The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #481
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just a few comments while reading.

Bonus Votes.
This talk about it not being sensible to use them unless certain the person being voted for is guilty.

We would all like to believe that we alone possess all of the control over the allotted votes we were given. False.
We can be forced into using them by others' actions. See, not always under the thumb of our control.

If you aren't going to use your bonus votes, until you are supremely sure of your choice - then what happens when everyone else is using the weight of two votes versus your one? It isn't the same scenario as previous games.

I'm not liking the interactions between Gwath and Sally. At this point in time, I will probably be voting for Sally again toDay.
Usually, she is very confident in most every thing she says - or she appears supremely confident in her words. This game, she quite frequently self doubts and fishes.

Nog, I only gave Sally three votes yesterDay. One regular and two bonus.

*Won't follow the animated corpse of Kuru around like a lemming*
*though will heed advice of suspecting everyone* xD

When am I not under the radar? Even when I do bold things, I'm under the radar.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #482
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Further on bonus votes.
We should have all come to a collective agreement in the beginning. Ha!
Use one regular and two bonus votes a Day. Would've spread everything out equally for a five Day game. xD
Equal weight.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #483
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Cool down Brinn, this is only a game. And you know I love you: this is pretty straightforwards, no sarcasm or smilies included.

It's only that in this game I have reasons to believe you have a role of a baddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I'm actually tempted to use all of my bonus votes on you toDay just to prove I'm not "disinterested" and "safe." But even if you are a wolf, what good would that be for the village?
Now this is interesting. If you would manage to bag a wolf - what good would that be?
*Ponders about it: what good would there be of lynching a wolf toDay? Hard to see... what good would there be? *

Quote:
Someone mentioned that forcing everyone to use their bonus votes may prove disastrous if innocents feel pressured to use them on someone they don't strongly suspect just so they don't get lynched.
The baddies will probably kill those innocents with the most votes left by Nights (see Firefoot with ten votes). Also they would like to keep their votes to themselves if they need not use them - and they, unlike us - know when they need to use them. And remember that Thuringwethil may suck ten votes from an innocent the Night before the baddies decide to make their final attack if there is one. Then they will have 40-50 votes to spend on one Day which we innocents can never stand up against.

What to do?

Lynch those with ten votes - or create a general feeling that those having ten votes are the ones in the line for the gallows. Then the wolves need to discharge their votes and - especially if we get one toDay - then we may be able to breathe once more a little.

Those with ten votes are not an asset to the village, they are a threat. They may think in their individual potholes that they are the fighters for freedom but they are the harbringers of doom in many senses.

Just think there are three romantic heroes around with ten votes. One gets killed by Thurnigwethil and her/his ten extra votes are in the possession of the baddies the next Day. Then the two remaining ten-voters disagree with each other who's the wolf and vote different people. That's it. We lose. The wolves know to concentrate their votes on the "right target", we don't.

The extra votes are a threat, not an asset. The extra-votes work for the baddies, not for the village, notwithstanding how important you would feel yourself to be armed with a host of extra-votes to save yourself or to make the genious saving vote for the village. You will not be given that chance. How many times do I need to say this?

You're like these guys with a metal objects in their pocket thinking you will protect yourself and all of the others here heroically when your neighbours have those objects as well. But when some of your neighbours bring forwards a F-16 they have built together from their objects, it's over forbyou individuals only having the pieces in your hand.

But if you take off the supplies form all, then you stand a chance for a fair fist-fight.

Sorry, this romantic ideal of individuals fighting off the evil as loners doesn't work here any more than it does in reality. The baddies work as a collective and they can decide on the spot with all the knowledgwe and communication between themselves how to use their votes. We can't.

Quote:
As for me, I worry I might waste my votes by letting emotion cloud my judgment. Right now I can't tell if I'm suspicious of you because I'm suspicious or if I find you suspicious because I'm angry with you.
Calm down, will you? If you're innocent we need your calm decision, not you proving how "decisive" you can be.

But you should actually convince us - well me at least - why what I said about your actions in the end of Day2 are not true to begin with. Getting angry or hurt is one way of trying to do it but I have seen such shows that this is not quite enough (remember Rikae back then really bringing all of us others to tears with her show - but many enough of us stood firm and lynched her, as the baddie she turned out to be).

