Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #1521
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
just a little help for us all....

5. Rite

* The people gather in the circle
* Eodwine welcomes the people
* Eodwemer calls for the bride
* Saeryn and Rowenna come into the circle, Saeryn on Degas' arm and Rowenna on Thornden's, the bride veiled and flowered.
* Ring oath spoken and symbols exchanged
* Handgeld and bridegift oaths spoken
* Sword oath spoken & swords exchanged
* Thonden and Rowenna bind the hands of Eodwine and Saeryn together
* oath of binding
* symbolic kiss
* sharing of food and drink (honey mead)
* symbolic jump over rope
* union announced

After the rite

1. Ride-romp
2. feast with Lithor presiding
3. dance
4. riddles
5. rite of crossing the threshold

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-03-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #1522
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel
Just a quick question: Are you planning to have the traditional sharing of food and drink between bride and groom? as I was thinking of having Ćđel (or perhaps it should be Kara?)bring out the mead cup filled with a honey mead (as honey was traditionally associated with fertility and the mead with prosperity) I believe bread was also shared though I can not remember its significance off hand, I think it had something to do with the sharing of each others lives and taking care of one another.... hmm not sure though. Also are you planning to have the grooms man and Braids maid bind their hands? as Ćđel would quite like to make the bind cloth/ribbon (not sure of the right name for this item) a gift to them.

Great ideas! Thanks for offering them. I'll edit my last post to include them. Oh, and welcome back! I hope you can stay long a while.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #1523
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Quote:
Great ideas! Thanks for offering them. I'll edit my last post to include them. Oh, and welcome back! I hope you can stay long a while.
no worries, I also have a copy of a Pagan Hand fasting script that I found while researching something else, if you would like to see it just let me know. Yeah I hope I can stick around longer too, I will definitely try
Old 06-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #1524
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Great to see you around, Nerindel.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #1525
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nerindel, nice to finally meet you. I that have taken two of your characters: Balvir and Matrim(at least I think they were once yours). If you want to writ for them, they are waiting for the wedding to begin.

Also, I noticed that one of your characters had her eye on the "younger of the guardsmen." Would that by any chance be Thornden?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #1526
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel View Post
no worries, I also have a copy of a Pagan Hand fasting script that I found while researching something else, if you would like to see it just let me know. Yeah I hope I can stick around longer too, I will definitely try
Feel free to post it up. I'd like to see it. No doubt I'll do what I think helpful to "Tolkienize" it.

In fact, I want to see that before I write anymore about the rite.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #1527
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
1420!

Thanks lomie

Quote:
Nerindel, nice to finally meet you. I that have taken two of your characters: Balvir and Matrim(at least I think they were once yours). If you want to writ for them, they are waiting for the wedding to begin.
Thanks Groin, nice to met you too, Yes I have read your posts involving Matrim and Balvir Nice work. I don't mind sharing them but I will put their bio's up (once I locate which memory stick they're hiding in) as they are important to Ćđel's story.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that one of your characters had her eye on the "younger of the guardsmen." Would that by any chance be Thornden?
lol, no as Thornden currently has Rowenna on his arm it is not him. In fact knowing Iomhair it is not one man but all the young guardsmen.

Quote:
Feel free to post it up. I'd like to see it. No doubt I'll do what I think helpful to "Tolkienize" it.

In fact, I want to see that before I write anymore about the rite.
ok here it is "Tolkienize" away!

Elder: We have come together here in celebration of the joining together of [bride] and [groom]. The law of life is love unto all beings. Without love, life is nothing, without love, death has no redemption. Love is anterior to Life, posterior to Death, initial of Creation and the exponent of Earth. If we learn no more in life, let it be this.

Marriage is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection. As with any aspect of life, it has its cycles, its ups and its downs, its trials and its triumphs. With full understanding of this, [groom] and [bride] have come here today to be joined as one in marriage. Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, as a woman is not property to be bought and sold, given and taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and if she has her family's blessing.

[bride], is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?

Bride: Yes, it is true.

Elder: With whom do you come and whose blessings accompany you.

Family member (usually the father): She comes with me, her [father, uncle, brother], and is accompanied by all my blessings.

