The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Admin/Sign Up for WWJ XIII: 'Til Death Do We LARP

For many long millenia, Melkor has lain chained and dormant. And when he finally wakes, it is to a world far different than that he remembers. Nonetheless, he is soon up to his old tricks, searching out those who he can twist to his evil will...

You are all members of an active Live Action Role-Playing club. You've been playing together for years, and you know eachother almost as well as you know eachother's fantastical personas. But the upcoming Annual Fantasy Weekend promises to be the best ever, and you prepare excitedly for the yearly camping trip. For 3 days, you'll take on your characters 24/7, camping with your friends in the heavily wooded park east of town.

You've heard that your president, JennyHallu (also known as Adalawen the Elven Thief), has a very special scenario planned...rumor is it involves werewolves.

Little do you know what kind of unwanted attention your eagerly anticipated outing has attracted...

Important Info:
  • This game will be set in the 7th age.
  • Roles should include both your "real-life" occupation and the character you play with the club. Silliness is not only welcome, it is highly encouraged.
  • There shall be three werewolves and one seer, with other Gifteds/Curseds to be determined based on interest.
  • Deadline shall be somewhere around 5PM EST, which is 10PM GMT. Requests for another time will be considered, but I make no promises.
  • There shall be one retractable vote per day, and no double lynches. In the event of a tie, the player to garner the most votes first will be the lynchee for the day.
  • The game shall begin with a Night cycle.
I reserve the right to change the rules at any point before the start of the game.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Club Roster

JennyHallu - Club President - Secretary - Adalawen the Elven Thief
Folwren - Vice-President

Anguirel - aged academician, expert in Ruritanian poetry - Ptolemaius the Objectionable, human wizard
Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Gurthang - Clergyman - Cowardly Knight
Naria - Rat Wrangler (Animal control? teehee...) - Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant, player of the Flute of Doom.
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dśnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - schadenfreude-prone mortician - unstable aging halfling stage actor, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Rune - temp - Joe the Beorning Bounty Hunter
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-07-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Well, I'll be a teleseller in the 7th age and my role will be Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog (half-human). He wields (at the same time) two legendary elven longswords, a legendary human two-handed sword, a legendary orcish crossbow, a legendary dwarven largeshield and a legendary wizard pointy hat.

(Yes, he is ambitious)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
1420!

Oooo, can't resist a bare-bones game!

Hmm, I will be the local Rat Wrangler and my name will be Kitty Watcha'mikolit (half dwarf-half troll) . She has no weapons to speak of, just her trusty flute.

Last edited by Naria; 11-02-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Looking back at Volo's occupation, do we put down our RL jobs or made up ones? I think I may have missed something Jenny with your quotations around RL
Old 11-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

It can be your real real job if you really want it to be. Or not. Up to you. I won't be checking up, if that's what you're asking.

EDIT: Just let it be at least marginally plausible.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-02-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
Volo

My sure isn't real, it would just be so ironic to have a character with such a low job and being so ambitious in larp.

(that character was actually a part of my "how not to make a BD RPG character"-example. I even wanted to start a thread like this "How NOT to do something in The Barrow Downs or in Tolkien's world", but I decided against it, not having good enough examples.)
Old 11-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Are you looking for more players? If so, I think I'll join...the fact that Jenny's modding it is practically enough to get me to play.

A couple questions before making up my mind entirely:

When will it start?
You didn't say, but it looked possible - are you wanting all the posts in Role-playing form itself?

I will seriously consider just how much time I am willing to waste and then let you know if I decide you join you...provided you'll let me, of course.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I shall be the schadenfreude-prone halfling mortician, wielding an ancient elvish shovel. I'll get back to you with a name shortly.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I confirm my participation.

The theme has caught me slightly off balance, but I shall be an aged academic expert in Ruritanian poetry, who (hiding his suspect hobby from his respected colleagues and students) performs the role of Ptolemaius the Objectionable, a human wizard.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sign me up Jenny!!
I shall be Anoonnoon from Omacron Persieye eight I shall be a Radical Hair Butcher and I shall be Elven.
Also I work most days until at the latest 8:00 pm CST if that is a problem for anyone let me know, because I may have to vote early most days, but with the retractable vote I may be able to sneak in a vote on some days.

Last edited by Valier; 11-02-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
My character's name is Ilberic Took.
My RL persona is a fortyish stage actor with mental health issues.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #13
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Folwren: It will start as soon as I have enough players...ideally before next weekend.

In-character posting is certainly not a requirement.

Anyone is welcome to join, this is an open game.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I am actively seeking a co-mod. If weirdness takes over, I may be moving sometime in the next month.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:51 AM   #15
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Confirming I'm in

I'll be an unemployed homeless drunkard in his fifties who plays a pretty elf maid named Lothwen (flowermaid, that is).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Count me in!

I'll come up with the occupation-stuff soon.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:22 AM   #17
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I am actively seeking a co-mod. If weirdness takes over, I may be moving sometime in the next month.
Will you take me as your co-mod? I don't know how much time I'll actually have for playing.

-- Folwren
Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #18
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll be a retired general from the defence department who plays Ciryatan of the Dśnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor (his left leg will be tied from the knee in the LARP and he would use walking sticks to get forwards).

The deadline is great!

One retractable is a good idea for those who will have troubles with the deadline.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Thumbs up

Jenny:
"unstable aging stage actor" has a nice ring to it...

Last edited by Rikae; 11-03-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #20
Volo

Kitty Watcha'mikolit the Pygmy Giant...
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

LOL
Old 11-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #22
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
If there's room, I'm in Jenny, sign me up.

I think I'll be a Fuller.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #23
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Boro...please read the top post. I need two roles from you: which is Fuller?
Old 11-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #24
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'm sorry...

The fuller is my real role. And my role playing character will be the guy who plays all the 'minor alternative characters.'

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-04-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #25
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #26
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Anguirel - aged academician, expert in Ruritanian poetry - Ptolemaius the Objectionable, human wizard
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dśnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Rikae - unstable aging stage actor - schadenfreude-prone halfling mortician, Ilberic Took, wielding an ancient elvish shovel
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid

We seem to have a group of more mature people around this time... Let's see if they can behave any better than the youngsters?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #27
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

It occurs to me that I might be able to have more fun with it if my RL character is the mortician, and my RP hobbit character is the unstable aging stage actor. Can I switch them?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #28
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

hehe...ok.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #29
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

How long until the game starts, do you suppose? How many more players do you need before you can begin?

-- Foley
Old 11-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #30
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Well, we have only 9 players right now. I'd like an absolute minimum of 12, preferably more like 15. I don't know how long it will take to get them, but we'll see. I'd like to get the game started by this weekend.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #31
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Welcome Rune!

We need two more players to start! I've sent out a host of invitations, but I have no way of knowing how many people have committed to Fea's game. Cross your fingers.

And Anguirel, do you still plan to play here, as you've confirmed participation in Fea's game?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #32
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well Jenny, if you still need one more player, I'm in. And for those of you groaning, I do intend on trying a new style, but then I may change my mind

With your blessing, I was thinking of being a singer for a heavy-metal band ("RL") and a sneak in LARP. What's a sneak? think of a gollum-like creature
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #33
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

just a question...was I supposed to pick 2 occupations?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #34
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah, I'm in...

So, I will be a Starcaptain in "RL," and LARP as William Shatner...

If that just happens to be alright.

P.S. - Seriously, I can change that.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #35
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
If allowed, I will join this merry game...as a Pompous Nobleman. The character shall be that of 'Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard'
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #36
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Hope we get a couple of players soon. I don't think Fea's game is about to start very soon as there are only two confirmed players by now...

And with Farael, Durelin and the Captain we seem to have already 13?

One or two more?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #37
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Val, I just split yours into two roles. If that's all right.

I still need roles from Diamond and Rune. If I don't get them, they will be forced to dig the camp privies and be meatshields.

Thank you all for joining my little party...

I now have all the people I need to begin. Signups will be open for another 24 hours, and roles will be sent out tomorrow at this time. The game will start with a Night cycle.

Roles will be:

3 werewolves
1 seer

A ranger will be added if and only if there are 15 players by tomorrow. If you want a ranger, please encourage others to join!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #38
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
Val, I just split yours into two roles. If that's all right.
That's alright

What time may I ask will the day/ night phase begin again? Just want to know for sure so I will know if I will be around for the deadlines.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #39
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

5pm Est.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #40
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I shall be a Librarian and my LARP character shall be that of a Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword.

Fo'shizzle.