The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #641
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
woah. I feel really special now. I've deprived Estel of some of his invincibility!! I must be psychic
Don't get cocky. ()

Quote:
Estel was partt of the italian Mafia he wears his suave suits and likes carrying around a bat but unike his comrads he yells for protection money in elvish as opposed to italian, so he was forced to start his new gang it Elvish Mafia.
Obivously some of those bozos I used to call 'friends' weren't as tight-lipped as I thought. Batted men tell no tales, though.
Although I have to admit if I ever lead a Mafia it'd take me forever to get into a suit, dressing up is for chocolate chip cookies.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 04:58 PM   #642
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
I used to have a closet...now I have to share my mum's closet, mine's still being painted.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:22 PM   #643
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril Too tired....

Elfearz : You're one of the special few to not be guessed by me yet. (Okay fine, I guess it's not that special, I hardly ever post anything.... ) Anywhoo....you have blonde hair, brown eyes, and as much as I want to say it, I won't say that you have pointy ears. In fact, I see you with rounded ears, ones that kinda curve out at the bottom in a butterfly wing shape. You like the color green, and you have both a quiet and a loud side.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #644
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Interesting that I just discovered this thread, lol.

Fordhim and Davem-I must say you two professor's I sort of imagine as that Tolkien picture with a pipe in his mouth, hmmm. .

Eomer- sort of like a Gilbert Godfrey. With that scratchy voice.

Child of the 7th Age- One of those professor's at Harvard, who majored in law.
I'm a professor at Harrrrvard, and I studied in the degree of lhhaw. Whilst driving down the street in my vollllvo...
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:41 AM   #645
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Boromir, you're "true" appearance alludes me. However, I place your age at about 28, and your looks to be that of a slightly unkempt teacher, rushing between classes. Your dark brown hair tends to look like you forgot about the haircut you were supposed to get some two weeks ago, and rather likes to stick up in odd places. This, however, doesn't make you look like a slob, but rather like a bookworm who runs his fingers through his hair at frequent intervals. Your eyes are what capture me: hidden behind wire-framed glasses, your gray eyes are usually alight with academic enthusiasm. I'd say you are relatively thin... not "skinny", but not big. I place your height at about 5'9". Your desk is organized in that you always know where everything is, but is complete chaos to anyone else. Piled with well-worn copies of ancient writings, as well as random notes to yourself, it is not always possible to see the bottom. There is always a good chance of finding ink spatters or pencil smudges on your hands.

I don't even want to guess how inaccurate that is, but that's the fun of the thread, is it not?

Fea
Old 11-07-2004, 12:22 PM   #646
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

Feanor, I am impressed how close you are lol.

I'm 37, but people say I look younger, don't ask me why. I do have dark brown hair, and yes there are times when I will take a shower, go to bed, and it will be a mess in the morning, and I won't even bother fixing it. I have contacts, but used to have glasses, they were that thin type. You were close in height 6'1, and I am rather thin. I must say I'm not a school teacher, I sort of thought about teaching, but I do have this neatly organized desk with little posted notes. I must say I am impressed.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:24 PM   #647
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've not had a go at this in 'donkeys' years', and last time I was quite bad at it, mainly as my mind works in surreal, overly imaginative ways, so here goes:

I just can't place how old Boromir88 is, but I think 'he' is male, and likes a good old chinwag, although he can also be a quiet sort of person and enjoys nostalgia - maybe a bit of collecting of memorabilia, watching old TV shows from his youth, and that kind of thing. 'He' is often really busy, and he drives a big car - but whether it's old or new I can't tell, that would depend on age I suppose. And uses a laptop rather than a PC!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:27 PM   #648
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Jeez a man, another fairly accurate description by Lalwende. I do like those old TV shows from youth (Star Trek, with Shatner and Nemoy, The Brady Bunch, Bonanza). Yes, I am a rather busy guy, working for a fireworks company and all, especially during the season I'm always travelling around from store to store. I DO HAVE A LABTOP!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #649
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hurrah! I got something right! Those fireworks, it's made me think, you could be a modern-day Gandalf! That must be every boy's dream, to work in the fireworks business!

OK, buoyed up by my wildcard success, time for another guess: you like to listen to music in your car as you travel about, but you tend to go for your favourite CDs - I would guess REM, U2 are amongst them? - rather than the radio, apart from the news, and you sometimes listen to a talking book/drama CD.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #650
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I tried and failed to find out who Gilbert Godfrey is, so....if anyone (that's you Boromir) wants to help me out with that one...
Old 11-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #651
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Quote:
Feanor, I am impressed how close you are lol.
Comes from all the practice I got trying to pin down Eomer's image... Which I must say I thrust to the back of my mind in favor of a kilt-wearing Karl Urban look-alike. It's funny that even though I "know" what some of you look like, I still stick with some of my own conjured images.

I wonder if anyone would try to pin me down again... my "style" and appearance have changed quite a bit in the time since I was last tried.

Fea
Old 11-07-2004, 02:32 PM   #652
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I have just re-read this entire thread and I must say it's hilarious stuff. Ah! good times...

In recent months I have been compared to the following figures of popular music; Marc Bolan, Luke Jenner (The Rapture), Bob Dylan, and the unnamed 6th Stroke (!)....

...but the undeniable best description of me thus far was Mithalwen's Jim Morrison in a kilt.

And I almost sent a picture to the photo gallery...
Old 11-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #653
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

How do I imagine Mr B-W? I see a skinny little guy iwth Rib-Zombie-ish hair that hides half of his face, cow-boy boots, T-shirts that are far too big for him and several empty bottles of vodka lying around!

*runs and hides*
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #654
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Shield

Ok, I`m going to use the last 2 people that posted and BW.

Eomer of the Rohirrim- I see a tall young guy of about 20. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Dressed in casual jeans and t-shirt. Happy smile on face. (Yes, I always imagine you as being a very happy guy)

Morgy- Shoulder length dark brown hair, dark eyes. T-shirt and jeans. Hair is shoulder length and looks a bit messed up, as if she has been bouncing off walls.

BW- Hmm... The only thing I can see is a man sitting at a computer desk, bags around eyes, sticky notes scattered every where, pop cans on floor. I`ll stop.

*runs and hides with Morgy, hoping she won`t attack*
Old 11-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #655
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Queen
How do I imagine Mr B-W? I see a skinny little guy iwth Rib-Zombie-ish hair that hides half of his face, cow-boy boots, T-shirts that are far too big for him and several empty bottles of vodka lying around!

*runs and hides*
Several empty bottles of vodka?! Which leaves us with three options: that the Barrow Wight doesn't clean his flat and they can therefore be several months old; that he is possessed of a surprisingly strong, probably Russian constitution; or that he is actually lying in a coma, cow-boy boots and all, in a corner.

Definitely option three.

Feanor of the Peredhil: for some reason I can't help imagining you doing cartwheels. You're like Jack Skellington, but...well, human, female and a whole lot prettier. Just go with the dangerous, black eyeliner deal. Beats me why this image comes to my mind...it changes on a regular basis.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #656
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
This has the appearance of a random title

Quote:
I wonder if anyone would try to pin me down again... my "style" and appearance have changed quite a bit in the time since I was last tried.
Hmm......
Feanor: Your avie makes me think of Evanessence, don't ask me why. Anyway, you have a clean cut yet artsy look. Black and white are common color combinations in your outfits. I see you as the type who would hang out in a coffee shop reading novels such as *gasp* LOTR!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #657
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Feanor of the Peredhil: for some reason I can't help imagining you doing cartwheels. You're like Jack Skellington, but...well, human, female and a whole lot prettier. Just go with the dangerous, black eyeliner deal. Beats me why this image comes to my mind...it changes on a regular basis.
You should have seen me Halloween Weekend. Friday: powdered white face, with heavily lined (black) eyes, and blood red lipstick. Saturday: Black shirt, vest, skirt, stockings, and boots, complimented by realistic looking stage blood dripping from my mouth down my neck. Sunday.... a fairy princess. But that was Halloween. I must ask you though... cartwheels? What in the world gave THAT impression?

Quote:
Feanor: Your avie makes me think of Evanessence, don't ask me why. Anyway, you have a clean cut yet artsy look. Black and white are common color combinations in your outfits. I see you as the type who would hang out in a coffee shop reading novels such as *gasp* LOTR!
Clean... cut? Occasionally. Like if I need to make a split second first impression on someone close-minded. Or if I feel like it. Artsy? More than you could possibly guess. Black... quite often, but not for the "usual" reasons. White... often as well, only I need to remember to stop... at least on Fridays. Coffee shop... Indeed. My friends forcibly dragged me from a college bookstore (with adjacent coffee shop) not two weeks ago.

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 11-07-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:58 PM   #658
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
I must ask you though... cartwheels? What in the world gave THAT impression?
The mind of the Innkeeper works in mysterious ways. Best not to pry, f'yer own sake *evil toothy grin* The Hallowe'en costume sounds tres funky though - I was a witch, so full compliments on the black eyeliner from this side as well.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #659
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Quote:
You're like Jack Skellington, but...well, human, female and a whole lot prettier.
That`s great! Jack Skellington is awesome!

Quote:
I see you as the type who would hang out in a coffee shop reading novels such as *gasp* LOTR!
Funny you should say that about Feanor, Morai. I imagine him the same way.

Nimmy
Old 11-07-2004, 08:43 PM   #660
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
I imagine him the same way.
I can think of one important difference between your image of me, and Morai's.

Quote:
full compliments on the black eyeliner
The eyeliner was great, but you wouldn't believe the number of times I forgot my face was powdered white and proceeded to tiredly rub my face with my hands... then remembering, sprinting to a bathroom, and repowdering.

Fea
Old 11-07-2004, 10:01 PM   #661
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Question Sometimes, It takes to wonder...

I really can't imagine others on the forum but, i do try to study their habits, dis-likes and likes, characteristics that i can see and base them on that. if i tried to do a vizualization of anyone i was wondering about, well... ah, how do i say this. Sometimes i get a little creative and all i know is that it would be scary. The end said to that, i think the first method is more preferable.

As for me... Forget it. I Tend to be completely different on here. The feeling of having an alias makes me have a warm feeling in my cheeks. In other words, viva la alias for me.

P.S. Just to do a de-breifing as my normal self i DO like David Bowie and i DO like boromir. i had to get that out of my system...sorry if i am becoming too creepy for you. It's a Scorpio thing. i can't help it. I am strange, unusual, and sort of an enigma. Or i just don't care to be truely known. Besides, what wrong with a little fantasy?
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #662
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

White Tree

Quote:
Morgy- Shoulder length dark brown hair, dark eyes. T-shirt and jeans. Hair is shoulder length and looks a bit messed up, as if she has been bouncing off walls.
Dark Brown hair...check
Jeans and T...check
Messy hair...check
Bouncing off walls....I've drunk 5 litres of coke in the past day, you can be the judge of that! ^_^

Nimrodel...extremely short, blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles, lots of jewellery, bandana somewhere, treats the world like a bouncy castle (boingy-boingy-boingy ^_~).
Old 11-07-2004, 10:11 PM   #663
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elennar Starfire
I used to have a closet...now I have to share my mum's closet, mine's still being painted.
ahhh... that must really sux... (it would for me... relations with me mum are a bit volcanic if you catch the drift.) Wish i could come over and paint a big old Jareth in for you... to make you feel better.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:01 AM   #664
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

White Tree

I'll rent several Bowie movies and watch them over the weekend for you, 'Leny!

Bowie! It's Bowie! *throws glitter*
Old 11-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #665
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
As it’s been a while since I last visited this thread, and as I have, in that time, formed several new acquaintances in the Downs…

Boromir88 is tall and very shaggy: he has a florid red beard that matches the wild, out of control mop of curls upon his head, all of which perfectly frames frighteningly intense hazel eyes. He rarely smiles in a pleasant manner, but he is not frightening or intimidating. Rather, he is more of a mystery to those he meets, and whose hands he clasps in his own giant paws. He is built rather like an oak tree in autumn: spare, but weighed with the promise of vigour. His clothes are neat, but simple. He looks as though he would be most at home out in his backyard hoeing the garden or chopping a cord or two of wood before breakfast.

Mithalwen is of medium height, with slightly curling dark brown hair to her shoulders and an incredibly mischievous glint in her earthy brown eyes. Her hands and fingers are slender and clever, and her complexion is fair, although touched with red from her time spent outdoors, just wandering and listening to birdsong. She wears cotton and wool, usually of muted tones but not dark. She never wears hats, preferring instead to feel the light of the sun and the touch of the wind on her face. She smiles constantly, but never speaks much, particularly in groups. She is fleet of foot.

Lalwende looks about twelve years old, but she is actually much older. She has long blonde hair that can appear a bit red in the sun, and her eyes glitter grey or blue with her mood. She is an almost inexhaustible talker, but well worth the listening to. She wears glasses and is entirely unconscious to her beauty, which makes men fall in love with her upon first sight. She has a mole upon one shoulder that shows only when she is wearing that ragged old shirt that she prefers to wear when out running. She is not slender, but the extra pounds suit her extremely well, lending her a glow of health and vitality that skinnier people envy.

Aiwendil is extremely tall and extremely slender. He looks like a conductor and bears himself like a tyrant, although a benevolent one. His beard, hair and demeanour are all black, but he does not intimidate or threaten. Instead, he commands almost instant respect with the intensity of his gaze. His lips are somewhat too thin for his face and his grey eyes seem oddly devoid of colour. He always wears a suit that appears to be quite expensive, but upon closer inspection appears to be a bit threadbare about the edges. Despite the elegance of his appearance, he is somewhat awkward in his movements, as though his body has a mind of its own – or, more properly, as though his mind is elsewhere…or elsewhen. He is a chain smoker of expensive, imported Turkish cigarettes.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:07 AM   #666
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

A few more (but I don't fee like editing above)

Child of the Seventh Age looks exactly like my mother. In fact, I think she might be my mother. (This is not as bad as it sounds, as I am very fond of my mother and she holds three graduate degrees in two different disciplines… Yes, there are times when I feel my mother is perhaps too smart to be true…much as I feel about Child!)

Mark 12_30 looks just like a hobbit, albeit one who wears glasses. She is not very tall, not particularly slender, and has short curly hair. She smiles often and laughs even oftener. Her cheeks are red from lots of time spent outdoors, and she has many freckles, for her complexion is fair but she refuses to wear a hat. She likes to wear large sensible boots at every opportunity.

Rimbaud looks precisely like Chatterton in the famous painting of the dead youth – except, y’know, not dead.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #667
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle

Mithalwen is of medium height, with slightly curling dark brown hair to her shoulders and an incredibly mischievous glint in her earthy brown eyes. Her hands and fingers are slender and clever, and her complexion is fair, although touched with red from her time spent outdoors, just wandering and listening to birdsong. She wears cotton and wool, usually of muted tones but not dark. She never wears hats, preferring instead to feel the light of the sun and the touch of the wind on her face. She smiles constantly, but never speaks much, particularly in groups. She is fleet of foot.

Oh Fordim - could you be more wrong? Quite an achievement really. Well there is a glint and I wear natural fibres wherever possible. Hmm I talk and laugh lots with people I feel secure with but without a real effort my shyness can make me seem aloof with strangers...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:02 PM   #668
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

davem

The time has come to tackle one of my favourite Downers. Surprisingly, davem is remarkably clear to me, despite the subtle mysteries of his mind:

He is the same height as myself, but of slightly lighter build. His hair is brown and somewhat wavy; it might also be touched with a few hints of grey, but these hairs lend him dignity. He is a man who would look good in glasses, but he does not wear any. His arms and fingers are long and graceful. His eyebrows are faintly bushy over intensely focused eyes, which can sometimes become oddly distant as he wanders through the labyrinths of his dreams, even in the waking world. He has a very closely cropped beard.

davem wears brown clothes; not all brown, but many earth tones, with the occasional touch of dark colour thrown in. He dresses surprisingly well, if conservatively. He wears jackets every day.

His face is angular but not jagged, giving him the look of an aesthete, but this initial impression is overborne when he laughs at jokes that others do not find funny for his wit is not common, sharp as it might be. He loves trees and wooded lanes, and will speak to himself audibly when he knows that he is alone. He likes to ride the bus and look at the other people, imagining what they are like when at home.

He smokes a pipe when he reads, and drinks ale rather than lager. He is friendly to strangers, and kind to animals.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #669
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Lalwende looks about twelve years old, but she is actually much older. She has long blonde hair that can appear a bit red in the sun, and her eyes glitter grey or blue with her mood. She is an almost inexhaustible talker, but well worth the listening to. She wears glasses and is entirely unconscious to her beauty, which makes men fall in love with her upon first sight. She has a mole upon one shoulder that shows only when she is wearing that ragged old shirt that she prefers to wear when out running. She is not slender, but the extra pounds suit her extremely well, lending her a glow of health and vitality that skinnier people envy.
Meh! I'd like to say it's all true, but it isn't! One thing you did get right is that I never stop talking - I spent many hours in 'punishment corner' at primary school for my inability to shut up - alas it was no punishment for there were many good books there. And I am wearing glasses now, but I don't wear them if I can help it, and yes, I am remarkably unwrinkled for my age. But I think you may have to guess again.

Now...
Fordim - is not tall, although he 'thinks tall', and he holds himself proudly so that you would think he was a giant. He wears those glasses which have almost invisible metal frames (the gold coloured ones), and he has short hair which is 'messy on top'. He usually wears mis-matched jackets and trousers in the day, without a tie, and any old thing when he gets home; he somehow seems to get ink stains on his cuffs all the time so he rolls his sleeves up a lot. Secretly, he yearns for the days when a gentleman could go about in a frock coat, carrying a cane and a pair of kid gloves.

Mithalwen - has regular haircuts and likes to look neat and tidy in the daytime, but she does like the odd biscuit so she's forever checking her clothes for traces of crumbs. She sometimes wears glasses, especially when doing work on the computer, and she certainly wasn't happy about it when the optician recommended her for them. She really does have two sides to her as at home she likes to wear floaty, beautiful clothes, but nothing luridly patterned. Her laugh is ringing, especially after a few glasses of wine.

Fordim's description of Rimbaud was unsurpassable, but I can try my own, as I have a definite impression. He is tall, and has dark hair. He has been known to experiment with different beard and sideburn combinations, and can't quite shake off his old style of dress from his student days. He favours long coats in dark colours, but these days, that is about the only everyday left over from his glory years and now he has to wear a shirt and tie, so he figures they may as well be lively ones.

Child likes to wear grey and silver clothes and she always has a book in her pocket or handbag (this handbag is actually a brown leather rucksack). She likes flowing trousers and tunics, and also long sets of beads, but these are always in a tasteful style, and only occasionally does she wear something loud, mainly for fun. She does not favour lots of make up and she has bright blue eyes, and dark brown hair.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #670
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I must say Fordhim, the only think you practically got right was tall and hazel eyes. I am not that much shaggy, just my hair, i did use to have a goatee but not anymore, and know not red curly hair, more of a light brown, straight hair, lol. But, I applaud you for the attempt, here's mine. I will say, my humor is that of an odd one, for I'm often critisized for having out of day cheesy jokes, lol. For example, What do you call a mushroom thath as a date everyday? A very
FUN-GI (Guy)

Fordhim- Fairly tall, maybe 5'11. I'd say brown eyes. More of a British sort of dry comedy humor, where you make jokes about yourself, and your society, .
I imagine you as a professor of some university, teaching about 20th Century English authors (hopefully I got the century right), or maybe a class on Brittish romantics. Hmm, I guess I sort of think of you as a brittish kind of guy .

Funny, I happen to picture Davem the same way, makes me wonder if you are two long lost seperated, identical twins?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #671
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Though I have seen a picture of Bethberry, she is not how I pictured her in the least...which is odd since I'm not really quite sure how I pictured her in the first place.

On the one hand I see a slim woman perched behind a desk that is drowning in the middle of the library, where tomes are piled on end. She wears spectacles that insist on sliding off the end of her nose, and she scribbles furiously across the paper, filling the paper with witty words. Brown hair shot with blonde tumbling down her shoulders...

On the other hand I picture her as something like a human faerie...dancing through the woods, robed in green...with glimmering golden hair.

Last edited by Imladris; 11-08-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:43 PM   #672
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420! Not quite.

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgy
Nimrodel...extremely short, blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles, lots of jewellery, bandana somewhere, treats the world like a bouncy castle (boingy-boingy-boingy ^_~).
Extremely short blonde hair- nope. Long dark brown
Or did you mean I am extremely short? Yes, I am short.
Brown eyes- Yes, almost black.
Freckles- Not as many as I used to have.
Lots of jewelry- If you count my ring and One Ring (and one of those clips you put on your belt loop) as being a lot.
Bandana somewhere- In the summer, yes, now no.
Treats the world like a bouncy castle- Otay! Sounds good!

Nimmy
Old 11-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #673
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Queen

Ahh! YES! more people who love the immortal Bowie!

just because i want to and because it's my b-day! i am going to sing!!!

"You remind me of the babe
What babe? The babe with the power
What power? Power of voodoo
Who do? You do
Do what? Remind me of the babe

Dance magic, dance, ooh ooh ooh
Dance magic, dance magic, ooh ooh ooh
Dance magic"...

hmm. i think i will go watch labyrinth again, and maybe Legend. Oh, what the heck, i'll go to watch Dark Cyrstal for the fun of it.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #674
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots To the Cofused...

ok, sorry this is out of place but, if you are wondering who in the name of Tolkien is "Jareth" follow this link:

www.ealasaid.com/fan/shrine/jareth.html It gives an analysis!

thank you.

~dancing Ka~
Old 11-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #675
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question Describing an Random Title

Quote:
Funny you should say that about Feanor, Morai. I imagine him the same way.
It's amazing (and occasionally scary) what my muses can think up.
Quote:
I can think of one important difference between your image of me, and Morai's.
Hehehe....nothing like mixups in gender to brighten up my foggy day.

Anyway here's another:
The Ka: I see you as a person that walks around in a whiteish/gray cloak. You have platinium blonde hair and icy blue eyes. The hair is usually spiked and on occasion you put red tips on them. Your silent-brooding personality sometimes frightens people, but once they get to know you they like you a lot.

I wonder if I am too mysterious for people to guess about me.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #676
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
THE Ka I can't help imagining as Eowyn, ever since Oddwen's little crazy scene starring Eowyn as Ka and Arwen as me. Except, Ka doesn't have such tidy hair.

Quote:
Wish i could come over and paint a big old Jareth in for you... to make you feel better.
Heh. Actually, I've got a big empty wall I need to do something with...probably just LotR posters and such, since I have very little artistic talent for anything looking remotely realistic...I'm just good at designing jewelry! (and making it...but what I make is never as good as my designs...why does copper have to be so hard to work with?)

Oh, and I have my closet back. But still no door...

Quote:

I'd come over and watch 'em with you if I could...but you don't exactly live within walking distance...there's the little obstacle of an ocean...

Quote:
just because i want to and because it's my b-day! i am going to sing!!!

"You remind me of the babe
What babe? The babe with the power
What power? Power of voodoo
Who do? You do
Do what? Remind me of the babe
I did that in the hall today...loudly...with my Labyrinth-fan friend who's been conspiring with me to get people to watch it... (three guesses which part I did )so far two successes, and lots more people who want to see it...we'll just have to throw another movie party!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #677
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

White Tree

Ooooh have either of you seen 'Almost Famous'?

*huggls that movie*
Old 11-09-2004, 03:23 AM   #678
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Believe it or not I have no image of any other downers. I've tried racking my brains but nothing. I shall correct Fordim slightly, though.

He is the same height as myself, but of slightly lighter build.
(He's 5'10)

His hair is brown and somewhat wavy; it might also be touched with a few hints of grey, but these hairs lend him dignity. He is a man who would look good in glasses, but he does not wear any.
(Yes he does)

His arms and fingers are long and graceful. His eyebrows are faintly bushy over intensely focused eyes, which can sometimes become oddly distant as he wanders through the labyrinths of his dreams, even in the waking world. He has a very closely cropped beard.
(No beard)

davem wears brown clothes; not all brown, but many earth tones, with the occasional touch of dark colour thrown in. He dresses surprisingly well, if conservatively. He wears jackets every day.
(Actually he mostly wears jeans, & only wears a shirt & tie for work)

His face is angular but not jagged, giving him the look of an aesthete, but this initial impression is overborne when he laughs at jokes that others do not find funny for his wit is not common, sharp as it might be.
(No, his face is round, but his jaw is slightly angular)

He loves trees and wooded lanes, and will speak to himself audibly when he knows that he is alone. He likes to ride the bus and look at the other people, imagining what they are like when at home.

He smokes a pipe when he reads, and drinks ale rather than lager. He is friendly to strangers, and kind to animals.

(He tends to avoid strangers, being overly shy. He (i)never(/i) smokes his pipe while reading, as coffee-caramel tobacco creates such thick clouds of smoke that that would be impossible)
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:35 AM   #679
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I could correct Fordim... on some things--- but I won't.

Except on the boots... rarely wear boots.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #680
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Mark 12_30 - Fordim's description of you was actually closer to me, apart from the hair, as mine is the whole opposite of short, and I come from a real life Hobbit family. Want to do a swap?

Someone I have a really clear picture of is Saucepan Man. I think he is somewhere twixt 35 and 43, tall and wiry, and likes outdoor pursuits, e.g. hiking, climbing and so on when he gets the time. He likes dogs. He has hair that's a bit messy, and he contrives to wear it as spikey as possible, just as much as he can get away with. He has a long nose, blue eyes and goes 'tsch' when he laughs.

Another clear picture in my mind is Imladris - she's around 17, and is quite shy, but has a small group of really good friends. She can be serious, and loves reading, and she sometimes wears those ribbons and badges for good causes. She wears contacts. She has short red hair and is of average height.

Finally, davem if you read this, where did you get coffee-caramel tobacco from, as it sounds great. Once made whisky tobacco, but it was rather smelly, and a waste of good Glenfiddich, ahem. Not that I'm condoning smoking, kids...