The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #721
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Earlier you were trying to use my position on Kent as an argument for my guilt. So which is it: a hunch or an argument?
Both. A hunch, and that seemed to support it.

A vote count! The number behind the votee indicates total number of votes given at that time, bonus included, by the way.

Nilp-->Sally (5)
Green-->Sally
Kent-->Nilp (3)
Lari-->Kent (3)
Sally-->Kent
Fea-->Sally
Form-->Nilp (3)

Which brings the total to Sally (7), Nilp (6), Kent (4)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #722
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
(Meta: laptop battery's dying, so this'll be the last from me, at least for toDay)

--Kent

++Nilp (4)

Nilp 11
Sally 7
Kent 3

Village, good luck no matter what you do. Good night.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #723
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Both. A hunch, and that seemed to support it.
It's hardly a "crappy" hunch if you have an argument to support it, metthinks.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #724
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nilp -> Sally(4). 5
Greenie -> Sally. 6
Kent -> Nilp(2). 3
Lari -> Kent(2). 3
Sally ->Kent. 4
Fea -> Sally. 7
Form -> Nilp(2). 6

Sally - 7
Nilp - 6
Kent - 4

You mean you'll follow Form's vote because it will save you, Sally?

Izzy - She's speaking sense today, but with Kent revealed innocent, I'm unsure whether to think she's a sensible innocent or a sensible wolf. Voting priority - 4.

Sally - From her slips near the beginning of the game and her willingness to follow other people here near the end game, I'm really thinking she's a good wolf/vampire candidate. Voting priority - 1.

Lari - Is suspicious of me even though she hasn't been around too much. I'd need to see more of her to formulate an opinion. Voting priority - 3.

Greenie - I suspected her early on, and I haven't seen an awful lot to change my mind, but she speaks sense. I don't want to vote her. Voting priority - 6.

Gwath - I feel pretty confident of his guilt based on what I've said the past couple days. However, he's nowhere close to being executed today, and Sally, whom I suspect almost as much, is a possibility for execution. Voting priority - 2.

Nilp - I think he's innocent, but Form apparently sees something and was dreaming him last night. I'm not going to vote him today, though. Voting priority - 5.

So in the following order...

Sally
Gwath
Lari
Izzy
Nilp
Greenie

...meaning I'll probably be voting Sally today.

Edit; X'ed with everything on this page.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #725
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
It's hardly a "crappy" hunch if you have an argument to support it, metthinks.
Good to know you're okay with me wanting to lynch you?

Really going now. Sleep well, dear village.

~~Sally~~
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #726
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
My apologies, by the way, Kent. I really did think you were evil, nothing personal, of course.
Nothing to forgive. If my combative attitude has come off mean, I am a naturally intense person, that's something I have to work on. The weakness that appeared most in the Evals filled out by students was I need to smile and relax more.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #727
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Nothing to forgive. If my combative attitude has come off mean, I am a naturally intense person, that's something I have to work on. The weakness that appeared most in the Evals filled out by students was I need to smile and relax more.
Meh, I've just been out of it so I've not really been myself either. It happens.

Gah, really really going now. I know, I'm silly.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #728
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Good to know you're okay with me wanting to lynch you?
My point was that you have not held a consistent position regarding your suspicion of me. First you said that I looked suspicious for changing my mind about Kent (which I did not do). Then you said you had a crappy hunch. THEN you said you had a hunch which was supported by good arguments. It looks to me like you can't keep your own story straight.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #729
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
My point was that you have not held a consistent position regarding your suspicion of me. First you said that I looked suspicious for changing my mind about Kent (which I did not do). Then you said you had a crappy hunch. THEN you said you had a hunch which was supported by good arguments. It looks to me like you can't keep your own story straight.
Maybe I'm fooled by the straight forwardness, because this is my first go, but I trust Sally's innocent claims. Even though she has been all over the place with you, this last two hours have seen a big burst of activity and right now what you are reading might look like an evil Sally, but in a few hours or maybe the next day when you read over it again, you might think 'wow where did I get that interpretation?'

Anyway I think my point is, you are not in any trouble of getting lynched today, I admit to becoming significantly less confident about your innocence, but there several things to believe you are innocent, and maybe you and Sally are having your senses skewed by the crazy last couple hours.

I think it would be a mistake to lynch her or you today, the difference is you are not in trouble, she still is.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #730
Kent2010
Wight

(+2) to Nilp
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #731
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Yeah, MAYBE.

EDIT: Crossed with Kent 1x
Old 04-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #732
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I think it would be a mistake to lynch her or you today, the difference is you are not in trouble, she still is.
Yeah, but if she's evil, we WANT her to be in trouble.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #733
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm not sure if Kent needed to seal Nilp's fate like that, but it makes my vote summarily worthless.

++Gwathagor
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #734
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Well, whatever, I'm voting my mind.

++Sally
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #735
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Sally(4)
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #736
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
I'm not sure if Kent needed to seal Nilp's fate like that, but it makes my vote summarily worthless.
-Shasta
I just wanted to use all mine and not let Thuringwethil steal my last two away.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #737
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Yeah, same here.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #738
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

+2 to Sally

Edit: Blast. After the deadline.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #739
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mkay, enough with the posting for now.

Sally is dead. She was an ordo.

Shasta's vote doesn't count because a) it was after deadline and b) you can't add bonus votes for someone you didn't vote for.

Narration will be up sometime tomorrow since Mira is about to keel over from sleepiness.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #740
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Um, my actual vote was for Gwath at 11:59. Don't modkill me because I failed to add bonus votes!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #741
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Your vote for Gwath counts, just not the bonus votes for sally. So no worries.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #742
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The group of Downers was beginning to get hostile. Insults were tossed around like rotten fruit at a bad comedy show. Things were said that were less than nice. Had there been small animals around, they probably would have gotten kicked.

Kent was beginning to get on people's nerves. A few votes were thrown out for him, some retracted.

Shasta and Izzy chimed in right as the clock struck deadline, sealing poor sally's fate.

"Why does everyone want me dead?!" Sally cried, shielding her head instinctively. "I'm just an ordo!"

An icy chill swept through the room as sally fell the the ground with a deadish thud. The others watched intently, waiting for an indication that she was evil. No such sign came, however. Another innocent was dead.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #743
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In the dark of the Night the villagers slept uneasily. Most were unsettled by the relative silence of the Day. There was one, however, that could not seek refuge in the solace of slumber. Form, plagued by the dreams he had been having, stumbled around in the dark. He knew he had little time left and was attempting to figure out how to make the most of what he did have.

His reverie was about to be interrupted, however. The form of a villager possessed by one of the evil sprits was also awake. Form didn't hear a thing as the old fashioned candlestick holder was raised above his head and brought down with a sickening thud. As his body fell to the ground, an orb of blue light detached itself from his physical form and disappeared into the space where the portal to the other world had been.

Form had been telling the truth. The spirit of Luthien had been sent back to its rightful plane. The village had lost another member.

THE LIVING
  • Fea (6)
  • Green (10)
  • Gwath (10)
  • Izzy (4)
  • Kent (0)
  • Lari (5)
  • Nilp (3)
  • Shasta (10)

THE DEAD
  • Nienna (10) (Ordo, Day 1 lynch)
  • Aganzir (9) (Ordo, Night 2 kill)
  • Alonariel (10) (Ordo, modfire)
  • Firefoot (10) (Ordo, Night 3 kill)
  • Nogrod (5) (Ordo, Day 3 lynch)
  • Kuruharan (0) (Beren, Day 2 lynch)
  • Brinniel (0) (Grima, Night 4 kill)
  • Sally (6) (Ordo, Day 4 lynch)
  • Formendacil (0) (Luthien, Night 5 kill)

Score: 5-3

Last edited by Mirandir; 04-20-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Epic fail.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #744
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think the Vampire killed Form last Night.
Which, if we make it to toMorrow. We will know whom the Vampire is and thus have an automatic voting target.
Bad news about that, they've five extra bonus votes.

The other good news, is that the next two Nights the Vampire can not thwart Finrod.
The other other good news - of course I'm choosing to look on the bright side of this seeming dismal situation - is that we now know the vote sucking has occurred, so we don't have to worry about losing our votes.

I think it imperative that we lynch ourselves a Wolf toDay.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #745
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

If Green, Gwath, and Shasta are our Wolves, then it's game over already.

End our misery, then.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #746
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Oh, and Form voted for me, which must mean something.

DAY 4 vote list in next post.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #747
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think part of the reason he voted for you was because his dream of you was blocked by Brin.

Why would it be game over?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #748
Kent2010
Wight

Form's votes have been taken by Thuringwethil, not to be bleak, but it's game over. Unless someone can devise a plan to use our remaining bonus votes, to prevent Thuringwethil from altering the outcome, and still have enough bonus to take out the two other baddies the next two days, this one's over.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #749
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Do you think the wolves would be bold and openly put all of their bonus votes towards another just to lynch them?

Let alone confident that they've got the game in the bag?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #750
Kent2010
Wight

Well two of you are already revealed, there's no use in hiding it Isabellyka - you and Nilp being baddies that is.

The question is which is the devious third at the end of voting yesterday - Gwath or Shasta?

Edit: Shasta is supposed to be bolded, there's no special code. I'm just tired and have to be at work in an hour, and will leave him italicized.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #751
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nilp and Izzy are revealed baddies?

How so?

It looks like you are going purely off of voting yesterDay.

Shall I echo yesterDay? Perhaps rereading the entire game thread would remind you that I'd thought Sally suspicious since Day two.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #752
Kent2010
Wight

There are only 6 unknowns left

Nilp
Isabellyka
Shasta
Gwath
Lariren
Greenie

Three of you have to be wolves. Greenie is not one, no debate open there. There was a clear effort halfway through yesterday to deflect the votes away from Nilp and go after Sally. You leading the way with 4 bonus, and to expect me to throw that out the window because you were suspicious of Sally since Day 2 is not going to happen.

Like I said, I already know two of you, and from this post forth, I will say no more to either of you, because the rest of the innocents, with all your bonus votes, we have to think of some way to get out of this, if there even is an escape.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #753
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Tolkien

Sorry for the delayed vote list, but this just popped into my head.

Anyone who can hold their votes until close to the deadline, do so.

I will think well of you for that.

The baddies would normally look for the first stone cast, and then build up on it.

If they have somehow used their bonus votes, and do not yet command a majority, then let's not give them the chance.

If they already command the majority then let them enjoy being known victorious baddies.

That is all.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 04-21-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: and the build -> and *then* build
Old 04-21-2009, 01:31 AM   #754
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why is Greenie not a wolf?

If I didn't have the villages best interest in mind, I would vote you purely for the reason that you are being closed minded to reason and logic. You see one thing, quickly assume what has to be the only "logical" answer, then completely tune everything else out.

A clear effort to deflect votes away from Nilp? Why would I deflect votes away from him?
I never said for you to throw anything out.
Yes, I did vote for Sally. As I said I would. As I have done for the past three Days. Why would I not vote for someone I was suspicious of?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #755
Kent2010
Wight

Ok I take back, not responding, but after this no more responding to you, I swear. Whoever said Grima blocked Form's ability that one night? That is what we both said happened, but is that what actually happened? Check the Luthien rules if you are confused.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #756
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Form said his dream was blocked, why would he lie?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #757
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye

The DAY 4 vote list (times are in GMT+8, known innocents are underlined):

08:12 Nilp - Sally (+4)
Sally - 5

04:41 Green - Sally
Sally - 6

05:24 Kent - Nilp (+4)
Sally - 6, Nilp - 5

09:19 Lari - Kent (+2)
Sally - 6, Nilp - 5, Kent - 3

09:40 Sally - Kent
Sally - 6, Nilp - 5, Kent - 4

10:10 Fea - Sally
Sally - 7, Nilp - 5, Kent - 4

11:56 Form - Nilp (+2)
Sally - 7, Nilp - 8, Kent - 4

12:34 Sally - Nilp (+4) (from Kent)
Sally - 7, Nilp - 13, Kent - 3

12:59 Shasta - Gwath
Sally - 7, Nilp - 13, Kent - 3, Gwath - 1

12:59 Gwath - Sally
Sally - 8, Nilp - 13, Kent - 3, Gwath - 1

01:00 Izzy - Sally (+4)
Sally - 13, Nilp - 13, Kent - 3, Gwath - 1
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #758
Kent2010
Wight

To protect the person he transmitted the dream silly.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #759
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Uhhh huh. Why would he of not used it this last Night? Knowing he was most likely going to die? To extract one more dream.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #760
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420!

I was so lazy I even forgot to put bullets and group crossvotes.

Is Shasta a known innocent? Cos I'm highly suspicious of him.

(Will do a more thorough reading of yesterDAY's posts now.)