Elder: Please join hands with your betrothed and listen to that which I am about to say.(Grooms man and brides lady bind the joined hands of the couple) Above you are the stars, below you are the stones, as time doth pass, remember...

Like a stone should your love be firm, like a star should your love be constant. Let the powers of the mind and of the intellect guide you in your marriage, let the strength of your wills bind you together, let the power of love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your dedication make you inseparable. Be close, but not too close. Possess one another, yet be understanding. Have patience with one another, for storms will come, but they will pass quickly.

Be free in giving affection and warmth. Have no fear and let not the ways of the unenlightened give you unease, for God is with you always.

[groom], I have not the right to bind thee to [bride], only you have this right. If it be your wish, say so at this time and place your ring in her hand.

Groom: It is my wish.

Elder: [Bride], if it be your wish for [groom] to be bound to you, place the ring on his finger. (places ring on Groom's left ring finger) [bride] I have not the right to bind thee to [groom] only you have this right. If it be your wish, say so at this time and place your ring in his hand.

Bride: It is my wish.

Elder: [Groom], if it be your wish for [bride] to be bound to you, place the ring on her finger.(places ring on Bride's left ring finger)

Groom: I, (groom’s full name), in the name of the spirit of God that resides within us all, by the life that courses within my blood and the love that resides within my heart, I take thee (bride's full name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire thee and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for thee. I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love again. I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee, thy beliefs, thy people, and thy ways as I respect myself.

Elder: [Bride], if it be your wish for [groom] to be bound to you, Place the ring on her finger. (places ring on groom’s left finger)

Bride: I (bride's full name), in the name of the spirit of God that resides within us all, by the life that courses within my blood, and the love that resides within my heart, take thee, (groom's full name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit to be my chosen one. To desire and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for thee. I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love again. I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee, thy beliefs, thy people, and thy ways as I respect myself.

Elder:
(hands cup (containing honey mead for prosperity and fertility) to the groom, saying) May you drink your fill from the cup of love.

(Groom holds Cup to bride while she sips then bride takes Cup and holds it to groom while he sips. The Cup is then handed back to the Elder who sets it on a table. Next the Elder takes the plate of bread, giving it to the groom. Same procedure repeated with bread, groom feeding bride and bride feeding groom.)

Elder announces the union and the bride and groom kiss (I added the bold bit as I thought it was missing lol).
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #1528
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

This is modern neo-paganism rather than paganism. There are no mythological deities invoked. Anyway, it can be helpful.

Rowenna's eyes widened in momentary surprise, then smiled in spite of herself at Thornden's compliment. "Thank you. I think the mood of the event has gotten in your veins, Thornden."

He chose not to take that to mean what it could conceivably mean and he only laughed. "I am very happy for lord Eodwine and lady Saeryn," he replied, and then they became quiet as they drew near the gathered people.

Randvér frowned, standing in the circle. Ginna pulled Harreld into the circle and stood beside her father. So the young woman stood between her father and the man she seemed to have chosen, giving Randvér much opportunity to glance sidewise at his prospective son in law. He was a big man! And seemingly gentle. But the rite was about to begin.

Eodwine and Thornden came into the circle, dressed in their finest, and took their places at the center of the circle. The people quieted and craned their necks to see if they could catch a glimpse of the bride and bride's maid who waited outside the circle.

Then the old man visitor, the one called Eodwemer, stepped out of the crowd and stood before the bride and groom.

"Folk of Scarburg," he said, "your lord Eodwine has asked me to guide the rite. He thinks that my length of years have given me wisdom." The old man chuckled at the notion. "In any case, I am honored and will do my best to honor his choice. So let the bride's maid and bride enter the circle!"

Saeryn took a final breath and felt her face blush one last time. Degas stepped up to her side and she looked at him. He smiled and offered her his arm and she gave him a thankful smile in return as she took it. Then she turned to Rowenna and nodded her head. Rowenna stepped forward and led the way down through the people to where Eodwine stood waiting.

There were oohs and aahs from the gathered crowd, for the beaming Saeryn was a sight to behold. She stopped at Eodwine's side and looked up at him, smiling. His mouth and eyes could not contain his happiness. Those with the best ears overheard him say, "What a lucky man I am."

Rowenna and Thornden took their places beside the bride and groom, each holding a sword and ring.

