The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #241
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I'm bored of waiting.

++Lhunardawen
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #242
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I'll try and make a responce to Mormegil's well-thought out, but somewhat misguided accusation post against me... We start with the Day 1 posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Post 61

Introduction post not a big deal but of note he says that he thinks we should lynch a villager but HE’S not going to push for it…why?

Post 64

Refutes my random plan a bit but not with great sense—two random votes are not bandwagons. Bandwagons are when people vote one way because they see others doing it.

Post 73

Brings up my plan again saying it won’t work but casts doubt on Anguirel. Then says something about mass-abstaining from voting. He just said not too long before that we should lynch somebody now we are to mass-abstain from voting?
Remember, this was Day 1. No one could be proven innocent based on voting records or reasons for lynching people because none were as yet known. With Post 61, I was hesitant to push for a lynching myself because pushing for a lynching always is a very wolfish thing to do- and as an innocent, I wanted as many villagers left alive as possible. In my last village, I didn't give enough thought to the consquences of killing my fellow villagers, and so the Werewolves won and I was on the table for supper.

As regards 73, my idea of mass-abstention was just that: an idea. Obviously, once someone started voting, it was entirely out of the question, but the idea occurred to me at that point that it might be interesting if the entire village didn't vote. After all, what could the phantom have done to a whole village of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil
Post 103

A seemingly insubstantial post but it carries much weight to those who dig through it. He is bringing up his profession again and cast doubt on Anguirel for his opening vote and for me for suggesting some plan of action (it would seem that he thinks plans and coordination are bad things) Then he admits to being a supporter of, as he calls it, the anti-LMP bandwagon. This is from the person who just go done warning of random votes causing bandwagons now he is saying he is in favor of this one and why? Because of his personal life.
By now someone had already voted, I believe, so my mass-abstention idea was no longer viable. As for Anguirel and LMP, I was "thinking" out loud as to who to vote for. As already mentioned, there was no evidence as to who the Wolves were, and being smart, they weren't going to go and show themselves. So a random reason was as good as any other, and the best random reason I could come up with was LMP's "personal" life.

Quote:
Post 114

Wow! There is something here that I did not perceive before

A victim? He says this rather casually but we are not looking for victims we are looking for offenders and murderers. This could possible be a great slip up. Also this is the notorious “I find this deeply insulting” post that raised red flags anyway and I think that is why I didn’t see this juicy tidbit before hand.
Make what you will of it. Innocents and Werewolves lynched by us villagers are the victims of our votes as surely as Eomer and LMP were the Werewolves victims.

As for the "deeply insulted" bit, I've explained that before, and harping on about that isn't going to make it any clearer than it already is.

Quote:
Post 117

Here he votes for Mister Underhill. His vote is in the middle of all the other votes at 7th and his reasoning seems decent yet I feel that we should give the new members of our village the benefit of the doubt on Day 1. He does not. It could be a possible attempt to get easy prey but it didn’t work. Now the problem with this vote it can be viewed either way and I recognize that. He could be an innocent voting for somebody he truly though suspicious or a werewolf picking on an easy target on Day 1 and yet not drawing too much attention on a more suspicious vote. So nothing incredibly concrete here.

Post 165

His first long post of the game. Basically he outlines what people did on the previous day and analyzes it. However, his analysis is more or less the same on each person. He identifies some aspect of potentially suspicious behavior and then negates it by saying that they could be innocent. Gives a broad suspect list at the end consisting of “late-voters” Fea and Mister Underhill with Lhuna and Encai after that. Says a lot but really doesn’t take a bold stand or stick out on anything.
Of course it was my first long post of the game! Master Mormegil, surely you remember my style from the LAST village we died in? My style is to have one major post per day, listing all current players, and saying what I'm feeling about them. This was rather impossible on Day 1, when there was nothing to go by. On Day 2, there are things to go by, but there is no established pattern, and I am usually hesitant to condemn anyone without being 100% positive about it- a lesson learned from the "Wilwarin and Azaelia Situations" in my last villager.

Quote:
Post 186

He answers my question regarding his reaction to his previous post. Says he was offended because Boromir voted for him because of his view on LMP. I say if there is nothing else to go on with Day 1 (because if Boro is innocent he didn’t see the problem with Cailin) then a vote for you for that reason seems legitimate enough. Defends himself and his vote for Mister Underhill at the end.

Post 192

A quick post in which he votes for Mister Underhill. He stated his reason up in post 165 and basically is was because Mister’s vote tied Ang with Cailin. A decent reason and I pointed out too that Mister’s vote was somewhat suspicious. This is the second day in which he voted for Mister Underhill and didn’t get much support.

Post 227

He’s quick to point out, like Boromir, that he hasn’t yet voted for a known innocent. As I’ve already stated that is not necessarily a good thing to point out. Who knows who known innocents are? The wolves of course. This is another point that could go either way but it’s worth mentioning.

This post is similar to 165 with a summary at the end of Feanor being the prime suspect and Mister Underhill and Encai below Fea. Mister Underhill is cut some slack here. Overall a decent post and seems helpful.
Not much to say here, since there aren't really any accusations to defend myself from. Thank you for explaining why I seem so suspicious, as you said at the end:

Quote:
So what is my final assessment of Formendacil? A lot of insubstantial and small post mingled with a couple of long seemingly helpful post. Active enough to stay visible yet not stirring the waters so to speak. Yet overall I’m not sure but leaning to the suspicious side.

I hope that this satisfies both Formendacil’s request for why we suspect him and TGWBS’s request of the same.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #243
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm still undecided and going off to sleep over my thoughts. I shall set my alarm to wake me early so as to vote before the deadline. That means two things: 1 - I will not be posting during the next hours. 2 - I will be voting late for a change. I hope no one will try to interpret that to my disadvantage. G'night!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #244
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay, finally caught up reading, at least. No time for a completely substantive post, but I'll put in a few thoughts at least:

Fea: I don't flat-out accuse anyone of guilt because I'm not sure of their guilt. I'm more suspicious of people who make definitive statements -- he's guilty, she's a "known innocent". Only the seer and the wolves are in a position to make such accusations, as far as I can see. Having said that, I'm leaning away from you as a prime suspect, based on your and others' posts today. Still have my eye on you, but less convinced than I was when I cast my vote yesterday.

Formendacil has risen high on my list. Has voted for me twice and I know I'm innocent. I was willing to write it off earlier as misguided voting, but Form's still after me, despite having other more suspicious candidates. Either he's a wolf trying to keep suspicion of me high or is a seriously misguided villager. More than this, though, is morm's post 236, which lays out a pretty damning case against Form -- especially that "victim" slip. Nice catch.

Some compelling points have been made about Lhuna, though I can't get a read on her. On my suspicious list, but I don't know if I have enough evidence to cast a vote her way yet.

Esty's been flying under the radar. She's managed to avoid controversy for the most part, but if she's as confused as I am as a first time player, I'm not surprised that she'd be trying to play it safe. I still feel pretty good about her.

Can't figure out tgwbs -- his analysis posts seem helpful and straightforward, but not incredibly insightful. Haven't seen anything yet to make me think "wolf", but not sure of him either.

Right now I'm leaning towards Enca or Form as my top suspects.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #245
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
What if...

What if Esty was a wolf? Hitherto I have given her little notice, largely passing her off as innocent. But maybe not...?

Her lack of concrete suspicions could easily be passed off as a werewolf newcomer's general uncertainty in trying to figure out her place. She has started to give some stronger opinions, but that could be a cautious wolf figuring out where it would be safe to cast suspicion.

IF she were, I think her cohort would have to be Fea. Her primary vein of suspicion has been the people who voted for Ang on Day 1 - Encai, Mr. Underhill, and Lhuna. Also, she tried to take suspicion off herself for having voted for Shelob two days in a row by placing focus on Formendacil and Boromir. It could also be Morm, I suppose, but I'm fairly convinced of his innocence.

Esty has said that Fea is unpredictable and mentions her as slightly suspicious. Fea has been fairly convinced of Esty's innocence, though she would "put little past her." Fea could very well unpredictably be trying some subtlety...

Now this basically negates every theory I've so far put out there, so I'm by no means saying it's correct. But certainly something to think about.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #246
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Firefoot I hear you and think it is worth looking into. As I believe you to be innocent I trust your analysis so I ask you to do a full investigation of her please. I feel like I did a decent one of Formendacil. I'm still trying to get a grip on three others I deem suspicious. Namely

Feanor
Encaitare
TGWBS

so if you would complete this I would be most grateful.

Let me say in brief that I don't know if I'm 100% sold on Fea's latest post it sounds sincere which is rather odd for her.

Edit: the one downside about accusing Esty right now is that she won't be able to defend herself but if she is a wolf who cares.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #247
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Let me say in brief that I don't know if I'm 100% sold on Fea's latest post it sounds sincere which is rather odd for her.
Would you prefer I was a sincere innocent that sat in front of a computer for HOURS on one of my only days off, pouring through the thread for clues, weird statements, and every speck of "important" information I could find, or would you prefer me being a bloody lying lycan?

Just thought I'd ask.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #248
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Fea, so you want to know why I changed my views on you, hey?

Well, I think you are probably one of the most likely person here to try to attempt a bluff, but I just think you are being set up.

Taking last voting day into account it seemed high suspicions of you were growing (myself included, and I believe lmp was quite suspicious of you too), a perfect set up for the wolves. They have an easy target to go after (you) the next day if one of the people that you suspected was killed. Also if they kill the person you voted for.

So, either you're pulling a bold bluff (which I think you are capable of attempting), or the wolves thought they'd have an easy target to go after if they set you up. As of right now I'm thinking it's more of the latter, unless of course you are telling me that you are bluffing and are a wolf?

I also suspect that with high suspicions of me early the Seer has already dreamed of me, which makes me innocent, so of course you don't want to get rid of me. I feel confident today that the one's with a lot of pressure on them today atleast one is a wolf (Formendacil, Lhuna, or Enca). So, again...I'm going to vote for...

++Formendacil

If Form's a wolf, this makes me still perfect, and hopefully you numbskulls will finally see that I'm innocent.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #249
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am going to make my intentions know that I will be waiting to vote until near the end and I would like Firefoot to do the same. The reason is because we are generally accepted as most likely innocents and I currently believe Firefoot to be innocent and we may as well take advantage of this to the benefit of the other innocents. By saving our votes till the end we can monitor todays voting for wolfish behavior and hopefully stop and back door shenanigans from happening. And if it's close I would rather Firefoot or I be the tie breaker and not others.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #250
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Once again for me, Master Boromir? Well, there is naught that I can do but shake my head...

For myself, I do not know with a certainty if I can be on ere the end of the day, so I will vote. Fea was at the top of my suspicions list, and so...

++Feanor of the Peredhil
Old 10-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #251
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

All right, I'll see what I can do.

Post 44

While she does not come out and say "I'm innocent," there are strong undertones of this. Strong emotions, phrases like "fellow villagers," etc. As far as words go, the gist of the meaning is "I'm not sure what I'm doing, I'll have to wait and see what happens before making any decisions." As Esty herself has confessed, she has a flair for the dramatic which makes this more difficult as dramatic tends to be something I look for in a wolf. Nothing conclusive here.

Post 51

She starts out defending herself to Boromir, who accused her on the grounds of "horrible sewing." Again, she states that she has no knowledge of what anyone else is and we don't have enough to judge people on, just words. This could be construed to look innocent or guilty, depending on how you look at it, and it comes down to the same Esty question - is she really not sure, an inexperienced wolf, or both?

Post 65

Some in-character response to LMP and a reiteration of the sentiment that she can't trust anyone. Same as 51 - could be made to look innocent or guilty.

Post 81

States that she will have to vote either early or late, and that it seems that her vote will be random as she has no real suspicions. Could be an innocent not sure of what's going on or a wolf not wanting to cast suspicions to soon to loudly.

Post 93

Repeats that her vote will be random as she has no idea how to form some suspicions. Same as above.

Posts 96-97

Votes for Shelob using a completely random method of the eenie meenie minie mo sort, hoping it was a good vote. If this wasn't her first ww game, I would be concerned, as generally it's better to vote for someone you think at least could be suspicious (I'd say). As it is, I'm not sure. This could be an easy way to hide.

Post 148

After some more dramatics (Esty, don't get me wrong. If dramatics and in-character stuff is your style of play, go for it. Look at Fea. ), she states for the first time that she thinks one of the wolves is probably among those who voted for Ang. In itself, this is not very suspicious; however, if she were a wolf, I think it would be safe to say that none of these four (now three) people she is accusing are wolves. From what we've seen so far of Esty, I wouldn't doubt that if she were a wolf in this game, caution would be her preferred style of play, not incriminating her fellow wolves any more than absolutely necessary to keep up appearances. And if her fellow wolf is Fea, as I suggested in my above post, this could work well.

Post 158

Repeats her suspicions of those four who voted for Ang; see above. She also mentions that Shelob's early vote for Lhuna is curious, and wonders what that might tell us about Shelob. She seems to be trying to cast some guilt on her, more deflection of attention.

Post 174

This is her first really substantial post of the game. She starts out repeating her suspicions of those four Ang-voters, though she doesn't seem to be very firm about those. For everyone else she names as being possibly suspicious, she seems to immediately negate that sentiment with a "but I'm not sure" or "there's not enough evidence." The only candidate she names as being wholly unsuspicious is TGBWS because his logic seems sound to her - who both days has voted with her consecutively for Shelob. She also does not identify Fea ("unpredictable") or LMP ("not enough information") as being particularly innocent or guilty. Interesting that she has not commented on at all the voting of me, LMP, and Morm for Cailin, neither to think we're innocent or guilty because of it, which just about everyone else has. It could have been an oversight, but I would think that it would factor in. This phrase, finishing her post, caught my eye just now: "So far I can't recognize the seer, but that's probably good. If I could, I'm sure the experienced wolves would as well!" Something about this turn of a phrase doesn't sit well with me. Now that I try to explain it, it doesn't work, but it made me go "What?"

Post 178

She votes for Shelob, having noticed that TGWBS has also voted for her. She mentions that she is hesitant to do so but goes ahead with it anyway because she is her greatest suspicion. Because of this, I don't think she would be a wolf with TGWBS, but it's possible. They could be bluffing, and with wolves able to talk all day, it would be easy enough for them to plan it. Hm...

Post 205

All dramatics. I don't think anything can be taken out of it.

Post 214

Most suspiciously, that's the post that's had me singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" all day... Seriously though: She defends her position of having voted for Shelob two days in row along with TGBWS. As support she mentions that Formen and Boromir have both voted for the same person as well - deflecting the spotlight off of her and TGWBS. I don't think she would deflect attention onto a fellow wolf like that, so if she is a wolf I dobut Formen or Boromir is as well. She also questions whether the wolves were actually going after the ranger or the person he was guarding. Genuine or an attempt to make it look like she doesn't know what the wolves are doing?

Post 220

She says that her vote for Shelob was made regardless of what TGWBS did because Shelob topped her suspect list, which is true enough. She had been suspicious of Shelob, though I suppose the wolves could have had Shelob targeted. That sounds a little far-fetched though, and it seems more likely that if she is a wolf, TGWBS is not her partner but possibly someone she attached herself to, or even someone with no intended connection at all.

Post 224

She goes back to her theory that one of the wolves voted for Ang, in particular looking at Encai. She also suggests a possible Encai/Fea partnership. Honest, or trying to distance herself from Fea?

Post 235

Here is where she comments on her own enjoyment of getting into a role a bit more and being rather dramatic. Whether she is innocent or guilty, I think this can be taken as written in good intent - meaning that any dramatics are not a sign of guilt.

Post 240

She states that her suspect list hasn't narrowed definitively, though she puts emphasis on Encai, Fea, Formendacil, and Lhuna. This could be starting to push the Fea/Esty theory.

Post 243

Says she will be back early for her, late in voting to cast vote. Nothing indicitive there.

So while a lot she says can be construed to look suspicious, or even flat out just does look suspicious, most of the possibilities for who she could be partnered with get to a far-fetched point. The one thing I have noticed is that she is very good at either staying out of the limelight in the first place or deflecting it once it gets there. I've not made my mind up yet.

That sure took long enough! And, now that I look at it, it is rather lengthy. Sorry about that.

Cross-posting with Boromir, Morm, and Formendacil.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #252
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

In response to Morm: I'll try to hold my vote for a while, but staying up that late doesn't agree with my body. Also, I have to be up fairly early tomorrow. So I'll see what I can do.

Lhuna – 1 (TGWBS 1)
Formendacil 1 – (Boromir 2)
Fea – 1 (Formendacil 3)

If this and the day's discussions have been any indication, the voting will be close again. I could (at least theoretically) see myself voting for any of those three (or others) at this point.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #253
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B88
Enca, it's pretty clear I'm innocent, and if you vote for me you'll end up dying, that's just the way it is. It's a sign that you don't vote for a known innocent.
That statement really didn't help clear your name from my suspicion list. I don't think I'll vote for you, Boromir, because I have nothing to base it on other than these "known innocent" bits you keep reiterating.

Morm's analysis of Formendacil's posts have bumped the latter up on my list a bit as well, although Firefoot's of Esty has done the same, so perhaps it's just the focus on one person that makes it all the more incriminating.

I'm of a like mind with TGWBS toDay. Lhuna hasn't made any contributions, which leaves us in the dark for her, which gives me an uneasy feeling. I may vote for her, or for Formendacil. This will be done in approximately 0.5 hours.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #254
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Though I've currently got little extra to add, I think it best to keep up while I can, and comment on that which intrigues or bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So, either you're pulling a bold bluff (which I think you are capable of attempting), or the wolves thought they'd have an easy target to go after if they set you up. As of right now I'm thinking it's more of the latter, unless of course you are telling me that you are bluffing and are a wolf?
I don't tell people that I'm bluffing! I might tell people that I'm a wolf, but I don't tell that I'm bluffing. If I want mass confusion, I let people rip each other apart. I don't want mass confusion, so I'm being vocal in what I hope is a helpful way, though sadly not as vocal as usual. Perhaps university has matured me? I doubt it, but you never know. It just seems like I'm not seeing anything that causes me to attack the ones I think are guilty. Usually there's a clue, you know? This time it's a tough game to call. Generally there are a few experienced players that you can call bluffs on based on past performances, and there are newbies that you can pick apart because they make errors when they're bad and are obvious when they aren't. This game? Even the inexperienced players have at least seen some of the gaming, or know of it, and they are highly intelligent. They play the role well of "I'm not always sure what's going on." but I tend to really want to call them on bluff. Even the very first village we were made aware of, we all played more exhuberantly than they display signs of. You just can't tell if they are honestly a little behind the times or if they just want us to think it. That makes me nervous and gives me the knee-jerk reaction "let's kill the newbies and then if that doesn't work, at least we'll be dissecting the motives of those whose capabilities we've got a grasp on."

That statement relates to my feelings on Esty and Underhillo. I'm less convinced of her guilt than ever after having read her blog where she comments that she's innocent, but I also wouldn't put it past her to do that as a sort of a back up in case somebody decided to click the mysterious link in her sig one bored Saturday afternoon. So I really don't know about those two. But of them, I lean a lot toward Esty's innocence and Underhill's guilt. I don't like it at all that so many people have suspected him. Like I said.. .with at least seven people convinced that he's acting wolfy, it shows that it's not just being fingered by wolves for a bandwagoning. Or maybe it does... I'm leaning more toward "Enough people think or have thought that he is far less than purely innocent, it might just be worth the lynch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
I also suspect that with high suspicions of me early the Seer has already dreamed of me, which makes me innocent, so of course you don't want to get rid of me.
I don't like this at all. Having a Seer dream of you doesn't make you the least bit innocent. It just means that the Seer hasn't openly declared his/herself yet and said "Fea was right the first time, Boro's a wolf." I wonder if this is a trick to make the Seer step forward and say something that accidentally gives up his or her identity. This would be disastrous if the Seer hasn't yet dreamt of both wolves. With no Ranger, the Seer would be entirely without protection. For shame, Boro, you should know better than to bait the good guys. For all our bad luck, it could actually work.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #255
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B88
I also suspect that with high suspicions of me early the Seer has already dreamed of me, which makes me innocent, so of course you don't want to get rid of me.

I had not noticed that before! Boromir, you are digging yourself in deeper and deeper with these statements. No one knows you're innocent. You could be a wolf and the Seer hasn't yet stepped forward about it. I said I wasn't going to vote for you before, but here goes nothing. Maybe I'll die like you said (threatened?) I would, but I'll take that risk.

++ BOROMIR 88
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #256
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

This will likely be my last real analysis before I vote, though I may come in with a few comments. I'll be voting probably in about an hour and a half.

Boromir - I don't know what to think of him, other than that he's acting like an idiot. If he's a wolf, he's almost too suspicious to be true. If he's an innocent, then he's digging his own grave and taking the focus away from the real wolves.

Encai - She's on my suspect list, though I don't think I'll be voting for her today. I'd like to have a close look at her tomorrow, though, probably post by post as has been done with Esty and Formen. I haven't seen anything that would strongly suggest her guilt, though closer analysis might show something.

Esty - Despite my lengthy accusation/analysis of her, I'm not convinced of her guilt at all. I'm currently leaning towards innocence, though I do have concerns about her which I have already stated.

Fea - What's to be said? She makes me nervous, but I do feel like she was set up. I'm not so sure that there isn't something in the Fea/Encai theory. But overall, I'd say Fea's probably innocent - at any rate, she won't be receiving my vote today.

Formendacil - I think he's likely to be a wolf - he could get my vote tonight. I've already stated my opinions of him, though, so I'm not going to go into anything lengthy here. My opinion really hasn't changed.

Lhuna - She's another one who could get my vote. There just isn't enough to go off of for her, her posts have been vague, containing no concrete accusations. She could be a wolf, but we'd have nothing with which to accuse her because she doesn't post often. I know she lives in a different time zone, and I might feel a little bad in voting for her, but she makes me nervous too - not in a Fea-nervous way, but in an "I'm slipping under the radar now" nervous way.

Mr. Underhill - I'm not too concerned about him. His posts seem to have been written in good faith, and some of his comments, though brief, have been very shrewd. I'm not going to discount him, but I think there are several people who are far more suspicious than he is right now.

Mormegil - I'm about 98% confident of his innocence. I have no reason to suspect him, as his arguments and suspects have made sense to me, even when viewed from a critical eye.

TGWBS
- I'm having a really hard time getting a grasp on him - he's very slippery. He's another one I think a post-by-post analysis might be very useful for.

I don't think there's anything new here - it's more like a summary of my position setting up my vote, hence my lack of supporting details.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #257
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

You'll all pay if I die. Enca, it's pretty clear I'm innocent, no use in fighting it, but hey if you want me hanged to see it, then it's your own loss. If you all are stupid enough to follow Enca and hang me, then I suggest you hang Formendacil one day and Enca the next. Unlike Eomer and Anguirel whom voted for me, and I knew were innocent, I feel that I've been on a wolf since the very beginning (Formendacil) and this is Enca's attempt to save her pal.

Fea, I'm not trying to drag out anyone. I think I have already been dreamed of, since I was the most suspicious person entering into Day 2. Whether the Seer wants to reveal him/herself or not is completely up to them. Why would what I have to say make the Seer come out? If the Seer comes out because of what I said then this village deserves to be doomed.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:06 PM   #258
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, I had hoped not to vote so soon but I am falling asleep even as I write this.

++Formendacil

is my vote.

Edit: Cross-posting with Boromir, who is getting extremely defensive now...
Old 10-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #259
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Edit: Cross-posting with Boromir, who is getting extremely defensive now...
Defensive, nah, just appalled at the seemingly low intellegence level of the village. So here's your options as I see it.

1) Hang me today. Waste a day, and cry over my death about how wrong and sorry you are for losing me. Then lament "Why oh why did we hang him? He only told us he was innocent 50,000 times." (And apparently that's what it's taking and I'm still not getting through. I've never seen thicker skulls in people, honestly.

or

2) Actually be productive for once and hang a wolf.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #260
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
OK, I awoke early with a name on my mind, but before I vote I'm catching up with previous posts to see what others are thinking.

I'm uncomfortable with morm's assertion that he and Firefoot are innocent and should therefore vote late. Anyone who states with such certainty that another is innocent is either a wolf who knows, or the seer. (I would not dare to call anyone a known innocent yet!) Not yet uncomfortable enough to make either of them my prime suspect though.

Firefoot's post-by-post analysis of me amuses me, as it takes me more seriously than I take myself! However, it is right and proper to leave no one and no factor out of the total picture. The only ones who know my innocence are the wolves, and possibly the seer.

I'm startled over Boro's "You'll all pay if I die." He's doing a pretty good job of keeping his statements confusing. Either he's on to something with his third time vote for Formy, in which case his defensiveness is a desperate warning, or he's being stubborn. Enca's vote for him could be one wolf trying to save another, i.e. Formy.

I do take Boro's thoughts that the wolves could be setting Fea up for lynching seriously, though I'm not sure. She is still an uncertain factor for me, but not top on my list yet. As for Fea's comment on my blog entry, well - duh! You wouldn't expect me to come out and claim anything but innocence on a blog that is read almost exclusively by Downers, would you? And that during the game! I may be a newbie to this game, but I'm not stupid. Anyway, the blog is only for sharing funny comments with those who know me but are not reading here. Besides, while I'm still alive here, I don't have much time to do anything else to blog about, do I?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #261
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Nothing I've read makes me change my mind, so I will vote now. Again, my main reason is the argumentation concerning both previous votes, which incriminates Enca, in my opinion. Therefore:

++Encaitare
Old 10-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #262
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
As for Fea's comment on my blog entry, well - duh! You wouldn't expect me to come out and claim anything but innocence on a blog that is read almost exclusively by Downers, would you? And that during the game! I may be a newbie to this game, but I'm not stupid. Anyway, the blog is only for sharing funny comments with those who know me but are not reading here. Besides, while I'm still alive here, I don't have much time to do anything else to blog about, do I?!
I'll admit that I wasn't expecting to find "Mwahahaha, those foolish villagers still don't suspect me!" However I also wasn't expecting to find game-related comments at all. They can be so easily misconstrued. That's why I haven't been using game-related away messages on AIM. Encai would be able to see them, as well as a few others. I've refrained from using a few funny comments as new sigs because they'd likely be mistaken for things. That's why your blog struck me into comment.

In any case... I'm noticing a bit of a let's vote Formendacil trend tonight, which I'm not all that opposed to, given my misgivings toward him.

But is there any way that we could orchestrate a double lynching between him and Underhill? It would clear up the nagging doubts that many of us seem to have about Underhill, and would clear up the suspicion surrounding Formy. If you want explanation as to why I think it would be permissable to kill two people intentionally on one night, reread my really long post from this afternoon (EST).
Old 10-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #263
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Sorry to double-post, but I've only just realized that I'd like to go to bed and then sleep really late tomorrow, as it's my only day off from classes and I need the rest.

That means that I'm voting now for

++Mister Underhill

Before, his quiet "playing dumb" nature bothered me because we all know that he isn't dumb. Then I started rereading the thread and realized just how many people suspected him. Then I realized that I suspected him, and that was quite the shock to learn. Here I'd been vaguely concentrating on B88 and LMP. I guess that's what I get, being distracted by Rëâl Lìfè and all of its complications. Not saying B's innocent, mind, just that I currently think Mister Underhill is the bigger problem to be solved tonight.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #264
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Lhuna – 1 (TGWBS 1)
Formendacil 2 – (Boromir 2, Firefoot 5)
Fea – 1 (Formendacil 3)
Boromir - 1 (Encaitare 4)
Encaitare - 1 (Esty 6)
Mister Underhill - 1 (Feanor 7)

This leaves Lhuna, Underhill and me left to vote. I will continue to wait it out and if I need to make or break a tie depending upon what I see I will do it.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #265
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
I'm uncomfortable with morm's assertion that he and Firefoot are innocent and should therefore vote late. Anyone who states with such certainty that another is innocent is either a wolf who knows, or the seer. (I would not dare to call anyone a known innocent yet!) Not yet uncomfortable enough to make either of them my prime suspect though.
That is fine and I respect that however I stand by my assessment of Firefoot. If I don't start believing that somebody is innocent then what is the point? You need to filter innocents from the culpable and I feel that I can give Firefoot enough of my trust though it appears that she won't be around to vote at the end with me.

Let me reexplain why I am waiting. First I am innocent and it's generally believed that I am. There have been too many late votes where ties were made and broken to make me believe wolves weren't involved somewhere. What I hope is to minimize the wolfish influence and hopefully bag a wolf or two.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #266
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Well, busy day -- wasn't sure I would even make it home in time to vote. I've read up on the thread. All these suspicions of me seem to be based on me "playing dumb", to which I can only reiterate my previous response: I only wish I was playing. I'm still lagging behind the experienced villagers strategy-wise and making tactical discoveries that others take for granted.

I'm torn here. Though Fea went down on my suspicion list a bit, I by no means trust her -- especially since she's leading the charge against me tonight.

Boromir just seems too obvious to be a wolf, though he's certainly not on my "most trusted" list.

I could easily see myself casting an Enca vote, based on all-over-the-map posting and a sketchy voting record.

I'm gonna have to go...

+ +Formendacil

Two votes for me in a row, then suddenly he switches to a Fea vote, on a day where suspicion of me is growing and suspicion of Fea is waning? Smells like a wolf who started the campaign against me and now is ducking for cover in case I'm lynched and revealed to be innocent.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:13 PM   #267
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Lhuna – 1 (TGWBS 1)
Formendacil 3 – (Boromir 2, Firefoot 5, Mister Underhill 8)
Fea – 1 (Formendacil 3)
Encaitare - 1 (Esty 6)

I feared that he would do this. All but preventing a possible tie for him and saving himself but not acknowledging it. If Formendacil is innocent I would posit that Mister Underhill is a Wolf so unless Lhuna shows up and votes for Underhill he is safe today. But waiting for Lhuna to show up is doubtful.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:18 PM   #268
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sorry for so many small post...

I was really hoping to get rid of Formen and Encai today. I'm convinced that at least one of them is a wolf. Therefore Lhuna if you do get here in time please post for Encai and I will tie it up.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:25 PM   #269
mormegil
Maundering Mage

To ensure I don't miss the deadline I will vote and pray the Lhuna shows up in the next 5 minutes.

++Encaitare

Sigh...I wish this would have worked out better though I think I will investigate Mister Underhill more thoroughly if I am alive next DAY.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:30 PM   #270
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

If I'd have known you were looking for a tie, I would have easily been convinced to vote Enca... whatever happens, the wolves' game of turning the innocents against each other is working at least this far.

Well, I can only hope I've chosen wisely and that Form is a wolf.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #271
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye During Day 3...

"You know, I think littlemanpoet and Eomer had the right idea."

Everyone in the tavern turned to look at Estelyn.

"What do you mean, Esty?" asked Encaitare.

"Well, you see," began Estelyn, "Those two both had a talent, and they used it to combat the wolves. Maybe we should try and find ways our skills can be used to combat the wolves!"

"Well, that's a nice thought," said the guy who be short, "But what're you going to do, Esty, sneak up on the wolves and sew them into straightjackets? Ha ha! Or maybe shoot needles at them with a mini-bow?"

The villagers all laughed, though they tried to hold it in to spare Esty's feelings (except Boromir, who guffawed uproariously as he pointed at Esty and slapped his knee).

"No, I'm serious!" shouted Esty. "Maybe I can't do much, but there are some others among you who can! Firefoot for instance- you know all about herbs and plants. You need to look through all your old books and such and see if there isn't some sort of plant-juice or something that can be used to detect wolves."

"Oh, I get what you're saying!" exclaimed Firefoot. "Maybe we're not great warriors like Eomer and littlemanpoet and so we can't take on the wolves physically, but you're right- we can try to use what skills we have to aid the village. I'll get started on some herb-based werewolf strategies immediately!"

The idea caught on with the rest of the village, and everyone got up to go get to work on something that would benefit the village.

"I'm going to go make a special watch stone," said Mister Underhill. "It'll be really useful. I'll make it so whenever werewolves come near, it comes to life and fights them while calling 'Werewolf in the village! Werewolf in the village!'"

"I'm going to analyze everyone's droppings," said Formendacil. "Perhaps the people that are werewolves have slightly different excrement."

(to be continued)
Old 10-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #272
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye on the way...

There's a post on the way in a few minutes.

It's taking a while because it's very long.

Sorry.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 AM   #273
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Later in the day...

Around dinner time, the villagers gathered in the tavern.

Firefoot and Lhuna walked in with a bowl containing some strange sort of liquid. They also were carrying a large rotten board. After everyone else had arrived, Mister Underhill staggered in carrying a large stone figure.

"So, did anyone have any luck with their project?"

"Well," said Firefoot, "I had some luck. Lhuna, the healer, helped me a bit. We found a book that said if you drop a hair from someone's arm in a brew of dandelion milk, apple juice, and shredded wolf's bane, and then pour it over a rotten board, words will appear on the board revealing any genetic secrets about the person you took the hair from."

"Wow! That's great!"

"Yeah! I say we try it- right now!"

"Woah, everyone- I don't have enough ingredients to go trying it on everyone. Dandelions aren't in season right now, and I only have twelve in my store- just enough for one bowl of the stuff."

"Well, if that's the case," said mormegil, "Then we need to first decide who our main suspect is and try the stuff on them to see if we should go ahead and lynch them."

"Well, hold on a minute there!" cut in Boromir. "First let's find out what sort of success Formendacil and Underhill had with their projects."

Formendacil slumped down in his chair. "I analyzed every toilet in town, and I couldn't find any unusual droppings. Apparently, when wolves are in their human form all of their functions are completely human."

"How about you, Underhill?" asked Fea, staring at the large stone figure he had carried into the tavern. The stone was carved in the shape of a man sitting cross-legged with his hands resting in his lap.

"I think making the type of watch stone that I promised earlier is a bit beyond my skill," replied Mister Underhill.

"So, you don't think that there watch stone will come to life to fight wolves and yell out an alert?" questioned Enca.

"No."

"Then what does it do?"

"Well... this is kind of embarrassing, but... whenever someone nearby says 'Werewolf'..."

Suddenly the watch stone stood up and began the most ridiculous dance. Mister Underhill covered his face. Then the stone started yodeling. Everyone in the room covered their ears and began filing out of the door, but as soon as it had started, it stopped. The figure closed its mouth and sat down.

"So," said the guy who be short, "Your figure there doesn't fight Wer-, umm, I mean wolves, it just sings and dances when someone says it?"

"Says what?"

"You know- it."

"Aahh- he said the word!" cried a passing Knight Who Says Ni.

"Well, it looks like Firefoot's serum is the only thing we have to work with," said Esty. "Oh well. So- who should we test it on?"

Several names were said, but more people said Formendacil than any other name.

"All right then, Formendacil, come over here and sit by me so I can take one of your hairs," said Lhuna.

Formendacil looked none to pleased, but he complied.

After Lhuna and Firefoot had taken the hair and mixed it with the brew, Lhuna grabbed the rotten board and set it on the table. Firefoot poured the contents of the bowl onto the board.

"Okay- let's see if it reveals Formendacil's genetics like it said."

As the astonished villagers looked on, words began to appear on the wood.

"They're really faint! Can anyone make out what they say?!"

"I think I can!" cried Fea, who had very sharp eyes. "It says 'If you look closely at Formendacil, you will find micro elf dna'."

"What?"

"I'm not elvish," said Formendacil.

"Are you sure?"

"Um, do I look like I have elvish blood?" asked the very homely gong farmer.

"I suppose not."

Everyone sighed.

"So, the brew is worthless! It didn't tell us anything!" complained Boromir.

"Wait!" cried Fea, "More words are appearing!"

This time, everyone could read the words- "PS- he's also a wolf".

"KILL HIM!!!" yelled Boromir. All of the villagers grabbed the closest heavy object they could find.

Formendacil jumped onto the table and snarled at the villagers. He had been found out, but he was determined to either escape or take one of the villagers with him. His body quickly changed into its wolf form.

"Touch me and your healer is dead!" growled Formendacil as he plucked Lhunardawen from her seat and held her high above his head. But the villagers did not heed his words. They rushed him from all sides, swinging chairs, knives, candlesticks, and other various items.

Formendacil howled in pain as a knife pierced his foot. He kicked out at the villagers and flung Lhuna across the room. Her neck snapped as she hit the wall head first.

"I'll kill you all!" yelled Formendacil as he leaped off the table onto morm and Fea, knocking them to the floor. As he raised his hands to strike them, Boromir jumped at him from behind and drove his long dagger into Formendacil's skull.

The werewolf fell to the floor with a thud.

"HA!" shouted Boromir, "I finally got him!! I TOLD you he was a Werewolf!"

Fea and Enca hugged. TGWBS high fived Esty. Mister Underhill's watch stone danced and yodeled.

Living-
  • mormegil (messenger)
  • the guy who be short (dwarf)
  • Encaitare (jewel smith)
  • Boromir88 (insulting man from Dor-Lomin)
  • Firefoot (naturalist/herbalist)
  • Feanor of the Peredhil (tavern wench)
  • Estelyn Telcontar (seamstress)
  • Mister Underhill (itinerant drúadan watch-stone maker)

Dead-
  • the phantom (Moderator- captured by Sauron and slain by wolves on Night 1)
  • Anguirel (Ordinary- beaten to death by villagers on Day 1)
  • Eomer of the Rohirrim (Hunter- died bravely battling wolves on Night 2)
  • Cailin (Werewolf- slain by Hunter on Night 2)
  • Shelob (Ordinary- beheaded on Day 2)
  • littlemanpoet (Ranger- ambushed by wolves on Night 3)
  • Lhunardawen (Ordinary- killed by Werewolf on Day 3)
  • Formendacil (Werewolf- taken down by villagers on Day 3)

Score: Villagers- 7, Werewolves- 1

It is now night. If you post on this thread during the night I will kill you.

Wolf, Seer- I need your picks by 12:30 AM EST.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-23-2005 at 01:17 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #274
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye During Night 4...

Sauron was in a foul mood. He knew that the villagers of Erbar Telamarth were a talented bunch, but he never expected to be down to his last wolf by the end of Day 3.

Sauron knew that this night could very well be his wolf's last chance to kill, so he wanted to make sure his wolf made as damaging a kill as possible. He had been deep in thought for the entire night, strenuously searching for the best possible target.

And now, the search was over. Sauron had found his target.

No wonder this village has been tough he thought. Erbar Telamarth has a Seer.

Sauron stood and faced the village. He remained rooted in place, completely still, for half an hour. A distant howl suddenly interrupted the silence. Sauron lowered himself onto his throne and smiled devilishly.

They don't have a Seer any more!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:31 PM   #275
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Day 4 Begins...

That morning, Firefoot did not show up at the tavern. Everyone knew what that meant.

Mister Underhill and the guy who be short were sent to Firefoot's cottage to see if there were any clues there to help identify the final wolf. Most of the villagers, however, figured all the two would find would be a corpse.

"What did you find?!" burst out Esty as the pair entered the tavern.

"It wasn't a pretty sight," said Underhill.

"You can say that again," added TGWBS. "It seems that she was lying in her bed when the beast laid hold of her. Judging by the damage to her and the things around the house, I'd say that the wolf yanked her out of bed by the ankles and swung her around, bashing her head against the walls and furniture. And then it appears that the creature slashed her with its claws and beat her with its fists, though it was likely she was already dead. Last of all, the foul demon snapped her in half over its knee, stuffed her into her cupboard, and stuck knives into her eyes."

Many of the villagers didn't hear the last part, as they had covered their ears halfway through the horrific report. Boromir, who had listened to the whole thing, wondered aloud, "Why was the wolf so incredibly vicious this time? Is it simply angry about losing its comrades, or did it particularly dislike Firefoot?"

"I was about to ask the same thing," added mormegil.

"Both reasons, most likely," answered Mister Underhill. "TGWBS and I found several interesting books and journals in Firefoot's house, and all were marked with the same symbol- an eye ringed with stars and crescent moons. The symbol was also tattooed on her back just below her neck."

"Just a minute, here!" exclaimed Fea. "Are you telling us that-"

"-Firefoot was a seer?!" finished Enca.

Mister Underhill and the guy who be short nodded.

Living-
  • mormegil (messenger)
  • the guy who be short (dwarf)
  • Encaitare (jewel smith)
  • Boromir88 (insulting man from Dor-Lomin)
  • Feanor of the Peredhil (tavern wench)
  • Estelyn Telcontar (seamstress)
  • Mister Underhill (itinerant drúadan watch-stone maker)

Dead
  • the phantom (Moderator- captured by Sauron and slain by wolves on Night 1)
  • Anguirel (Ordinary- beaten to death by villagers on Day 1)
  • Eomer of the Rohirrim (Hunter- died bravely battling Werewolves on Night 2)
  • Cailin (Werewolf- slain by Hunter on Night 2)
  • Shelob (Ordinary- beheaded on Day 2)
  • littlemanpoet (Ranger- ambushed by Werewolves on Night 3)
  • Lhunardawen (Ordinary- killed by Werewolf on Day 3)
  • Formendacil (Werewolf- taken down by villagers on Day 3)
  • Firefoot (Seer- slashed, beaten, stabbed, and snapped in half by Werewolf on Night 4)

Score: Villagers- 6, Werewolves- 1

The following villagers have informed me that their participation will be somewhat limited today- Encaitare will not be present until around 5 PM EST.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-23-2005 at 11:47 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:48 PM   #276
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

All I can say right now is that we ought to take a peek at Firefoot's most recent accusations and defenses, as they are the up-to-date Seer-speak.
Obviously she believed in Weredacil's guilt. I'm assuming that means he was one of her dreams, as he held a constant place in her suspicions through her entire life here. She also seems to have dreamt of me, mentioning Day 2 that her suspicion of me was lessening (I'm assuming she dreamt after this) and on Day 3 agreeing with morm about how I was set up. I also think that she dreamt about Esty, having defended her three days solid.

I'm a bit nervous of TGWBS right now, given her two-day-straight suspicion of him. I remain nervous of Underhill, especially based on Formendacil's insistence on him. I wouldn't put it past the two to do something of that nature. I know I said I'd try to stop thinking in terms of what I'd do, but it's the first thing that springs to mind.

Also, Boromir, who continuously voted Weremendacil while the rest of us weren't all that worked up about it. Why, Boromir, did you know to vote for him?

Basically what I'm asking of you guys is this: Boro, Underhill, and TGWBS, please defend yourself to the village.

I'm posting this now because I'm currently awake, but as far as I know, I won't be able to post again until about 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. I wanted to make sure my thoughts were available before then.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:53 PM   #277
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Mr. Underhill - I'm not too concerned about him. His posts seem to have been written in good faith, and some of his comments, though brief, have been very shrewd. I'm not going to discount him, but I think there are several people who are far more suspicious than he is right now.
This was her last post about Mister Underhill it would seem to say that he's innocent and that she dreamt of him. I am willing to give this to him at this time even though I wish I known this yesterday because I would have trusted him to help me at the end, as it was I didn't and wanted either him or Encai lynched. I am so glad we got a wolf but I still am worried about Encai.

Quote:
Encai - She's on my suspect list, though I don't think I'll be voting for her today. I'd like to have a close look at her tomorrow, though, probably post by post as has been done with Esty and Formen. I haven't seen anything that would strongly suggest her guilt, though closer analysis might show something.
Now this would suggest to me that Firefoot has not dreamt of Encai but was in process tonight. Did Encai interupt that dream? My suspicion still lies heavily upon her.

Quote:
Esty - Despite my lengthy accusation/analysis of her, I'm not convinced of her guilt at all. I'm currently leaning towards innocence, though I do have concerns about her which I have already stated
It would seem there was no dream here either. But I don't think Firefoot was overly concerned of her despite her lengthy analysis of her. Basically the same is said of Fea, TGWBS, and Boromir.

Quote:
Mormegil - I'm about 98% confident of his innocence. I have no reason to suspect him, as his arguments and suspects have made sense to me, even when viewed from a critical eye.
I didn't perceive this at the time but her comment about a critical eye would seem to indicate that she did dream of me early on but was reticent about saying she thinks I'm 100% innocent, trying to protect her identity. Now you can believe what you like about me but I think between this and my vote for Cailin and "damning" testimony of Formendacil we can safely assume I am innocent.

Currently the village should believe that Mister Underhill and I are innocent that leaves 5 others who are still suspect. Now we do not have any gifted left to help us out so it's left to us alone to rid us. Now we really need to kill the remaining wolf today to eliminate the risk of the cursed being attacked and also saving lives.

I just found another post the would implicate Mister Underhill's innocence.

Post 210

Quote:
My top suspect is still Formendacil, though I'm starting to think that a connection between him and Underhill is too far-fetched. Underhill also seems to have been very consistent. He's starting to drop off my radar a bit. So one of the things I will be looking for is who else Formen might be associated with, as well as other possible pairs of wolves. At this point, there should be some clues to who our wolves are, whether in voting or somewhere else.
It seems that she dreamt of him the night before and this in concert with what I already presented makes him 99.999% innocent to me.

I think I shall do a further analysis of all Firefoot had to say but not currently. Of the other five I would rank them thusly in order of suspicion

Encai
Feanor/TGWBS
Boromir
Esty

One thing that I would like to hear from Boromir is what was the comment about if you die Encai will certainly die too? Please explain.

Edit: cross post with Fea....Why did you forget Encai? Also I think Underhill is cleared by what I've said. It's nice to know that we can't have 2 wolves working together now though.

Last edited by mormegil; 10-24-2005 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:19 AM   #278
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Alas that our Seer Firefoot was found out and killed after only a few nights of dreams! We could have used her in-sight-full help longer. It is good that a wolf, Formendacil, was lynched, though. I will go back for a thorough analysis later on, but here are my first, spontaneous thoughts.

Lhuna, poor innocent, has also died; however, since she was on several suspect lists, that does narrow the search down. Going back to my own theory, that one of the voters for Anguirel was a wolf, that means a choice between two people, since the other two are gone. I never considered Underhill particularly suspicious, and I do so even less now. He hasn't been able to participate as actively as he would like to, and I think that shows that he is not a wolf. Judging from my past experience with him as a member of the Downs administration, I would say that he would find a way, even under difficult circumstances, to do his "duty" if he had such an important, active role.

That leaves Encaitare, and she is still top on my list of suspects. I must say, the arguments of those who spoke against Formendacil convinced me of his guilt, although I was chasing a different wolf. Boromir spoke against him very convincingly, voting for him all three times, and the second name he has mentioned as a suspect is Enca. Though I'm not trusting anyone 100%, the fact that he was right on Formy does make me inclined to listen to what he says. He also suggested that Fea was being set up by the wolves, a possibility I want to examine more closely as well.

Seven remain, one is a wolf - unless we don't lynch her/him before a cursed villager adds to the werewolf ranks.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:00 AM   #279
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Firefoot... Seer? That was completely unexpected.

Here's what I thought: Boromir was the Seer. He dreamt of Formendacil on Day 1. He was kept alive incase he was the Seer, as it would incriminate Form. However, with Form's death, he would be killed so he could not name more innocents or the other wolf.

Now that we know Boromir isn't the Seer... how did you know about Form? That's uncanny. And suspicious.

I was quite hoping a Boro-Seer would die tonight, not out of any lycanthropic intentions, but due to the fact that we'd still have two definite innocents left - morm and Firefoot. Unfortunately, that it down to one. Once morm is dead, we enter a danger zone where lupine influence is magnified. That means we have to try our hardest to catch a wolf today, as it will only get harder once morm is dead.

Innocents:
mormegil
the guy who be short

Wolves?:
Encaitare
Boromir88
Feanor of the Peredhil
Estelyn Telcontar
Mister Underhill

That's the only thing absolute in my mind right now. I'd kick myself if Esty were a wolf, but there's a tiny chance of her guilt, so I'm including her on the wolf list anyway. That leaves me four suspects.

Today I shall go over all Firefoot has said. I want to find out who she dreamt of each night.

Form's posts shall also be analyzed.

Voting patterns will be produced as per usual.

Things wont necessarily happen in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
TGWBS, please defend yourself to the village
I'm far too helpful, if consistently mistaken, to be a Wolf.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:21 AM   #280
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

DAY ONE:
Shelob - 2 (Esty 2, TGWBS 3)
Eomer - 1 (Cailin 4)
Boromir - 3 (Anguirel 1, Eomer 5, Feanor 14)
Formendacil - 1 (Boromir 6)
Mr. Underhill - 1 (Formendacil 7)
Anguirel - 4 (Shelob 8, Encaitarë 12, Mister Underhill 13, Lhuna 15)
Cailin - 3 (Mormegil 9, Firefoot 10, LMP 11)

DAY TWO:
Mr. Underhill – 2 (Lhuna 1, Formendacil 8)
Lhuna – 1 (Shelob 2)
Shelob – 4 (TGWBS 3, Esty 5, Firefoot 9, Encai 12)
Formendacil – 1 (Boromir 4)
LMP – 1 (Fea 6)
Fea – 3 (Morm 7, Mr. Underhill 10, LMP 11)

DAY THREE:
Lhuna – 1 (TGWBS 1)
Formendacil 3 – (Boromir 2, Firefoot 5, Mister Underhill 8)
Fea – 1 (Formendacil 3)
Encaitare - 1 (Esty 6, mormegil 9)

So, to go by votes:

Formendacil votes Mr U two days in a row.

On the last day, Mr U votes Form, but Form does not vote Mr U. Why? I wouldn't put it past them to be a wolvish duo seeking to sow confusion. (Wow, I agree with Fea...)

Yesterday, Form voted for Fea. Fea voted Mr U.

Let me stop there. My brain is exploding. Formen-Underhill? Formen-Fea organising a conspiracy aganst Mr U? Formen-Boro planning Boro's apparent innocence? These are the three things most apparent to me, and I can't decide on one.

Why do people suspect Enca again? Esty and her look cleanest to me.