Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #321
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to have been gone so long, spring is always busy for me in RL.

After thinking about the choices of just ending this RPG or properly finishing it, I would prefer the latter.

Here's my suggestion: As long as we're outside, I think we should examine the ground around Grimbeorn's body and find the warg tracks. At that point, it might be more logical to track them during the day, starting the next morning.

I'm not married to this idea, just thought it might start some discussion as to how this game can finish.

Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #322
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright then, we'll go on with our characters and not rush this story to an ending, but we have to be a little more active.

I'll see if I can get a post in tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #323
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I hope my post is acceptable.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #324
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I hope my post is acceptable.
It is, at least if you ask me. And it's so funny that it's after my post, it brings nice contrast to the reactions. Great.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #325
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I should be able to get a post up early next week.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #326
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It is, at least if you ask me. And it's so funny that it's after my post, it brings nice contrast to the reactions. Great.

That was the hope. Kuric is fairly calloused and unconcerned about things like that.

Groin, would it be wise to have you get us moving on this, being that you killed him and Kuric was speaking in your vacinity?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #327
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No problem with me. Sorry about not getting my post done yesterday, as I promised, but I'll get it in today. Nice work morm!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #328
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I just can't leave that last thing uncommented... I will post tomorrow, but don't let it hinder any of you as I can adapt to any kind of situation...
Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #329
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I've posted. I hope it fits.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #330
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great posts everyone, I'm glad to see that things are rolling along smoothly again. I'll be leaving in two days for two week vacation in historic Virginia, I'll be visiting some American Civil War Battlefields! I just wanted to know if ya'll want me to put in one last post before I leave, or do you think that I'm fine the way I left Gorin?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #331
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Depends on what comes next. It could go either way, in my opinion.

I agree though, it is exciting to see this start moving along a bit.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #332
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll just keep the stone rolling and make one more post before I leave. I can't wait to see the posts when I come back.

EDIT:
I have my post in. Sorry for the low quality, I was in a hurry to finish it and to start packing! Have fun with it while I'm gone.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 04-30-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:17 AM   #333
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Low quality? I think it was good. And this is getting creepy...
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #334
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I've filled my save. It's mostly what Lommy wrote, just from Ashes view point.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #335
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
I put up a post for Sam, too.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #336
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I have an idea formulating for Kuric, though I'm not sure if I'm ready to save yet. If I were to post I think it would possibly get us to the battle, where Kuric may or may not die. I haven't decided yet.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #337
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I have an idea formulating for Kuric, though I'm not sure if I'm ready to save yet. If I were to post I think it would possibly get us to the battle, where Kuric may or may not die. I haven't decided yet.
Just go on with it. Let's not have this story stuck...
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #338
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Okay, so I have half of it up. Briefly what will happen next, in my vision, is Kuric will speak quickly with Groin and take off in pursuit of the wargs...what happens next, I'm uncertain still. I don't want Kuric to monopolize the story, which is what I feel like will happen if I go too far.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #339
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Ideas on what to do next anybody? If my last post does not work I'm happy to delete.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #340
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Ideas on what to do next anybody? If my last post does not work I'm happy to delete.
I have been waiting for Groin to reply to it, because it seems like he should be the one to continue in order for the stroy to continue smoothly...
Old 05-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #341
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I have been waiting for Groin to reply to it, because it seems like he should be the one to continue in order for the story to continue smoothly...
In the immortal words of Samwise Gamgee: "Well, I'm back." Ya’ll certainly don’t need me to make this RPG run smoothly; I absolutely love the new posts. They may be few, but each and every one of them are really filled with substance that will draw us to a climactic battle in the very near future.

I'm glad to see that we have some new posts in the RPG thread, excellent posts too! I'll get my post in sometime tomorrow, and yes I will answer you Thinlomien!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #342
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I think we would be wise to discuss plans a bit before we reach the battle climax. I wouldn't want Kuric to do something would cause other take exception. My inital plan was to have Kuric feel the deep need to redeem himself for forgetting and forsaking his mission and trying to save the defenders but dying in the process. Of course, he would take out a few wargs first...assuming there are more than one.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #343
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I think we would be wise to discuss plans a bit before we reach the battle climax. I wouldn't want Kuric to do something would cause other take exception. My inital plan was to have Kuric feel the deep need to redeem himself for forgetting and forsaking his mission and trying to save the defenders but dying in the process. Of course, he would take out a few wargs first...assuming there are more than one.
If you want to do that, it would work.

I don't think we should encounter more than a couple of wargs, though, or otherwise we have to make our characters die and lose the battle, unless they use some cunning master plan. A group of five civilians, one of whom is a mere child, and two warriors doesn't stand a chance against a big group of wargs. I think six is a definite maximum, but that would require heroic deeds from both our warriors and very good luck in both staing alive and killing monsters for our civilian's part.

Will someone else die? I have nothing against killing Leanora per se, but it would probably be too grim considering the current tone of the RPG*. And there are some characters who deffinitely shouldn't die, such as Orin.

I hope no one feels like I'm nannying them if I say this, but I would like to ask anyone to stay within the boundaries of realism when the battle comes and make their characters fare according to their skills and not make them superheroes...

*it just occured to me that I want to make a very dark and grim RPG some time...
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 AM   #344
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If you kill Leanora, I'll kill... wait, no, I wont, but still...

You can't kill Leanora.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #345
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Quote:
*it just occured to me that I want to make a very dark and grim RPG some time...
I heard that!!!! Am filing it away for future prodding.....

Old 05-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #346
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I saved that spot because I think I see a fun opportunity for Kuric to be hasty and not think things through very well.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #347
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I posted. I hope it works. It's still fairly open what could happen.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #348
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great post mormegil! It looks like our little band of missfits will be off and running very soon!

I've been noticing that my character has taken control of the defenders and has been leading them. I think that I shall lay low for awhile and let some of ya'll lead the group instead of Gorin.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #349
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Man, I am a miserable excuse for a game owner. You guys are so awesome for keeping this going.

I'll read up and try to get back into things, following you guys' guidance as to where the game is going, so you at least have another player, unless you'd rather I stay out rather than coming back again. ><

Sorry x a million.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #350
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Never mind, Durelin - RL happens. I'm just glad to see you back.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #351
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Man, I am a miserable excuse for a game owner. You guys are so awesome for keeping this going.

I'll read up and try to get back into things, following you guys' guidance as to where the game is going, so you at least have another player, unless you'd rather I stay out rather than coming back again. ><
Hurrah, it's great to have you back, Durelin!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #352
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks Lommy and Groin! Goodness, is Kuric attempting to charge at the Wargs?

I have an excellent idea, if you do not mind if Kuric runs into Parkun or Toby instead of/before any wargs, morm.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #353
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, I have a post that will have the defenders searching for Kuric. Should I put it up or wait for a little while?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #354
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I posted. So I did something crazy I had been planning (Firefoot and I had been planning from the beginning that there would be internal treachery of some sort). If it's too crazy, let me know and I will completely edit my post.

I hope my post doesn't interfere with yours, Groin, but I don't think it should. Let me know though.

There are so many possibilities from here. They can realize Parkun is acting strange, and get the real story out of him. Or we can go ahead with the ambush, but something goes wrong on the wargs end.

Or we can go ahead with the ambush as normal...if there are only five-six wargs total, and Toby is still alive and gets free to fight and if Parkun decides to switch sides again, they're certainly outnumbered.

Or, we can have the party continue tracking the wounded warg...who I am about to add to my post, or who can return to his pack in a later post.

Or, anything else you'd like to see happen.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #355
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My goodness! This is absolutely wonderful stuff Durelin! I say that we realize that Parkun is acting strange, but never entirely suspect his treachery until it is too late. Great job Durelin!

I'll get my post up right away.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #356
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yay! Very glad it's approved at the moment.

Added a brief edit to the end, back with the Wargs. I went back and looked at Pio's work with wargs/wolves in 'Wolf Run', so I give much credit to her for inspiration and more...especially for the names.

Yeah, this game was kinda-sorta supposed to be like a sequel to Wolf Run.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #357
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Durelin, Kuric has a giant mace not an axe. I noticed you said he had an axe in your post. Anyway, so if I understand correctly, Toby and Parkun were together and Parkun betrayed Toby and the others and is now trying to have the wargs feast on all of us? Well Kuric will be conflicted because he wants to help but he is a bit dim witted and will think that continuing forward to kill the wargs he heard is the best way to help.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 AM   #358
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ooh! Action and treachery!

If Parkun is being very unnormal, maybe someone should suspect treachery but banish the dark thought or not be porperly listened to, so it's kind of same if no one really suspected anything. Personally, I think it should be someone the others don't take 100% seriously. Orin would be perfect, but it would be uncharacteristic of him to suspect treachery. Maybe Lea? Or the poor Hobbit no one is listening to?

I will post some time this week for sure.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #359
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Agh, sorry morm, very stupid of me! Will edit immediately.

And yeah, Parkun's a nasty sort.

Parkun's not an evil mastermind - he's freaking out, and will be until it's all over, one way or another, so I think it's definitely noticable. Then again, if he's seen a warg attack Toby, and somehow narrowly escaped being attacked himself, his freaking out could be attributed to that. Of course another thing the others might be skeptical of is how he escaped unharmed.

Yeah, having the person who really suspects something be someone the others won't necessarily take seriously or listen to is a good idea.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #360
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It seems a shame to let all this good healthy momentum go to wast. If nobody else wants to make a post I'll catch us up to Kuric. However, I'm most interested in seeing how your characters react to this new twist that Durelin has made up! I'll wait a couple days before I get my post in, that gives you guys time if you want to make one.