Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #3201
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great to see you Dury - and you also brought up a very important topic!

Like you said, the King would know about Eodwine getting better and he would be the one to decide who runs the Mead Hall - and he would be very much cognizant of the possible rift producing in Scarburg as he has had the messengers telling him of the two now outlaws who had almost killed one of Athanar's men. And it would be very bad politics from him to first appoint lord Athanar as an eorl and immediately ripping him off the status - especially as he would have soon heard about his success in dealing with the local lords, well at least of the good beginning with it.

So what would king Eomer decide?

He would know Eodwine's greatest desire would be to meet his pregnant wife as soon as possible and he wouldn't have a heart (or wish) to deny it from him. So, Eodwine is coming to Scarburg anyway (as I don't think the king has authority or wish to summon Saeryn to Edoras either).

My gut feeling on this is that he would command Eodwine to take a "sick-leave" from his duties to totally recover as it sure was a serious thing and he survived against all the odds. So he would not appoint him back as an eorl at this moment but would rather ask him to help lord Athanar in any way with the Mead Hall for the time being. Then after he has fully recovered the issue would be brought up again, perhaps on some specified date given by him?

Thinking of it now, the king might actually whisper to Eodwine's ear just between the two that maybe he is going to establish a new Mead Hall the next year, or the next and might appoint Athanar there thus giving Eodwine back the hall he has founded. That would provide us years of writing (RL) with the two being there and looking how the relations between, well everyone, develop...

Well, that was just some quick thoughts on the matter. What do you think?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #3202
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine is not in Edoras, he is in Minas Tirith.

I am not very keen on politics at all, so I don't know what the king would say. We can do whatever people think best as to Eomer's response to the situation. It may be, Eodwine doesn't stick around in Minas Tirith long enough for word to pass from there to Edoras and back again for Eomer to order him to remain there. I rathe think Eodwine would arrive at the Meadhal without any heads-up as to the situation...unless, of course, Saeryn were permitted to go to him and then she would have told him. But, if Eodwine told Saeryn not to travel, he would not know what kind of stuff was going on.

That's my two cents, briefly thought out and briefly put. Do you suppose we could start the next day by Saturday at latest? I think I am going home tonight, so come tomorrow I'll have ample opportunity to think and write for the game. Cheers!

-- Foley
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #3203
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yea I wasn't sure if it was Edoras or Minas Tirith, but I kept seeing people talking about the time it would take to get from Edoras....

But wouldn't he still be expected to sort things out with the King? I mean he could certainly do what he wanted, and rush back without word getting to Edoras first, but the King would probably like to know what was going on with one of his eorls. At least something that needs to be kept in mind I think.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #3204
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just popping in to say I'll catch up and take part in the discussion tomorrow (say 12-24h from now), and if you need Legate for something, he is back from his trip to Israel around Saturday noon (European time). In case there's something hyper urgent, ignore me/us, I/we can live with it.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #3205
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Yea I wasn't sure if it was Edoras or Minas Tirith, but I kept seeing people talking about the time it would take to get from Edoras....
That's kind of funny. I didn't catch that at all. Whoops.

Quote:
But wouldn't he still be expected to sort things out with the King? I mean he could certainly do what he wanted, and rush back without word getting to Edoras first, but the King would probably like to know what was going on with one of his eorls. At least something that needs to be kept in mind I think.
Yeah, eventually he's going to have to sort it out with the king, you're right. And the sooner the better. I still think it's potential that he's going to return home without doing so and without realizing that he should, and before any messenger or anybody can over take him.

Elempi, thoughts?

-- Foley
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #3206
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine will of course stop in Edoras to greet his lord. But word isn't going to run ahead of him to Edoras, so Eomer and everybody will be surprised.

Word from Edoras to Scarburg is another matter. I'm sure that Eomer will send a messenger on to Scarburg to announce Eodwine's impending return while Eodwine sleeps at least one night in Edoras.

As for any whisperings between Eomer and Eodwine, one of the things Eodwine will have found out is that he has been replaced as Eorl of Scarburg, rather recently.

Let's just say it goes something like this:

"I will have you know, Eodwine, that since every word from our healers and from those at Mundburg were that you were not likely to live, it was needful to have a new eorl in Scarburg who would be there to the end of his days. Do you remember Athanar?"

Eodwine was taken aback, but he saw the king's point. "Yes, I do. He is a good man; headstrong, but good."

The king smiled. "He is the new eorl. Will you return to Scarburg to stay, as a freeman holding Athanar as your eorl, or would you go elsewhere with your new wife?"

"I do have lands in Westfold I could rebuild on, but I think I need time, and I would not make Saeryn travel while she is with child. If Athanar is the eorl, and I am to be at Scarburg, I will pledge my sword and duty to him as long as I am there. Does that satisfy the king's curiosity?"

"Aye, it does," the king replied. "Help him, Eodwine. He will need it. The Middle Emnet has fallen to lawlessness and wilfullness among its Eorling landholders. Your counsel is wise, and he will be glad of it, and I will be glad of your presence there. And care for your wife."

"I will do as you ask, my lord."

I don't really see Eodwine as the ambitious type. He'd just as soon leave the eorling responsibility behind, although others may not realize that right away. As for an alternate eorldom for Athanar down the road, that's your call, Nogrod. It really doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #3207
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Great, Elempi. That should straighten things up for us enough to start, so far as Eodwine goes.

Nogrod, do you want to write an in-between post and then jump ahead?

About the alternate eorldom, I would just like to put forth the question - Why would a new eorldom be put forward? The middle Emnet was formed from the two other emnets and Eodwine was the first eorl of that emnet. I don't see a fourth and new one being created.

-- Foley
Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #3208
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Nogrod, do you want to write an in-between post and then jump ahead?
I would, but as Greenie is over at my place it will be on Sunday-evening (afternoon in the US) the earliest. If someone wishes to move forwards already today you're welcome to it. I'll make a save into the thread marking the place of the jump-post (to newer writers: that's a practise used in earlier times but mostly discouraged nowadays - so do not follow my example... ).

Quote:
About the alternate eorldom, I would just like to put forth the question - Why would a new eorldom be put forward?
We can actually forget about that question for the time being (for the next few years RL-wise). It was an idea thrown out to solve the problem of there being two eorls and one Mead Hall - like after one year of game-time had gone or something (meaning we could be writing for several years RL-time before that would become actual). Also my idea was that the other Mead Hall could have been anywhere, like in the farthest West of Rohan or wherever. But like I said, there is no need to think about that in few years now.

ADD: lpm, what would be the time needed for Eodwine to come back aka. how long jump should we make - supposing we jump straight to the day when Eodwine comes back?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #3209
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1. Sorry for not posting yesterday like I promised. My excuse is so embarrassing I'm not posting it.

2. The current Eodwine coming back scheme sounds good to me, and I will be curious to see people's reactions. (For example Wulfric and Wilheard's! Will they side with their dad based on family pride or will they watch the situation smugly, hoping to get something out of it?)

3. Time jump sounds good, and I don't really care about the length. Modtryth and Cnebba don't have anything special going on, and if Wulfric and Wilheard decide to do something I can always write it in retrospect.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #3210
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd prefer it if we could make it longer than three weeks' jump, considering everything Eodwine has going:

1. recovering at Minas Tirith aka Mundburg - at least a week
2. slow travel to Rohan - 7 to 10 days?
3. Stopping in the Folde to pay a visit to Degas and company, Rowenna deciding to join him to go back to Scarburg. And of course Degas might choose to come along, too. Fea???? - at least 1 day
4. Meeting Falco on the road who is on his way to Minas Tirith. - any given day
5. Stopping in at Edoras for at least one night. - 1 to 3 days
6. The daylong trip to Scarburg. 1 day

All this could take quite a bit of time. I'm seeing at least 18 days, and possibly as many as 31 (or more).

I could post today, but I'm a little uncertain since we haven't determined how far the time jump is. I suppose I could go back and edit for that, or leave the time things take vague.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #3211
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am about to go out with my dad and look for a car. If no one has posted by late this evening or even tomorrow, I may, whenever I have time.

-- Foley
Old 06-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #3212
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I might have to dust off some cobwebs from my Downs memory, but I think there's a "no saves" rule in the Mead Hall?

Somehow I can't imagine Eodwine being back and not being the eorl, so this is interesting to see. Or hmmmm. He could just go back to the former mead hall, drag his original folk along, kick out the innkeeper, and take over. I'm sure Eomer King wouldn't mind. Then we could have two simultaneous RPGs running.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #3213
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A jump of one month is okay with me.

That would mean we're somewhere in the late autumn / early winter - depending on what kind of a year we're looking at. I'd say anyone writing the first post there could make the choice (heh, whether Eodwine rides to Scarburg in rain and wind and mud or with the first snow crystals lightly falling on the frozen ground ).

If someone has time to check the date, please do, but if no one has done it by tomorrow-evening; I'll check it.

Also, I will include in the "jump-post" a few general descriptions, like how the renovations are going, anything about the local lords, something of the general mood. Maybe some Athanar's personal thoughts as well.

But only that. Feel free to add things that have happened and are important enough to be mentioned from your character's POV.

PS. yeah Lhuna, I do think you're right about the saves, but I'll take the right into my hands in this situation to let you start writing already today...
Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #3214
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It would actually put us somewhere in December...I don't recall exactly what date. So it will be after the first snow-fall in their climate. I can check the date if I write a post.

Going back to the White Horse Inn/old mead hall to avoid conflict would just be boring.

I might post this evening, later, but I dunno...I have papers to write for school. (For the record, I hate summer classes....)
Old 06-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #3215
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

We need a time line.

Pio, could you please link this somewhere to the beginning posts? I'll research and edit it as we go on....

Here's a rough draft:

August 9 - Eodwine and Saeryn married.
Sometime in August - Saeryn conceives
Early Octoboer - Eodwine falls ill
October 9 - Eodwine becomes very ill and is moved to Edoras
October 10 - Three lords come to Scarburg and refuse to pay taxes
October 11-12 - Saeryn goes to Edoras, the king tells her he will appoint a new Eorl. Eodwine goes to Minas Tirith
November 11 - Athanar and his household come to Scarburg
November 12 - Erbrand nearly kills Scyrr. Erbrand and Lithor leave Scarburg.
November 13 - Athanar goes to the three landlords and exerts authority over them. Falco returns to Scarburg.

----------------------

LINKED and transferred to Post #4 of this Discussion Thread

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-25-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #3216
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Okay, I finally managed to mosey over to this.

Not much to say at the moment; I think Wynflaed will settle in pretty well. Let me reiterate the need for more women for her to interact with; however, as long as the King's Players (which was only supposed to last two weeks *grumble*) keeps going I am not going to be able to post very often at all.

The one other thing, I think, that needs to be said is this: no matter what Eodwine does, a lot of people at Scarburg are going to look to him for direction and are going to be ticked if he ends up saying "Athanar's in charge here, don't mind me..." because they would much rather have him as eorl. I suspect that's rather the point of all this, anyhow, but I didn't see anyone saying it explicitly.

So, if we know what we're getting into...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #3217
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
The one other thing, I think, that needs to be said is this: no matter what Eodwine does, a lot of people at Scarburg are going to look to him for direction and are going to be ticked if he ends up saying "Athanar's in charge here, don't mind me..." because they would much rather have him as eorl. I suspect that's rather the point of all this, anyhow, but I didn't see anyone saying it explicitly.
Good point. I'm looking forward to writing through that.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #3218
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
So, if we know what we're getting into...
We don't...that's what makes it so terribly exciting.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #3219
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Umps. I just wanted to post and LMP posted. Sorry, LMP, could you possibly remove your post and repost it after I post mine? I wanted to do it now, it is still related to the old stuff... although, of course, it's nothing important and I can post it later, but... well...

As for in general, I've been away for two weeks and now only I am reading through all (especially this thread) that happened... but whatever... sufficient to say, I agree with the time jump...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #3220
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

ok - - done
Old 06-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #3221
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yay! People are posting! I'm so excited. I tried to write a post last night but couldn't get ANYTHING written. It was one of the worst cases of writer's block that I've ever had. I think it has to do with my stress level last night.

-- Foley
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #3222
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, thank'ee, LMP! I have posted, so now you can repost yours (looked really interesting, as far as I saw ). Although I just realised that maybe that was for naught if Nogrod wants to anyway insert some mid-info about the past weeks before my post. But whatever, that can be solved later. Or maybe he can even post it later, since LMP's post isn't really talking about Scarburg itself, so the events happening meanwhile can be posted after it, and the older post inbetween deleted.

Anyway, going to finish reading this thread and all and then I can also comment, if there is still something to comment on, related to the game development...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #3223
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, I think there's not much more to add, I think the plan is very good now as it is, like I already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
We'd also need to hear from the owners of the newer characters and what they think about the length of the jump as they need to do some adjusting (thinking how their characters will fit in the Mead Hall as they have now been there for only a few - quite eventful - days). Maybe we should hold a short genberal discussion about it even here? How will Wynflaed fit in the household, How about Aedre & the other children, how about the soldiers; Coen, Hilderinc?)
And as for this, I think Hilderinc will blend in fairly well, as can be seen from his character: he had served many masters, and in many different environments, and if anything, he is very moderate person. Where others (all these Scyrrs and hotheads) might be a bit more aggressive or grumpy or rambling, he will be quiet and avoiding problems, and if they look like threatening the situation too much, he might try to even calm the situation down, if it is in his authority and power. And I think the common soldiers will eventually (more or less) blend in too: after all, they are just soldiers, and have to obey the orders. In time, you get mostly used to anything. So it should be, at least relatively, calm and unproblematic, and we can merrily await how conditions change after Eodwine's arrival
Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #3224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Good, good, good...

My apologies, but due to matters of urgency in RL I have not being able to do as much as I would have liked to - or thought I was able to.

I need to pass my checking of the situation & plans with the renovations and stuff like that for tomorrow. So I will fill my save then (hopefully within 24 hours, about).

