Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #2681
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hm. I just had an idea. Elempi, what would you think of taking the part(s) of one or two or all three of the landlords that they visit? Then you would be involved, plus we'd have another angle from which to view the story.

Quote:
Otherwise: there has not been still any official proclamation on Athanar's part concerning the fugitives; is he going to leave it be (since they haven't been caught) and keep it just for rumors among the folk? Not sure if this is Athanar's style and probably not any lord's style, anyway. So perhaps now that the parties return and report, Athanar might want to put some "official position" forwards? (This is probably to Foley and Dury, but depends if they want to write about Thornden and Coen reporting, or if Nog can make it with one post and write about how Athanar reacted.) This is probably also related to Wynflaed, like Mnemo said, and all these various points of view can meet...
I, too, would like to see how this whole Erbrand and Lithor desertion thing works out. I put Thornden's neck out for him and would be rather disappointed if nothing came of it. (Am I not SO kind to my character?)
Old 10-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #2682
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I, too, would like to see how this whole Erbrand and Lithor desertion thing works out. I put Thornden's neck out for him and would be rather disappointed if nothing came of it. (Am I not SO kind to my character?)
Didn't we decide that Saeryn should tell Athanar that Thornden knew? (It's clearly been a while, but the more people talk about it the more comes back to me.)

I am utterly too busy today to make any sort of progress, but hopefully come Saturday, if there's something I can do to get things moving forward-ish, I'll be able to. Let me know if any of you have any ideas.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #2683
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Didn't we decide that Saeryn should tell Athanar that Thornden knew? (It's clearly been a while, but the more people talk about it the more comes back to me.)
That would be brilliant, but no...Saeryn didn't know that Thornden knew. Let's see...the ones who have the potential of knowing are Hilderinc, Leof, and I think one other, but I don't recall...I'll have to look and see.

Quote:
I am utterly too busy today to make any sort of progress, but hopefully come Saturday, if there's something I can do to get things moving forward-ish, I'll be able to. Let me know if any of you have any ideas.
I'll try to think of something and let you know if I do. I, too, am exremely busy today and tomorrow...and I may not even be able to post this weekend.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #2684
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I think lord Athanar would wish not to pursue the fugitives any more himself right now as he needs all the men available for the visits to the landlords, but he'd probably send one man to Edoras to announce the outlaws to the king. And he'd have to leave a few men to guard the Mead Hall just in case the two were murderous and still around. (Remember, he doesn't know them!)

We'll have to check this "Saeryn knew" stuff. If it is that way, then it should be that way.

Heh, a good idea Foley! So if you lmp wish to play for the landlords (one or some of them), it would be great fun!

In that case, we should probably PM something about them as to how we see their situation in respect of the new Mead Hall - and what kind of people they are - so that we work on the same premises. And which one of them would you like to play... so as to decide which encounter we'd be writing all of us?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #2685
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Heh, a good idea Foley! So if you lmp wish to play for the landlords (one or some of them), it would be great fun!

In that case, we should probably PM something about them as to how we see their situation in respect of the new Mead Hall - and what kind of people they are - so that we work on the same premises. And which one of them would you like to play... so as to decide which encounter we'd be writing all of us?
I'm willing. The PM idea is good. I don't have oodles of time to really concentrate on the last 6 or so pages of this thread, so any summaries you can offer in that regard would be most helpful.

Allow me to share my opinion in regard to rushing some parts of the story: if there's a writer on this rpg who really wants to write something for a given scenario, and can get some time in to do it, let him/her have a go. The rest of us I would think would be willing to give the writer a couple days.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #2686
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry, I should have answered another question sooner. Someone asked about timing in regard to news of Eodwine. According to Barbara Strachey's maps, it took the Rohirrim 5 days to get from Edoras to Minas Tirith. They weren't moving slowly. Postal service/messenger service would run probably about the same pace. So Scarburg will get the news of Eodwine's recovery 5 days after it occurs.

I haven't nailed down exactly when he recovers - I just wrote the thing the day I decided to come back. So I could back date the thing and Scarburg could find out any day we choose. Or we could figure on a full five days, whatever seems best. The news will be accompanied by a request for Saeryn to come immediately to Minas Tirith since Eodwine is a long way from being strong enough to travel.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #2687
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I'm willing. The PM idea is good. I don't have oodles of time to really concentrate on the last 6 or so pages of this thread, so any summaries you can offer in that regard would be most helpful.
I'll PM you on Sunday (Lommy and Greenie are with me this weekend)

And as you -and Legate - said, let's not be too hasty.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #2688
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Or we could figure on a full five days, whatever seems best. The news will be accompanied by a request for Saeryn to come immediately to Minas Tirith since Eodwine is a long way from being strong enough to travel.
We should go for the full five days...

Any one with a tally of when Eodwine left? I mean are we even as far as when Eodwine might "wake up" on Minas Tirith?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #2689
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, he left October 9 from the Mead Hall. He was in Edoras for some time, but we're not sure how long, I would guess two weeks, maybe? Because in that time Saeryn went to Edoras, told the King the trouble, the king made the decision to put a new eorl at Scarburg, and the healer there decided they couldn't do anything for Eodwine. So, then he was shipped off to Minas Tirith, we'll say around October 23rd and got there maybe November 1st (is that too slow?). And now it's November 12. So Saeryn will get word on the 17th, which will be after, I presume, Athanar has made his rounds with the lords.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #2690
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Allow me to share my opinion in regard to rushing some parts of the story: if there's a writer on this rpg who really wants to write something for a given scenario, and can get some time in to do it, let him/her have a go. The rest of us I would think would be willing to give the writer a couple days.
That's a good idea, but unfortunately, any fun scenerio takes two people, usually, and it's so crazy for everyone, nothing seems to be moving forward. I'll brainstorm tomorrow and see what I can figure out to get this train back on the rails and moving again.

-- Foley
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #2691
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

The searchers should come back to the Mead Hall? We could make a couple of short posts on it and then turn on the next Day - unless someone has an idea willing to write on something for the ongoing day still.

We are doing some background planning on the landlords so in a few days (RL) we should be able move forwards to meet them - and sure, people should write on the morning, the feelings of the soldiers getting on a mission...
Old 10-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #2692
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The searchers should come back to the Mead Hall? We could make a couple of short posts on it and then turn on the next Day - unless someone has an idea willing to write on something for the ongoing day still.
I guess that's it, and I guess it's up to the Captains, or we can just pass it by with some description ("so they have returned, reported everything and that was it..."). I think that depends on Foley and Dury. And Nog, I am not sure if you have taken into account what I have said several times or if you take it as part of this "couple of short posts" you mention here, but is Athanar not going to give any "official announcement" or "official position" about Erbrand and Lithor? Like announcing "Erbrand and Lithor are henceforth labelled deserters, whoever finds them should bring them to the justice... and btw hope nobody of you is going to do some similar stupid thing" or something like that?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #2693
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And Nog, I am not sure if you have taken into account what I have said several times or if you take it as part of this "couple of short posts" you mention here, but is Athanar not going to give any "official announcement" or "official position" about Erbrand and Lithor? Like announcing "Erbrand and Lithor are henceforth labelled deserters, whoever finds them should bring them to the justice... and btw hope nobody of you is going to do some similar stupid thing" or something like that?
Well I did say this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
he'd probably send one man to Edoras to announce the outlaws to the king. And he'd have to leave a few men to guard the Mead Hall just in case the two were murderous and still around. (Remember, he doesn't know them!)
And that would surely contain what you said there, eg. an announcement. What do you think, is there is a shared evening meal (what is the time the searching parties come back)? Or how much buzzing the place would have after that incident?

Okay, making that last question actually answered my question... yes it should be in the evening the announcement is made.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #2694
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You know, it would be a really good idea for Athanar to tell the household this night that the next day (or soon) he plans to go out and confront the other landlords. I think once the people have something to work for together some of their problems will dissipate.