Eodwemer spoke. "We have gathered to witness the joining together of Lady Saeryn of the Folde and Lord Eodwine, Eorl of Middle Emnet. We honor our forebears by following their ways, to be joined man and woman by oath, to bear and raise young, to thrive, love, and increase the strength of our folk.

"Who releases the bride to this man?"

"I Lord Degas of the Folde release her from her bond to my house."

"It is then time to bind the hands of bride and groom," said Eodwemer. "Who has the binding?"
Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #1529
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great to see this taking steps forwards... and Welcome back Nerindel!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #1530
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
"It is then time to bind the hands of bride and groom," said Eodwemer. "Who has the binding?"
Now's your chance to step in, Nerindel. Just so you understand what's going on, we're actually building the wedding on the discussion thread so that anybody who wants to can jump in or insert something at any point in the plot line. So I've left the next section for you to write, since you brought it up. Simply copy and paste the whole thing into your next post and add to it.

If you have any questions, please ask.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #1531
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Ok here you go, Ćđel's little gift.

Rowenna's eyes widened in momentary surprise, then smiled in spite of herself at Thornden's compliment. "Thank you. I think the mood of the event has gotten in your veins, Thornden."

He chose not to take that to mean what it could conceivably mean and he only laughed. "I am very happy for lord Eodwine and lady Saeryn," he replied, and then they became quiet as they drew near the gathered people.

Randvér frowned, standing in the circle. Ginna pulled Harreld into the circle and stood beside her father. So the young woman stood between her father and the man she seemed to have chosen, giving Randvér much opportunity to glance sidewise at his prospective son in law. He was a big man! And seemingly gentle. But the rite was about to begin.

Eodwine and Thornden came into the circle, dressed in their finest, and took their places at the center of the circle. The people quieted and craned their necks to see if they could catch a glimpse of the bride and bride's maid who waited outside the circle.

Then the old man visitor, the one called Eodwemer, stepped out of the crowd and stood before the bride and groom.

"Folk of Scarburg," he said, "your lord Eodwine has asked me to guide the rite. He thinks that my length of years have given me wisdom." The old man chuckled at the notion. "In any case, I am honored and will do my best to honor his choice. So let the bride's maid and bride enter the circle!"

Saeryn took a final breath and felt her face blush one last time. Degas stepped up to her side and she looked at him. He smiled and offered her his arm and she gave him a thankful smile in return as she took it. Then she turned to Rowenna and nodded her head. Rowenna stepped forward and led the way down through the people to where Eodwine stood waiting.

There were oohs and aahs from the gathered crowd, for the beaming Saeryn was a sight to behold. She stopped at Eodwine's side and looked up at him, smiling. His mouth and eyes could not contain his happiness. Those with the best ears overheard him say, "What a lucky man I am."

Rowenna and Thornden took their places beside the bride and groom, each holding a sword and ring.

Eodwemer spoke. "We have gathered to witness the joining together of Lady Saeryn of the Folde and Lord Eodwine, Eorl of Middle Emnet. We honor our forebears by following their ways, to be joined man and woman by oath, to bear and raise young, to thrive, love, and increase the strength of our folk.

A low whisper ran through the circle as people wondered who if anyone had remembered. However their fears were soon alleviated and an expectant hush once more filled the air as Ćđel stepped forward.

While others had laboured she had spent the day delicately embroidering a simple linen binding with Lord Eodwine’s Sigils intertwined with what Degas had assured her was Saeryn’s favourite flowers, as he seemed to think that their own Sigils would bring no joy to his sister at present, down each side was also embroidered the words Unity and Love which she thought encapsulated the depth of the oaths her friends where entering into.

“I Ćđel, Have that which is to bind hand and heart of Lord Eodwine and Lady Saeryn before those who Respect, love and serve them.” She announced, raising the binding in the air for all to see.

A Cheer rose up around them as Ćđel smiled warmly at the happy couple, her dark eye’s gleaming with a merriment she had not felt in a long time. Resisting the urge to run up and hug Searyn tightly she placed the white binding into Eodwemer’s waiting hand and stepped back to her place in the circle.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #1532
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

"Do you have rings?" asked Eodwemer. Thornden handed a ring to Eodwine and Rowenna handed one to Saeryn. "Eodwine, place the ring on Saeryn's finger and speak your oath."

Eodwine slipped the ring half way onto the third finger of Saeryn's left hand. "Saeryn, this ring is a token of my love. Like this circle it has no end. As I place it around the vein that goes to your heart, let my love go straight to your heart."

Saeryn deftly pulled the ring the rest of the way onto her finger, then slipped a much bigger ring on the third finger of Eodwine's left hand. "Eodwine, this ring is a token of my love. LIke this circle it has no end. As I place it around the vein that goes to your heart, let me love go straight to your heart."

"Now speak handgeld and bridegift," Eodwemer intoned.

"For handgeld, Saeryn," said Eodwine, "my oath is to come to the aid of your brother Degas, Lord of the Folde, when called for any need, as long as the three of us live."

"For bride gift, Eodwine, "said Saeryn, "my oath is that my brother Degas will come to your aid when called upon for any need, as long as the three of us live."

"Have you swords to exchange?" asked Eodwemer.

Thornden handed Eodwine's sword to him. Eodwine offered the hilt to Saeryn. "Saeryn, I give you this my sword as protection against all evils. With it my son will protect you when I am dead."

Saeryn took the sword and traded it with Rowenna for the sword from Harreld. "Eodwine, I give you this sword in exchange for the heirloom of your house, to protect our house while you live."

A low whisper ran through the circle as people wondered who if anyone had remembered. However their fears were soon alleviated and an expectant hush once more filled the air as Ćđel stepped forward.

While others had laboured she had spent the day delicately embroidering a simple linen binding with Lord Eodwine’s Sigils intertwined with what Degas had assured her was Saeryn’s favourite flowers, as he seemed to think that their own Sigils would bring no joy to his sister at present, down each side was also embroidered the words Unity and Love which she thought encapsulated the depth of the oaths her friends where entering into.

“I Ćđel, Have that which is to bind hand and heart of Lord Eodwine and Lady Saeryn before those who Respect, love and serve them.” She announced, raising the binding in the air for all to see.

A Cheer rose up around them as Ćđel smiled warmly at the happy couple, her dark eye’s gleaming with a merriment she had not felt in a long time. Resisting the urge to run up and hug Searyn tightly she placed the white binding into Eodwemer’s waiting hand and stepped back to her place in the circle.

"Please join hands with your betrothed and listen while you are bound by groom's man and brides lady."

Eodwemer held the binding up. Thornden and Rowenna came forward and both took an end, and slowly wrapped it around the clasped hands of the bride and groom.

"Above you are the stars, below you are the stones. Like a stone may your love be firm, like a star may your love be constant. May your thought guide you, let your wills bind you, let your love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your oaths make you inseparable.

"Eodwine, will you have this woman to wife?"

"I will."

"Saeryn, will you have this man as husband?"

"I will."

"Who bears the cup of gladness?" Eodwemer asked.

Okay, it's time for one of the women to bring the cup. Would that be Kara? Or someone else?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #1533
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara would love to. Does she have to say anything specific or simply hand it over? Apologies if this is said further up the thread.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #1534
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd suggest doing a little bit of internet research to see how it was done back in the day, and have Kara and do and say whatever seems fitting.

I plan on filling things in with a few interspersed thoughts from each of my characters, and encourage others to do the same.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #1535
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok ... I should be able to get that written for tomorrow night. If not then Tuesday.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #1536
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This is looking great, folks! I'll try to post something tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #1537
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
K, I really have nothing to add at this point...so, I'll be waiting until someone else (Kath, presumably) posts.

Sorry if this announcement disappoints anyone.

- Foley
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #1538
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Aah sorry all! Came on with the intention of doing this yesterday and got distracted by werewolf. When I get back from school today I will do it.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #1539
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

"Do you have rings?" asked Eodwemer. Thornden handed a ring to Eodwine and Rowenna handed one to Saeryn. "Eodwine, place the ring on Saeryn's finger and speak your oath."

Eodwine slipped the ring half way onto the third finger of Saeryn's left hand. "Saeryn, this ring is a token of my love. Like this circle it has no end. As I place it around the vein that goes to your heart, let my love go straight to your heart."

