The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Encounters with actors

I know there's a thread about what you would do if you met an actor, but has anyone actually met an actor, got an autograph, or just spotted one anywhere?<P>The other day i was in a shop queue, and i could have sworn i was behind David Wenham. Either that or an extremely similar looking guy. Had the EXACT same nose and hair colour.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:01 PM   #2
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I don't know if this counts, but I went to see Sir Ian McKellan's one-man show on Shakespeare. (He does a darling Juliet!) During the show he asked for audience members to come up and die on stage while he recited the roll of the slain from Henry V. He shook each of us by the hand and just seemed like a very friendly normal person -- not in any way full of himself. From reading some fan blogs where they spoke to him at receptions and junkets he seems like a really wonderful person. I thought it was cute that when he and Elijah Wood went to get their "nine" tattoos they held each others' hands because it was painful. <P>Has anyone here met Sir Ian McKellan?<P>-Lily<p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]
Old 03-23-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Has anyone here met Sir Ian McKellan?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Unfortunately not, but I'd really like to. Living in a small (read as: hick) town, we don't get (m)any actors around. The only person I know that lives here that's met an actor passed on a couple years ago. She met Pierce Brosnan in a Utah airport (said he was a rather nice person, too).
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
ooooh, you are so lucky, Lily! I would love to meet Sir Ian McKellan. I saw Viggo Mortensen though. You all have probably all read my other posts with me bragging about it though. My friend got his autograph! I touched it, hehe. He was awesome. <P>Meela - If I had seen anybody who looked remotely like David Wenham, I'd be screaming <P>Rynoah - I also live in a hick village in the middle of nowhere, but Viggo M. happened to graduate from college in a town 10 miles away from me, and he came back. Gives all the hicks a thrill. <P>I would love to meet Karl Urban, Eomer. I don't know why, I just seem to be fascinated with him. hehe <p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 03-23-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

I saw this guy who looked like an older version of Billy Boyd!! And then I saw another guy who looked like Dominic Monagham with a major acne problem!!! It was really freaky...<P>I have copies of a signed photo of the LOTR cast and PJ. Does that count?<P>Goldberry~ You saw Viggo?!?!?!?! DIE!!! *takes a deep breath* <I>"I am calm and collected.."</I><p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:31 PM   #6
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eressië - a copy, or real autographs? I'd love to have either one
Old 03-23-2003, 06:32 PM   #7
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

It's just copy... I wish it were real, though.<P>How on earth did you get to meet Viggo?!?! Life is so unfair...
Old 03-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #8
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

My dads friend worked on the Pirates of the carriban movie and he knew how much my sisters and I love LOTR so he got us these autographed pics for X-mas. mine says<BR>Katie<BR>(heart)<BR>Orlando Bloom
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:53 PM   #9
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wow Earwen you are so lucky!!! I would die to get an autograph of any of them. hehe, not really die <P>Eressië, a picture with all of them with the signatures is wonderful even if it's a copy.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #10
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Yeah, but the picture of Viggo is just plain <B>scary</B>! I didn't think that a picture like that exizted until I saw the one my friend gave me!
Old 03-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #11
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thats so awesome that you got to meet Viggo!!!!!!!!!! Its not fair!!!! I have not yet had the honor of meeting any of the actors, but I hope to one day.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:38 PM   #12
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As I mentioned in another thread, a few days ago my wife and kids got to meet Billy Boyd when he was appearing at a local university. She knew the secretary of the guy who organized it and so was able to swing a private meeting with him for herself and my two sons. They had a lot a fun and he signed a few things for us.<P>H.C.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:54 PM   #13
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

nope, i've never seen anyone, though there's one guy at apple bees that looks like an extremely skinny Elijh Wood.
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:55 PM   #14
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

I've heard that before...
Old 03-23-2003, 11:50 PM   #15
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actually got to meet Sir Ian McKellan, he was a real gentleman. I met him when he came to the Seattle Aids Walk. He did a little speech about Aids and how important the topic was to him, and said the "You shall not pass" line from the movie (which was one of the greatest moments of my life) and then he jumped down and spent about a half an hour talking to fans and signing anything. Additionally during the walk, he talked to people and was so nice. It was so cool, I also got his autograph, it is on a waterbottle (I stupidly brought nothing else he could sign, but I did bring a sharpie, and he signed this free waterbottle from Swedish Medical Center) it is in my bedroom, next to my FOTR poster. It is so darn cool. I wrote a report about it on theOneRing.net, I met him on September 22, 2002 (actually it was Bilbo and Frodo's birthday) I sadly did not get a photo with him though, but it is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:17 AM   #16
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I haven't had any encounters...yet!<BR>I'm going to NEW ZEALAND for the ROTK premiere so I hope I'll see all of the stars there!! I'm so excited even though its ages away!
Old 03-24-2003, 02:10 AM   #17
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I have not met any LOTR actor, but Sean Astin has come to my town before for political reasons (also, his mom lives in my state).<P>I've also heard that Viggo has a place in Sun Valley, Idaho, a town I visit annually. It's actually quite possible I could see him there one day, as I have seen big movie stars in Sun Valley before. But I doubt I'd ever get an autograph from him, as Sun Valley is a small little place and celebrities are treated as regular people there.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:41 PM   #18
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you guys are ALL SO FRIGGING LUCKY!!<BR>I can only daydream about meetin actors...damn!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #19
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm going to NEW ZEALAND for the ROTK premiere so I hope I'll see all of the stars there!! I'm so excited even though its ages away! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What!!!!!!!! no friggen fair. i want to go bring me along pleaseee!!
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:21 AM   #20
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hahaha You've no idea how many people have asked me that Earwen! I'll post every single picture I get on a thread someday so you'll get to see everything
Old 03-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #21
arwen_evenstar

Silmaril

Wait, the ROTK PREMIERE!!!!! Are you just gonna stand on the barriers and scream??? I would kill to go to that!!!! U better sleep with one eye open missy....lol..u are soo lucky! I dreamt once i met Elijah and he told me he did the voice of stitch on Lilo and Stitch...it was wierd...then i had another one where i met him and we went swimming in a lake and he hugged me(ah dreams....) and someoe locked us in a pipe and when we found a way out and the person who locked us in tried to shoot us but Woopi Goldberg shot him first....dont ask i have a weird mind man !
Old 03-25-2003, 01:33 AM   #22
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Arwen, you've had some... <I>strange</I> dreams.<P>Whoopi Goldberg? Elijah as Stitch? I've heard worse. But they were in my dreams.<P>Next subject! Beruthiel~ You better post pictures!!! Is there a limit on the number of things I can send to you to get signed?!?!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:35 AM   #23
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I've had REALLY weird dreams too! Once I dreamt that the entire cast of LOTR was hanging out on my front yard and then Orlando Bloom asked me if I would show him my house and I did and he said it was cool and then I woke up. WEIRD!! <P>EDIT: Its gonna be SO packed at the premiere though! I'll try and get as many autographs as possible but I might not get any <p>[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 03-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #24
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I've never had the privledge of meeting an actor from LOTR...<BR>but, Elijah Wood attended my sister's band's concert (possible twice, definitely once) and he talked a lot to their lead singer. <BR>I also know someone who met Sir Ian and got his autograph... <BR>Oh yeah, and then there's my one friend who has pretty much met every single one of the actors and showed me pictures ( jealous )!<P>As for actors I have met: Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Alan Thicke (whoopty-doo), & I've also met Julian Casablancas of The Strokes (as well as Jack White... but I met him a long time ago). I have also met a lot of actors who are famous in my own little universe, so I thought it was cool.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:54 PM   #25
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I've had REALLY weird dreams too! Once I dreamt that the entire cast of LOTR was hanging out on my front yard and then Orlando Bloom asked me if I would show him my house and I did and he said it was cool and then I woke up. WEIRD!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I had a dream where the entire Fellowship's journey was happening in my basement and they dragged me along for the ride. Strangely, I kept trying to keep Boromir from trying to take the Ring, so I had to keep an eye on him at all times. But, I looked away for some reason and he was gone, so I was panicking. I found him again, though, and he hadn't tried anything. I think I wrote it down somewhere.... yup, I did. <A HREF="http://www.fqc-clan.com/journal1/modules.php?op=modload&name=Journal&file=index&jop =browse&mode=view&id=37" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> ya go. Enjoy.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:15 PM   #26
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<I>Believe</I> me, I've had much weirder dreams. I don't think I'll post them here just now, though, because ther're...well...<I>really strange</I> <P>I haven't met any actors myself, but my classmates friends uncle is Richard Gere...that's cool. Not in LotR though. And by the way: kill Miramax!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:39 PM   #27
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I can connect myself through people I know to the cast. Does that count? Because my friend (even though he's probably about 3 times my age, he's still a friend) was in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" with Nathan Lane, who was in "Mouse Hunt". Christopher Walken had a small role in that movie, and he was in "The Prophesy". Viggo Mortensen was in "The Prophesy". So...I practically met Viggo. I met Ernie Sabella in any event (go Pumbaa).
Old 03-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #28
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

That was an....interesting connection
Old 03-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #29
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well... I <I>could</I> be related to Patrick Stewart and/or Martha Stewart as we share the same name. Patrick Stewart was in X-Men with Famke Jensen, who was in Goldeneye with Sean Bean who, in turn, portrayed Boromir in FotR. How's that for connection? Viggo Mortensen is supposedly my online-friend's great-uncle or some such relation, but I doubt he knows about her family.<p>[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Rynoah, the Overly-Happy ]
Old 03-25-2003, 11:28 PM   #30
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

K, i didnt put this dream in my last post because i thought it was <I>too</I> weird, but...eh.<P>My family was trying to set up a tent outside this weird building in the middle of this really muddy street, so me and Mama decided to go in and look at the building and when we got in there was this hella long line. There was a little sign sayin that Elijah Wood was givin out autographs, and i was like 'YES!' Anyway i lined up, then for some reason i went to check my hotmail and when i got back everyone was gone. I went to see if i could get into his room but i couldnt and it turned out that viggo mortensen, billy boyd, orlando bloom and dom monaghan were staying in this building too, in this way:<BR> B E<BR> V D<BR> O<P>Anyhoo, i went to viggos room and he was there(i know this sound weird but i <I>swear</I> i am not making it up) dressed up as a clown teaching a math class...dont ask...but he wouldnt sign an autograph either. , <I>then</I> I saw Orlando and stole some paper and a pen from someone in viggos class and asked if Orli would sign it, and he said(in his <I>incredibley </I> sexy brit voice) 'Ive got a better Idea!' So he goes into his room and comes out with a poster with the pic of the four hobbits on Amon Hen(which i thought was odd because he wasnt in it) and on the side it said, 'Elijah wood is Frodo, Sean Astin is Samwise, etc.' And next to 'Orlando Bloom is Legolas he signed his name, then he took it to Dom, Billy and Viggo and they all signed it! But i didnt get the autograph off Elijah, whose i orignally lined up to get. <P>And that, is the BEST DAMN DREAM OF MY LIFE!<BR>Yeah, and seriously I <I>did not</I> make that up! Hard to believe i know but...yeah...BEAT THAT ON THE WEIRDNESS SCALE!<BR>Bye!<p>[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen_Evenstar ]
Old 03-26-2003, 01:30 AM   #31
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

People, this forum is for discussing the LotR movies, not the scripts of your own dreams or the possibilities of connection to actors. For that, please go to the Mayhem forum. Unless someone posts about the original topic soon, this thread will be closed.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:29 AM   #32
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My friend met Christopher Lee on holiday, because he was on the same plane as her! She got his autograph too.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:00 PM   #33
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>My dads friend worked on the Pirates of the carriban movie and he knew how much my sisters and I love LOTR so he got us these autographed pics for X-mas. mine says<BR>Katie<BR>(heart)<BR>Orlando Bloom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, Earwen...when was that? I'm just wondering because my sister is in Cali right now on an Honor Society trip, and they went to go see the Queen Mary cruise ship. Well, she said that they passed by a dome-shaped building that they were filming Pirates of the Carribean in. I was just wondering if Orli would have happened to be there. She said a lot of people were going in and out of the building so they might have been filming. Was that a while back, or just recent as to they would still be filming this week?<P>Other than my sister passing by a building, I have never met any actors...especially not LOTR. I would die to meet one of the Hobbits though...well...actually any of them. You are all so lucky. No one ever comes to NC.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:16 PM   #34
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm going to NEW ZEALAND for the ROTK premiere so I hope I'll see all of the stars there!! I'm so excited even though its ages away![ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>WHAT!?!?!?! How in the world did you get tickets to that? When is it? I am SOOOO jealous right now, it's not even funny. Make sure you tell us all about it! <P>You guys are all so lucky, you have people's autographs and stuff. Maybe I will someday steal the autograph my friend has of Viggo.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:23 PM   #35
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had another David Wenham sighting. I think he lives in my town! *shrieks and faints*
Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 PM   #36
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Another David Wenham sighting? Where!?!? I must move to your town! <P>If you see him again, get his autograph and give him a huge hug from me. lol. And he'll turn out to be some random guy. His autograph will say, "John Smith" or something, hehe
Old 03-26-2003, 02:52 PM   #37
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I just saw a guy who looked incredibly like Dom, but nobody would ever come to Massachussetts. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I could be related to Patrick Stewart and/or Martha Stewart as we share the same name. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> If I were you, I wouldn't post your last name online....
Old 03-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #38
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Let's see, i went to some premiere, and met Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom (he is MUCH prettier in person ) and Billy Boyd. I have all three actor's autographs. Hanging over my bed. FRAMED.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:03 PM   #39
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Let's see, i went to some premiere, and met Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom (he is MUCH prettier in person ) and Billy Boyd. I have all three actor's autographs. Hanging over my bed. FRAMED. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>WHAT?!?!?!?!?! how? when? where? you are SOOOO lucky!!! I live in the middle of nowhere so I am never going to be able to go to a premiere.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:32 PM   #40
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I live in the middle of nowhere so I am never going to be able to go to a premiere. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Goldberry, I feel your pain. I as well am in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Damn Nowhere!!<P>Beruthiel, think you can get Billy's autograph for me?
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote