The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #41
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

theres a picture of denethor at councilofelrond.com, in the gallery under rotk pics. but it doesnt show his costume, more a close up of his face.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:51 AM   #42
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooooooo awsome pics meela i love all those pics of the gondorian peoples they rock!! <BR>hmm except maybe the gondor guard one hmmmmmmm <P><BR>not at all how i pictured them. Aren't the wings supposed to be made out of mithril? <P>Denethor is awesome but that pic is a bit crazy looking.<p>[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]
Old 02-24-2003, 06:48 AM   #43
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

crazy looking?? ive printed out about 6 copies of that picture so wherever i go i have my beloved denethor with me!
Old 04-02-2003, 05:23 PM   #44
Retloc the Red

Pipe

I have a question. Are there slits in the wizards robes? It's kind of hard to tell from just watching the movie and in the section of the Lord of the Rings: Extended Version, they don't go in to great detail about the robes.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #45
Elotareth
Animated Skeleton

Elotareth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No idea about the robes- check <A HREF="http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr" TARGET=_blank>www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr</A> , they might have something on it. I am in the process of making a suede-like light moss green Elven dress from info on that sight. Its wonderful. I love all of the costumes, but I especially liked Haldir's armour and that of the Elves of Lorien. Arwen's white "bridge dress" from FotR is beatiful, as well as the chase dress and the dream dress. Can't wait to see more of the red one in RotK!
Matthew 28:20
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king"
Elotareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:24 AM   #46
Conspiracy Theorist

Pipe

Boromir's costume was truly inspired. One thing that struck me was the color of the silk tunic he wore. The color is very close to Tyrian Purple (more red than the purple we know today), notably in medieval times worn only by high nobility vis the Eagle Dalmatic here(scroll down to mid page)<BR><A HREF="http://www.virtue.to/articles/extant.html" TARGET=_blank>Eagle Dalmatic</A><P>If this was the intent of the costumer it was brilliant. If they just liked the color, still the costuming was fantastic.<P>