Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #3081
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Elempi, thank you very much for your advice. I will revise my post as you suggested. And I will not make another post for Thornden until you have decided whether or not you'll be re-doing yours.
There's no need for me to revise my post, upon rereading yours. Carry on!

Oooh boy, after reading the Saeryn post, if I were Ginna I'd burst into tears on the spot. This is getting terribly dire, isn't it?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-01-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #3082
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Oooh boy, after reading the Saeryn post, if I were Ginna I'd burst into tears on the spot. This is getting terribly dire, isn't it?
It is getting extremely exciting, if not dire.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #3083
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
It is getting extremely exciting, if not dire.
What, are you expecting a swift resolution?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #3084
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No...but it's still exciting.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #3085
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, I added something for Thornden at the end of my last post on the game thread. If you think Harreld would respond to what Thornden said before leaving, then I can edit the end of my post to reflect that.

I don't like Javan being rewarded with coin. I think if Thornden was not so tired and had been thinking about it and also had not been worried about Harreld, he would have said something. Anyway, I doubt Javan will accept another silver piece.

-- Foley
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #3086
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I shouldn't have read this before the actual game! I mean of course given everything that's happening Ginna's right about ready to burst into tears any minute, but I don't want anyone to think you sort of directed that. Anyway, I'm off to read the game thread. This is exciting!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #3087
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

In case anybody wants proof of Falco's seemingly tall tale, go here: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5614
Old 05-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #3088
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great to see things moving again! I'll be with you tomorrow...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #3089
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley, I'm glad you took out the parenthesis apology.

I was shocked that the post was not a PM post you both put together! Such sensitive writing! Foley this is one of your best pieces of writing (the only better one I can think of is about a coma...).
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #3090
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

lol...Elempi...I appreciate your praise, but it was a PM post, I just didn't have time to post up here on the discussion thread that it was.

I liked this post a lot, too. When we were done, Lhuna mentioned this was the first time we'd written together and she said she hopes we get to do it again soon. I hope so, too.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #3091
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I have to note, I really like how this RPG seems to have come back to life again... nice posting all over the place!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #3092
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
lol...Elempi...I appreciate your praise, but it was a PM post, I just didn't have time to post up here on the discussion thread that it was.

I liked this post a lot, too. When we were done, Lhuna mentioned this was the first time we'd written together and she said she hopes we get to do it again soon. I hope so, too.
Yes, on my re-read (can't get enough of it) it was clear that it HAD to be a PM post. Glad you two did it. Nice writing!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #3093
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Awww Elempi, you're too kind. The post would have gone on longer, but it was getting late for me by then. No, actually, I just wanted to leave it hanging like that.

It was awesome to write that with Foley, particularly because it was rather spontaneous - I must say, nothing says spontaneous RP writing to me like doing it on Facebook! But I'm pleased with what came out of it, and I certainly hope to do it again. Maybe three-way next time.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #3094
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Alright, folks, what's up? We had a great spurt of activity for a matter of four days or so and then naught for over twenty-four hours. Not cool. I notice WW is back in the running. I won't say what I was going to say in respect to that. I hope the Day in that is drawing to a close so some players can come back and post here.

Elempi left an opening for Nogrod in his last post. Of course, Falco was just assuming Athanar wanted to speak. He may not have a speech to give after all. And we're still in the midst of the conversation between Saeryn and Ginna...let's not stall for an indefinite amount of time, now. We want to keep this moving.

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #3095
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
AI notice WW is back in the running. I won't say what I was going to say in respect to that.
Good job of "not" saying it. XD

I have stuff simmering and ready for Harreld but we're not there yet. That's going to take Ginna showing up at the smithy.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #3096
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Good job of "not" saying it. XD
Yeah, thanks, that's what I thought.

Quote:
I have stuff simmering and ready for Harreld but we're not there yet. That's going to take Ginna showing up at the smithy.
Oh, good incentive for Lhuna and I to hurry up and finish our girly conversation.

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #3097
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Oh, good incentive for Lhuna and I to hurry up and finish our girly conversation.
Keep it going. It's not often guys get to listen in on girly conversations....

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-07-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #3098
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Keep it going. It's not often guys get to listen in on girly conversations....
Oh, don't worry. We'll finish it. Girls rarely leave something like this unfinished.