I've no time to write anything right now, another class is beggining even as I type. Gotta run.

-- Foley
Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #2695
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I wrote a post, nudging us even closer to the end of the day. I suggest that if people want to continue some of the conversations or events that could have happened earlier in the day (i.e. conversation between Wynflaed, Saeryn, and Athanar, or the confrontation between Modtryth and the boys) then by all means do so. However, if no one does that in the next day or two, I humbly submit that Nogrod should post a post about Athanar speaking there at the evening meal about what happened during the day, the results of the searches and what that means for everybody, and what is going to happen next (that is, we're going to go and get the king's taxes out of the stubborn land owners).

I do hope everyone is cool with what I wrote.

-- Foley
Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #2696
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate, I think it's pretty funny that you have Aflorgad (or however you spell his name) smitten with the healer. Very good way to slip Matrim in there. That was great.

Hey, while falling asleep last night, it occurred to me that what might potentially happen in this issue with Thornden is that Hilderinc could mention to Coenred that he saw a scout being sent out that morning. Coenred would of course say that there was no scout and Hilderinc would possibly tell him that Thornden knew about the man's departure, and this would probably awaken more misgivings in Coenred, who had some sneaking suspicion earlier that Thornden knew something he wasn't saying (you remember when Thornden and Coenred were talking to Athanar about where to send the search parties? I remembered it last night while trying to think of who all knows a little about Thornden's cover-up and it came back to me that he let something slip and Coenred suspects him of knowing something). It wouldn't take much for Coen to put two and two together, and then he could either confront Thornden on it, or go straight to Athanar. I personally hope he comes to Thornden first, but that would be Dury's call.

Does anyone know where Durelin might be, by the way? I don't think she's been on here for quite some time.

I have to go finish getting ready for work. See ya'll later.

P.S. Oh! And it just came to me - Mnemosyne, what Saeryn wanted to tell Athanar was that Lithor left with Erbrand, too, so they no longer have to wonder if he went somewhere else or what. She didn't know Thornden saw them go.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #2697
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Foley, thanks The ideas sort of came to me randomly and during the course of writing the post, but it was sort of natural... it all originally came simply from that I wanted Įforglaed visit Scyrr, which seemed to imply that he would likely encounter the healer there, then it occured to me that Matrim could be near her... and only then I have realised that it was actually him who was in the original fight with Įforgaled the day before. The course of things which comes unplanned is sometimes even better than if it was planned

As for your idea about Hilderinc telling Coen, I think it's good. You just seem to come up with possibly more and more ways to put Thornden into more and more unpleasant position I can make Hilderinc mention it during the dinner, for example, or after it; I think it would be fitting, since the topic of the unsuccessful hunt for the fugitives will be sort of "on the table".

I am wondering about Dury too. Does anybody know about a way to contact her otherwise? I can, of course, just write a bit about Hilderinc without her and then we could wrap the matter up in some way by Coen addressing Thornden, but it would be probably far better if she can be here to actually decide for Coen herself.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #2698
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
As for your idea about Hilderinc telling Coen, I think it's good. You just seem to come up with possibly more and more ways to put Thornden into more and more unpleasant position I can make Hilderinc mention it during the dinner, for example, or after it; I think it would be fitting, since the topic of the unsuccessful hunt for the fugitives will be sort of "on the table".
Yeah, I'm good at getting myself and my characters into scrapes. I enjoy immense amount of conflict in my stories.

Quote:
I am wondering about Dury too. Does anybody know about a way to contact her otherwise? I can, of course, just write a bit about Hilderinc without her and then we could wrap the matter up in some way by Coen addressing Thornden, but it would be probably far better if she can be here to actually decide for Coen herself.
I sent her a message on facebook, hopefully she'll get that.