So especially lmp, if you can hold your horses in not describing vividly in your next post how the Mead Hall looks like in comparison to what he remembers it when he last saw for that much? I mean not going in too much detail, that is, untill you see my post tomorow.

Others can freely comment on any of their posts that those had been laboursome days (the month we jumped), as they had to really make an effort to get ready for winter and to house everyone inside in decent locations. And with the king's supplies they really had materials to do things.

And sure you lmp can say it has changed...

I think with the numbers we currently have at Scarburg they really should have made some real advancement, making it if not ready but at least livable and usable in all the Hall's major functions (kitchens, water-supplies, waste-issues, housing, decent main hall, stables & other farmsteads...).
Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #3225
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yes, I didn't want to describe Scarburg until I knew what has happened, so I'm happy to wait.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #3226
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Forgive me if there are spelling or typing errors. I wrote this post under interesting circumstances. :Confused:

Elempi, I did no write further to have them actually meet because I've run out of time and I'm not writing very well and I'd rather write that when my words are flowing more naturally than they are now. So, go ahead and have them meet, if you like.... I may be available to post in the fairly near future.

I will not say again that I am really excited, I think everyone knows that.

-- Foley
Old 06-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #3227
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have filled the "time jump" post.

It consists of two parts. One that handles the next two days after when we left writing and the other taking care of the renovations.

I have included little to nothing about the local lords there. I think it is better we can invoke them at any time we see calloing for some interesting outside pressure to the Mead Hall. For now on I think we have enough interesting things going on without meddling them into the pot - and also I didn't want to nail anything down on them now as to keep us free to do with them what we like later on.

And oh, Saeryn...

I'm almost willing to make a short post where someone comes in telling what she has done and let Athanar send someone after her. Though a miscarriage would be an interesting plotline to follow... But maybe she just went off secret... Crazy woman.

PS. On a second thought, let's give Legate something to do as he's back now. Lord Athanar will send Hilderinc to follow her - and thus to meet lord Eodwine. A chance to make new acquintances if ever!

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #3228
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
PS. On a second thought, let's give Legate something to do as he's back now. Lord Athanar will send Hilderinc to follow her - and thus to meet lord Eodwine. A chance to make new acquintances if ever!
Lovely, I say Thank'ee. I very much enjoyed writing this.

And I left the door open to any of the participants - whoever wants to take the initiative. Let's see how we manage...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #3229
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

She won't miscarry. The pregnancy is healthy, and it's only 4 months. The uproar is cracking me up.

-- Foley
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #3230
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I left their actual meeting up to you, Eodwine, because I don't have time right now to do it. I won't be on again until late tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to add and, "I'm sorry" to Hilderinc, Legate. Poor chap must be at his wit's end to see her break from a trot into a gallop like she did. Haha.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #3231
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Um, Foley, my name is littlemanpoet aka Elempi.

Sorry, I'll try to get something up today.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #3232
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Um, Foley, my name is littlemanpoet aka Elempi.
I shall channel Kara/Kath and say you're finally getting a taste of your own medicine.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #3233
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I shall channel Kara/Kath and say you're finally getting a taste of your own medicine.
LOL!

I have posted. Foley, your turn.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #3234
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I posted a post that Elempi and I co-posted, kind of. It is extraordinarily short, but that's all we had time for.

Legate, you can take it now, if you're available. If you're not, then Elempi or I can get them back to the hall.

-- Foley
Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #3235
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Posted. I find this whole situation absolutely hilarious and lovely
Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #3236
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Haha, Rowenna strikes again!

Legate, will we ever get to read about what seems to be an intriguing backstory on Hilderinc?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #3237
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Haha, Rowenna strikes again!

Legate, will we ever get to read about what seems to be an intriguing backstory on Hilderinc?
Eventually, I think, hopefully yes (it would be nice anyway, backstory loses half of its meaning if nobody ever learns anything about it ). But there is no need to push it and Hilderinc is not, hm, the most extroverted person in the world, so it may go slowly, bit by bit. But I am sort of giving it its natural way, and it seems fine this far. The opportunities to unveil parts of his backstory are coming rather nicely by themselves, it seems.

As for Rowenna, that was a bit of spontaneous action on my part (and Hilderinc's ), but I thought it would be fitting.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #3238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Very nice!

I'll try to bring in something from the POV of Stigend for a change as well, in a day or two.

This is looking good!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #3239
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I hope to have a chance to read Legate's post right now, but I wanted to take this opportunity (while the internet is working here) to say - don't wait for me for anything because internet here at camp is spotty, at best, and I cannot promise to get on and post anything until Friday, at the earliest. I may be lucky and manage to post before then, but don't count on it.

-- Foley
Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #3240
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hi, all! Sorry for disappearing... again... Hopefully I'm not too late to get back in on the action though.