EDIT: X'd with Izzy x2
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #484
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
The baddies will probably kill those innocents with the most votes left by Nights (see Firefoot with ten votes). Also they would like to keep their votes to themselves if they need not use them - and they, unlike us - know when they need to use them.
What you say makes sense in a way, but I think you are overlooking a very important thing. If the wolves all kept their bonus votes to themselves and Night-killed every innocent having bonus votes left, it wouldn't be right hard to identify them, would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Lynch those with ten votes - or create a general feeling that those having ten votes are the ones in the line for the gallows. Then the wolves need to discharge their votes and - especially if we get one toDay - then we may be able to breathe once more a little.

Those with ten votes are not an asset to the village, they are a threat. They may think in their individual potholes that they are the fighters for freedom but they are the harbringers of doom in many senses.

Just think there are three romantic heroes around with ten votes. One gets killed by Thurnigwethil and her/his ten extra votes are in the possession of the baddies the next Day. Then the two remaining ten-voters disagree with each other who's the wolf and vote different people. That's it. We lose. The wolves know to concentrate their votes on the "right target", we don't.
I'm still not sure I get this point. If we kill someone today chiefly based on that person having 10 bonus votes left, and that person turns out to be innocent, then in what sort of situation does that leave us? The wolves are as well-off as ever, and the village has lost one of those who have more voting power left. Granted, villagers might not agree about who is guilty, but if we have innocents with bonus votes we'll at least have a chance of opposing the wolves on a decisive Day. If we go about lynching innocents with 10 bonus votes left, we don't have even that.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #485
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Brinn (+1)

Despite the 10 bonus still remaining I would not classify her voting 'safe.' She was the deciding vote for Nienna and voted in the midst of the madness yesterday for Sally.

The safest voters have been Formendacil, Shasta, and Greenie, who still have all 10 bonus and have also a squeaky clean record (meaning they've been staying out of the action).

Formendacil:
Day 1- Nilp
Day 2- Greenie

Shasta:
Day 1- Did not vote
Day 2- Formendacil

Greenie:
Day 1- for Agan but did not count
Day 2- Nogrod

Greenie had intentions of voting for the known innocent Agan, but by technicality it did not count. The placement was early, but that could just be because of an inability to be at the deadline. Are all early votes safe? (This isn't rhetorical, I really don't know)

Then Gwath and Sally who have all 10 bonus votes, but on Day 1 voted for the known innocent Nienna. They were the 'middle votes' in the Nienna bandwagon. On Day 2 neither voted. The question I have is would a wolf not vote? I don't know how Gwath and Sally play, but even in the situation yesterday would a wolf not cast a vote? They would know Kuru was innocent and I would imagine a wolf would just tack on votes in that situation.

Particularly Gwath who expressed a desire to save Nogrod and some suspicion of Kuru...if he was a wolf, why not tack on just a single vote?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #486
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
What you say makes sense in a way, but I think you are overlooking a very important thing. If the wolves all kept their bonus votes to themselves and Night-killed every innocent having bonus votes left, it wouldn't be right hard to identify them, would it?
-Greenie
But that's the problem with so many people having a vast proportion of the votes. If they start killing all the innocents with 10 votes, and we figure out the rest of the people with 10 votes by then it will be too late. The baddies will have the massive vote power and be able to control the lynchings.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #487
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Basically that's exactly what I'm after: I'm driving towards identifying them...

Are you for letting them to be concealed?

And so, with pressure enough they would need to discard their votes as not to be identified... and we would be in less a danger.

Simple, but soo hard to do in practise.

But we really have this Day to stay with a chance to win this. Three wolves and a Grima with ten votes each (+ Thuringwethil with ten extra-votes) will just spell the end of this game already toMorrow.

I'm amazed how few of you seem to get this. It's the end, finito, finé, konéc, kaputt, das ende, slut, loppu... if we leave three to five people with ten votes after toDay and lynch an innocent.

Maybe it's then what we deserve as a "village"...