-- Foley
Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #2699
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Foley: I'm in the middle of some chaos right now, but made a short post to get things moving. If you can make a reply to my last, then great. I'll post for lord Athanar speaking to the Mead Hall about the day and tomorrow (in game), hopefully tomorrow (RL).

Let's hope Dury is found as well...
Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #2700
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey all. I'm in the midst of a busy semester, and haven't had the energy or interest to really try to stay active or involved in this...I apologize. It always seems to work out that when I do have the time and interest, everyone else (except Foley, who is always around!) is busy. Not that I am ever consistent.....ever....

I've been lurking off-and-on but...it's hard to come back right now... I'm not sure what time I can dedicate until the end of this semester, but I'll see what I can do.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #2701
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I've been lurking off-and-on but...it's hard to come back right now... I'm not sure what time I can dedicate until the end of this semester, but I'll see what I can do.
Dury, if you can't come back right now and don't think you'll be able to participate for a couple months yet (that is, till the end of hte semester), could you possibly tell us how you think your character would act in the ideas and situation that Legate and I talk about in the above posts?

I know what it's like being in the midst of a crazy semester! And don't think I'm always around...heh...a couple weeks ago, I was skipping a week at time. I felt pretty bad about it, but as no one else was posting, I just let it slide.

-- Foley
Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #2702
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Give us some thoughts about Coen, if you have time Dury. And all the best for the semester!

Foley: I just threw you one back as I haphazardly ran into your post at the right time. If you have time, make a line or two (or more of course). I need to get to sleep now and will try to make something more tomorrow in the form of lord Athanar addressing all the people.

Meanwhile, keep up posting anyone who have anything in mind...
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #2703
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Btw. Foley, I hope we share the same idea - that Athanar is speaking with Thornden and Coenred more or less in private here (in the hall but not publicly) - so it's not like everyone's listening... I thought it was that way - but if you thought otherwise...
Old 10-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #2704
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nope, I had the same idea. Like they're standing together in a little knot or something.

I'm off to read the new posts and then likely going to bed. I likely won't have time to post again this evening...but if I do, I'll go ahead and knock something up.

-- Foley

P.S. Yay, Elempi! You're bringing Harreld's brother back in! I liked that fellow. He was quite entertaining.

And I did get a few lines up after all. Have at it, Nogrod.

Last edited by Folwren; 10-20-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #2705
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Elempi, you're committing the same mistake I used to commit. Harreld's twin is named Garreth.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #2706
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey, lovely to see these things going, seems that we are on the move once again Great posts, people... and great to have also different characters on the stage... that's how it's supposed to be
Old 10-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #2707
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Elempi, you're committing the same mistake I used to commit. Harreld's twin is named Garreth.
Lhuna! You're around! Good to "see ya"! I might not have written a little for Ginna if I'd known. Did I do okay on Ginna?

(I'll fix my little Garreth error.)
Old 10-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #2708
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Sorry. It was a more hectic day I had imagined and I only got home around 11PM. I have made Athanar to answer Thornden and send the two back to their seats. I'll write the (hopefully shortish) speech tomorrow. Meanwhile, do post on any issues.

lmp: I'll try to come up with a solution to our background discussion tomorrow. PM'ing you tomorrow as well.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #2709
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, the line in your post about an 'inpassionate old man teaching an young man about passion' cracked me up because Thornden has never struck me as a very passionate young man...so it was just funny that Athanar would ask such a thing. Were Thornden as clueless about that sort of thing as some of the engineer students I know, that whole episode would have gone clear over his head.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #2710
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Lord Athanar has spoken!

If you wonder about the congenial mood I have depicted let me tell you my train of thought...

After all the mixed emotions - and especially with the soldiers, a long day of utterly mix-feeling manhunting - getting food and an ale, and receiving these messages both sides want, combined with the arousal of a common "enemy" - any studies of mass-psychology would tell people would probably react that way. And I left there an opening for anyone disagreeing with the common feel-good -factor to write them doing so.

Also I think that as most people more or less believe lord Eodwine is dead (they don't know "the Creator of lord Eodwine" is back), they also think in the back of their heads that they'll have to get used to this state of affairs and thus this peace-making attitude would sound good in their ears.

Foley & Dury: if there is anything wrong with Thornden and/or Coen, let me know.

lmp: I need to postpone my PM to you for tomorrow, sorry, but it's absolutely too late now to start writing that (3.30am).
Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #2711
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Looks great, Nog! I absolutely agree with what you wrote. I will probably write something regarding closer reactions of the soldiers soon, too...
Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #2712
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Lhuna! You're around! Good to "see ya"! I might not have written a little for Ginna if I'd known. Did I do okay on Ginna?
I was in the area and I thought I'd drop by. It's good to see you back here, too! Imagine my surprise when I saw you post...

You did great. Hard to unlearn old fears, indeed. I have a couple more weeks of freedom before classes resume. Do you want to write a little something for Harreld and Ginna? (Advanced warning: Lhuna is rusty.)
Old 10-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #2713
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lhuna, we'd LOVE it if you wrote something. It'll feel like the whole family is back in one place again.

Nogrod, your post was good. I feel that if we wanted to, we could move on soon. Perhaps we should wait for another word from Durelin, but if we don't hear from her, we can move to the next day.

One problem: I really have no idea who Thornden would choose. I'll have to peruse the list of soldiers that are being played. Any suggestions for anyone? It would be a BAD idea to send Matrim and Aflorgad (or however you spell his name) off together. I actually think that Thornden wouldn't pick Matrim anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #2714
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Foley:

For the sake of putting things in context, if ever, do you mind giving me a quick summary of everything that's happened since Eodwine and Saeryn got married? The only things I picked up from my browsing are that Eodwine got sick and is now in the Houses of Healing, Athanar's the new eorl, and Erbrand (joined by Lithor) fled when he (accidentally?) killed one of his men. I'm sure I missed a lot of important stuff.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #2715
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I have a couple more weeks of freedom before classes resume. Do you want to write a little something for Harreld and Ginna? (Advanced warning: Lhuna is rusty.)
Go for it, rusty or not! I like it better when you write for Ginna instead of me.

Edit: Lhuna, would you like me to change my posts a little bit, or do you want to add something to it? Feel free to tell me, or PM a change, or however you want to handle it... Also, didn't Harreld and Ginna become betrothed the day of Eodwine and Saeryn's wedding? I s'pose we had better think about that, as well as timing for a marriage if that's what will happen? And Ginna's father is not likely to warm to it either, come to think of it....

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #2716
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Foley:

For the sake of putting things in context, if ever, do you mind giving me a quick summary of everything that's happened since Eodwine and Saeryn got married? The only things I picked up from my browsing are that Eodwine got sick and is now in the Houses of Healing, Athanar's the new eorl, and Erbrand (joined by Lithor) fled when he (accidentally?) killed one of his men. I'm sure I missed a lot of important stuff.
He didn't kill him, but he thought he killed him, and he fled. It was an unfortunate set of coincidences, basically leading the men to start fighting each other when nobody else was around. The man (certain soldier called Scyrr) is now being cared of by the healer (he was badly wounded, but not dead). The next step (and the main reason why Athanar came anyway) is to deal with the local landlords who seemed not to be very keen on the eorl-less Mead Hall sticking its nose into their private "realms". Otherwise, I think you have listed the rest correctly. I don't know much anything about pre-Athanar events, so perhaps somebody else can tell you, although I assume there wasn't much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
One problem: I really have no idea who Thornden would choose. I'll have to peruse the list of soldiers that are being played. Any suggestions for anyone? It would be a BAD idea to send Matrim and Aflorgad (or however you spell his name) off together. I actually think that Thornden wouldn't pick Matrim anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
But wouldn't that be hilarious if Įforglaed (that's the name ) went with Matrim? But no, I think it can be anybody. But if we plan to write for these two fellows as well, then it would be nice if the other one was somebody's specific character, so that there can be some nice dialogue on the way. Or we just treat it as NPC-trip and say "well, they went there and came back".
Old 10-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #2717
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
But wouldn't that be hilarious if Įforglaed (that's the name ) went with Matrim? But no, I think it can be anybody. But if we plan to write for these two fellows as well, then it would be nice if the other one was somebody's specific character, so that there can be some nice dialogue on the way. Or we just treat it as NPC-trip and say "well, they went there and came back".
I think it depends wholly on that latter question. If someone wants to write for the trip - together, or alone with an NPC - then we should choose it thus. If we want to just tell they went there and came back, then it could be any two NPC-soldiers (preferably not someone we like to write about and could thus be used with the others meeting the lords).

So anyone willing to write about the trip?

And hey Foley, lord Athanar actually meant what he said; that he'd like to see two people chosen who have strongly opposing views. That is the whole point. He will send a letter to king Eomer about the fugitives, but he will also add that Eomer should ask the messengers about why what happened did happen... (and he's not going to tell the messengers that the king will be asking their views on the matter)

So he's telling the king how things are without whining about his troubles himself.

And thinking of two soldiers on a mission - even if totally on different POV, or even in hate or anger - they just would need to see the task done and to come back without killing each other, unless they wished to share the fate of Lithor... So yes, lord Athanar is quite confident nothing bad will happen between the two.

On other issues...

Great to see you Lhuna! And I like lmp's Harreld, the way he takes the issue.

Abour changing the day:

I'd like to write a short post after we decide on the messengers, but that is not a must. I can write it also as a view back in the morning - like Athanar thinking about the last night when he sent the messengers, or anything.

If you Lhuna wish to put something in for the late evening, please do. And naturally everyone else.

Should we say that we'd start the next day on Monday (RL)? Before that everyone is free to make posts for the evening or night. Also, as I'm not sure about my Monday scheduals (it can be either a relaxed day or a hectic one), then I'd say that anyone coming to the thread on Monday (his or her timezone) could open the new day. What do you think?

And if that is okay, then let's try to decide on the messengers before Monday...

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-23-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #2718
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lhuna, here is the timeline I put up after Elempi came back:

August 9, Saery and Eodwine married.
October 9th, Eodwine falls ill.
October 10th, the three significant lords of the Middle Emnet come to Scarburg. They refuse to recognize Saeryn's and Thornden's authority and don't pay taxes, but offer to give a gift so they can survive the next month...how kind.
November 10, Degas comes back into town. (Post 506)
November 11, Lord Athanar and his entourage comes to Scarburg. (post 509)

On November 12, Erbrand gets into a fight with Scyrr, thinks he kills him (but doesn't quite) and flees. Lithor meets him on his way out and decides to go with him, and so deserts. The rest of the day was spent looking for them, and now that they haven't been found, Athanar is sending word to King Eomer and in the mean time, is going to go and deal with the stiff-necked landlords.

Is that too brief? I can put more detail to things if you want, but I think it's pretty clear cut. Except, what's not so clear, is that people really clashed that first day that Athanar arrived. Two fights broke out, one between Matrim and Aforglead and one between Javan and Aedre (Lord Athanar's daughter), Saeryn was ousted from her place of lady of the hall by Athanar's wife Wynflaed, Athanar proclaimed his eorlship by providing a paper showing the king's decree, and Lithor managed to insult Athanar by a comic speech that Athanar did not approve of. So, yeah, that day of their arrival was really busy and didn't work out too smoothly.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #2719
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I'd rather not put a time line on when we start the new day. We'll see if we're ready by Monday, but if not, I'd say we shouldn't rush it. But that's just my opinion and there are a lot of other players here now.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #2720
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
When we're ready to move on to the next day, I've got a little something for Wynflaed drummed up so that I can cover what happened for the rest of this day from her POV. I think it'd make for a good transition, but I'd rather not post it until we're ready to move on.