The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2003, 08:44 PM   #41
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

A couple minutes ago, I was talking to my sister.

Sis: Go away!
Me: Go away? (and then I started talking to myself)
Me2: I hate you, I hate you!
Me: Where would you be without me? *gollum* *gollum* I saved us. It was me. We survived because of me!
Me2: Not anymore.
Me: What did you say?
Me2: Master looks after us now. We don't need you.
Me: What?
Me2: Leave now and never come back. Leave now and never come back! LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK! (this got some very weird looks from my sister)
Me2: We told him to go away! And away he goes, preciousss. Gone, gone, gone, Sméagol is free! (more weird looks from my sister)

Sis: Leave me alone!
Me: Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness, the bitter watches of the night. When all your life seems to shrink. The walls of your bower closing in about you.

I really expected my sister to say something like, 'Your words are poisen!' but, of course, she didn't. She didn't understand what I was saying at all, because she hasn't seen TTT yet (not that she wants to).
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #42
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I was in math class day dreaming and my teacher asked my for an answer to the classwork... I pointed my pecil at him and said,"If you want it come and claim it!"
Big mistake, but I was supported by other LotR fans.
when does this happen again? ive forgotten

i always go around singing all the lord of the rings songs, i have memorised lots. such as the song of the ent and entwife, the lay of gil galad, the road goes ever on and on, seek for the sword that was broken... it goes on. i also always quote lines.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #43
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
There is this thread in the MIDDLE EARTH MAYHEM section that is called something like 101 ways to freak your friends and family out,
could you please tell me what it is actually called?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #44
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a funny story to do with that, one day i was playing with my cousins and fireworks [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

so i set of a bottle rocket in my bare hand and had smoke all over me, and i said to my cousin, "That was great Merry, let's get another on!"
Old 04-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #45
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I love doing weird Gollum things, but I can't do the voice. I even invented a word: "gollumic". I think the meaning is self-explanatory. This one time at our church there was a constant banging upstairs, and I did the whole drums in the deep thing. Then there are the times that all of my LOTR-obssessed friends and I suddenly start doing the dance which Frodo dances in the movies during Bilbo's birthday party (it must be the Springle-ring [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). I also love to use LOTR quotes, book or movie, in any situation that is appropriate.
Also, my best friend just loves to scare me by doing her Gollum act or Grishnakh act (whichever she most feels like doing) in the dark. It always freaks me out because she's really good at doing imitations and mimicking people.
Every time I see a large flock of crows I yell "Crebain from Dunland!" and always get asked what crebain are.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #46
Adutincowen
Pile O'Bones

Adutincowen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

It just so happens, my friend has a copy of The Precious (which she wears around on asilver chain, no less!) and every so often a conversation like this happens:

Me: "Can I wear that necklace?"
Her: "The one with The Precious?"
Me: "Yes!"
Her: "Why?"
Me: "Because they stole it from ussssss! Nasty Hobbitssss!"
Her: ......
Me: "...and we WANTSSS IT BACK!!"

(this makes perfect sense to us, as she is the approximate size of a Hobbit)

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Adutincowen ]

*~Adutincowen Whitetree~*
Adutincowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 07:09 PM   #47
Heathie4479
Pile O'Bones

Heathie4479 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Heathie4479
Sting

WoW! I was cracking up while I was reading these!! LoL Now for my story! Ok, one time me and my friends went to a friend's vocal concert and the building had a automatic door. We went though the door like 6 times saying 'Mellon' each time! People were staring at us and it was really funny! Also, during study hall me and my friend always take LOTR quizes online, insted of doing our homework and shout out the answeres and sigh really loud when we get questions wrong and our whole class makes fun of us! I find it really funny! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Heathie4479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:59 PM   #48
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
...the building had a automatic door. We went though the door like 6 times saying 'Mellon' each time!
Heehee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm gonna start doing that when I go to the library...
Old 05-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #49
Nyneve
Animated Skeleton

Nyneve has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had A ring made of some sort of black stone and my friend wanted to look at it and I started yelling, "mustn't hurt the precious!" and I dropped it by accident and it shattered into a million pieces and she said, "Cool! I didn't know mount Doom Was in our French Class!"
Old 05-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #50
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Nyneve, I bet the ring was made of hematite. That stuff shatters so easily, it's really not fair. My friend has gone through 3 hematite rings in a year! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

My condolances on the loss of your precious.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #51
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are hilarious!! I love them all!

Some times when I ask Aulë a question and he doesn't answer me immediately I mock Treebeard and go "Hoom hoom hoooooooooom, lets see know, let us not be hasty." He just looks at me and says, "It's not funny!"
I find it rather funny and I can't stop laughing.
My daughter Lalaith is seriously afraid of Gollum so I can't do any of his lines in his voice. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Poor Child! *laughs*

I was at my mum and da's house and I was helping da burn cardboard in the furnace and when he opened it up flames came shooting out and I was going to shout "Flame of Udun!” but I decided to see if his facial hair was still in tact! *laughs heartily*

I am planning a few new ones. I'll let you know how it turns out. Then again maybe we should post it in Middle Earth Mayhem?? Sorry not a mod [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
~(~<~> Yavanna

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Yavanna Kementari ]
Old 05-05-2003, 10:44 PM   #52
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My mother and I were out shopping in the early morning, and we were goofing around.

Me: I'm hungry. When's breakfast?
Mom: You've already had it.
Me: "well, I've had one, yes; what about second breakfast?"

She got it, too! My mother doensn't love LOTR like me and hasn't read any of the books, but she adores Pippin and has seen both of the movies.

"If you want it, come and claim it" is from the FotR, when Arwen is at the Ford, and the Wraiths demand that they give her the halfling (and call her a she-elf.) You might remember it from the old trailers.

-'Vana

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote