The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #401
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
If Pitch pulls through (wow, I did not expect to say that when I was still aLive...), our vote would make four--so the wolves would need both an Innocent AND the Cobbler to break a tie (assuming of course that we're not so foolish to empower a later voter).

Nilp being MIA cuts both ways there...
Old 06-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #402
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
WHERE is Nilp? If Brinn and Rikae vote with the wolves, we NEED him.
He messaged me when the BD was down (that's how I knew to check) and said that he unfortunately really needed to get some sleep (it was after all like 2 am for him). He said he would set an alarm, but no promises of course.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #403
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Uhhh Rikae and Brinn and Nilp. Does Mac really look so suspicious to you that he should reasonably garner such a big chunk of the village suspicion?
Ugh.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #404
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Hold up. I'm one of your top suspects??

Brain... whirling.
Yeah, didn't Brinn think Greenie dreamed Shasta innocent?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #405
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
He messaged me when the BD was down (that's how I knew to check) and said that he unfortunately really needed to get some sleep (it was after all like 2 am for him). He said he would set an alarm, but no promises of course.
Ahhhh. Well, hopefully the alarm works.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #406
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
No way is Mac innocent. He just listed Shasta as "bad" after saying earlier toDay that my list made Shasta look like a dreamed innocent. How are they not picking up on this?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #407
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
No way is Mac innocent. He just listed Shasta as "bad" after saying earlier toDay that my list made Shasta look like a dreamed innocent. How are they not picking up on this?
Right?????
Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #408
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Brinn is stepping to the dark side... Rikae is there already.

So we need Nilp.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #409
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I'm off to pick up supper, so I'll be dark 20-25 minutes, but I'll be back.

...not that I think we're going to need to reconsider Shasta as our voice, though it may end up futile, even so.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #410
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Actually. If the wolves pick - or are aided to pick - Shasta as their forerunner, we'd have all the reasons to empower him!

A new tradition: The Dead Thread empowers the one villagers wrongly lynch.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #411
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I can't believe Brinn is buying this.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #412
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Actually. If the wolves pick - or are aided to pick - Shasta as their forerunner, we'd have all the reasons to empower him!

Gotta stay true to form.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #413
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

I am very much loving every minute of this past hour. This is great
Old 06-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #414
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

If they kill Shasta/Sally toDay, whoever of Brinn and Rikae is innocent will (hopefully ) realize they're on the wrong side and swap over. Someone else probably dies toNight, leaving four evils and three innocents, plus a Medium vote. It'll be a race to vote.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #415
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I am very much loving every minute of this past hour. This is great
I feel you.

The previous game was also hilarious from the Mod's POV. The only sad thing is that you can't actually share your laughs with anyone but need to hold them with you.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #416
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If Brinniel is a wolf, empower Kath.
If Kath is a wolf, empower Lommy.
If Macalaure is a wolf, empower Pitch.
If Pitch is a wolf, empower Mac.
If Rikae is a wolf, empower Brinniel.
If Sally is a wolf, empower Nilp.
If Shasta is a wolf, empower Sally.
If Nilp is a wolf, empower Shasta.
If Lommy is a wolf, empower Rikae.
Is this the list they were expecting us to use? If so, and if Pitch does follow through and vote Mac, I think he might be our best shot. If not, I'm all for empowering Shasta and trusting them to figure out that Nilp isn't actually a wolf. Though probably shouldn't take that for granted in this game
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 06-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #417
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I don't think the news that Mac is a wolf will surprise anyone no matter what happens. Either he dies and is a wolf, or an innocent dies and everyone knows who the wolves are. At this point, I don't think we can pass them any information that they shouldn't already know.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #418
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Is this the list they were expecting us to use? If so, and if Pitch does follow through and vote Mac, I think he might be our best shot. If not, I'm all for empowering Shasta and trusting them to figure out that Nilp isn't actually a wolf. Though probably shouldn't take that for granted in this game
Because there are several lists, it will be a matter of contention toMorrow anyway. So I'd just ignore it. The wolves will use any version of the list that suits their purposes whatever we do.

And Shasta's vote is also the earliest possible, if it comes to that being important.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:22 PM   #419
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Pitch should make his vote official asap, and hope Nilp gets here. Otherwise, as soon as Brinn votes, the wolves + cobbler will slam on that vote within seconds and win the tiebreaker.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #420
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Pitch should make his vote official asap, and hope Nilp gets here. Otherwise, as soon as Brinn votes, the wolves + cobbler will slam on that vote within seconds and win the tiebreaker.
YESSSSSSSS well done Pitch!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #421
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's suddenly oddly quiet in there. You can "hear" the brains working on overload in different parts of the planet.

The calm before the storm.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #422
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

YESSSSS A+ WORK Pitch!!!!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #423
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Just waiting for Nilp now. Or for Brinn to see the light.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #424
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I don't think the news that Mac is a wolf will surprise anyone no matter what happens. Either he dies and is a wolf, or an innocent dies and everyone knows who the wolves are. At this point, I don't think we can pass them any information that they shouldn't already know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Because there are several lists, it will be a matter of contention toMorrow anyway. So I'd just ignore it. The wolves will use any version of the list that suits their purposes whatever we do.

And Shasta's vote is also the earliest possible, if it comes to that being important.
Fair enough on both counts. So empowering Shasta then?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #425
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Imagine if Nilp shows up and insists Mac can't be a wolf because he didn't get Night killed that one time.

Greenie - Yes, I think we might as well make Shasta our Medium. He deserves it.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #426
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Fair enough on both counts. So empowering Shasta then?
Probably yes.

If you need to go to sleep, I think you can go. But can you sleep at this situation?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #427
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Imagine if Nilp shows up and insists Mac can't be a wolf because he didn't get Night killed that one time.
Oh my God I can actually see that happening.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #428
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

There's the Rikae vote. Interesting that our suspected cobbler starts it off.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #429
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If you need to go to sleep, I think you can go. But can you sleep at this situation?
Don't think so somehow
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #430
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Oh dear [deleted expletives]! Don't even think that!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #431
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
That is sooo possible!

Let's hope he believes more strongly to the Greenie-reading that Shasta is innocent.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #432
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way three innocents just randomly decided to make a bandwagon against Mac.
Randomly? Lommy, pay attention!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #433
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way three innocents just randomly decided to make a bandwagon against Mac.

EDIT: X'd, naturally.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #434
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Also it's kind of frustrating to be a dead Seer when no one actually pays any attention to what I said before I died
Old 06-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #435
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
While I don't want to split the vote up too much I have no interest in voting Shasta.
THANK GOODNESS. If Brinn and Rikae don't vote the same way, we won't need Nilp's vote after all. The wolves are going to try to convince her to vote Shasta, though.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #436
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Agreed, but I don't think all of them are wolves either.

While I don't want to split the vote up too much I have no interest in voting Shasta.
Listen to that little voice, Brinn!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:34 PM   #437
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Also it's kind of frustrating to be a dead Seer when no one actually pays any attention to what I said before I died

That's actually pretty sad.

Also for the Village's sake in general.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:34 PM   #438
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Go Brinn! Go! Trust your instincts!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #439
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
“Anyway, it’s best not to think about them, as if you do it makes the discussions with the other lawyers, all their advice and all that they do manage to achieve, seem so unpleasant and useless, I had that experience myself, just wanted to throw everything away and lay at home in bed and hear nothing more about it. But that, of course, would be the stupidest thing you could do, and you wouldn’t be left in peace in bed for very long either.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial

"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #440
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Go Brinn! Go! Trust your instincts!
She's so close to doing the right thing!