wolf would be less dangerous if s/he was Captain than if s/he wasn't, or that s/he would be less dangerous as Captain than some other wolf? If so, why? However quiet a wolf, I doubt they would fail to use their Captain's power if given that - and if they do use it, I doubt they'd make it any better for the village.

As for your question in your very first post, I don't mind being voted NG. I have no idea why anyone would want me as Captain, and while I don't have any obstacles (except not being around at DL), I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that much power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Legate is correct in his cautioning about bandwagon voting for someone on a minor thing.
Yes, I quite agree, as Day 1 bandwagons indeed tend to rise from little things and end up in disaster. I find it rather curious too, though, given that on a Day 1 little things are pretty much all we have. And while suspicion based on a little thing goes seldom right, it is also, on Day 1, the only thing that has so much as a chance of going right.

This, of course, has nothing to do with Boro and Fea's case. Personally I can see nothing alarming about either of them.

I'll post ideas about the Captain (and maybe NG:s) soon.

EDIT: x-ed with loads
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks for the clarification, Nog. (And Boro for the fine example.)

++Guard Val

Call it a hunch, but I think she'd make a good Night One kill. (And mind you that I was right last time with Mnemo as well as a couple others, so maybe I'm actually getting the hang of this. Not saying it'll be the case, but I'm sticking by it anyway.)

++Legate for Captain

He's said things yet hasn't tripped my radar in any way (yet, at least) so I trust him for now. Besides, I know he's logical and hopefully won't do something stupid if given the power of Captain.

EDIT: x'd with A Little
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #112
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fea

Post 1- has no problem being Captain or NG, but makes no promises about her performance

Post 2- Gets rid of her retractable votes.

(I still don’t see anything suspicious about it.)

Post 3 – Explains to Boromir about her previous posts

Post 4 – explains her reason for not liking retractable votes

(Well, she’s right…)

Post 5- Says she’ll be back after a shower and some food

Post 6 – finds it amusing that people credit her with brilliant scheming when she usually just takes advantage of circumstances, says she wanted to stir up discussion because Day 1’s are boring, thinks anyone who has the village’s best interest at heart will throw away their retractables

(I mostly agree with her, except for the last part, since sometimes a retractable can be used for good.)

Post 7- explains her absence, banters with Valier, criticizes Nienna’s formatting.

(She’s done one major thing that apparently succeeded in purpose- stirring up discussion- but she’s made very little comment on any suspicions or thoughts, and I usually expect more from her. I want to know who she’s going to vote for and why, and she just isn’t delivering. A fea who wants to save the village tends to be aggressive.)

Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #113
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I think my Captain vote for the day will be someone I'm interested in seeing what they do with the role, my choices atm are Roa, Legate, Boro or Rune, since all are fairly talkative and it would be interesting to see how they handle it.
I might be inclined to vote Boro or Legate for Captain since they both seem innocentish and are clever and active. I've seen too little of Rune in this game to trust him enough to give him power, and Roa I'm hesitant to vote because she is by far the most active player around and I'd be afraid that if she was voted Captain too she'd have a bit more power than I'm comfortable with.

I have no idea about NGs or lynch yet.

EDIT: x-ed with Sally and Roa
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #114
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm not sure if I understand this point right. Do you mean that a quiet wolf would be less dangerous if s/he was Captain than if s/he wasn't, or that s/he would be less dangerous as Captain than some other wolf? If so, why? However quiet a wolf, I doubt they would fail to use their Captain's power if given that - and if they do use it, I doubt they'd make it any better for the village.
I meant that if that person simply isn't going to be around, then they can't do any damage. For example, a person who hasn't shown up all day may very well not show up all night, so then they can't do any harm because they aren't there to do it. Make sense?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Hey, okay, one more question then. Are we supposed to cast one vote for NG or two votes for NG? I.e. everybody votes for two people? I originally thought that we are supposed to vote just for one person, and simply the two who got the most will become NGs. Or how is it? Nogger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Also, we must vote for a captain, but unless I'm very much confused, we don't need to vote for NG's.
Actually you have to - as said in the rules (everyone votes for one and the two gaining the most votes will be chosen).
Old 09-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #116
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

How do I highlight the text?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #117
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I meant that if that person simply isn't going to be around, then they can't do any damage. For example, a person who hasn't shown up all day may very well not show up all night, so then they can't do any harm because they aren't there to do it. Make sense?
Yep. I misunderstood you - I thought you were talking about less vocal players instead of players who don't turn up at all. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #118
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
How do I highlight the text?
[ HIGHLIGHT ] text [ /HIGHLIGHT ]

*without the spaces between the brackets
Old 09-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #119
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

++ Legate for Captain

Because he seems sensible and innocentish and has already received a vote. I don't like the idea of spreading the votes too much, especially if someone I'm considering myself has already been voted for. By the way, what happens if there is a tie in Captain votes? Noggers?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #120
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Don't make me start flooding with analysis... I'll do it!

*sigh* Something tells me that the wolves are going be deep down undercover this game.

At this point, Rikae, Kath, Greenie, and Lommy have yet to even post. Greenie's a quiet one, fine, but what happened to the others?

I will probably vote someone who isn't here yet for captain. That way, if they are evil, at least they won't have a chance to do serious damage.

And at the moment my top suspect is Boromir. Yes, my points against him are circumstantial, but no one's posting.
So do you actually think that the wolves should be found amongst the silent people or was it just a feeling?

I can see that you fear that the role as captain can damage the village. I know that today we have to elect a captain, but maybe it would be smart to have a talk about wether we want anybody to be in that position of power later on.
Quote:
Haha, okay, I may as well post what I thought of, because I considered it a brilliant idea and it took me a few seconds to realise that it actually is not much of a help (if you say it just like that). After reading Nienna's post, I thought: "Hmm, Nienna is either an innocent... or a wolf."

Brilliant revelation, isn't it? Though you see, even though it seems like stating the obvious, the point is the dynamic behind the thinking. I have concluded that myself, I wasn't told that by the rules.

Well anyway, I may as well ask, Nienna, are you innocent?
Legate, you really frustrate me. Your post can make perfect sense and seem quite ordinary for you and then they can really confuse me. I really don't know what to think of it. . .probably slightly suspicous.

Quote:
There are quite a few ways I can see the wolves playing the Captain thing...ie: Out right ask to be the Captain, or just subtly say they wouldn't mind or the most likely, be really really helpful and make alot of sense, tricking people into voting for you. Which if I was a wolf would probably be the way I would go, lol but just me saying that could be construed as suspisious, but hey it's true. When trying to catch wolves one must think like them.
That is the beauty and the curse of the game, people can do almost do what they please and argue that it points towards their innocens.

Quote:
The problem with that line of reasoning is that an innocent villager would do the exact same thing. If we start lynching people for being helpful, then we lose all the people who are being helpful.
Of course we should not lynch people just because they are being helpful, that would be stupid indeed, but I do think there is some merit to Valiers theory. We should be on the lookout for relatively helpful people, that post a fair amount and seem helpful, but don't produce much. Like if people make very detailed posts about what others have said, but never really conclude anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Oi! To sally and Rune. I've actually made it to a Day 1 this time so there.

Actually I must admit it's only because Nog put the link on the admin thread which I get emails from ... but never mind! I am here. By the way a 10pm deadline is always a little bit of a rush for me as I tend to forget until the last minute so don't be surprised if you suddenly get a flurry of (and by that I mean my usual 3) posts all in one go at about half 9!

Off for a bit now. Will return later.
Damn, it would have been so funny if you had not turned up on day 1 again, especially in Nogrods game.

EDIT: I Cross posted with everbody since Little Green (My post was deleted so it took me ages to write)

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 09-22-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Cross posting
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote