The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #401
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Because I'm spending the weekend at my friend's summer cottage I will have to vote early toDay and I will appear rather late toMorrow (in case the game is still going on and I'm still alive).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #402
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Gah!

I forgot to write McCaber and Lhuna out in the last minute hassle... I will do it asap. Their exit will be added into the last narration as an epilogue and their names will be subtracted from the "living"-list.

And yes, you still have one wolf and one ranger to play with... so nothing's changing there.

Another issue.

If / when this game continues over the June 20th we will have our midsummernight's parties here in Finland and I will be offline from 20th to 22nd.

I have two suggestions then.

A) We take a leave from the game and halt the game on Thursday the 19th 11PM GMT and continue 11PM GMT on Sunday.

B) Someone will take a place of a co-mod and takes care of those days...

So what say you? Any volunteers? (It will ask some imaginative powers as well as I'm not yet sure how those stories of Herbert and Edelfried will continue and how they will turn out in the end as they're quite dependent on what happens in the game... they are a kind of "a work in progress".

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #403
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I forgot to write McCaber and Lhuna out in the last minute hassle... I will do it asap. Their exit will be added into the last narration as an epilogue and their names will be subtracted from the "living"-list.
Ah, I was wondering about that but I didn't think I should say anything being dead and all...

Quote:
B) Someone will take a place of a co-mod and takes care of those days...
If the game is still running, I could probably co-mod. I really doubt I'm gonna have a job a week from now and besides...it'll be good practice for when I mod my game.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #404
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
If the game is still running, I could probably co-mod. I really doubt I'm gonna have a job a week from now and besides...it'll be good practice for when I mod my game.
If you check my last edit to my post and still feel like trying it I would be very happy indeed!

But let's hear others first whether they wish to have a pause or whether we should continue. I mean if many people are going to be away during that time - I think this midsummernight's partying is an European thing - we should have a pause. But if most or all want to continue I'd love to have you Brinn as my co-mod!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #405
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, let's hope the game is not running then anymore, at least not with me and/or Greenie alive - we have practically no chance to get online for many days after the 20th...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #406
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Whatever's best for you all if perfectly fine with me. I've got nothing real special going on for a few weeks, so I would be okay with a pause if you needed it.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #407
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But let's hear others first whether they wish to have a pause or whether we should continue.
Of course. Whatever the players want...it's totally up to them (obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
It will ask some imaginative powers as well as I'm not yet sure how those stories of Herbert and Edelfried will continue and how they will turn out in the end as they're quite dependent on what happens in the game... they are a kind of "a work in progress".
Well, I like to think that I have at least some imaginative powers. If you were to give me at least some direction, I think I would be able to handle those characters according to the events of the game.

But before I get too far ahead of myself...there are a lot more Days to go before next weekend. For we all know, the game could be long over by then. But if it does look like you'll be needing my help, be sure to send me a PM. I may be dead, but I'll still be reading the game thread regularly.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 AM   #408
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, concerning the progress of the game, as I announced already before it started, since 20th, I am goner and there's no way I can participate any longer, even if the game runs still by that time.

Now to issues at hand, I would like to apologise for my severe lack of participation lately as well as toDay, the exams have been all around me. Now they are almost all behind me, however anyway, toDay I am leaving soon, as I am going to relax my mind in the nature for the weekend. So I won't probably have chance to post much even now, and then on the next Day I will only be back late (several hours before DL), and I am not also very sure how large my participation will be.

So that's about it. Sorry all folks for being so unengaged lately, but exams came first and I can't possibly catch up on all...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #409
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I seriously doubt we'll still be going in a week.

But I would only like to pause if a significant amount of the currently alive will be gone. If it's only one or two, they may very well be dead by then.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #410
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This Day included there will be four Days aka four lynches (and three Nights aka three possible kills) of gametime available before we run into any trouble. That means we will be at the end of Day9 on thursday 11 PM GMT and if everything goes wrong for the villagers it will be 4-1 then and after the Night10 - and the wolf succeeding - 3-1!

So let's just play now and look at the possible problems later.

This far it seems three players will have problems to play after June 20th (the end of Day9).

I'm probably going to be in our summer-cabin from that on (June 20th) as well, until Sunday - but even that absence isn't 100% certain as it now seems very few people are going to attend the party or are unsure about it this year. And I won't go there to celebrate the midsummernight's eve alone...

So we'll play now and discuss the problems later if they need to be addressed.

And Brinn: if needs be, you are assigned!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #411
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
These midsummer celebrations sound fun - Moomin Midsummer Madness was one of my favourite Tove Jansson books as a child....