Saeryn deftly pulled the ring the rest of the way onto her finger, then slipped a much bigger ring on the third finger of Eodwine's left hand. "Eodwine, this ring is a token of my love. LIke this circle it has no end. As I place it around the vein that goes to your heart, let me love go straight to your heart."

"For handgeld, Saeryn," said Eodwine, "my oath is to come to the aid of your brother Degas, Lord of the Folde, when called for any need, as long as the three of us live."

"For bride gift, Eodwine, "said Saeryn, "my oath is that my brother Degas will come to your aid when called upon for any need, as long as the three of us live."

Thornden handed Eodwine's sword to him. Eodwine offered the hilt to Saeryn. "Saeryn, I give you this my sword as protection against all evils. With it my son will protect you when I am dead."

Saeryn took the sword and traded it with Rowenna for the sword from Harreld. "Eodwine, I give you this sword in exchange for the heirloom of your house, to protect our house while you live."

"Please join hands with your betrothed and listen while you are bound by groom's man and brides lady."

Eodwemer held the binding up. Thornden and Rowenna came forward and both took an end, and slowly wrapped it around the clasped hands of the bride and groom.

"Above you are the stars, below you are the stones. Like a stone may your love be firm, like a star may your love be constant. May your thought guide you, let your wills bind you, let your love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your oaths make you inseparable.

"I will."

"I will."

"I do." Kara spoke clearly.

Despite some small nervousness at suddenly being the centre of attention of so many people Kara walked toward Eodwemer with determined steps. She had not expected to participate in the ceremony and hadn't minded, but when Eodwemer had caught her for two moments and asked her to be a bearer she had smiled with delight and agreed on the spot. Kara had seen the two people in front of her now go through such pain during their long, subtle courtship that to be part of their happiness in some small way gave her incredible joy.

"I, Kara, have the cup filled with mead to wish Lord Eodwine and Lady Saeryn a gift from their union and everlasting bliss and gladness."

She handed the cup to Eodwemer and stepped back into the crowd. Seeking Erbrand's hand she took it in hers to watch the remainder of the ceremony. Erbrand looked at her, a little startled at the sudden contact, but Kara was too wrapped up in what was before her to notice.

Eodwemer passed the cup to Eodwine, who in turn held it to Saeryn's lips and spoke.

"Drink deeply, and may you never thirst."

Saeryn drank, took the cup and held it to Eodwine's lips.

"Drink deeply, and may you never thirst." She said in return, and returned the cup to Eodwemer.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #1540
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hope that's ok! Sorry for the delay.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #1541
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Wow! Somehow I've been too busy to notice that this has moved forward. Been a whole week! I'll see what I can do sometime soon.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #1542
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

"I will."

"I will."

"I do." Kara spoke clearly.

Despite some small nervousness at suddenly being the centre of attention of so many people Kara walked toward Eodwemer with determined steps. She had not expected to participate in the ceremony and hadn't minded, but when Eodwemer had caught her for two moments and asked her to be a bearer she had smiled with delight and agreed on the spot. Kara had seen the two people in front of her now go through such pain during their long, subtle courtship that to be part of their happiness in some small way gave her incredible joy.

"I, Kara, have the cup filled with mead to wish Lord Eodwine and Lady Saeryn a gift from their union and everlasting bliss and gladness."

She handed the cup to Eodwemer and stepped back into the crowd. Seeking Erbrand's hand she took it in hers to watch the remainder of the ceremony. Erbrand looked at her, a little startled at the sudden contact, but Kara was too wrapped up in what was before her to notice.

Eodwemer passed the cup to Eodwine, who in turn held it to Saeryn's lips and spoke.

"Drink deeply, and may you never thirst."

Saeryn drank, took the cup and held it to Eodwine's lips.

"Drink deeply, and may you never thirst." She said in return, and returned the cup to Eodwemer.

From within the folds of his cloak Eodwemer produced a length of rope and laid it in a line in front of the bride and groom.

"This rope stands for an end and a beginning. Your lives as two people unrelated ends, and your life as one couple begins. On the count of three, jump. One! Two! Three!"

Eodwine and Saeryn, grinning, jumped over the rope. The crowd applauded.

"Folk of Scarburg," Eodwemer exclaimed, "I give you Lord Eodwine and Lady Saeryn of Scarburg, husband and wife! Seal it with a kiss!"

