The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #401
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If we don't want to go with skip, Ozban still looks like a good bet to me. And his lynch could tell us something about others, perhaps, namely skip and Eönwë.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #402
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'd prefer Skip to Steve or Ozzy, but I'm guessing that those three are our pack (wild guess, but a guess nonetheless) so I'd be okay with any of them.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #403
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
I'm not finding anyone more likely. Only that Wilwa's vote baffles me.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #404
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Skip, take it down a notch and be sensible. We can't believe you just like that, and I believe we'd all benefit if you'd try to explain yourself once more, because you - are - not - making - sense. You're starting to look cobbler to me, but the problem is that a cobbler taking desperate measures to save themselves doesn't make sense.

EDIT: x-ed with a host
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #405
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I'd prefer Skip to Steve or Ozzy, but I'm guessing that those three are our pack (wild guess, but a guess nonetheless) so I'd be okay with any of them.
I've been thinking along the same crazy lines, actually, though I'm not convinced in the slightest. I doubt we'll find a likelier wolf candidate than Skip though, the way he's going.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #406
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Skip, take it down a notch and be sensible. We can't believe you just like that, and I believe we'd all benefit if you'd try to explain yourself once more, because you - are - not - making - sense. You're starting to look cobbler to me, but the problem is that a cobbler taking desperate measures to save themselves doesn't make sense.
That's the problem. Skip's ploy doesn't make a lot of sense from any angle, but it's even more bizarre to have been a Cobbler stunt. If he's the Cobbler, I don't see why he didn't just take the lynch for the wolves.

x/d with Greenie

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-12-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #407
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If we vote the hunter and they choose someone innocent we've lost the game. If they choose a Wolf, we have two more Days, I believe, in order to catch one.

If we vote someone else and they're an Ordo, just two separate votes from innocents toMorrow will seal our fate. If we vote a Wolf, we have two more Days, I think.

So do we go for Skip or Wilwa, or do we go for someone else entirely?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #408
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
That's the problem. Skip's ploy doesn't make a lot of sense from any angle, but it's even more bizzare to have been a Cobbler stunt. If he's the Cobbler, I don't see why he didn't just take the lynch for the wolves.
Exactly. I see most sense in a Skippywolf doing that than an innocent or a cobbler. Not convinced, though.

EDIT: x-ed with Steve
Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #409
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
the problem is that a cobbler taking desperate measures to save themselves doesn't make sense.
But a wolf making desperate steps would make sense.

If Skip is a wolf and pulled himself out from the lynch yesterDay with that hunter-impression he had to come up with something toDay - later the Day - when wilwa had counter-revealed and it started looking that maybe more people tended to trust wilwa than him. And that is a nice plan indeed - and makes sense.

EDIT: X'd with a few
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #410
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All that I will add is that the wolves (and the cobbler who'll probably hold his/her vote until very late) can afford to vote together today if they have to, but if one more innocent votes for another person than those who have votes already, namely Green and Lottie, they don't have to and they win. So, again, don't spread your votes, fellow ordos! We're as good as dead, but there's still a slim hope...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #411
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
That's what made sense yesterday I mean if Skip is the cobbler and wouldn't know the wolves. Unless he was outright sure about his judgement that Legate was not a wolf and then threatened Inzil into not voting for him.

However the cobbler can be a giant mess in the voting the last days when it's this tight. And by really unexpectedly fighting to not get lynched he's done just that today.

Argh, even if we get the cobbler today it's still a must kill wolf situation tomorrow. Almost seems like prolonging the inevitable. Or we just go out all for broke today, go for someone else if it's a wolf we get ourselves a bit more time (2 wolves, 6 innocents - including hunter and cobbler). If we're wrong then well we're wrong and this game ends. Drag out this seemingly long torture or go all or nothing?

Edit: crossed with a bunch
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #412
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

There is hardly anyone 100% convinced. And there is hardly any way to do so now in such a short time. I shall vote with the majority. That seems only thing reasonable in this whole situation. Decide yourself, I'm gonna grab something to drink. Be right back.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #413
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But a wolf making desperate steps would make sense.

If Skip is a wolf and pulled himself out from the lynch yesterDay with that hunter-impression he had to come up with something toDay - later the Day - when wilwa had counter-revealed and it started looking that maybe more people tended to trust wilwa than him. And that is a nice plan indeed - and makes sense.
Exactly. It's still kind of insane but certainly makes more sense than an innocent doing that. Or a cobbler.

EDIT: x-ed with Skip, Boro and Ozzy
Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #414
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
All that I will add is that the wolves (and the cobbler who'll probably hold his/her vote until very late) can afford to vote together today if they have to, but if one more innocent votes for another person than those who have votes already, namely Green and Lottie, they don't have to and they win. So, again, don't spread your votes, fellow ordos! We're as good as dead, but there's still a slim hope...
I fear he might actually be right.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #415
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
Random thought: This dismalism is pretty much only used by Skip and Ozzy. It's possibe that the wolves are so sure of their victory, that they think the innocents are, too - so they're trying not to seem confident and excited, but unconfident and depressed. Just a thought.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #416
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
But skip is saying that we must vote for Lottie or Greenie. More manipulation?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #417
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
You seem awfully sure that the ones who voted for me and Lottie were doing the right thing. I can say for myself that voting me was stupid. I don't think Lottie is a wolf though for all I know she could be. I'd rather vote you.

Besides, if one of the votes already given is by a wolf (meaning you), it means we still have seven people to vote, only two of whom are wolves. It would be a mistake to believe the lynch is settled, or that it has to be either me or Lottie, because the case is anything but that.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #418
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This is when I really need wilwa around. Innocent or not, refuse to trust Skip's judgement, and I'm wary of what Lottie and Nog have to do in all this...

I was going to I'd trust what Ozban wanted, but it seems like he also is stuck and confused as I am. At this point my heads scrabbled. I haven't given the look at Greenie today like I wanted, and now it's probably late. I usually have an excellent read on Zil and I've had an innocent feeling through most of this game...so Zil, your last ideas here about what you want t do? (Sorry if I missed it and you have to repeat it. There's been so much hectic cross posting)
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #419
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Oh, and the cobbler is still out there, but can we assume the cobbler knows who the wolves are and can vote with them?

EDIT: x-ed with Boro
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #420
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I think my first preference might be skip, with Ozban a very close second.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #421
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Could we get enough people to vote Skip? He's our best bet I'd say. I'll vote Lottie to avoid getting lynched myself if I have to, but I don't find her all that suspicious, but like I said I'd prefer Skip.

EDIT: x-ed with Inzil
Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #422
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Could we get enough people to vote Skip? He's our best bet I'd say. I'll vote Lottie to avoid getting lynched myself if I have to, but I don't find her all that suspicious, but like I said I'd prefer Skip.
I think we could. I'd vote him. I don't suspect you, either, and I absolutely don't trust skip.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #423
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Arg! now Holland is destroying Sweden too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
You seem awfully sure that the ones who voted for me and Lottie were doing the right thing.
I'm not sure that you and Lottie are wolves. I'm pretty certain.

I was just stating the stone cold truth. There are three wolves and a cobbler out there and they will vote together if they have to (if the cobbler isn't stupid which I doubt) because they have nothing to lose from it if they get an innocent. Then they win. That makes four votes. If they all vote me (which I find certain at this point) the remaining three ordos must vote for the same person, you Greenie or Lottie, to force a draw. Then we ordos might get lucky with the coin-toss.

It is possible that one or both of you are innocent, but I highly doubt it.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #424
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
I was just stating the stone cold truth. There are three wolves and a cobbler out there and they will vote together if they have to (if the cobbler isn't stupid which I doubt) because they have nothing to lose from it if they get an innocent. then they win. That makes four votes. If they all vote me (which I find all but certain at this point) the remaining three ordos must vote for the same person, you Greenie or Lottie, to force a draw. Then we ordos might get lucky with the coin-toss.

It is possible that one or both of you are innocent, but I highly doubt it.
Unless you're a wolf, meaning that we only have two wolves and a cobbler to vote, as opposed to four ordos.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #425
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay. Now back for the rest of the Day.

And this is just crazy.

Skip's maths probably work - in case he is an innocent and there are four evil-intended votes to come. But if he's not an innocent - and a wolf - and happy with the choices... that would be his best bet to kind of force us to lynch an innocent.

But even if there were four votes to come it is not the end of the game. I'm not sure if the wolves would be too happy to vote in concerto toDay as they'd still need to manage it toMorrow...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #426
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I'd suggest voting sooner rather than later. Last-minute voting flurries often end up with cross-posting and confusion. It'd be better, I think, to vote together now (or soon) instead of right at DL.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #427
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Thing is Zil I think Skip is the cobbler and Ozban, well I'm feeling better about than some others so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think we could. I'd vote him. I don't suspect you, either, and I absolutely don't trust skip.
I don't trust Skip because I think he's the cobbler. I don't trust you in all this because weren't you the one who came in after Day 1 to say you tried to look like the seer? I thought "Makes sense I've tried that before," but now not that sure.

So, the likely cobbler-Skip or a shot in the dark for a chance at a wolf? Cobbler would still put us in a desperate situation tomorrow. I'm going all or nothing and not putting my head through another desperate situation the next day.

++Lottie

Either a wolf where tomorrow we can regather and relax from this psychotic day today or innocent and in that case it's over.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #428
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Ack, since I'm pretty sure Skip is a wolf and can't say that about anyone else - and if I'm right and he's a wolf we still have more innocent than evil votes to come. Besides, we can't afford a last-minute voting chaos now.

++ Skip

EDIT: x-ed with Lottie and Boro - ouch, if Boro is innocent we're goners..
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #429
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Unless you're a wolf, meaning that we only have two wolves and a cobbler to vote, as opposed to four ordos.
Yes obviously. I'm aware that the ordos don't know that I'm not a wolf, unfortunately. But I know the truth. And I'm sure you do too.

But think of me as a wolf as an experiment. Who would my fellows be?

Then think of me as an innocent. Who would attack me?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #430
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

To me then...

It could be Lottie whom I have suspected a long time now and whom we have failed to lynch thus far.

It could be Skip whose acts toDay look wolvish - or at least suicidal-cobblerish.

Of others I'm not too sure about.

EDIT: X'd with two votes...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #431
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

All right. I guess someone has to take the plunge.

There doesn't seem to be any support for going after Ozban, and neither Greenie nor Lottie look as bad as skip.

++skip

x/d with Boro, Greenie, skip, and Nog

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-12-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: corrected x/post list
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #432
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But think of me as a wolf as an experiment. Who would my fellows be?
Steve and Ozzy.

Quote:
Then think of me as an innocent. Who would attack me?
If you were an innocent, you wouldn't have acted this way. At least, I don't think you would have. Because, you see, for an innocent, this is insane.

++Skip
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #433
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay. Now back for the rest of the Day.

And this is just crazy.

Skip's maths probably work - in case he is an innocent and there are four evil-intended votes to come. But if he's not an innocent - and a wolf - and happy with the choices... that would be his best bet to kind of force us to lynch an innocent.

But even if there were four votes to come it is not the end of the game. I'm not sure if the wolves would be too happy to vote in concerto toDay as they'd still need to manage it toMorrow...
Nogrod, the cobbler can sit back, wait and follow the wolves lead. They'd know each other toMorrow and be 4 against 3. It would be the end.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #434
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Ozzy and Nogrod, now I know you are innocent. Go for Lottie!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #435
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Nogrod, the cobbler can sit back, wait and follow the wolves lead. They'd know each other toMorrow and be 4 against 3. It would be the end.
How can you be so sure in your pessimistic scenario that the cobbler will see who the wolves are?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #436
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
At the moment, I'm thinking either Boro or Nog is the cobbler, and I'm leaning towards Boro. Thought you ought to know.

Also, don't vote me. Mkay?

EDIT: x'd with Greenie
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #437
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Hold on, I miscounted, didn't I? There's still one baddie out there.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #438
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
How can you be so sure in your pessimistic scenario that the cobbler will see who the wolves are?
Well, it's not that hard to tell at the moment...just follow Skip's lead, ala Boro - who, you'll recall, wanted us to ignore Skip instead of lynching him.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #439
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

+ + Skip

Hope you're not ordo, you scared puppy.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #440
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Ozzy and Nogrod, now I know you are innocent. Go for Lottie!
How do you "know" they are innocent? Because they haven't voted for you? Has it crossed your mind at all that an innocent might find your actions alarming too?

EDIT: x-ed since my last