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #3099
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Even the game is silent (in my opinion), and only Nogrod and I signed up for it, so I don't think it's to blame...

I'm getting my post ready right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
That's going to take Ginna showing up at the smithy.
What if it doesn't happen?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #3100
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
What if it doesn't happen?
Yeah right, and the sun doesn't shine during the day time. But really, if it doesn't happen then Harreld's purpose is achieved.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #3101
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
But really, if it doesn't happen then Harreld's purpose is achieved.
Now that's just mean.

Men.

Anyway, the post I am supposedly writing independently is being co-written with Foley as we speak. I had forgotten how much fun this can be.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #3102
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Men.
Yeah, they're surprisingly moody, aren't they?

Quote:
Anyway, the post I am supposedly writing independently is being co-written with Foley as we speak. I had forgotten how much fun this can be.
What? already forgot? It is fun.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #3103
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Yeah, they're surprisingly moody, aren't they?
Heck, women have always known that men can be moody. What might be surprising is how emotional men can be.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #3104
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I was not thinking so much of moody as... playing hard-to-get. And such pride!

It's up. The parts I wrote feel rushed to me, but there you have it.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #3105
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That's another co-post, by the way.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #3106
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Legate, I didn't see your post until after I did mine. I'll edit mine to take yours into account.

Post edited.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #3107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It seems we're back on track. Good.

lmp: I'll try to come in for Falco & Athanar later today...
Old 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #3108
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

lmp: I ended my post with Athanar asking Falco about his friendship with Eodwine. As you have just written it in the dialogue between Falco and Hilderinc, I think you could just take it for granted that he tells it to Athanar (and he listens attentively) and move on to the time after Falco has already told the story... or of course if he won't tell it...
Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #3109
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Foley, would I be right in assuming that the darting shadow is Ginna? If so, then she wouldn't be entering the kitchen but leaving it. Or is my understanding that, to get to the smithy from the kitchen, one would need to go through the hall and out of it incorrect?

I love Saeryn's reaction to seeing Thornden, by the way.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #3110
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lhuna, there is a door from the kitchen to the outside. I figured Ginna would rather dart through the kitchen with only Kara and Frodides to maybe see her (they probably won't if they're working over the fire or something) than go through the crowded hall. She and Saeryn had been talking in the women's quarters right across the way from the kitchen.

I can chnage Ginna's route if you want.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #3111
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Indeed? Haha, I really need to review a map of the place. Thanks for that, I'll change my post accordingly.

Lhuna, the girl with no sense of direction

EDIT: Ah, right, there is a door leading out. Say, this map doesn't say where the smithy is...

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-09-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #3112
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No...when I created it, I wasn't thinking about the smithy. It would be on the same side as the stables, I think, because horses would often be going there for their shoes to be taken on or off, but set apart, so there'd be no risk of fire and such.

What page is the map on, by the way? Iwant to look it up, too.

-- Folwren
Old 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #3113
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I went to the first page of this thread and followed the breadcrumbs - I mean clicked one link after another.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #3114
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
I went to the first page of this thread and followed the breadcrumbs - I mean clicked one link after another.
Oh, that's right. Pio did link it, didn't she? Okay, great, thanks.

-- Foley
Old 05-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #3115
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Oh, by the way, this means Thornden couldn't have seen Ginna leave because the room where she and Saeryn came from is right above the kitchen.

Also, Elempi and I are PM-building a post for Ginna and Harreld.

EDIT: Scrap that, the quarters are beside the kitchen, not above it, so there's still a chance to be seen.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #3116
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The Ginna-Harreld post is already long, so I decided to post up what's done so far. Hope that's okay, Lhuna.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #3117
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Huh, I didn't even notice that it was already long. Facebook messaging is misleading. Anyway, I have no problem with that, Elempi. I like that it breaks this...heavy post into parts.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #3118
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Huh, I didn't even notice that it was already long. Facebook messaging is misleading. Anyway, I have no problem with that, Elempi. I like that it breaks this...heavy post into parts.
Yeah, well, I don't know if I like it. I like the post, but I don't like the wait to see what happens next.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #3119
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Elempi, I hope you don't mind that I posted ahead, too.

(I want to drag this out as lengthily and painfully as possible. *evil laughter*)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #3120
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, if that ended too smuschy, let me know and I'll change it.