The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2002, 10:34 AM   #41
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'd invite them in for some pipeweed of course!!!!!

although...i've never smoked anything in my life [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:14 PM   #42
Legolas Lover

Eye

Does it matter wich one?I would grab Merry adn take him in the shower with me.Or can Legolas come to my door?If Legolas came to my door..well that is another story >_>

Love Always Legolas Lover [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2002, 07:37 PM   #43
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would scream "Bad dog! Put him down right now! Nooooooooo!...Oh, man, do I smell a lawsuit."
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 12:22 AM   #44
Feanor
Pile O'Bones

Feanor has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hi ya ppl! jst testing...
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 12:59 AM   #45
araukaroch_the_elf

Silmaril

Wow, if a real hobbit came to my door I'd jump up and down screaming for a moment, then get confused and talk elvish to them, then invite them in for whatever meal it was closest to for them. After talking to them for a looong time I would beg for me to tekr me with them when/if they returned to Middle-Earth, and I'd give them every courtesy possible.
If one of the hobbit actors(Elijah, Sean, Billy, Dominic) came to my door, I'd jump up and down screaming for a long time, then invite them in for a drink or something, then I'd make myself look like a fool by constantly dropping stuff in my amazement. I'd probably look like one of these two:
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2002, 09:28 PM   #46
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Actually, I did see a hobbit once.

I was in a highrise office building, coming down the elevator when I glanced through a crowd of people... and there was this young fellow, chipper, could not have been more than 4' 9" tall, conservatively dressed and well-mannered, with neatly combed hair. I was right behind him on the escalator wondering why he plucked at some memory. I realized: he's a hobbit. I'll be darned.

So now I've seen one, I can die happy.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #47
Aroaraniel
Wight

Aroaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aroaraniel
Sting

Ditto on that, Davin!! I think it would be nifty if Pippin came knocking on my door! Or Frodo...or Merry...

Smoking pipeweed...I do wonder what that is like...I haven't smoked anything in my life as well! So I wouldn't even know a thing about it!
Aroaraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:43 AM   #48
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Hmmm...interesting reactions...*takes a few notes for science class*.
I stand by my first reactions...
Halbereth Diagona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:07 PM   #49
Eressiė Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressiė Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressiė Ailin
Question

Quote:
I think I'd probably do something surprisingly stupid like pinch their little ears to make sure they were real hobbits and not mean little children coming to destroy my sanity.
That kinda sounds like what I would do....
Eressiė Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:12 PM   #50
Tinuviel Took
Wight

Tinuviel Took has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

For me this is an easy one. After the intial surprise and I remember my manners and invite them in I would feed them and discuse their genealogy with them (seeing as hobbit family trees our mutually interesting to both of us). Hobbits have the most interesting relitives so we will likely discuse them at some length as well. And I will likely be excited enough to feed them mushrooms, and not even mind the smell when they fry them. They'd certainly go to waste in my house anyway (the mushrooms not the hobbits).
Old 04-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #51
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Just don't pull their hair to make sure it's not a wig! I have know idea what I'd do...oh well, I probably won't have to worry about it anyway! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:00 PM   #52
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

This is an interesting thread! I like it.

If a hobbit showed up at my door I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact there is a couple that live in an underground house not far from me and it is built into the side of a great hill. I would think it was them and ask them if it is warm in a hillside during the winter!

If an Elf showed up? I'd pack myself and my family,mount my horse and be off with them to live in Rivendell or Lorien! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

If a Nazgul showed up at my door? I'd take him O-U-T!! Only girls can you know!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] hehe.

If Gollum showed up at my door I would offer him a place to stay...after all I don't have the ring! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

If Gandalf showed up at my door, I would hug him and say what has kept you away so long?

If Gimli showed up here I would ask him to resize my wedding rings for me. Hey why pay when you have a perfectly capable dwarf there and all he asks for is food and a rubberband for his beard? LOL

If Grima showed up I would turn the garden hose on and soak him down and shampoo his whole dirty, grimy ,bad self! Yucky!

If Saruman showed up I'd sick my dog on him!!

And last but not least,if Boromir or Aragorn showed up....well I can't tell you that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] but good thread!! -(~<~> Yavanna
Old 04-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #53
Eressiė Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressiė Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressiė Ailin
Question

Quote:
And last but not least,if Boromir or Aragorn showed up....well I can't tell you that
Same here... but only with Aragorn!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Eressiė Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #54
Adutincowen
Pile O'Bones

Adutincowen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If a hobbit came to my door,I'd run out the door and into the woods, babbling incoherently [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

if it was an elf...... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

don't even get me started on Aragorn or Borimir!

*~Adutincowen Whitetree~*
Adutincowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:05 AM   #55
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would invite them in to my house and take them out to a buffet. Wouldn't you all think that a hobbit would just love an all-you-can eat buffet (especially the all-you-can eat part)

Though they may have a problem with the average Buffet's lack of a fine selection of ales [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 12:16 PM   #56
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

If a hobbit came to my door, my jaw would also drop. I would grab his coat and put it on a coat-hanger. Drag him inside make him sit and I would run in the kitchen put the kettle on and rapidly chuck some food together and make him sit for hours and make him tell me about his adventures over and over again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. He would probably look at me like I am crazy… wouldn’t he?
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:00 PM   #57
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

If a hobbit really came to my door I would probably do a second take, and a third, and a fourth, then I would relize it's real and invite him/her in to eat and drink with me... But if an Elf cane to my door I would do the same thing and be sooooo happy you have no idea! *sighs in contement* Elves.......
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:20 AM   #58
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

If a hobbit came to my door.. im imagining it would go something like this...

I would open the door and stare blankly at it..
Hobbit: can i please come inside... its.. just... i ...need to hide from a black figure of a horse...
Everdawn: I dont believe you..
Hobbit: please... im begging you..
Everdawn: youre from the government arent you?
Hobbit: NO
Everdawn: look! i never sold that intelligence information to the US.. OK! And i know nothing about that sattellite in my backyard... and that building down the street, that has all those wierd computer thingies in it... NOT MINE...
Hobbit: please, im not from the...
Everdawn: Look, im sick of your tricks!

Ringwraith rides up and snatches hobbit...
HObbit: ahhhh!!!
Everdawn: Yeah! you keep running! youll never find the evidence!...go to hell!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 05:36 AM   #59
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dūm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Slightly paranoid, Everdawn? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
If a Nazgul showed up at my door? I'd take him O-U-T!! Only girls can you know!! hehe.
... sorry, my sleep-deprived brain registered that "O-U-T!!" part as "dating" and I can't think seriously for the next half hour. *sits in her chair smirking quietly*

Mmkay, that done:

For a Hobbit, I would most likely blink a few times, stare at them curiously, then ask what their business was. Then, I'd let them be on their way.

For an Elf, I'd probably stare at their pointy ears a while and wonder what genetic mutation caused such a phenomenon. If they stuck around, they'd probably get ushered away.

For a Nazgūl, I wouldn't even open the door. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

For Boromir, he'd get a good long stare, then I'd probably squeak and slam the door, realize what I did and open it quickly, only to slam it again. Needless to say, he'd think I'm not quite right in the mental department, more so if he actually got past the doorstep.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:39 PM   #60
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If it was a hobbit, i'd ask him how much i'd have to pay him to make me my very own hobbit hole
Old 12-15-2003, 08:32 PM   #61
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I would probably be about as flustered as Bilbo was when dwarves turned up unexpectedly at his door.

or

I would first blink, then ask what it wanted, then realize I wasn't breathing and my face was turning blue, then pass out before I had a chance to breathe.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:28 PM   #62
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

If a Hobbit came to my door... I wish. Anyways, if a Hobbit DID come to my door, I would scream for joy, hug him or her, and ask them to come in for lunch [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] , and I guarentee I would be cooking quite a lot that day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:30 PM December 21, 2003: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM   #63
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Two words........MIDGET TOSS!!!

But seriously I would invite them in,offer them a meal and a pipe,and then ask them if they were going to head back to Middle Erath,if so ask if I can come along. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 04:45 PM   #64
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

I would invite them in(if it was a group)
If it was a SPECIFIC hobbit named Merry, I would make him fall in love with me...
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #65
Rasputin
Pile O'Bones

Rasputin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rasputin
Sting

i'd let them in and lure them into a pillowsack with a turkey and several pints of whiskey. then sell them for 1million dollars to a traveling circus.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 06:02 PM   #66
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

That's mean.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:20 PM   #67
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

Oh, thank you. this will be easy to explain. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm... let's see. Chances are they wouldn't make it past the threshold. And i mean it. To make this an easier thing to picture, i'm going to make this into an imaginable thing. Let's call the Hobbit " Tombas". Ok , then. here is what my poor little hobbit would see.