Quote:
I'm still not sure I get this point. If we kill someone today chiefly based on that person having 10 bonus votes left, and that person turns out to be innocent, then in what sort of situation does that leave us?
Bad one. We need to get a baddie toDay.

Quote:
Granted, villagers might not agree about who is guilty, but if we have innocents with bonus votes we'll at least have a chance of opposing the wolves on a decisive Day. If we go about lynching innocents with 10 bonus votes left, we don't have even that.
Yeah. Sadly we don't seem to have the luxury of just pointing out the actual baddie like that and then go at her/him collectively. But the baddies both know who they are with and they can PM all the time to adjust their tactics when the situations change.

And even if we had an innocent or two with ten extra votes the wolves can just wait how they vote and then PM a strategy to counter it with their annihiliatory number of votes they have.

Sorry if I feel like pressuring this but I really think this is a question of winning or losing.

No, I don't propose anything like "let's systematically give away an X number of votes". No. The wolves could hide too easily under that kind of common decision.

Let's keep up the feeling that those not ready to use their votes will be the ones from whom we'll pick our lynch and see what happens.

It doesn't exactly help the plan if you all come back here to disagree with it with your underlying concerns about your personal safety.

Let's make the threat real. Only then will the wolves need to consider using their votes - and thence lose some of their power.

Otherwise they will outwit us in no time.

You may think it's no problem as it's only Day3. Sorry, this might be decided on Day4.

That spells toMorrow.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #488
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent
Are all early votes safe?
Dunno - I'd say early voting is safe if in case you vote early even if you could be around at deadline. If you vote early because you just can't be around at deadline, however, I wouldn't call it safe voting. Safe voting, the way I think of it, is something you can choose, whereas the time zone you live in generally isn't.

EDIT: x-ed with Nog
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #489
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

To Sally.
We will see the result of the Vampire's vote sucking. It will be reflected in the bonus vote tally.

It may just be because it seems to be the current focus of attention.
Yet, I think we all give these Bonus Votes too much credit, and weight.
As if the three's decisions and world only revolve around how to better their situation with the BV's. They have Luthein and Finrod to worry about. As well as any other normal worries, of someone suspecting them and getting them lynched.
If LUthien discovers one of them, you think their BV's could save their mate; without exposing the other two? The longer LuThien is alive, I don't think it really matters how many BV's the three have - as long as LutHien has a smattering of innocents they know about. Then again if LuthIen is alive towards the end with the three, and a few others; who can really predict how many BV's the three and LuthiEn will have with them? No one can truly predict how each day will go, with BV's, Finrod, the three, and LuthieN.

Haha. That was totally for your benefit Kent. xD

X'd with Nog and Green.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #490
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Usually, she is very confident in most every thing she says - or she appears supremely confident in her words. This game, she quite frequently self doubts and fishes.
Have you ever played with me?

Okay, I know this is a bit silly but I'm going with my gut.

++Kent

Again, this is hopefully just a placeholder vote until I get back, but I'm actually getting some vibes from Kent and they're not so shiny.

Also, a list, though it's going, repeat going, to change. There are three baddies and a Grima so, if I had to parcel everyone into groups right now just based on what I'm feeling, here's how it would go.

Guilty
Kent
Lari
Izzy
Shasta

Innocent
Form
Brinn
Nog
Nilp
Fea
Green
Gwath

Again, this is just if I had to pick the four baddies, these would be my top choices at the moment based on....well, on a hunch, really, but hopefully it's a good one.

As an announcement in advance, if I'm up for lynch toDay (which wouldn't totally surprise me) and there is someone else on the block that I think is guilty, I will vote to save myself and use my bonus votes as necessary. I hope I don't have to because I'd rather have to come back and choose between the greater of two possible evils rather than a known innocent (me) and a possible/probable wolf, but as I've stated in other games, if I let myself be lynched without trying to fight back I'm doing a disservice to the village.

(Also, I can kill you with my brain. Also also, I just woke up from a nap and am leaving in half an hour, so's you all know.)

Will post this and see what's going on. In advance, x'd with everything since the post after Kent's vote.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #491
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

An addendum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
If we kill someone today chiefly based on that person having 10 bonus votes left
No! I'm not suggesting we should base our votes "chiefly" on the fact that s/he has ten votes left. I say we pick the most suspicious of the "ten-voters".

It's pretty hard to believe - if not totally impossible - that all the baddies would have used some of their extra-votes already. They would be lousy wolves indeed.

It's perfectly possible one wolf has used some of her/his extras but I would be very surprised if two had done that. I think they've had quite an easy ride this far so why would they have botherered - when most of you seem to oppose my scheme of forcing them to use their votes and there is a crowd to blend in...
Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #492
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
To Sally.
We will see the result of the Vampire's vote sucking. It will be reflected in the bonus vote tally.

It may just be because it seems to be the current focus of attention.
Yet, I think we all give these Bonus Votes too much credit, and weight.
As if the three's decisions and world only revolve around how to better their situation with the BV's. They have Luthein and Finrod to worry about. As well as any other normal worries, of someone suspecting them and getting them lynched.
If LUthien discovers one of them, you think their BV's could save their mate; without exposing the other two? The longer LuThien is alive, I don't think it really matters how many BV's the three have - as long as LutHien has a smattering of innocents they know about. Then again if LuthIen is alive towards the end with the three, and a few others; who can really predict how many BV's the three and LuthiEn will have with them? No one can truly predict how each day will go, with BV's, Finrod, the three, and LuthieN.

Haha. That was totally for your benefit Kent. xD

X'd with Nog and Green.

Unless I understood incorrectly, we will see that votes have been sucked (at least in the case of a living player) but not who they've gone to until that person uses them and still has the same number of votes.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #493
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Basically that's exactly what I'm after: I'm driving towards identifying them...

Are you for letting them to be concealed?
No, I am not. You didn't seem to get my point. My point was that if the wolves all have their 10 bonus votes left they aren't exactly likely to go around Night-killing every innocent having as much bonus votes in order to stay concealed - especially if the general consensus is that anyone having all their bonus votes left is suspicious. Therefore, it might well be that the assumption your hypothesis is based on is invalid - and, as you philosophy teacher probably know, a hypothesis based on an invalid assumption is likely to be invalid too.

EDIT: x-ed with Sally, Nog and Sally
Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #494
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well yes, but why suck votes if you don't plan on using them?

X'd with Green.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #495
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed I have played with you.

Forgive me for being blunt - but your lists looks like a load of crap with some sugar on it, made to look pretty but taste gross.

You say the list is going to change, then you say it is on a hunch which you hope is a good one. WHy would you want the good hunch to change?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #496
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I see what you did there!

I am wondering though what would happen if, for instance....

Erm....actually I won't ask it, since it's a bit of a game mechanics question. Blast.

Anyway, I want to redo my list when I get a chance, but I know I won't have time right now. Here's a couple observations. Take them however you wish, kids.

Brinn makes me giggle, but in a 'I know how you feel, you poor girl' sort of way. I really don't want to see her go toDay because while it's possible she's guilty (which is a possibility for all of you, so that really means nothing, dang it) I'd like to hear more from her so I can get a better read on the girl.

Kent still makes me uneasy, just in general. I don't know what exactly it is, but a lot of the things he's said have made me uneasy and while I don't want to kill him just to find out what he is I'm not going to complain if he ends up dead at the end of the Day, because I keep smelling a Kent....erm, rat.

Nog seems genuine and yet at the same time I know I can't read him, so when I trust Nog completely he's generally got something up his sleeve.

I actually just looked through Izzy's posts (was looking for a quote which in the end I don't think she even said, alas) and think she may be sliding down to my innocent list. We don't exactly see eye to eye, but that doesn't mean she's evil, and after seeing a couple things she's said I'll have to give her some more thought.

Aaaand that's all I've got time for presently.

The rest I don't know right now, or at least don't have time to talk about.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #497
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Indeed I have played with you.

Forgive me for being blunt - but your lists looks like a load of crap with some sugar on it, made to look pretty but taste gross.

You say the list is going to change, then you say it is on a hunch which you hope is a good one. WHy would you want the good hunch to change?
Good. Then you know I'm usually uncertain when I'm an ordo. It's because I bloody don't know anything.

I'll have you know that Sally Suspicion Lists are a delicacy in Nebraska, thanks very much. And as for the hunch changing, I hope it's good but that doesn't mean it is, and if I'm wrong (which I often am) I'm not going to just sit and keep the same opinions as before now, am I?

(Really must dash soon, sorry.)
Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #498
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Good. Then you know I'm usually uncertain when I'm an ordo. It's because I bloody don't know anything.

I'll have you know that Sally Suspicion Lists are a delicacy in Nebraska, thanks very much. And as for the hunch changing, I hope it's good but that doesn't mean it is, and if I'm wrong (which I often am) I'm not going to just sit and keep the same opinions as before now, am I?

(Really must dash soon, sorry.)

This looks pretty evasive.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #499
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Gwath, if you're around plese explain why you didn't vote yesterDay. I'd love to know.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #500
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Therefore, it might well be that the assumption your hypothesis is based on is invalid - and, as you philosophy teacher probably know, a hypothesis based on an invalid assumption is likely to be invalid too.
Haha! Love you for that!

Sadly that's a bit more complicated than that.

A logical deduction from true premises is always valid and true. (how one assures oneself of whether the premises are true is a much more problematic question)

A logical deduction from false premises (including at least one false premise) is logically valid as well, but might be true or false in content. (eg. "Sally is a duck"; "ducks can swim" eg. "Sally can swim" - the deduction is valid and the result is probably true, but one of the premises seems false - or does it? )

But also an illogical deduction can be true in content even if it's logically not valid - even if it rarely is.

But a hypothesis is something you can test reality with by experimenting with it.

An unsuccesful result shows the hypothesis was false.

A succesful result is more open to interpretation. To some it "confirms" the hypothesis, to others it "gives credibility" to it, and to some it just "does not prove the hypothesis false" (falsify it).
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #501
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

But I'm not a duck! Or a witch! And this isn't my nose, it's a false one!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist popping in with that. Won't see me for a few hours now.)
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #502
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Gwath, if you're around plese explain why you didn't vote yesterDay. I'd love to know.
Well, I'm VERY busy reading the thread, but I'll oblige anyway. It was indecision, basically. I couldn't make up my mind, almost voted a couple of times, and then it was too late.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #503
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I said we should all disarm - as a show of confidence that is - and then lynch those who do not wish to join. And I expressed many reservations to that. And I already kind of deserted the plan in my posts as an impossible one to execute - before I realised it could be accomplished if we could pressure the wolves toDay.

Yeah...ain't no way I'm disarming
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #504
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Because I think Nogrod's essential point is that currently over half the village (7 of 13) has all of their bonus votes and 9 of 13 has over 7. That is quite a disparity. And he's not saying if you have 10 bonus votes you are a wolf, but he's saying there are wolves clutching onto their bonus as Smaug does with treasure.
This is likely the case, but I ought to point out that an important element of our defense against wolves-with-lots-of-bonus-votes will be innocents-with-lots-of-bonus-votes.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #505
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Well, I'm VERY busy reading the thread, but I'll oblige anyway. It was indecision, basically. I couldn't make up my mind, almost voted a couple of times, and then it was too late.
Ok. Thanks for responding.

As for Nog - I confess I got lost about halfway through your post.

I should vote very soon, but I'd like to hear a bit about who others are planning to vote. Since, as Nog has been emphasising, toDay's voting is quite important, I wouldn't want to cast a vote that turns out to be a throwaway. So, a question to those that happen to be around: who do you plan to vote?

EDIT: x-ed with 2xGwathie
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #506
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I could bet Gwath is not a wolf (or a vampire).

It would be quite bold from a wolf to pull that! And to be as suspicious as he once again is ("I'm VERY busy reading the thread but I will answer this as someone now makes a tiniest move to suspect me") would be just suicidal for a wolf.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #507
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

I should vote very soon, but I'd like to hear a bit about who others are planning to vote. Since, as Nog has been emphasising, toDay's voting is quite important, I wouldn't want to cast a vote that turns out to be a throwaway. So, a question to those that happen to be around: who do you plan to vote?
Right now I am casually considering Fea, Sally, and Nogrod as possibilities. I haven't finished reading the thread though, so these are all based on incomplete knowledge.

