The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #401
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
The latter hadn't done anything to trip the radar until he seemed to get unnerved by Greenie. Why would an innocent not give her some room?
What I am wondering is what a wizard would gain from her being voted for now. There was no indication that other people were likely to vote for her toDay, but I can only assume his vote was a genuine attempt, whether he's innocent or guilty.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #402
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Rikae (3) I'm torn with: it's not the first time she would have pulled this kind of a show when guilty. And there are god reasons to believe she's a Wizard. Then again, there are other explanations (Boro (1) fex.?)

Morsul (2) could be the easy pick because of the way he posts. Which fdoesn't mean he couldn't be a wizard.

I doubt Nerwen (1) is a Wizard. Or Greenie (1).

Have suspicion on Brinn but haven't had time to just pin it down...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #403
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Question about the Rikae debacle: has she actually quit? 'Cause if she has we're down another player assuming Bane is modkilled toDay. And if she has quit when will her death occur.
I don't think she's actually quit; she just assumed she'll be lynched.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #404
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
OK I'm back. First off, a warning - my 'Downs seems to have developed a habit of crashing every five minutes or so.

Very quickly now, since a quick reread made me feel better about both McCaber and Morsul, a part of why Boro looks the worst to me.

First off, an hour into the Day he's posting huge, well thought out analyses he could not have managed in that time unless he wrote them already before the Da started, which implies certainty of survival such as an innocent would not have unless arrogant.
Secondly, he keeps blaming others of hypocrisy while being just as hypocritical himself, casually discarding the idea.
Thirdly, his fixation on me is worrying. He is suddenly too certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
No one rage-quitting, please...no one. Calm down. Both sides seem to be misinterpretting what the others are saying, and it doesn't help when you go after it as "my words are getting twisted etc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro, some hours earlier
For instance in #92, she says she’s inclined to think between the Gil and Nerwen battle both are innocent. I’ve used this tactic many many times as a wolf.
--
I suppose it’s possible, because Pom would likely act a different baddie than myself, but I saw #92 and chuckled with the hindsight bias of finding out Pom’s guilt and I’ve used the same tactic before to look all smart and reasonable. “These two knuckleheads arguing are probably both innocent.” And if one winds up getting the other lynched, just an easy tactic to make it look like you've made a wise, substantial point about something.
Sorry, mate. Not smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
If ya'll don't trust my findings and decide I'm suspicious enough to lynch, so be it. I'd like it remembered when I'm revealed innocent Greenie has twice given veil hints to knowing there's something rotten about me, but has withheld her reasons both times.
We don't need a fourth martyr here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
I'm also very curious about the kerfuffle between him and Greenie toDay.
The thing is, he's been kerwuffling on his own until now.

EDIT: x-ed with a host
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #405
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If Rikae is the purseholder this is what she wants...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #406
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Question about the Rikae debacle: has she actually quit? 'Cause if she has we're down another player assuming Bane is modkilled toDay. And if she has quit when will her death occur. ToNight? ToMorrow's end of Day?
Rikae, as far as I am aware, did nothing that would equal quitting.

Bane will be modfired at the end of toDay (unless he shows in 10 minutes and votes).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #407
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm currently considering Morsul or Boro as things are getting late. But with the latter, I hate the idea of voting for Boro after someone I suspect as much as Gil has encouraged voted for him.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #408
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
I'm currently considering Morsul or Boro as things are getting late. But with the latter, I hate the idea of voting for Boro after someone I suspect as much as Gil has encouraged voted for him.
Yeah Gil worries me, but I'm also worried about spreading out the votes too much.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #409
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Oh first sally as you're here could you pretty please do a vote count post? I'm running behind.
On it.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #410
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

++Morsul
Old 01-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #411
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Anyone else for Boro? I will vote Morsul over Rikae if it comes to that but would prefer Boro.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #412
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I think I concur.

++Gil

His voting is highly suspect, and he could tell us much about others, maybe.

Someone join me so this vote is not for nothing.

x/d with all since # 407
Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #413
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Torn between voting for Rikae to have her way or to try Boro (who fits both the idea the Wizards thought Volo the seer and looks suspicious toDay - and might be lynched...)

EDIT: X'd with a lot...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #414
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I'll be cannon fodder toMorrow if he dies and turns out innocent, but I'm willing to take that risk.

++ Boro
Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #415
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++ Boro

Here we go and hopefully see more toMorrow...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #416
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Boromir
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #417
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, kind of out of time. Read but no wiser.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #418
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Slow!Sally is slow. Sorry, Kath. >.<
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #419
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just got back. Boro and not me? Well, I haven't literally quit, so I'll be around tomorrow if I'm not dead, and try to do something helpful for a change. Haven't had time to read anything but the last few posts. Yep, I really just got back at this minute, oddly enough.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #420
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Inzil, I would've preferred lynching Gil, but spreading out the votes seemed risky and I don't think enough suspected him for him to be lynched toDay.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #421
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++ MORSUL

Didn't like the 'innocent Cab' thing yesterDay. Explanations weren't great. Hypothetical could easily be cover for slip up.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #422
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Slow!sally is as bad as out of time!Kath. No idea what that vote did!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #423
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE.

Stop posting. Boro is lynched. Narration to follow shortly.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #424
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Day 3 morning

After the discovery of the mysterious letter in Vol's pocket, much of the night was spent by discussing its contents. The trolls had to take turn in attempts to read it for the others, since neither of the troll knew all the letters. Bane, who could not read at all, soon became bored. He excused himself (actually, he just walked out of the cave, since trolls are not big for excuses) and went off hunting. Similarly bored, Shaz had fallen asleep again.

Rick had been reading Vol's note for already who-knows-manieth time, when some of the trolls finally were able to focus their brains on something else than just the different letters.

"I wonder how comes Rick can read so well," Nog observed.
"Lumme, if I knows!" said Rick, looking up from the note.
"What if she's a wizzer?" Nerve suggested.
"If I am a wizzer?" Rick asked inattentively.
"She said 'I am a wizzer!'" Mors yelled. "She's a wizzer!"
"I was jus' repeatin' what you said," Rick retorted. "You lot said if I'm a wizzer..."
"Again!" shouted Nerve. "She said it again!"
"It's pretty strange," Bore chimed in, "tha' she says 'I'm a wizzer'..."
"Bore's a wizzer!" shouted Gil. "He jus' said it!"
"Wha', did I say I'm a wizzer?" asked Bore, confused.
"'e said it again!" shouted Green. "Let's get 'im!"
Before Bore could react, Nog and Brin caught him by the arms and pinned him to the wall.
"Wha' are you gonna do with me?" Bore yelled.
"Hey, righ', what should we do with 'im?" Lad asked.
"I'm hungry again," said Kat. "What if we roasted him?"

Everyone seemed to like the idea, since the trolls are almost always thinking about food, unless they are trying to concentrate on something else very hard, like reading. They began gathering fuel and started bringing it into the cave. They left Bore in front of the cave, tied by several very thick ropes so that he won't escape. The gathering of fuel took pretty long, because the trolls needed a big fire to roast Bore.

"Hey, careful," Sal suddenly said, noticing light glow in the east. "The sun will get up soon." She was right, the trolls had spent most of the night by trying to read the letters in Vol's note one by one, then again long time discovering what it meant, and then again long time gathering wood.

"Everyone inside!" Lad yelled in fear. Forgetting about everything in the view of the dreaded daylight coming soon, the trolls all ran into the cave.
"Where's Bane?" Cop asked suddenly.
"'e went a-'untin'," said Cab.
"But he's really bad in findin' his way," said Lot.
"He won't make it," Brin added.

He didn't. And neither did Bore, who in the general confusion was left in front of the cave, in plain daylight, which soon came streaming onto the mountain slopes. Bore cried in pain, then stopped still, and remained still forever, turned into stone.

Somewhere on the edge of the forest, not that far from the cave, but too late to return home from his hunt, stood Bane, also turned into a boulder he always had been.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"

~*~

Night 4 starts. Wizzers, start talking. Clever Troll, Insomniac, Purse-troll, send us your picks. Others, sleep.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #425
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Darkness covers the land once again and Day4 starts

By now, dear readers, you must be familiar with how this story goes. The trolls go to sleep as the sun rises, and the wizards go out and enjoy the daylight and the birdsong. They speak words that sound wise, they argue and in the end, they decide which one of the trolls they find the most menacing.

Then they creep back to the troll cave and one of them says something - usually something quite obvious - such as: "Okay, let's kill this one."
"But how?" someone asks, because wizards enjoy listening to their own voices, and those of their intelligent fellows.

So this day, one of the wizards pointed out: "See the sleeping bag she is using as her blanket?"
"Stolen from some poor traveler, no doubt," spat the second one. "It's barely large enough to cover her belly. Maybe it once belonged to some merchant or a merry elf who met a dreadful fate."
"A precious work, it must have been, before this beast dirtied it," opined the third. "Look at those finely shaped silver studs that were used to hold it together."
"Exactly," interjected the first wizard with a grim smile. "Watch."

He stepped closer, raised his staff and began to sing in a deep, quiet voice. First, nothing happened, but then, as if by a stir of the wind, the blanket - or actually, the sleeping bag - shifted, and then slid upwards, and wrapped itself tight around the troll's chest and throat like a strangling snake. The wizard clapped his hands, and as if commanded, the studs clicked into their places and the sleeping bag squeezed the troll, her chest and her throat pressed to the point that the sleeping bag would have burst, had it not been held together by an invisible force. The troll was now awake, her bulging eyes popping out, but she could not make a sound, not even gasp for air. She struggled in vain, the studs held, as the sleeping bag continued squeezing her, and at last, she stopped struggling and became still.

"That's done," the wizard smiled and turned to his fellows.
"How impressive," the second one nodded.
"How did you come by this idea?" asked the third.
"I once gave a friend a set of magical studs that fastened and never came unfastened until commanded," the first said. "But this troll would never have had the chance to unfasten those."

The wizards walked back into the shadows, sniggering under their beards.

When they woke up in the evening, the rest of the trolls found Brin's body. They searched the corner in which she slept. Hidden underneath her straw bedding, they found a small slab of flat stone, inscribed with complicated geographic data, philosophical thoughts and mathematical operations:

"Cave haz entrance."

"I am. Hungry."

"1+1=2"

There could be no doubt - Brin had been the Clever Troll.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", the Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", an Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3
Brinniel, "Brin", the Clever Troll, strangled to death with the assistance of magical studs on Night4

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"

~*~

Day 4 has started. No PMing anymore, but discussion is welcome on this thread instead.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-28-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #426
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

White Tree

Well, this is bad...

Better go and look for hints from Brin, then.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #427
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ouch.

Well, obviously Brinn's vote yesterNight should have been no cause for alarm for the Wizards. Figuring out what they saw with her should be a priority.

x/d with Cop
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #428
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

^ I must have clicked on one of the icon things on the reply page by accident, because there's a tree icon on my post there. Don't bother trying to read anything into it, since I didn't mean to put it there.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #429
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh no. Man, gonna have to go back and analyze Brinn in a minute. I also want to look closely at the Boro-wagon. Just some initial thoughts before I do:

I was feeling very bad about Nerwen yesterday because she was really twisting my words - when I said so, she went and did it again even more blatantly. I'll go and find it again, however, I also have to remember not to suspect people for not making sense, something I've regretted doing in the past. We'll see.

Greenie has been making me uneasy all along, and I'd like to look more closely at her, too.

Back in a few with something more substantial.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #430
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
^ I must have clicked on one of the icon things on the reply page by accident, because there's a tree icon on my post there. Don't bother trying to read anything into it, since I didn't mean to put it there.
You're secretly an ally of Gondor! But the wizards already killed the cobbler, so I guess that means you're super secretly a wizard!

But seriously, losing a seer this early sucks. Now I have do back and perform an analysis of what Brinn might have thought and what the wizards saw in her. Let's hope she saw something useful, and not that say Boro was innocent and no one believed her. Anyway, I'll be back with hopefully a better picture of her than the normal reads I got over the rest of the game.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #431
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Brinniel, the only clever troll among us...

Day 1

#63 - votes Nerwen.
- feels good about Rikae
- doesn't like my vote
- lets Morsul's Kath suspicion go for now
- doesn't like Sally's banter, "but then again it is Sally".
- reasoning for Nerwen vote is "While I don't feel terribly confident in my vote, she has displayed the most suspicious behavior to me so far."

Based on that, she might have dreamed of Rikae on Night 1. Might have dreamed of Nerwen, but she said she wasn't terribly confident in her vote, so probably didn't.

Day 2

#178 - looks at Nerwen's scenarios for Pom's Day 1 motivation, and thinks the innocent-McCaber option is most likely. Guilty McCaber option is "is possible, but I don't find it very likely".

Hard to say from this whether she dreamed of McCaber. This is also phrased in uncertain terms. Perhaps there is something more concrete later.

#179 - doesn't think wolf-on-wolf votes are likely. Thinks if so would have been one of the earlier voters, and that Sally and Shasta would have had "to be very bold to throw a packmate under the bus like that so early in the game".

#187 - gives her impressions!

Nerwen - Likes her contribution that Day so far. (Indication that she dreamed of her?)
Morsul - thinks his actions are his playing style and that that tells us nothing of his role. (Definitely won't have dreamed of him.)
Sally - her vote for Pom makes her think she's innocent. (Might have dreamed of her, but I doubt it.)
McCaber - leaning towards him being more innocent than not, because of Pom's comment. She didn't find his vote very suspicious. (So, might have dreamed of him, but there's nothing clear.)
Gil - says that like Morsul, his playing style looks suspicious regardless of role.
Inzil - "his behavior doesn't strike me as suspicious". (Probably didn't dream of him.)
Nogrod - "I'm not sure about Nogrod, but he's definitely one to watch." (Might have been planning to dream of him? Or might have already?)
Rikae - she has all sorts of positive things to say about Rikae. I think she probably dreamed of her on Night 1.
Volo - "A bit suspicious".
Boromir - So far, sees no reason to suspect him. (But she obviously didn't dream of him.)
Copper - thinks I'm looking more likely to be innocent based on Pom's vote. (But I doubt she'd have bothered to dream of me.)
Oz - is suspicious of him. But we know she didn't dream of him.
Lottie - "I don't see anything suspicious in her posts and her vote makes her look even less suspicious. I'm leaning towards probably innocent.". (Might have dreamed of her?)
Bane: - didn't say much.
Greenie: - "So far, I'm thinking she looks more on the innocent side." based on her vote and interactions. (Dreamed of her? I'd guess not, but she might have.)
Kath: - didn't say much.
Shasta - his vote "makes it seem unlikely that he isn't innocent". (Could be a dream? But I doubt it.)

None of that except the Rikae thing stands out, and even that could plausibly be based on non-clever-trolliness. If she stays positive about Rikae, she probably did dream her on Night 1.

#199 - thinks that the Cobbler-Nog theory is good. So she probably didn't dream of him?

I'll just quote her next list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Looking Innocentish
Sally
Rikae
Copper
Greenie
Shasta

Feeling Okay About
McCaber
Inzil
Loslote

Not Sure
Nerwen
Morsul
Gil
Boromir
Kath

Will Keep an Eye On
Nogrod
Bane

Looking Suspicious
Volo
Oz
Her looking suspicious list there...might indicate that she dreamed of Volo, but I'd guess not. This is hard. I can see why the wolves didn't peg her as the clever troll earlier. So, maybe the key is somewhere in Day 3.

#178 - comments on Oz and Morsul. Might be defending Morsul?

#212 - something Nog says makes her think better of him as it sounds like "typical Nog". Of Nerwen, says that "I certainly don't trust Nerwen, though at this point I no longer find her all that suspicious. Which is why I placed her in my "Not Sure" category.".

That's hard to interpret. Could indicate that she dreamed of her, but might not.

- votes Volo.

And that's the end of Day 2 for Brin. I'll probably come back in a while to look at Day 3.

Conclusions so far: I think she dreamed of Rikae Night 1, but I'm really not sure about who it might be on Night 2.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #432
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Brinnalysis; or, The Seer Is Seen
Post 51: says banter is overrated. Mentions no names.
Post 53: says me, Pom, and Morsul look better for making good posts.
Post 67: Rikae looks good, CM, Sally, and Nerwen looks bad. Votes Nerwen.
Post 178: says me and CM were most likely innocent.
Post 179: says wolf-on-wolf voted were unlikely on day 1, and calls out Sally and Shasta especially.
Post 187: a big list. Likes: me, Morsul, Nerwen, Sally, Rikae, Inzil, Gil, Boro, Lottie, Greenie, CM, Shasta. Dislikes: Volo, Oz, and Nogrod . Whole lot of noise, not enough signal. Her opinions haven't really changed about anyone since day 1.
Post 199: says Nog might be the cobbler. False.
Post 203: list of everyone. Still no real changes. Nog is her #1 suspect still alive now.
Post 207: doesn't know what to think of Morsul.
Post 212: Nog looks better, Nerwen is still an unknown.
Post 213: votes Volo. So far it looks like he might have been one of her dreams.
Post 290: surprise that Volo got nightkilled. Yeah, that comes close to confirming that hypothesis for me. Says there might be a wizard who voted for Pom, but no names.
Post 295: clarification - either Shasta or Sally.
Post 296: Morsul looks non-suspicious.
Post 304: More vindication of Morsul.
Post 305: Rikae sounds innocent, Nerwen sounds suspicious.
Post 324: Rikae still looks innocent.
Post 353: Nerwen looks fishy, but she stresses that she doesn't know.
Post 358: tells off Morsul.

Edited To Add:
Posts 359 and 362: nothing new.
Post 369: starts suspecting Gil.
Post 371: sill worried about Nog.
Post 373: more about wizard motivations.
Post 381: says Gil and Nogrod are her top suspects.
Post 393: could vote Boro.
Post 403: on Rikae.
Post 408: worried by Gil, but wants to make a lynch count.
Post 416: votes Boro.

And that's all she wrote.

Last edited by McCaber; 01-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #433
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Conclusions so far: I think she dreamed of Rikae Night 1, but I'm really not sure about who it might be on Night 2.
I'm pretty sure Rikae got dreamed of at some point. Otherwise, I'm not sure she would have defended her so passionately yesterday otherwise.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #434
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well stinks about Brinn. Sort of confused about the sudden Boro wagon at the end of yesterday.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #435
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Going through everything from the beginningwith an eye to all the now-known roles.Commenting as I read, so my opinions evolve through the post.

Day 1

First off, wow, I didn't notice this from Loslote on day 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
An' what's Kat doin' singin' 'bout Wizers of Oz? She sayin' Oz is a Wizer? You know sommut we don'?
Yeah, this is still in the banter zone, but even so, how is that a good thing for an innocent to say? I thought the same thing but didn't mention it until I no longer thought so! A wizard might say it, though, hoping to get people interested in an Oz lynch.

I keep thinking about the ranger save on night two, and how someone must have done something in day one that would have looked seerish to both the wizard and the ranger. Yes, I think they were going for the seer then, because the odds of a ranger save are so low by chance alone -there must be something. Mind you, I'm not trying to out the ranger! Shut up, ranger.
I am not sure, though, whether the seer had a dream before day 1. I assume so because we started with a night phase, but maybe a mod can clear that up?
It kind of looks as though Morsul and Pom are trying to interact with each other a little bit. He says he always suspects her, she asks if that means he will now, he says no, he doesn't want to have tunnel vision, and later says that her suggestion (pro-banter) is good. Looks like he's maybe trying to excuse himself from ignoring her preemptively. I could be reading too much into this, though.

Weirdly, in #29 McCaber says Inzil "defended" Pom, when actually Inzil was kind of doing the opposite, saying Pom didn't make a good suggestion but just a standard day 1 statement. Probably an honest mistake on Cab's part although it jumped out at me as weird even at the time. Defends, really? Why did Cab think Pom was under attack in the first place? It's weird.

Sally is bantering up a storm and really, really under the radar. In fact, I keep forgetting she's in this game, which isn't the usual case with her. As a matter of fact, there is half a page of banter between Sally, Nerwen and Copper. Don't get me wrong, it's funny banter! However, Brinn puts a stop to it and talks about hating day 1 and baddies using banter as a distraction.

Brinn says I "seem the most genuine" (something I thought a little odd at the time because I hadn't done anything but banter myself) and that Pom "seems okay as well, for now". The "for now" is seerish in retrospect, at least. I suppose I wouldn't have been an unlikely night 1 dream. Brinn also criticizes Copper's and Morsul's votes, but votes for Nerwen, saying "I don't feel terribly confident in my vote" and emphasizing that it is "weak reasoning". Because of this I'm inclined to think she hadn't dreamed of Nerwen at that point and wanted to emphasize that for someone reading after her death. A badly reasoned vote for a known wiz would have been seer suicide, after all.

Gil votes for Nerwen claiming not to want to add another name, and they argue about it for another half a page. Gil's reasoning was strange there.

Pom says
Quote:
Nerwen vs Gil-galad. I'm not inclined to think either of them Wizers based on this dispute. Ner jumps, but reasonably, not only because of a vote for her but because of a very strangely cast vote. And despite saying that, as well as the fact that some of Gil's explanations do indeed seem forged (coming way after the vote and slowly developing more and more elaborate), the paranoia seems more like something a typical first-day-lynch innocent would be like, rather than a Wizard. It is creating discussion and pulling attention towards him. For that, and for the sake of him, after all, being a typical first-day lynch, I'd be willing to give him a pass for the day."
Unfortunately I could see a wolf saying this about any two people of any roles in such an argument. A good way to win innocents' trust as well as defend a fellow without it standing out.

In #99 Pom defends Nerwen again, from Brinn. Would she be so obvious in defending her if Nerwen was evil? I doubt it.

Sally points out Pom's "Keep an eye on people going for Cop I'd say.", and Inzil agrees that it's "odd".

Greenie comes in, agrees with a bunch of people, and then says of Pom "The girl's got some nerve saying this right after voting Cop herself. "
Hmm.

Lottie says:
Quote:
Pom feels like she's trying to be reasonable and agreeable while actually being nothing of the sort, which makes me raise my eyebrows a bit. I'd have to say she's my top suspect right now.
Again, would a baddie at this point? Would a Lottie-baddie particularly? Maybe.

Volo says:
[quoteBrin #67 How come is Rikae genuine. All she's done is troll around cheerfully and preach that banter is useless and banter about banter more so (which is a helpful observation, but only by so much). Brin #67 How come is Rikae genuine. All she's done is troll around cheerfully and preach that banter is useless and banter about banter more so (which is a helpful observation, but only by so much). [/quote]

Now I think he's picked up on seerishness and pointing it out to the wolves, but again I may be reading too much into this.

Inzil votes for Pom, but Cab looks more likely to be lynched at this point. Lottie gives her the second vote, making Lottie look somewhat better to me. Sally ties Pom with Cab, making her look much better. Voting for a baddie isn't always so innocent-looking, but at this point there was a Cab wagon with very similar reasoning behind it that a wolf could have easily chosen.

And of course Shasta decided the lynch. Why, in fact, is he still alive? Come to think of it, eliminating someone so innocent looking (and known for being psychic) would have been a good choice, which (along with the ranger save) does lean toward them thinking they had found the seer instead.

Day 2:

Jumping right to Brinn. She says, out of Nerwen's options, t is most likely [quote=Nerwen]
[4]McCaber is innocent and Pom saw a chance to have it both ways, setting up a second line of suspicion against the other Cop voters. (Without really thinking it through.)[quote]
Although she also says #3, McCaber is guilty is possible but not very likely. She also says she doesn't think Sally and Shasta are wolf-on-wolf voters.

None of these really seems like a dream hint, except maybe the McCaber thing. I suppose it's possible she dreamed of Cab and found him innocent.

Brinn then looks at everyone in #187. She doesn't pick anyone out as particularly guilty, and Oz is the only one she outright refers to as "suspicious". It looks like she had only dreamed of innocents.

This sounds very seerish from Brinn and the wolves might have thought so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
In my previous post, I forgot to keep the cobbler in consideration. Anyone could be the cobbler and their vote and/or a baddie's opinion of them doesn't put them in the clear for that role. But I'm not going to worry much about that possibility since the cobbler isn't the easiest to identify, especially if they inadvertently help the village. And the cobbler counts as an ordo;
In #203 Brinn doesn't appear to be singling anyone out, and McCaber isn't on her most innocent list.

Day 3:

Not going to say much now because I have to go make dinner, but Brinn is now defending Morsul, and says:
Quote:
Most votes went to Oz and Morsul. I wondering if maybe both these candidates were innocent. While I'm still not sure about Morsul, he hasn't struck me as particularly suspicious. I need to take a bit of a break, but I'll look more closely at yesterDay's events later.
I would think she dreamt of him, but for the "still not sure". She also defends me. She suggests that one of Sally and Shasta may be a baddie, and this is why they weren't killed. She analyzes Gil (#369) and says she's worried about Nogrod. In #376 she lists everyone again, but nothing looks like a hint to me! Perhaps she found the ranger or hunter and wants to conceal that? I don't think she found any wizard, but if she did it would be Gil, since her case against him kind of comes out of the blue. That would also explain her death, if it wasn't from general seerishness.

Ai! I wasn't here for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
I am afraid I am going to have to trust Green here that she might be the seer, and with Bore getting suspicions since day one, I am following my gut here.

++Boromir88
Talking openly about the seer, instrumental in the Boro lynch, and the seer focused on him. Gil is going to the top of my suspect list.

And then Brinn says at the end of the day:
Quote:
Inzil, I would've preferred lynching Gil, but spreading out the votes seemed risky and I don't think enough suspected him for him to be lynched toDay.
Ok, now I think she dreamed of him.

EDIT: X'd with everyone since my last post.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #436
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Brin Day 3.

#290 - Surprised about Volo being killed. Thought he looked suspicious, but that his posts didn't stand out as Seerish.

#295 - Considers possibility of one of Sally and Shasta being a wizard, talks about how the Volo kill might be misdirection.

#296 - "While I'm still not sure about Morsul, he hasn't struck me as particularly suspicious."

So, if she dreamed of him, he was probably innocent. But it's hard to tell if she did dream of him.

#304 - defends Morsul, thinks he's not necessarily displaying wizard behaviour.

#305 - thinks Rikae's behaviour is frustrated-innocent-Rikae behaviour. Is suspicious of Nerwen for jumping on that. (So she probably didn't dream of Nerwen?)

#324 - more defence of Rikae. It's clear she must have dreamed of her.

#353 -
Quote:
I'm not sure what to think of Nerwen. I really don't like how she's acting toward Rikae, yet I've seen many times two players going at it both end up innocent. And the wizards will just eat that up because if one gets lynched and is revealed innocent, the other can be set up as a prime lynch candidate the following Day.
We probably need to be examine Nerwen carefully. My impression is that Brin probably hadn't dreamed of her before, and that chances are she would have dreamed of her this Night if she hadn't been killed.

What do you think, is it possible she'd already dreamed of Nerwen?

#362 - Wonders if Shasta might get a free pass. I'd guess from this that she hadn't dreamed of him.

#369 - A post full of suspicions of Gil, although phrased quite mildly.

Quote:
I recall seeing this behavior from both an evil and innocent Gil. And I do wonder if perhaps a Gil-wolf may be relying on this behavior to appear as a frustrated ordinary innocent.

That and his inconsistency in suspicion has me worried about him. I did see that he posted that he might not participate much toDay. I do hope he shows up before deadline though, because I'd like to hear from him.
#371 - Is also worried about Nogrod. I agree with her conclusions.

Quote:
Not worried about
Rikae: Just looks like a frustrated ordo.
Copper: As already stated, I'm still thinking that Pom's vote was probably not wolf-on-wolf.
Greenie: I'm feeling good about her posts toDay. They seem well thought-out and logical enough.
Shasta: Hope he shows up toMorrow.
Inzil: His Day 1 vote makes him look more innocent and he hasn't said anything to change my opinion of that.
Loslote: Already was leaning innocent because of her Day 1 vote, plus I like what she's said toDay and agree with a lot of it.
Bane: Will probably be modfired.
Sally: I suppose there's always the possibility she's a very sneaky wizard who threw her mate under the bus, but I see no reason to suspect her.
Boromir: Still not sure about him, but I like what he's said toDay.
Nerwen: Like Rikae, looks more like a frustrated innocent.

Not sure what to think

Morsul: His behavior never fails to confuse me. I'm slightly leaning toward innocent, but still feeling uncertain.
McCaber: I don't know. Pom trying to place focus on him makes him look better, but I'm still at a question mark.
Kath: I didn't like her vote yesterDay; she seemed to simply echo others' comments. But she was a bit behind, so that might be part of it.

Worried about (for reasons already stated)
Gil
Nogrod
That makes it quite clear that she hadn't dreamed of several people. We already know she must have dreamed of Rikae, but aside from her she might have dreamed of Lottie, Greenie, or Nerwen. Probably didn't dream of McCaber or Morsul after all. In fact, I'm sure she didn't dream of Morsul, based on her next post.

#387-
Quote:
Gil and Nogrod would be my top choices. I'd rather not vote Morsul, but if it came between him and Rikae, I would choose Morsul.
So I don't think she dreamed of Morsul, but it looks like Gil or Nog-lynchin' time. Probably Gil, because it looks as if she dreamed of him and it's not so clear whether she dreamed of Nog.

#408 -
Quote:
Yeah Gil worries me, but I'm also worried about spreading out the votes too much.
#420 -
Quote:
Yep, looks like we're lynching Gil toDay. I was already planning on voting for him (after kicking myself for my vote yesterDay), but this just sets that in diamond. We could discuss Gil more, but the time could probably be better used on working out the identities of the other wizards.

Anyway. Gil, have you got any defence?

And Greenie, presumably your reasons from yesterDay weren't the only ones you had for suspecting Boro. Could you tell us now about what the rest was?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #437
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

On the assumption that Gil really is a wizard:

- There's a chance that, given Gil's apparent usual playing style, they will have thought right from the start that there was a good risk of him being lynched for that. Accordingly, they probably took some extra care when talking about him, and would have been ready in advance to bus him. I think that's something we should bear in mind when looking back on previous Days.

- So, they certainly wouldn't defend him toDay. And Gil might not even bother to show up. All these things will limit the information available to us.

- We can best use the day in looking for the other wizards. To stay quiet and to allow the wizards to stay quiet is to lose the opportunity to gather more info.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #438
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay. It looks like Rikae must be innocent, and Rikae, I'm sorry I suspected you. However, I did believe you needed looking at, and I countered your arguments because I thought they were really strange and didn't make sense. And the fact is, I have seen you behave that way as a wolf. Okay?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #439
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Here's my worry.

If Gil is nota wizard that means they've got two easy lynches to pull out at a critical time.

Both I and him seem to be easy to throw suspicion at. I don't play with him often, some things he says are odd, but I Think I understand.

I know why I come under fire. Because I say every idea that comes into mind while posting I don't care whether or not it'll sound suspicious, if someone wishes they can twist what is said anyway. which leads to "sloppy" posts sometimes.

I think I have to look into some people really going after me and Gil It's easy to suspect us, so those voters might be throwing suspicion thus looking helpful without actually accomplishing much.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #440
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

So people are leaning toward Gil being the main suspect?
I've thought he looked dodgy anyway, hence my vote yesterNight. I have to wonder why they didn't choose me instead of Brinn though, unless they took a chance that I was too careless in my suspicions to be a Seer.

Quote:
On the assumption that Gil really is a wizard:

- There's a chance that, given Gil's apparent usual playing style, they will have thought right from the start that there was a good risk of him being lynched for that. Accordingly, they probably took some extra care when talking about him, and would have been ready in advance to bus him. I think that's something we should bear in mind when looking back on previous Days.

- So, they certainly wouldn't defend him toDay. And Gil might not even bother to show up. All these things will limit the information available to us.
You seem rather sure of how things with Gil have and will play out.