Eodwine took Saeryn in her arms and their lips met. The kiss of Eodwine and Saeryn was long remembered in Scarburg, and the tale of it spread through out the lands of the Eorlingas. It was both long and lusty, and all who witnessed it first applauded then laughed then murmured in their amazement until Lithor uttered words to break the spell.

"Hey now! That's meant for your own tent! We have a chase!"

Eodwine wiped his lips with a twinkle in his eyes. "Then give chase, but only after we've found our horses! Let's ride, my wife!" They grabbed hands, grinning, and broke through the crowd at a run.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #1543
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Looks good... hmm... great!

Let's see this in the thread as well and then roll it forwards...

EDIT: I see it is there already. Well, let's make it alive then shouldn't we?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #1544
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Wow! Terrific! The wedding post is really great, all you guys who worked on it! Sorry I haven't been involved much lately.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #1545
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The blue eyed suspicious one seems like Erbrand to me. Certainly wouldn't be Harreld. The dark haired flinching girl - Kara? And the guards - Thornden would be giving the orders. Matrim and another. Who wants to write?
Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #1546
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Sorry, I got called away right after putting Iomhair's post up

The blue eyed suspicious one is in fact Balvir, I went with the assumption that Thorden was busy with Rowenna and the Chase :P

The flinching girl is Ćđel and the guard now with her is Matrim.

The third could be anyone but I was thinking Lithor?

I had planned to put up bios for Matrim and Balvir before I was called away, I will try to get them up today, it should make the post a bit clearer.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #1547
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks for the clarifications, Nerindel!

Yes, Thornden would be busy with the chase.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #1548
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm finished with camp, which means that I will probably be able to post more frequently again. Yay! Not today, however. Maybe I'll get a post up on Monday...

-- Folwren
Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #1549
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Which Monday were you talking about?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #1550
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am sorry, really I am. I could make excuses, but then I'd feel miserable doing it, so I won't.

Good news, though - I actually started thinking about my characteres last night, so that may mean that this vicious streak of writer's block is beginning to ease and I will write again soon. Maybe today?

-- Foley
Old 07-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #1551
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It really doesn't matter to me anymore how long this Day drags on. I'll stick to my commitment and remain a part of this RP until this Day is done; but I'm not going to give it any more energy then my fellow RP'rs do. So it's up to the rest of you how healthy this thing is. This is as it should be now, and as it will be when this Day is done.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #1552
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You're right on that score, Elempi, but I wish you didn't have to go.

I was wondering, how long do we want the chase to continue? I'm not going to end it with my post, but I was wondering if I should set it up so that it goes on longer? Not necessarily longer for the number of posts we write, but longer for the characters in the story.

-- Foley
Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #1553
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd say leave it open ended for someone else's character to catch Saeryn. Then Eodwine can go on his first husbandly rampage.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #1554
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I'd say leave it open ended for someone else's character to catch Saeryn. Then Eodwine can go on his first husbandly rampage.
Haha. Sounds exciting.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #1555
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Loved your last post, Nerindel! I hope you don't mind but I got your character riding after the others, I assumed that's what she wanted.

By the way, Lithor's horse is a fast one so it can overtake many of the riders.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #1556
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Hello everybody, I'm finally back. I will think of something for my characters to do sometime this week - but it may prove a slight challenge because they wouldn't participate in the chase and I don't want to add a yet another storyline to this already very prolonged day (although that'd be a nice way to keep LMP around... ). But I will write something.

Seems like everybody's been writing wonderful posts while I was say, and needless to say, my favourite was the wedding post. Loved it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #1557
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well, I'm back. My summer was incredibly busy, but it's over now and I'm hoping I'll be able to start writing now and then.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #1558
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Would children taking part in the chase for the bride and the groom be inappropriate, weird but harmless or quite normal? Whichever the case, I think I'm going to write it, but the answer to that question should tell me how the mother would react.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #1559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think it would be normal. Why not? And how the mother would react depends entirely on what SHE thinks.

-- Folwren
Old 08-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #1560
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have returned. Eönwë-posting is resumed.

edit: Ok, I've read through what I've missed.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-22-2009 at 11:03 AM.