Tombas suddenly finds himself out in the cold, it is raining and not so far away there is a door. It seems very inviting, there's even an inviting glow from the window. But, the rest of this shelter seems dark and mysterious. Then as it may, his hobbit senses kick in.The left side of his brain forbids him to go near this mysterious place of welcome. But, his belly has sway over most of his thoughts at this time and tells him the spoils to be found ,if he at leasts knocks on the glowing door of paradise. So very slowly, he walks up to the door. Now he realizes, the door seemed to be playing tricks with his eyes, it had gone from three feet to a huge six feet tall! Now he began to have doubts, but his belly and the sharp nipping wind seemed to push him closer until he found himself knocking on the door. Slowly but surely, the door opened. But, only about three inches did it sway, were Tombas found two glowing eyes. Now, they didn't seem evil or menaceing, but they were very mysterious and almost charming. He seemed to be under a spell when he looked at them . Just two, normal sized white neon glowing eyes. Then with all the courage he could muster, he gave a faint excuse for his intrusion. " I'm sorry, but it is cold and i have no place to go. My home is so far away and i was wondering, if wasn't a problem if i could stay here until i was feeling better. Only that is, if it was approved by you of corse. I mean no harm."

There was a long silence, then the eyes like magic disappeared. Tobmas thought he had scared the eyes away or even worse, has angered them and was just waiting on the door step to be killed. Then the door flew open with a force more alarming than the wind. There in the door way floated a phantom it seemed, but it had the two friendly glowing eyes. Tombas didn't dare move or speak, afraid of what would happen next. The phantom was as it seemed about 5 feet 6 inches in its lifetime and gnagly. It then smiled and said with an errie tone: "Um, Hello. Are you lost? Because if you are i could probly help you find your way home. I am sorry though, i don't have any food for a mortal i'm afraid. That is, if your doomed to die within the next 12 hours then you might as well come in. Oh and by the way, I'm The KA. my brother is The BA. He's not here right now though, busy running errands for the dead. Who might you be?"

All Tombas could do was stand there. He felt like he had been struck dead like a rabbit. Then the Phantom went to go shake his hand, Tombas began to Scream. Every thing was gonig black, and Tombas seemed as if he was going Unconcious. The phantom then with its hands on it's hips shook it's head and said: "Ah! not another one! You cruel world! All i want is a friend and this time not dead, dying, doomed, crazy, lunatic, or floating in a boat falling down a water fall!"

The Phantom then moved Tombas out of the rain , covered him with a blanket and slamed the door. There Tombas lay under a tree outside. Just as he had before he woke up but, not in the rain.

Funny huh? I've got this feeling that i'm going to be the next Edgar Allen Poe? Yes? No? Well, i don't really care. At least poor little Tombas got a blanket. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I am nice you know. But, i tend to scare people. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:40 PM   #68
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

Oh, i just can't stop this is such a wonderful topic! Who would come to a phantom's door? hmm... someone who's actually died in middle earth and is terribly lost. Oh, well. I'd Invite Boromir's Ghost in, we would discuss some mental therapy in the near future for him. then i would give him my card and ask to see him tomorrow in my office,in the underworld 2:00 p.m. sharply. He would have to bring his Ka and Ba too for identification as well. This guy would need alot of therapy time. deffinately.

As, for Denethor well, i don't do therapy for families just individuals. And besides, i'd probly send him to The Grim Reeper. Pyromatic ghost are his department. Not mine. I deal with Lost, corrupted, Confused. Tell me how did i die again? ,died too soon, or i was too depressed anyway and felt horrible and couldn't be seen again ghosts. Now you know.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:45 PM   #69
Rasputin
Pile O'Bones

Rasputin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rasputin
Sting

ohhhh, phantoms eh? i'd invite the witch-king and sauron so we could discuss how to rob a quik-e-mart and gain some extra cash. just imagine sauron holding a sword up to the clerk and telling him to give him all of his gold
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:40 AM   #70
Fķriel of Ao Tea Roa
Pile O'Bones

Fķriel of Ao Tea Roa has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Well, let“s extend the subject to include the whole bunch:

Hobbit: I would run to hide all my food

Elf: I would run to hide all my toiletries

Ranger: I would stand in front of all animals, and friends, in reach - for security reasons (who knows what exactly those trigger-happy men go for)

Nazgūl: Slam the door shut. Probably yell some obsceneties, too. Then run around the house and whack them from behind

Uruk-Hai: Whack them over the head straight away, they tend to be a bit slow..

And:

Wizards: Remember not to accept any inscribed jewellery

Ent: Remember NOT to offer any tea

PJ: Remember to take his red shirt ransom until he changes movie-Faramir back to book-Faramir for the ultimate edition
Old 01-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #71
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi everyone I've been away for ages first with school then we went away on holidays I only just got back finally but I just like to say I hope you all had a great christmas and a wonderful new year
(Anyway onto the topic)

If a hobbit came to my door I would probably
start jumping up and down in the hallway shrieking with joy then I would invite them in ask them if they knew Frodo (If it was Frodo) I would invite him in for tea and also hide every ring and gold chain I own just incase he thought they were corrupted.

If it was a ranger I would invite him in then secretly spay him with ether body spray or deoderant.

If it was a wizard I would offer him tea and then ask how he ended up outside my house

If it was an elf I would beg them to take me with them

Same goes for the Dwarfs except I would want to see the diamond caves

Oh and I agree with Firel of Ao tea Roa if peter jackson came to my door I would threaten him with certain death if he didn't write Faramirs character back to the way the book had it.
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #72
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Well, let“s extend the subject to include the whole bunch:
And have i been waiting for someone to say that!

The bell to my door rings a few minutes after the hobbit comes. And i find Legolas standing at my door.

Me: Oh no you dont!
Legolas: Your hair is so shiny! how do you get it that way?
Me: *flattered* Well, i use- HANG ON! no you dont!
Legolas: I want that shampoo Everdawn!
Me: Never! *i slam the door and put the deadlock on*
Legolas: *calling from outside* Ill get you my pretty! And your little dog too!
Me *from inside*: I dont have a dog, Fool!

Denethor&gt;&gt;
Denethor: Hello
Me: Hi....
Denethor: I was-
Me: Everthing in my house is fire proof, i sold my flamethrower, i dont have a fire place and before i saw you coming i threw all my matches in the sink and turned the water on. As for my lighter, i drove my car over it!
Denethor: I see, well ill just be off them, Meela's sure to be looking for me...

Nazgūl&gt;&gt;
Me: The hobbits went that way..

Strider&gt;&gt;
Me: The bathroom is down the hall to the left.

Éomer&gt;&gt;
Me: Come right in and stay as long as you like, prescious.

PJ&gt;&gt;
Me: Just shake my head at him sadly and close the door.

Tolkien Pureists&gt;&gt;
Me: PJ went that way&gt;&gt;

Boromir&gt;&gt;

Me: I havnt got the ring!
Boromir: What are those shiny things on your fingers?
Me: Rings.
Boromir: GIVE THEM TO ME!
Me: uh, ok, but they wont do nothin'

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:14 PM January 01, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:07 PM   #73
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Pipe

I would probably give him/her a hug and squish the poor thing! I would then offer him/her food.
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #74
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I'd feed them mushrooms of course! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:31 PM   #75
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ask them to wait, leave, and return in full Ringwraith costume.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:32 PM   #76
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Now that is just cruel. Why be a Nazgul when you can return in full, Dark-Lord regalia? Complete with the spiky helmet and mace! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #77
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I guess since I found the movie Ringwraith costumes more frightening then the Power Ranger Sauron 2.0 outfit [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img].
Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #78
Morgoth's Apprentice
Animated Skeleton

Location: In Angband, chillin with Morgoth and learning how to take over the world
Morgoth's Apprentice has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morgoth's Apprentice
If a hobbit came to my door: I'd tell him I'd be right back, call up sauron and be like, the ringbearer's at my door, send in the Nazgul!!
If a Nazgul came to my door: I'd tell him he has to take off his hood...then tell him the hobbits are waiting in the sitting room....
Morgoth's Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote