The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2002, 04:24 PM   #1
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting LOTR in Get Fuzzy

Did anyone see the "Get Fuzzy" comic in the newspapers? There's a little parody going on there! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 04:40 PM   #2
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

Yeah, I love that strip! The author of "Heart in the City" also did one, when FotR was coming out.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The paper I get doesn't have either of those strips, but I remember when LotR was being filmed, Fox Trot had a story line going where the kid (I forget his name) kept trying to get into auditions to be a hobbit or dwarf or something (I can't really remember, it was a while ago [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]).
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:25 PM   #4
Shanna
Pile O'Bones

Shanna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Shanna
Sting

Uh...Get Fuzzy isn't that funny, why is it patronized so? I like Sinfest, maybe I'm just perverted...me don't know [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

DURELIN IS A PANSY! HAHA! PIPH YOU!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:13 AM   #5
Alcerin
Pile O'Bones

Alcerin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

oh yeah, I remember...the kid on Foxtrot, he's the last born(whats his name?) is obsessed with LotR (and rockets, and schoolwork, and...)

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Alcerin ]

~John 11:35~
Alcerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:33 AM   #6
Laialthriel
Animated Skeleton

Laialthriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just a side note: I just thought since several of you were wondering what the kid's name in Fox Trot was...I'd tell you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The youngest one is Jason, then there's Paige, then Peter.
"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us." --Phil 3:14
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." --Gandalf the Gray
Laialthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 AM   #7
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ahh.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 AM   #8
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, to get back to the subject, I saw the Get Fuzzy one yesterday. My friend (who by the way doesn't like LOTR) came to school screaming about the one from Monday. She said it was sooo funny!! So I'm going to start a collection of Get Fuzzy comics from LOTR. I love that comic strip!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #9
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Though I thought Get Fuzzy was only occasionaly funny, I have loved the LOTR theme the last few days. For the uninitiated, it's a strip about a guy who lives with a talking cat and dog. The cat's a real control freak jerk and the dog is very kick back and kinda dumb. Well the cat brought in a friend named Frodo Cattins (heh) who was trying to thrown the dog's collar into the fireplace to destroy it ala LOTR. Not sure where they're going with that but I'll keep reading! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 11:20 PM   #10
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hmmm....I haven't been in Novices and Newcomers for ages, so I missed this. But I started a thread in Mayhem in which I posted the the LotR related Get Fuzzy comics. You can read 'em there if these posts have you curious.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:08 AM   #11
Shanna
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Deleting my posts again are we? You mods need to get a life, I was just kidding, Durelin and I know eachother...

Old 12-05-2002, 12:27 PM   #12
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Shanna, private conversations should be conducted by PM or taken to the chat room. Private remarks on the forum will be routinely deleted. Please abide by this rule; repeated violation will endanger your posting privileges.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:14 PM   #13
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Today's Foxtrot had a LOTR reference too! It was a spoof on Reindeer Lord of the Rings or something Xmas themed. They mentioned Rivendell and Elrond! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I have a feeling though, that if we posted every time there was a LOTR reference in the media, the Downs would be over run with posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I will stop. I think. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2002, 12:35 PM   #14
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Get Fuzzy isn't always real funny but when it does something with something you like, it's a lot funnier! I don't think Fox trot is in my paper [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ha, oh well. Getting in toruble again eh Shanna! Great, you piphed up your signature! Grrrr...me, a pansy? I think not! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2002, 01:19 PM   #15
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

In today's Get Fuzzy Bucky decides he envisions himself as Strider. It's pretty funny, read it. 200 posts here I come!
Old 12-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #16
Shanna
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Get Fuzzy is about a cat and a dog, OVERDONE! Anyways, I'm keeping that in my siggy until you change the avatar Durelin!

Old 12-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #17
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Today the cat called the collar "My Precious"! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]