EDIT: Crossed with Nogrod...was that sarcasm, Nogrod? I can't tell...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #508
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I read it as "I'm very busy conversing with my fellow mates right now, but I will respond anyhow."

What exactly are you referring to Sally?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #509
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
So, a question to those that happen to be around: who do you plan to vote?
I still have some time to spend (not much though) but going for it right now I might say that Brinn is my first choice at the moment, then there would be you Greenie and probably Form (but you two I'd need to think and read again a bit before making a vote). After that I'd say... hmm... Sally... it gets more difficult there. Nilp, Izzy, Kent, Fea... (add any name)

A lot depends on how extensive a read-about I will manage. The lengthier the greater the possibility these hunches will change, I presume.

But I'm also open to suggestions and good cases for or against.

Basically I do not trust but Kuru toDay. And as people have said; yeah he can err, but his intentions are sincere.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #510
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
That person whether wolf or innocent will most likely use their bonus to save themselves, which is I think the bigger point, to start levelling out the field.
Heck no! Save your votes for when you're confident that you've got a wolf! Don't disarm!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #511
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Right now I am casually considering Fea, Sally, and Nogrod as possibilities.
I was considering both Sally and Nogrod possible choices as well. Not Fea, though - I have no idea whatsoever about her and thus voting for her might do more harm than good. Something in Sally's last few posts has been rubbing me the wrong way. Dunno, it has to do with the sort of indefinitive manner of expressing things. Can't formulate that any better. Whereas Nog I still don't feel easy about, and it's not just because I disagree with him about nearly everything.

Another I was thinking about earlier was, in fact, Gwath, but his last few posts have seemed innocentish to me so I probably won't.

EDIT: x-ed with Izzy, Nog and Gwath
Old 04-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #512
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Well, here's my thing with Fea: her votes for Nogrod look to me like either an innocent who's pretty convinced she's got a wolf or a cobbler trying to draw out more bonus votes from the village.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #513
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Crossed with Nogrod...was that sarcasm, Nogrod? I can't tell...
Partly yes - or just having fun - but to be honest I basically don't believe you to be a wolf in this game. Well at least for now.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #514
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I read it as "I'm very busy conversing with my fellow mates right now, but I will respond anyhow."
I suggest taking it at face value.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #515
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Partly yes - or just having fun - but to be honest I basically don't believe you to be a wolf in this game. Well at least for now.
Aw, well, it's swell of you to say so.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #516
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

I agree with the first paragraph. I disagree with the second.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #517
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading.

Notes on first skim-through:

Greenie - I'll have to go back to my posts that day and look at who I suspected. I believe it was you, Form, and Nogrod, but I could be mistaken.

I'm leaning towards Brinn being innocent right now, and would rather not see her go. She definitely has the air of an ordo who's irritated at being constantly suspected by the same person. Sidenote - has anyone else noticed that every time someone gets irritated with having to defend themselves, Nogrod brings up Rikae as an excuse to attack them anyway? I think it's happened, like... every game I've ever played with him in it.

As for Kuru's idea about suspicion lists, I'll go back and formulate mine.

Edit: X'ed from Izzy on.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #518
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hahaha. Unfortunately, there is very very little that you can take at face value in this game we play called Werewolf. xD

I'm a bit concerned with Gwath's multitude of posts. Why not organize into one epic one?

X'd with Shasta.

Last edited by Isabellkya; 04-17-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #519
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Aw, well, it's swell of you to say so.
Sorry about my broken English but I do not understand what you mean by that. The dictionary gives quite conflicting descriptions of what "swell" means.

Anyway, most of them don't suggest you were making a positive comment...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #520
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Sorry about my broken English but I do not understand what you mean by that. The dictionary gives quite conflicting descriptions of what "swell" means.

Anyway, most of them don't suggest you were making a positive comment...
"Swell" in this context means "good", Nogrod. Whether or not he was being sarcastic is a question you'll have to ask him.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote